4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

I'm not surprised, there's a reason he had no problem staying more than 2 years with barely playing any football.

He cares much more about the prestige of being called a Manchester United player than actually playing football.

Last edited:

L1nk

All just PR to curry the fans favour after his brother posted what he did. Sick of this PR club and its players please just get them out, that goes for Pogba too, possibly Rashford and Maguire as well. The circus isn’t worth their actual ability on the pitch, Lingard such a bang average player his entire time here.

hobbers

You’re one to talk. The same guy that’ll back players that have literally done less for this club the Lingard but they don’t ‘moonwalk’ & they fit a certain archetype. He’s been with the club since 9, we pride ourself on our academy. The excuse ‘Player X’ didn’t get one is irrelevant as that would be as wrong in their cases as this one. Brought upon himself? You’re a parody at this point.
:lol:

Why dont you have a go at listing every United academy graduate who got a nice send off from OT before leaving.

GL21

Good riddance to bad rubbish. This lad is an utter wanker. Entitled prick was never good enough

AFC NimbleThumb

He's a weasel, and if I played alongside him at United I'd be happy to let him know what I thought of him and his constant leaks. The vitriol aimed at Lingard is done so because he has made himself a target, unless you're suggesting he's being unfairly targeted for some reason? In which case, I'd love to hear your claim for the defence of Jesse Lingard, the worlds most misunderstood footballer. I'd love to know which players I've backed? Because I'll tell you right now, I'd be happy with every single one of them leaving in the summer with the exception of Ronaldo. Why would I think I deserved respect from Jesse Lingard? What are you talking about? You're making this perversely specific, like you're Jesse's brother or something. I don't give a shit about him and I'm absolutely sure he doesn't give a feck about me.

We rejected low ball offers from West Ham last summer. Jesse never pushed for a move and Ole wanted to keep him, then he tried to move on loan in January but it was blocked. He should have gone in the summer we don't know the reasons why he chose not to but it is what it is. He's had multiple seasons to sign a new contract though, and he's run it down because he wasn't being played, and he wasn't being played because he is shite and has a big mouth. He's chosen to blame the club for those things.

What about when Michael Keane left? Januzjai? Macheda? Pogba the first time round? Should the club have handled it better? Guard of honour maybe?
This isn’t about equivocation though. Beckham didn’t particularly get a great send off, does that mean I can’t believe Lingard deserved a little better? The fact you’ve clutched at Michael fecking Keane & Macheda says it all. Just admit you don’t like the guy & move on. Lingard has literally played in/scored in final wins & you think that warrants the same level of acknowledgment as a Macheda? Of course you don’t but this RedCaf so you’ve got to leave all good faith at the keyboard. If you can’t see the rather clear differences in their United careers then football isn’t for you lad.

The trouble with posters like yourself is there’s no actual standard. You emit faux outrage at Lingard because he’s ran he’s ran down his contract despite the fact offers were made, offers you call ‘low ball’ based on what exactly? [Thin air & the fact you don’t like this player]. You also acknowledge he would have left in January so how exactly has he chosen to run down his contract down anymore than being kept at the club for no real reason. . .

You literally said respect goes both ways, & you can’t even remember that part of your argument because it’s not really about being genuine for you. If you’d like to discuss why I believe Lingard deserves a tad more respect for his United career then fine but lets keep the Januzaj’s out of it.

:lol:

Why dont you have a go at listing every United academy graduate who got a nice send off from OT before leaving.
When did I say every academy graduate should/does get a send off. I’m talking about a graduate that has scored in multiple cup finals for the club. As above other graduates with more accolades haven’t had send offs either, not sure why that matters in this case as multiple instances can be wrong.

So instead of making things up, stick to the topic. We’re talking about Lingard, who despite his decline for us has actually at points delivered for the club in big moments. It ending for him [read Lingard not all graduates] in this way is disappointing.

‘Every academy graduate’ :nono:

crossy1686

career ending
This isn’t about equivocation though. Beckham didn’t particularly get a great send off, does that mean I can’t believe Lingard deserved a little better? The fact you’ve clutched at Michael fecking Keane & Macheda says it all. Just admit you don’t like the guy & move on. Lingard has literally played in/scored in final wins & you think that warrants the same level of acknowledgment as a Macheda? Of course you don’t but this RedCaf so you’ve got to leave all good faith at the keyboard. If you can’t see the rather clear differences in their United careers then football isn’t for you lad.

The trouble with posters like yourself is there’s no actual standard. You emit faux outrage at Lingard because he’s ran he’s ran down his contract despite the fact offers were made, offers you call ‘low ball’ based on what exactly? [Thin air & the fact you don’t like this player]. You also acknowledge he would have left in January so how exactly has he chosen to run down his contract down anymore than being kept at the club for no real reason. . .

You literally said respect goes both ways, & you can’t even remember that part of your argument because it’s not really about being genuine for you. If you’d like to discuss why I believe Lingard deserves a tad more respect for his United career then fine but lets keep the Januzaj’s out of it.
I will openly admit I don't like the guy based on his actions and his performances for Manchester United, that isn't a secret and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So what if he's played and scored in finals? That doesn't entitle him to anything or anyone else for that matter, and Macheda arguably won United the league by the way, but you probably forgot that I guess.

:lol: faux outrage? I'm glad he's run his contract down otherwise we'd probably have him stinking up the place for years to come. He's full of shit, and that's the problem, nothing to do with offers and contracts. Ralf told a fan he was leaving, Lingard got upset and called the manager a liar on social media and yet look here, he's running his contract down. He create's drama out of nothing because he's terrified J Lingz will get some bad brand rep.

Respect between him and the club. I couldn't care less if Lingard has any respect for me, I don't have to work with him. His performances suggest he has very little respect for anyone to be honest, even himself.

jesperjaap

Decent player with excellent movement. For me, he was never really good enough for us though. Little sympathy for him not gettign a send off as he has been here a long time and played well for six months. Really for the sake of his own career, he should have moved on long ago, as someone else said all about the prestige of being a Manchester United player....when he never really has been

hobbers

When did I say every academy graduate should/does get a send off. I’m talking about a graduate that has scored in multiple cup finals for the club. As above other graduates with more accolades haven’t had send offs either, not sure why that matters in this case as multiple instances can be wrong.

So instead of making things up, stick to the topic. We’re talking about Lingard, who despite his decline for us has actually at points delivered for the club in big moments. It ending for him [read Lingard not all graduates] in this way is disappointing.

‘Every academy graduate’ :nono:
Well okay you can change the goalposts, but originally the point you made was that it was because of the "pride in our academy" that we give players these mythical send offs that no academy product I can think of has ever had.

Phil Neville, Beckham, Butt, Evans, Brown, O'Shea, Welbeck, Cleverley, Gibson, Macheda, Januzaj... just off the top of my head. Then there are the dozens of high profile signings who stayed for a long time, like Nani or Park. Most of them contributed more to the club in a season than Lingard in his entire career. Did any get send offs or did they all just get transferred away with no fuss?

Only reason Lingard and his demented brother are in a position to throw their toys out is because he's chasing a final signing on fee and so is running down his contract, while contributing nothing to our top four fight other than briefing against his manager and team mates. That's fine, he can do that. But if we'd moved him on last year or in January he'd have had no send off either and no one would have said a word.

caid

Well okay you can change the goalposts, but originally the point you made was that it was because of the "pride in our academy" that we give players these mythical send offs that no academy product I can think of has ever had.

Phil Neville, Beckham, Butt, Evans, Brown, O'Shea, Welbeck, Cleverley, Gibson, Macheda, Januzaj... just off the top of my head. Then there are the dozens of high profile signings who stayed for a long time, like Nani or Park. Most of them contributed more to the club in a season than Lingard in his entire career. Did any get send offs or did they all just get transferred away with no fuss?

Only reason Lingard and his demented brother are in a position to throw their toys out is because he's chasing a final signing on fee and so is running down his contract, while contributing nothing to our top four fight other than briefing against his manager and team mates. That's fine, he can do that. But if we'd moved him on last year or in January he'd have had no send off either and no one would have said a word.
I think part of the accusation arises from Mata and Matic 'getting a send off'. But really they weren't getting a send off so much as getting selected ahead of Lingard and others. Deservedly. They were subbed off before the end because they were probably knackered which is fair enough and just a sensible use of players that age. It gave them an opportunity to say goodbye to Old Trafford. They weren't given it, they took it by being better than Lingard amongst others.
He's throwing out a lot of excuses for why he should have been picked, none of which are I'd play better than them (he clearly wouldn't, he's had plenty of chances this season). He's just missing the point and it reflects badly on him.
Play better, work harder, be more professional. Maybe you'll dislodge the academy kid who runs around a bit.

hobbers

I think part of the accusation arises from Mata and Matic 'getting a send off'. But really they weren't getting a send off so much as getting selected ahead of Lingard and others. Deservedly. They were subbed off before the end because they were probably knackered which is fair enough and just a sensible use of players that age. It gave them an opportunity to say goodbye to Old Trafford. They weren't given it, they took it by being better than Lingard amongst others.
Yeah exactly. And also there's more respect owed to them anyway, not just because they're much better players, characters and personalities than Lingard, but because they're on a short road to retirement. They're not gonna go to Newcastle and get a big signing on fee and play for 5 more years like Jesse can.

AFC NimbleThumb

No ones changing the goalposts. I posted about Lingard & your response is ‘every academy graduate’ which is irrelevant. As per you’ve waded, in off topic & disingenuously. I mentioned Beckham in a previous post, keep up. You’re so addicted to conflict you’re repeating my own points at me.

I’m not doing this dance when every point you’re making has been addressed already. Absolute cretinous response.
He's throwing out a lot of excuses for why he should have been picked, none of which are I'd play better than them (he clearly wouldn't, he's had plenty of chances this season). He's just missing the point and it reflects badly on him.
Play better, work harder, be more professional. Maybe you'll dislodge the academy kid who runs around a bit.
Did Cavani earn his minutes?
I will openly admit I don't like the guy based on his actions and his performances for Manchester United, that isn't a secret and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So what if he's played and scored in finals? That doesn't entitle him to anything or anyone else for that matter, and Macheda arguably won United the league by the way, but you probably forgot that I guess.

:lol: faux outrage? I'm glad he's run his contract down otherwise we'd probably have him stinking up the place for years to come. He's full of shit, and that's the problem, nothing to do with offers and contracts. Ralf told a fan he was leaving, Lingard got upset and called the manager a liar on social media and yet look here, he's running his contract down. He create's drama out of nothing because he's terrified J Lingz will get some bad brand rep.

Respect between him and the club. I couldn't care less if Lingard has any respect for me, I don't have to work with him. His performances suggest he has very little respect for anyone to be honest, even himself.
Macheda didn’t win United the league lad, he scored a very important goal against Villa. If we’re at the point where you’re trying to equivocate their United careers let’s end it here cause there is no comparison. It’s like me saying cause Lingard scored in multiple cup finals he’s been better than Beckham.

I want Lingard to go, I’m just a bit tired of a certain group of players being blamed for things wholly when in fact there are other things at play. Lingard would have left, he actually started well off the bench this season then things got even more sour. There’s no need to exaggerate the situation, sell him in the Summer & we don’t have an issue but no let’s blame him for not moving to Newcastle in January despite the stupid survival bonus the club tried to insert.

I’m not calling for a guard of honour & in fairness it’s not particularly match specific, I just think the whole Lingard situation has been handled terribly for 2 seasons. It’s created a situation where fans such as yourself now dislike the guy in a personal manner because the club dithered. In a few years it’ll be Elanga, then the next youngster.

crossy1686

career ending
Macheda didn’t win United the league lad, he scored a very important goal against Villa. If we’re at the point where you’re trying to equivocate their United careers let’s end it here cause there is no comparison. It’s like me saying cause Lingard scored in multiple cup finals he’s been better than Beckham.

I want Lingard to go, I’m just a bit tired of a certain group of players being blamed for things wholly when in fact there are other things at play. Lingard would have left, he actually started well off the bench this season then things got even more sour. There’s no need to exaggerate the situation, sell him in the Summer & we don’t have an issue but no let’s blame him for not moving to Newcastle in January despite the stupid survival bonus the club tried to insert.

I’m not calling for a guard of honour & in fairness it’s not particularly match specific, I just think the whole Lingard situation has been handled terribly for 2 seasons. It’s created a situation where fans such as yourself now dislike the guy in a personal manner because the club dithered. In a few years it’ll be Elanga, then the next youngster.
For sure, and I agree with you, there are other things at play regarding Lingard and I’m sure he does have some claim when he says he’s not been treated entirely fairly, but what rubs myself and others the wrong way is how he and his brother go about making that known. The levels of immaturity and unprofessionalism are insane, there’s no where else he could get away with some of the things he’s done and said.

I think we all thought he was going to leave last summer but for some reason the club decided not to sell him, it’s a stupid decision and probably Ole’s fault for not binning him and Pogba or demanding they were both sold at least.

Should Elanga launch his own clothing brand on the eve of a Derby game to maximise the publicity, post pictures of himself on social media wearing another teams colours and cheering them on while United are getting hammered or get his brother to say he’s a prisoner at United and call the manager a liar, then in all fairness Elanga will probably deserve it, but if he doesn’t and he just concentrated on playing football he’ll be absolutely fine. Maybe he’s not good enough in the end but people still have love for players like Welbeck.

As much as it’s shit for Lingard to still be here when he wanted to leave, he and his brother need to realise that he signed a contract to play for United for x amount of years, not a couple of years then piss off when he stops getting games. We need to purge these characters out of the club.

hobbers

No ones changing the goalposts. I posted about Lingard & your response is ‘every academy graduate’ which is irrelevant. As per you’ve waded, in off topic & disingenuously. I mentioned Beckham in a previous post, keep up. You’re so addicted to conflict you’re repeating my own points at me.

I’m not doing this dance when every point you’re making has been addressed already. Absolute cretinous response.
So we've established no former academy player has had the sort of send off that would have satisfied Lingard's infantile brother, or you, apparently. Good.

Smores

People making excuses for him like he's a toddler. The club should have let him leave yes but that doesn't mean he's being wronged by not playing or that his petulance is acceptable.

It's a bit odd that some seemingly can't recognise his bad behaviour.

Andrew Richmond

I just don’t get hate for Jesse Lingard. I really don‘t. Kid deserved to be given a home send off, much more deserving than Cavani my opinion.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
An academy graduate since 9 deserves some form of send off.
His performance alone against City should of been the end of his United career. Never have I seen a more despicable performance in all my years as a supporter. Come to think of it Rashford had a similar type performance and he can feck off as well. Why do academy players deserve recognition when they can't even be bothered to do the minimum, especially against City?

To get respect you have to earn it. You really think he's done enough the last 5 years to "deserve" anything from the club? Should of been binned years ago.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
His performance alone against City should of been the end of his United career. Never have I seen a more despicable performance in all my years as a supporter. Come to think of it Rashford had a similar type performance and he can feck off as well. Why do academy players deserve recognition when they can't even be bothered to do the minimum, especially against City?

To get respect you have to earn it. You really think he's done enough the last 5 years to "deserve" anything from the club? Should of been binned years ago.
Aye. They should be grateful they get to live the dreams (which, incidentally, can’t be buy) of millions of Man United fans. I do not recognize a Man United fan when I see them playing.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Jesus how can some people still try to justify what Lingard did (leaking info to Scholes despite him being a pundit now aka the media) and his brother tweet is beyond me. He shat on the club. Your club. Also if you have to ask for a send off then you dont deserve it, even if they give it to you its because they are forced to do so than by choice. Pathetic.

SteveTheRed

Lingard is a prime example of the modern day footballer in every aspect. He's been good for us in some parts, but overall massively inflated by his social media presence and partly club/players around him.

What makes me laugh is other fans coming out saying "United have treated him disgracefully"....please treat me disgracefully for £100k a week.

Godfather

I don't see other team's players post as much shit on their twitter as ours. Salah, Mane, Diaz all hardly post anything but our biggest underperformers spout their bs on every other occasion. Really tiresome.

Kostov

It's actually embarrassing that Lingard and his brother showed their true colors at the end, yet there are still United fans brandishing him as some kind of victim. This club through it's sheer incompetence at managerial level, has made him millions, prolonged his career at a big name club and somehow still makes him relevant, yet they have the audacity to spout bullshit. It serves the idiots who have kept him around for too long I guess.

yamo123x

A response to Jesse Lingard's entourage...

Poor Jesse, i agree he should have been given a send off based on service alone, but would the fans REALLY want to give him a warm send off? I mean we pay him 150k + a week for his contributions below

-Poor half arsed arrogant performances- TICK
-Refusing to sign a new deal to hold club to ransom- TICK
-Trips to Dubai mid season to clear his head - TICK
-Acting like an idiot on social media posing in west ham shirt -TICK
-Disrespecting RR- TICK
-Leaking info to the press and pundits-TICK

Pretty much epitomises everything that is wrong with the current squad. Dab off !

Last edited:

iHicksy

Rio fecking Ferdinand didn't get a send off. RvP won us a title and didn't get a send off. I don't recall Rooney getting one either?

romufc

I just don’t get hate for Jesse Lingard. I really don‘t. Kid deserved to be given a home send off, much more deserving than Cavani my opinion.
Whats not to get?

He has disrespected the manager on numerous occasions, first was him having time off after his failed move away, which he rejected a permanent transfer so he can get a huge signing on fee.

Then he is telling Scholes the dressing room is a disaster like he isn't part of it

Then he is posting pics of him in a different club kit, whilst playing for United

Then when he plays gives about 10%.

Gets his brother to do his dirty work, blaming the club glazers for sympathy from fans, where was all this when they offered him 150k?

Kaos

Rio fecking Ferdinand didn't get a send off. RvP won us a title and didn't get a send off. I don't recall Rooney getting one either?
Rio and Rooney both got testimonials. RVP had been with us for a couple of years, but still deserved one more than Lingard who's a nothing player tbh.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
If he had been sold soon after his brilliant West Ham detour none of these issues would have come up, that would have been a win-win and everybody is happy. He had even earned an England call-up.The decision to hold on to him was totally senseless and the root cause of this situation.

crossy1686

career ending
I know this sentence gets used a lot around here but can you really imagine how a Roy Keane or SAF would react to Lingards antics if they were working with him today? I mean seriously, I'd have genuine fear for his wellbeing

AndySmith1990

I don't get how someone doesn't get the "hate" for him. The lad is a moron and his antics this season have been unacceptable. He's exactly the type of player this club needs to rid itself of

jem

Because he’s a cretin who leaks to the press, posts pics of himself in another team’s kit, and is just incredibly annoying all round (see videos posted from his vacation with Rashy.) And most of all, he is nowhere near the required standard. Can’t wait too see the back of him and if I’m being honest, I hope he fails at his next club.

Status
Not open for further replies.