Jesse Lingard 'to leave on a free'

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You can't lump them together and blame the youth academy though.

Pogba was more than good enough, just gave up trying at some point.
Rashford has been fine for us till his form deserted him, most PL clubs would have loved a youth product like him coming through with is output.
Greenwood was more than good enough, I don't think the academy can be blamed for his issues.
Lingard is a decent enough footballer but not good enough for a club of our size and was kept around far too long.

All possibly on their way out, and each one a different reason.
All lacked the attitude to succeed at United. Also note that these are the best of the lot. In reality we haven't produced a WC player from the academy since Paul Scholes burst into scene

devilish

Clearly West Ham didn't think he was worth the money. They spend £25m on Vlasic but couldn't spend £15m on Lingard, also they couldn't afford his wages, which is why when he was on loan we paid part of the wages.

When a club wants a player, they pay the money, Liverpool with VVD, United with numerous players, Chelsea, the list goes on and on.

Anyway, he is not a very professional player with no respect anyway.

Yes, Ole must have given himself a 3 year deal.
Lingard had 1 year left in his contract. You don't know what secret deals Lingard has with West Ham. They might have already made an arrangement behind our backs for him to join them.

jackal&hyde

Given how close Lingard's PR team are with the media I would not trust any reports about him from the last 18 months or so.

devilish

Ole and co talked about United DNA and a British core of players, a project that costed us over 420m only for us to end up with this circus act. I hope this will be a lesson for United. Nationality or upbringing means nothing. Ole (as a player) was a Norwegian, not from our academy and a former Liverpool fan and yet he had more professionalism in his left toe then most of our youths combined. What truly matter is attitude, professionalism and talent.

United is not a place for second chances let alone third or fourth chances. The standards should be set too high for that. Lingard should have been shown the door the moment it was obvious that his heart wasn't at the right place. Let him sort his home problems while playing with West Ham or Everton not Manchester United. We have been too much accommodating with players which lead to our ruin. Its time for a cultural reset. United need to relearn the term 'no one is bigger then the club' and that include players who are injury prone or who do not give their 100% on the pitch week in week out.

Josep Dowling

The circus that has been created over this. Talksport have discussed it more than once. It’s not like Lingard was ever a certain starter for the club at any stage of his career. Anyone would think he’s one of our superstars. He clearly has friends in the media and has been stirring the pot all season, that’s why the media are constantly trying to defend him.

romufc

Lingard had 1 year left in his contract. You don't know what secret deals Lingard has with West Ham. They might have already made an arrangement behind our backs for him to join them.
Well, you don't know this either.

Varun1

The circus that has been created over this. Talksport have discussed it more than once. It’s not like Lingard was ever a certain starter for the club at any stage of his career. Anyone would think he’s one of our superstars. He clearly has friends in the media and has been stirring the pot all season, that’s why the media are constantly trying to defend him.
Things will get worse once he has left the club imo.

Roane

Things will get worse once he has left the club imo.
Have to be honest I would want to read or listen to anything that gets said about the last few years at UTD. Not just from Lingard but any player or staff.

It's been such a chitshow Im curious to what went on

devilish

Well, you don't know this either.
True but think about it. Last season Jesse scored 9 goals and had 5 assists in 16 games. He fitted Moyes's tactics like a glove. Why wouldn't he want to sign him? A 10m price discrepancy is nothing considering that EPL clubs are loaded and that Manchester United would have probably met West Ham in the middle. Unless of course.....Jesse and West Ham had a deal sorted all along

LoneStar

I hope he isn‘t part of the squad for the last 2 games. Would be a disgrace to see him again in a United shirt on the pitch. Our player recruitment and management has been abysmal. Guys like this should have been forced out of the club a long time ago.

romufc

True but think about it. Last season Jesse scored 9 goals and had 5 assists in 16 games. He fitted Moyes's tactics like a glove. Why wouldn't he want to sign him? A 10m price discrepancy is nothing considering that EPL clubs are loaded and that Manchester United would have probably met West Ham in the middle. Unless of course.....Jesse and West Ham had a deal sorted all along
I agree in principle what you are saying however; West Ham have got to the semis of Europa and doing well in the PL this season without him.

Things change in a season, Jesse will want a signing on bonus and who knows, West Ham might want to strengthen in other areas?

Tavern in the town

The vitriol toward a local lad who always gave it his all and gave us a moment of ecstasy in a cup final is weird. He’s been lied to by the previous manager about how much he’ll play and he definitely could’ve contributed something given how shit Bruno has been for large parts. Hope he does well wherever he goes.

Varun1

Have to be honest I would want to read or listen to anything that gets said about the last few years at UTD. Not just from Lingard but any player or staff.

It's been such a chitshow Im curious to what went on
Not me, would be difficult to believe anything that he will have to say. But it will probably be in the form of leaks again without naming the source, at which point I wouldn't know who to believe.

devilish

I agree in principle what you are saying however; West Ham have got to the semis of Europa and doing well in the PL this season without him.

Things change in a season, Jesse will want a signing on bonus and who knows, West Ham might want to strengthen in other areas?
Well these backroom deals can backfire spectacularly. For example the player in question might pick a long term injury which would literally ruin his career. Which is why I believe the likes of Lingard, Pogba and Cavani hasn't pulled their weight lately. Alternatively the player might not keep his promise. It would be interesting to see how Newcastle's recent turn of fortune will impact these sort of deals. Having said that you'd expect that a deal that is going to be done literally in few months time will be respected.

In my opinion United need a cultural shock. We need to avoid circumstances were players reach their final year of contract and we also need to avoid buying players whose heading towards the end of their career.

romufc

Well these backroom deals can backfire spectacularly. For example the player in question might pick a long term injury which would literally ruin his career. Which is why I believe the likes of Lingard, Pogba and Cavani hasn't pulled their weight lately. Alternatively the player might not keep his promise. It would be interesting to see how Newcastle's recent turn of fortune will impact these sort of deals. Having said that you'd expect that a deal that is going to be done literally in few months time will be respected.

In my opinion United need a cultural shock. We need to avoid circumstances were players reach their final year of contract and we also need to avoid buying players whose heading towards the end of their career.
Exactly, circumstances change in a year.

I agree, we need a massive culture shock, alot of our players have this entitled attitude, we need players that will want to improve, learn and play for their spot.

We also need footballers fully focused on their footballing career. Thats what we pay them to do.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
The vitriol toward a local lad who always gave it his all and gave us a moment of ecstasy in a cup final is weird. He’s been lied to by the previous manager about how much he’ll play and he definitely could’ve contributed something given how shit Bruno has been for large parts. Hope he does well wherever he goes.
He had over a year as a 1st team regular without registering a single goal or assist, and was replaced by a superior player, just how many more chances should the he have been given?

devilish

Exactly, circumstances change in a year.

I agree, we need a massive culture shock, alot of our players have this entitled attitude, we need players that will want to improve, learn and play for their spot.

We also need footballers fully focused on their footballing career. Thats what we pay them to do.
Well in recent years I doubt that its the case. Our club since obsessed with social media presence which might be the reason why the likes of Pogba and Jesse were allowed to get away with everything. Its a shame though as I believe we have it the wrong way. When United are successful then we don't need media whores to attract attention towards the club

Djemba-Djemba

Bruno in his worst season for Utd still has more goals and assists than Lingards best season at Utd.

jackal&hyde

How do you know what was promised or not? It's clear Jesse is on a PR tour and probably has been for a while. Bruno has been more productive in his worst season then Lingard at his best. Don't believe everything the media says, it most likely comes from Lingard himself.

crossy1686

career ending
No one doesn’t wish him well when he leaves, they just want him to leave.

You don’t know if he’s been lied to or not, you’re choosing to believe he’s been lied to.

Apart from his abysmal performances, going a whole year without a goal or an assist as a forward player, this is a bloke who launched a clothing brand the same day as the Derby to maximise his own personal gain, he tweeted an advert for a video game bang in the middle of a memorial for the Busby babes, which he was attending, and he posted a tribute to the victims of the Manchester bombings with pictures that were pasted with his own JLINGZ branding all over them.

He’s made countless mistakes, all in the public eye. He’s possibly the most badly advised footballer ever and he’s irreversibly damaged his image to United fans.

b82REZ

The vitriol toward a local lad who always gave it his all
He didn't though did he. The biggest complaint about him is his atrocious attitude on the pitch.

He had a purple patch a few years back and a goal in a cup final, other than that he's flattered to deceive and has massively overstayed his welcome.

b82REZ

I've never seen such a storm in a teacup over a fecking substitution.

It's clear as day he's briefed his friends in the media. Surely new clubs will be looking at this circus he's created and having thoughts whether they want the hassle themselves.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Lookin forward to Insta/twitter post from PR or his brother. Has to be picture of him in United shirt when he was 6, 7. Hope they don't forget to mention "United through and through", "United DNA", "Bleeds red".

Marwood

But you've no problem calling Ole a liar despite having no clue what was said in private between two other humans.

Although I do agree with Lingard getting too much stick. Can't knock his workrate when he's on the pitch. Always topped the charts for us in that regard.

Glorio

What a prick.
Seriously ... Telling your beleaguered manager on game day (such an important one) to pull you from the match squad and subsequent training days as you have a family matter, then having your brother whinge because you were not brought on against Brentford when we were coasting at 3-0.

Now it might have been an extremely serious issue, but I doubt it.

Swedish_Plumber

Club doesn’t need players like this. Fergie got rid of far more talented players before and in their prime because they threatened to unbalance things.

Goodbye Jesse. Thanks for the cup final goal!

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This is the value of Rangnick. He is not afraid to air the dirty laundry.

People say it shouldn't be done in public but we've seen with OGS players just take the piss then and try to run the club themselves.

Doing what he's done, Ralf has earned the trust and support of (sane and rational) United fans despite his managerial record being mixed, to say the least. We know he's not here to be a long-term coaching or managerial success but to put proverbial boot up the club's hierarchy's behind and get them to change their ways.

Very much living up to the moniker of Wrecking Ralf.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Funny how Lingard told Scholes about things that were meant to be kept for people at the club, not a pundit and yet his own brother doesnt know anything but decided to tweet about something controversial publicaly in order to protect Lingard that turns out to be false & invite angry mobs instead. Theyre both just as stupid.

I can see it now. They will soon moan about hate tweets that people send them, that they asked for by spreading bullshit.

Last edited:

L1nk

And this is partially why this club has found itself lacking for years and years. Players allowed to get away with antics, being incredibly poor on the pitch and allowed to make a mockery of the club all because supporters like you are all to eager to excuse them based purely on the fact that they are 'local lads.'

I don't give two shits if he was born in the stadium, he's been completely garbage for us on the pitch 9 times out of 10 with the odd game or purple patch, he's completely immature and has constantly done stupid things, this includes posting pictures of him in the West Ham kit whilst he's playing for us, putting up obvious PR posts to curry the fans favour, multiple times asking not to be included in the matchday squad, telling outsiders the dressing room is awful I could go on and on.

As terrible as Bruno has been recently he is 10x the player Jesse Lingard is. Jesse Lingard, 165 appearences in the league with 29 goals and 14 assists. Bruno Fernandes, 85 appearences in the league with 36 goals and 25 assists.

But it's okay, we should forget everything because he's a local lad. This is why we have to suffer the likes of Scott McTominay because of his passion and desire and he's an academy boy. Sick and tired of this nonsense.

Ole gave us a moment of ecstasy in a cup final but you're more than eager to blame him for Lingard's attitude, guessing it's not cause he's a local lad who tried hard enough?