Jesse Lingard 'to leave on a free'

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Rashford has proved himself over the last two seasons. Beans has been a bad influence imo and Marcus will be back next season.
Im afraid he's ruined rashford permanently, better to sell now otherwise he's be leaving on a free like lingard and pogba.

crossy1686

career ending
Back when I started following football that 'local lad' card was a sort of guarantee for club in question. It meant that the player in question was worth invested upon because he would be too grateful to bite the hand that made him and fed him for so many years. We had young Gary Neville claiming that he would rather retire from football then making it a club that was not Manchester United. For him it was either Manchester United or nothing. People like that was worth investing time and effort in them because if they do succeed then they would bleed on the pitch for at least a decade. That was what made academy players attractive.

At one point the goalposts had shifted and instead of owning us for investing in them we were expected to owe them. That really doesn't make sense. We invested time and money on Jesse Lingard. That was necessary to turn him into an EPL level player, an English international and a millionaire. Sure there are talent such as Baggio and Maradona who quite frankly could do it on their own. Jesse is certainly not one of them. So United aren't the ones owing anything in this case. We made Jesse, we were patient with him as he developed into the player he is now and we stuck to him despite losing himself with the Jlingz brand and his family problems. This is how he repaid us
This is exactly what the current situation is and sums up the fans frustrations with some current academy players perfectly. ‘Local lad’ has now become part of the PR brand for some players.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
That's very cool.

Agree with the last part. The new type of player is al about how much they can get. Is not just us though. One of Barcelona's most gifted in recent times left them after signing with the late "super agent".
We are among the highest paid clubs in the world. Our standards should reflect that. In my opinion a first team player should play well week in week out. Failure to achieve that should lead to the player losing his first team place a year later and end up being sold the year after. That would keep everyone on his toes. Unfortunately I doubt that our structure can handle such high staff turnover

devilish

This is exactly what the current situation is and sums up the fans frustrations with some current academy players perfectly. ‘Local lad’ has now become part of the PR brand for some players.
I couldn't say it better myself.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Bizarre that such a nothing, bit-part player is getting this level of attention for not being subbed on to say bye bye.

It only lends to the theories of him being a rat that is extremely cosy with numerous journalists.

devilish

Rashford has proved himself over the last two seasons. Beans has been a bad influence imo and Marcus will be back next season.
Rashy was horribly managed by Ole which is why I would give him a pass this season. He kept playing him when it was evident that he needed an operation. However he'll better show up next season as excuses are starting running thin

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
His association with Rashford will most likely mean leaks will continue.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Agreed. For young(ish) player like him, last two seasons were too much pressure i guess.
Solskjaer labelled him in public as new Ronaldo and gave him star player role then he was involved in huge charity work then penalty miss....he has excuse.

Lingard doesn't. His behaviour was always shit and performances also. He is lucky that he spent nearly whole his career in United.

jackal&hyde

Rashy was horribly managed by Ole which is why I would give him a pass this season. He kept playing him when it was evident that he needed an operation. However he'll better show up next season as excuses are starting running thin
You say that but he had his best seasons under Ole. He was injured and made the decision to go to the NT; that's on Rashy.

devilish

Bizarre that such a nothing, bit-part player is getting this level of attention for not being subbed on to say bye bye.

It only lends to the theories of him being a rat that is extremely cosy with numerous journalists.
That's quite an interesting take. Why are so many journalists pushing Jesse's agenda? No one gave a feck when other squad players left. I can’t help thinking that these journalists are losing their ear in the dressing room

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Sad the way cnuts on this site have turned on him, not the ones that were always against him, the others that have just gone along with the current narrative. I'm so close to just dropping this site...
I'm sorry this is hilarious. I got warning points for telling this guy to do one in a match day thread after he was going bonkers about Lingard scoring one of his unicorn goals.

Now he's calling 95% of the forum cnuts because his fave is showing his true face. Pretty funny.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Lingard is irrelevant as a player. He's had 22 years at the club and hasn't shown anything but the absolute briefest slivers of talent during that time. He jogs around a lot. That's it. He doesn't tackle, he doesn't cross, he doesn't assist, he doesn't score. He should have been on £200 a week for the shite he's served up whilst playing for Manchester United. We should have snapped West Ham's bloody arms off when they wanted to buy him. Don't even wait for a figure or a negotiation, just say yes when they said they wanted him. He is typical of how this football club has been run in recent times: rewarding mediocrity, handing out contract extensions so that we don't 'lose value' if we decide to sell, then we don't decide to sell, we rarely play the player after that, and then we let them run their contract down and leave on a free anyway!

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm sorry this is hilarious. I got warning points for telling this guy to do one in a match day thread after he was going bonkers about Lingard scoring one of his unicorn goals.

Now he's calling 95% of the forum cnuts because his fave is showing his true face. Pretty funny.
What on earth are you talking about? I don't even rate him more than a squad player... You guys have a habit of talking rubbish.

Smores

Almost as bad as that thread quoting and giving out to people daring to question Lingard's greatness because he scored a goal :lol:

It would all be good natured if they weren't at the same time proclaiming themselves the bastions of rational and without agenda debate.

Gandalf

An awful lot of posts supporting Jesse and bashing Ole from someone with only 49 posts to their name. Pretty certain you are a WUM if not simply a member of Jesse's family but to take issue (again) with the points you keep making.

The thing is he already did well in West Ham. So well that Moyes wanted to buy him, but Ole refused the sale.
You have made this point before and so to explain as you seem to be hard of understanding;

1. West Ham did not make a bid, you cannot refuse a sale without a bidder
2. Ole did not control transfers, that was Judge and Woodard
3. Jesse could have left anytime if he asked for a transfer but he has never done so

You can argue that Ole said he wanted him to stay but as has been hashed out before clubs never say they want to sell players when they are wanting to negotiate the best possible price, its transfers 101. Jesse spent 6 months at the club in the 2020/21 season without playing a minute of PL football and then in the summer we signed Jadon Sancho, he would have to be monumentally stupid to think he was going to be more than a fringe player if he stayed. Jesse simply did not want to stay at West Ham and preferred to wait out the last 12 months of his contract to get a big bag of money as a free transfer, that is his prerogative and I have no issue with that. He has chosen to act like an entitled twat for the last 12 months though, skipping training, withdrawing from squads, posting West Ham rubbish after United defeats and I do have a problem with that.

Wezzaldo

Gave it his all? After not getting his loan move to Newcastle, he immediately downed tools and asked for time off, where he fecked off to Dubai mid season because he didn't 'feel ready' for selection. And just today in Rangnick's recent press conference, he mentioned how Lingard didn't feature against Chelsea because he asked to be released from the squad. And I've not even gone into his other shenanigans like sharing photos of him in a West Ham kit while playing for us.

Park Ji-Sung, Darren Fletcher..heck even Dan James were all examples of players who gave it their all, even if some of them were limited players. Gary Neville was never an exceptionally gifted footballer yet made a very successful career of being United mainstay RB and even Captain through sheer work ethic and attitude. Lingard has been nothing but a cringelord who believed his own hype with an inflated sense of self-worth and ego, all without the ability nor work ethic to show for it.
This post nails it for me. Couldn’t of said it better myself.

devilish

You say that but he had his best seasons under Ole. He was injured and made the decision to go to the NT; that's on Rashy.
I am referring to when he was played despite being injured. About the latter ot was up to the club to put their foot down on the matter.

haru krentz

What's wrong with our academy graduates? why most (if not all) of them are cnuts? were we indulged them too much? did we forget the psychological aspect and too much focus on technicality side? We have 2 criminals, 2 man childs, and 1 delusional SJW wanna be. FML! :houllier:

My respect for RR has gone up a bit. This is what Ole shouldve done, standing up more against the players and the board if it benefits the club not just being all happy and smile do the bidding for Woodward's feckery behind the scene.

Agreed. For young(ish) player like him, last two seasons were too much pressure i guess.
Solskjaer labelled him in public as new Ronaldo and gave him star player role then he was involved in huge charity work then penalty miss....he has excuse.

Lingard doesn't. His behaviour was always shit and performances also. He is lucky that he spent nearly whole his career in United.
Rashford is our No. 10 for christ sake of course he was and is supposed to be our star player! what a strange comment.

Hailee

An awful lot of posts supporting Jesse and bashing Ole from someone with only 49 posts to their name. Pretty certain you are a WUM if not simply a member of Jesse's family but to take issue (again) with the points you keep making.

You have made this point before and so to explain as you seem to be hard of understanding;

1. West Ham did not make a bid, you cannot refuse a sale without a bidder
2. Ole did not control transfers, that was Judge and Woodard
3. Jesse could have left anytime if he asked for a transfer but he has never done so

You can argue that Ole said he wanted him to stay but as has been hashed out before clubs never say they want to sell players when they are wanting to negotiate the best possible price, its transfers 101. Jesse spent 6 months at the club in the 2020/21 season without playing a minute of PL football and then in the summer we signed Jadon Sancho, he would have to be monumentally stupid to think he was going to be more than a fringe player if he stayed. Jesse simply did not want to stay at West Ham and preferred to wait out the last 12 months of his contract to get a big bag of money as a free transfer, that is his prerogative and I have no issue with that. He has chosen to act like an entitled twat for the last 12 months though, skipping training, withdrawing from squads, posting West Ham rubbish after United defeats and I do have a problem with that.

I'm surprised at how hard you are trying to dodge reality.

1) Moyes went straight up to Ole and asked him about a bid. Ole turned it down. This is a straight quote from Moyes and documented. You definitely can turn down a potential bid before they make it official.

2) Ole did turn down the bid.

3) Jesse couldn't have left anytime he wanted, he is under contract. He has in fact demanded to be let go to Newcastle, but the club refused.

Honestly it's that simple. The club was the one who offered him a new contract. They then offered him an extension. Lingard took up both. When the club offered another one year extension Lingard had enough of that and wanted a real full contract. He was willing to wait it out if the club didn't want to offer him one.

If the club thought he was a twat, there were plenty of chances to get rid of him. If you think the club is negotiating for the best possible price, it's just a joke that we got a fat zero and we failed transfers 101. I'm not sure why you choose to absolve the club of everything and keep wanting to blame it all on the man. Just let him go already FFS.

jackal&hyde

I am referring to when he was played despite being injured. About the latter ot was up to the club to put their foot down on the matter.
That is yet one other aspect where the club lost it's mojo. With SAF we would dictate to NT what they can and can not do with our players. Now we have a player after an operation and he gets taken to a tournament to virtually destroy his recovery.

Feck I hope ETH is not just a very good coach but an actual leader. I think he is.

Gandalf

I'm surprised at how hard you are trying to dodge reality.

1) Moyes went straight up to Ole and asked him about a bid. Ole turned it down. This is a straight quote from Moyes and documented. You definitely can turn down a potential bid before they make it official.

2) Ole did turn down the bid.

3) Jesse couldn't have left anytime he wanted, he is under contract. He has in fact demanded to be let go to Newcastle, but the club refused.
In response again although I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall here as you are determined to push your myth. To respond to your points in order.

1. Neither Moyes nor Ole has control over transfers at their respective clubs, as managers they get some input but bids and everything else are left in the hands of executives. Moyes asked and Ole said no and yet Moyes as a former United manager knew full well it had feck all to do with Ole and the point of him revealing this story was to deflect criticism from West Ham supporters who wanted a deal done. There is also plenty of evidence that we were willing to sell as this was widely reported but we wanted 20M minimum and yet West Ham were not interested at anything close to that price and so no bid was made.

2. See above, he could not turn down the bid because it did not exist and even if it did Ole was not in control of transfers.

3. Jesse could have submitted a transfer request and made it plain he wanted to leave in the summer. If he had done so it is highly likely a deal would have been struck as this is how football transfers work, ask any old pro, if a player wants to force through a transfer they can. Jesse would have had to give up loyalty bonuses and accept a lower wage at West Ham and so it is no mystery to me why he never officially asked for a transfer. He wants the money a free transfer will bring him and wanted to keep his current wage in the meantime. Sure he got interested when Newcastle came calling and were willing to offer him a bonus for avoiding relegation but even then he refused to submit a transfer request and made it clear he only wanted a loan as he still wants to negotiate a free transfer this summer. He made his own bed, he is a greedy little cnut and god help the next team of suckers that end up with this ridiculous manbaby in their squad.

m1tch

I was reading about his personal problems, undoubtedly they must be difficult for him to manage. I'm not going to make much comment on whether they excuse him criticism or not, in some cases it could, in some cases not.

Anyway, with regards to him bringing up his siblings, I'm wondering how that impacts what club he moves to? If there's a strong preference for staying in the area then he's pretty limited on what clubs he could join. Everton might be his best bet if they're interested. A half season loan is different to what could be a 3 year deal somewhere, unless Newcastle still have that helicopter pad from when Owen was there!

Foxbatt

In response again although I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall here as you are determined to push your myth. To respond to your points in order.

1. Neither Moyes nor Ole has control over transfers at their respective clubs, as managers they get some input but bids and everything else are left in the hands of executives. Moyes asked and Ole said no and yet Moyes as a former United manager knew full well it had feck all to do with Ole and the point of him revealing this story was to deflect criticism from West Ham supporters who wanted a deal done. There is also plenty of evidence that we were willing to sell as this was widely reported but we wanted 20M minimum and yet West Ham were not interested at anything close to that price and so no bid was made.

2. See above, he could not turn down the bid because it did not exist and even if it did Ole was not in control of transfers.

3. Jesse could have submitted a transfer request and made it plain he wanted to leave in the summer. If he had done so it is highly likely a deal would have been struck as this is how football transfers work, ask any old pro, if a player wants to force through a transfer they can. Jesse would have had to give up loyalty bonuses and accept a lower wage at West Ham and so it is no mystery to me why he never officially asked for a transfer. He wants the money a free transfer will bring him and wanted to keep his current wage in the meantime. Sure he got interested when Newcastle came calling and were willing to offer him a bonus for avoiding relegation but even then he refused to submit a transfer request and made it clear he only wanted a loan as he still wants to negotiate a free transfer this summer. He made his own bed, he is a greedy little cnut and god help the next team of suckers that end up with this ridiculous manbaby in their squad.
I was going to say the same thing. Moyes and every manager knows that it's not the other manager who has the final say. Moyes can't buy anyone without the approval of his Board and Ole cannot sell.
There was no official bid for Lingard from WestHam. Yes you are banging your head against a wall.

Hailee

I don't know why you guys are pretending that managers have zero say about player purchases. It's like you imagine someone else is doing all the buying and selling and the manager cannot decide if he wants to keep the player.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...s/man-united-transfers-jesse-lingard-21597631

Moyes clearly approached Ole about a bid but was turned down by him. But sure, pretend that these 2 dudes are just having fantasy talks where Moyes is imagining that he could sign Lingard and pray that one day his club will answer his hopes and prayers and make a bid while Ole is dreaming that he can keep the players he wants.

Oh and Lingard will have a likely deal struck if he submitted a formal request (What does that even mean? Is going to the manager and club asking for a transfer and going to the media demanding a transfer not official enough?), it's his own fault for not wanting out despite the fact he kept demanding out but the club kept giving him new contracts that he had to turn down.

Copium of the purest grade. You guys are so willing to throw out all logic just so your minds can deal with the reality of the situation, which is that we bungled on dealing with Lingard massively. Is that so hard to accept without having to perform mental gymnastics? We have bungled just about everything else.

alexanderplatz

Don’t see the problem. Ralf isn’t making it up at the end of the day. Lingard will go on to do well elsewhere and I’m sure he will get a warm reception when he does play at OT. The lad got a lot of respect from the club and everyone accepted his lack of output during the time he was said to be having personal problems. Then as soon as he wants out it’s all about a lack of respect and class from the club who paid him millions when he was having a tough time and put no pressure on him to perform. No one made him sign a contract before but he did and then he complains that he is being held to it. I have enough to be thinking about generally without having to care about whether Jesse wants to play for man United again.

didz

So Lingard pulled out against Chelsea and then goes crybaby when he doesn't get to kick the ball when we're 3 nil up. Let's just have the team picked by whoever has the most active twitter account then, shall we?

How his PR team have managed to get this framed as being the fault of the club is beyond me.

From the articles I've read on Sky, BBC, etc, you'd swear this wasn't the same leaker who went a year without a goal or assist while featuring regularly, who hadn't been given every opportunity to arrest appalling form and who hadn't been paid 100k a week to make nothing but shit tshirts and excuses for the length of his last contract.

He's an absolute cretin and him and his ilk need shooting out of a cannon this summer, even if only to make this team remotely likable again. The sense of entitlement these players have is insane.

m1tch

I don't know why you guys are pretending that managers have zero say about player purchases. It's like you imagine someone else is doing all the buying and selling and the manager cannot decide if he wants to keep the player.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...s/man-united-transfers-jesse-lingard-21597631

Moyes clearly approached Ole about a bid but was turned down by him. But sure, pretend that these 2 dudes are just having fantasy talks where Moyes is imagining that he could sign Lingard and pray that one day his club will answer his hopes and prayers and make a bid while Ole is dreaming that he can keep the players he wants.

Oh and Lingard will have a likely deal struck if he submitted a formal request (What does that even mean? Is going to the manager and club asking for a transfer and going to the media demanding a transfer not official enough?), it's his own fault for not wanting out despite the fact he kept demanding out but the club kept giving him new contracts that he had to turn down.

Copium of the purest grade. You guys are so willing to throw out all logic just so your minds can deal with the reality of the situation, which is that we bungled on dealing with Lingard massively. Is that so hard to accept without having to perform mental gymnastics? We have bungled just about everything else.
A formal transfer request means the club don't have to pay the remaining contract to the player leaving. So it's quite simple, handing in a formal transfer request would have allowed the club to accept a lower bid. Nobody at United was desperate for him to stay, it's obvious to anyone who will see.

pascell

The vitriol toward a local lad who always gave it his all and gave us a moment of ecstasy in a cup final is weird. He’s been lied to by the previous manager about how much he’ll play and he definitely could’ve contributed something given how shit Bruno has been for large parts. Hope he does well wherever he goes.
This is the sort of romanticism that has helped get us in the rut we're in. Clinging onto sub standard players because they came through the academy, as if its some badge of honour.

He along with his pal Pogba will be indictive of our capitulation as a club.

gajender

A formal transfer request means the club don't have to pay the remaining contract to the player leaving. So it's quite simple, handing in a formal transfer request would have allowed the club to accept a lower bid. Nobody at United was desperate for him to stay, it's obvious to anyone who will see.
No club pays remainder of contract when player is sold only thing players might lose if they put in transfer request might be loyalty bonuses due to them .

Irwin99

:lol::lol:
Exactly. Ruud Van Nistelrooy didn't even get a send off. I think stuff like this adds to fan suspicions that some of our players over the last few years have acted like entitled crybabies. I mean the guy was trying to actively leave the club for 6 months (perfectly entitled to do btw) and is now apparently upset that he didn't get a goodbye :rolleyes:

Paddymcc

What's even funnier about all this nonsense is that he assumed the fans would have welcomed him onto the pitch.

marcus agrippa

Exactly. Ruud Van Nistelrooy didn't even get a send off. I think stuff like this adds to fan suspicions that some of our players over the last few years have acted like entitled crybabies. I mean the guy was trying to actively leave the club for 6 months (perfectly entitled to do btw) and is now apparently upset that he didn't get a goodbye :rolleyes:
Those were my thoughts exactly. And according to RR, he skipped training after Chelsea! To then expect to play is beyond me.

SAFMUTD

:lol::lol:
Exactly. For all I care Lingard can feck off, average overpaid player who ran out his contract now he wants to twist it as if he's entitled to something, no one will remember him and his 0.002% shit.