Jesse Lingard 'to leave on a free'

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The vitriol toward a local lad who always gave it his all and gave us a moment of ecstasy in a cup final is weird. He’s been lied to by the previous manager about how much he’ll play and he definitely could’ve contributed something given how shit Bruno has been for large parts. Hope he does well wherever he goes.
And if he doesnt do well elsewhere then its a proof that his attitude stinks. But we all know he will never take responsibility. He feels like he is special, deserves a send off, etc. Welbeck and Cleverley achieved much more than him and they didnt moan about a send off knowing they were in a downward trajectory. They accepted where they were while Lingard seems to be proud he is shit.

DevilRed

So crystal clear now the players that down tools at the slightest grievance.

How many excuses has this cnut lingard given us over the years? About being depressed and what the feck not.

Im so glad we are getting rid of them. Its truely a new beginning.

Irrational.

Glad Ralf has set the record straight.

What the feck was he hoping for? A testimonial? A few minutes at the end of the game so he could take his phone out and upload a selfie to Instagram?

What a manchild. The more we get rid of players with weak mentalities the better.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
The vitriol toward a local lad who always gave it his all and gave us a moment of ecstasy in a cup final is weird. He’s been lied to by the previous manager about how much he’ll play and he definitely could’ve contributed something given how shit Bruno has been for large parts. Hope he does well wherever he goes.
We signed Bruno to replace his shitness. No matter how bad Bruno is, I’d still take him over Lingard.

jackal&hyde

Class response. If it were me I would have also mentioned how poor Jesse has been for years, how it's disrespectful to the fans and the club to post pictures of yourself in another team's shirt and would have made a vague mention of the leaks to the media.

Glad we have RR for 2 years advising the club.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Back when I started following football that 'local lad' card was a sort of guarantee for club in question. It meant that the player in question was worth invested upon because he would be too grateful to bite the hand that made him and fed him for so many years. We had young Gary Neville claiming that he would rather retire from football then making it a club that was not Manchester United. For him it was either Manchester United or nothing. People like that was worth investing time and effort in them because if they do succeed then they would bleed on the pitch for at least a decade. That was what made academy players attractive.

At one point the goalposts had shifted and instead of owning us for investing in them we were expected to owe them. That really doesn't make sense. We invested time and money on Jesse Lingard. That was necessary to turn him into an EPL level player, an English international and a millionaire. Sure there are talent such as Baggio and Maradona who quite frankly could do it on their own. Jesse is certainly not one of them. So United aren't the ones owing anything in this case. We made Jesse, we were patient with him as he developed into the player he is now and we stuck to him despite losing himself with the Jlingz brand and his family problems. This is how he repaid us

jackal&hyde

Back when I started following football that 'local lad' card was a sort of guarantee for club in question. It meant that the player in question was worth invested upon because he would be too grateful to bite the hand that made him and fed him for so many years. We had young Gary Neville claiming that he would rather retire from football then making it a club that was not Manchester United. For him it was either Manchester United or nothing. People like that was worth investing time and effort in them because if they do succeed then they would bleed on the pitch for at least a decade. That was what made academy players attractive.

At one point the goalposts had shifted and instead of owning us for investing in them we were expected to owe them. That really doesn't make sense. We invested time and money on Jesse Lingard. That was necessary to turn him into an EPL level player, an English international and a millionaire. Sure there are talent such as Baggio and Maradona who quite frankly could do it on their own. Jesse is certainly not one of them. So United aren't the ones owing anything in this case. We made Jesse, we were patient with him as he developed into the player he is now and we stuck to him despite losing himself with the Jlingz brand and his family problems. This is how he repaid us
That's how I felt for a long time. Fairly sure now, it's all make believe. It's easy enough to say you bleed and this and the other when your career was at the most successful club. Were Neville to start at Everton, you think he would not have moved to United? Sure he would. We make to much of this players when it comes to loyalty. We have so many great legends because we were super successful, not because they were some sort of die hard loyal fans. There are exceptions of course.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He didn't give it his all, that's one of my biggest issues with him. There was a game against City were he was actively hiding and reducing passing lanes for his team mates, might have been in the League Cup, I've never been able to look past that. Same with McTominay. It's one thing being shit, it's another actively shirking responsibility.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Lingard's PR team are so desperate, they've started creating dupes on Redcafe.

Kaos

Gave it his all? After not getting his loan move to Newcastle, he immediately downed tools and asked for time off, where he fecked off to Dubai mid season because he didn't 'feel ready' for selection. And just today in Rangnick's recent press conference, he mentioned how Lingard didn't feature against Chelsea because he asked to be released from the squad. And I've not even gone into his other shenanigans like sharing photos of him in a West Ham kit while playing for us.

Park Ji-Sung, Darren Fletcher..heck even Dan James were all examples of players who gave it their all, even if some of them were limited players. Gary Neville was never an exceptionally gifted footballer yet made a very successful career of being United mainstay RB and even Captain through sheer work ethic and attitude. Lingard has been nothing but a cringelord who believed his own hype with an inflated sense of self-worth and ego, all without the ability nor work ethic to show for it.

m1tch

A shit Bruno can still score a goal. We know for certain a shit Jesse Lingard can go at least a year without a single goal, or an assist. The previous manager played him as often as most would deem reasonable on that basis. He can consider himself fortunate to have had more starts and minutes under Ralf but that's essentially just down to Martial, Greenwood unavailable since January, and Cavani injured most of the time. It's only cause he can run around a lot that he was ahead of Mata, who'd I'd have much preferred to see play his minutes.

devilish

That's how I felt for a long time. Fairly sure now, it's all make believe. It's easy enough to say you bleed and this and the other when your career was at the most successful club. Were Neville to start at Everton, you think he would not have moved to United? Sure he would. We make to much of this players when it comes to loyalty. We have so many great legends because we were super successful, not because they were some sort of die hard loyal fans. There are exceptions of course.
Gaz has a long history with Malta and we grew up with him, Phil and his father coming to visit the supporters club on a regular basis. In my opinion the answer is that he would have remained at the club simply because of the rather insular mentality the guy has. The guy knew little about football outside the EPL something that is quite obvious to everyone as he dabbled in punditry. Actually punditry had pushed him not to be so Manchester United biased which kind of explains why he might accept things (ex Lingard's leaks) that he wouldn't have tolerated back when he was a player.

My point is that we've got this local lad thing wrong. We invested money, time and took risks on these local talent so they could succeed, something that ended up turning them into celebrities and millionaires. They owe us not viceversa. That's something the likes of Gaz, Giggs, Scholes and Butt always acknowledged and believed in and which was somehow lost along the way.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
How good is Ralf in these interviews? Showing Lingard to be the cnut he is and showing him up properly. I don’t think Ralf has been a great coach but if he’d been in charge of all recruitment, outgoings, sales and contracts for the last 5-6 years imagine how much better organised things would be.

crossy1686

career ending
Let's just presume for a second that he had a valid 'personal' reason for missing the Chelsea game, and three total days of training, how fecking entitled have you got to be to think you deserve to play, any part, of a game when you simply haven't trained and others have? Then have your whole PR team drag the club and the current manager through the mud.

The sooner we just feck these players off the better. People asking why there's vitriol aimed at Lingard, here's why, he's tone deaf and thinks he get's a free ride on being a 'local lad' and his PR team are absolute morons. You'd think he was fecking Maradona the way his PR team have carried on this week.

Shit, how many 'local lad's' on here could go a year without a goal or an assist as a forward player for United? Would any of us still expect to still be at the club after that? Let alone not get any stick on social media.

Last edited:

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Let's just presume for a second that he had a valid 'personal' reason for missing the Chelsea game, and three total days of training, how fecking entitled how you got to be to think you deserve to play, any part, of a game when you simply haven't trained and others have? Then have your whole PR team drag the club and the current manager through the mud.

The sooner we just feck these players off the better. People asking why there's vitriol aimed at Lingard, here's why. You'd think he was fecking Maradona the way his PR team have carried on this week.
And the thing about Ole “lying” to him: Ole was rubbish and should have got rid of Lingard, but it was on Lingard to get himself in the team. Has he got shit for brains or something?

jackal&hyde

Gaz has a long history with Malta and we grew up with him, Phil and his father coming to visit the supporters club on a regular basis. In my opinion the answer is that he would have remained at the club simply because of the rather insular mentality the guy has. The guy knew little about football outside the EPL something that is quite obvious to everyone as he dabbled in punditry. Actually punditry had pushed him not to be so Manchester United biased which kind of explains why he might accept things (ex Lingard's leaks) that he wouldn't have tolerated back when he was a player.
You grew up with the Nevilles as in you are family friends or I'm probably reading it wrong?

My point was that if he were to be a Fulham product and United come calling he would have moved to United. As is normal. It's still the PL but it's easy enough to say you are a one man club when that club is almost the be all end all of English football.

As far as his punditry or values go... The man has a decade or more defending russian gangsters and dictators as long as money comes in to his little football bubble of a World. He is morally neutral IMO and has proved as much. No man that has genuine values defends such people. I could go on and on about how morally bankrupt the man is but this is not the thread for it nor do I think it matters anyway. Safe to say that based on what I've heard from him as a pundit, he would not have had any issues moving from whatever English club to Man Utd.

lawliet354

No wonder Lingard got along well with Moyes, both mediocre, arrogant and are so fecking entitled. They should have been released from the club way sooner

ashneel

I'm glad Ragnick will still be around OT.. He looks proper honest and clear when he talks. As for Lingard, he should have been sold way back. No disrespect to West Ham, but that's his level at the very best.

Trex

Lingard isn't worth me stressing over, I've done too much already by typing here.

crossy1686

career ending
And the thing about Ole “lying” to him: Ole was rubbish and should have got rid of Lingard, but it was on Lingard to get himself in the team. Has he got shit for brains or something?
Yes, he very much has. He's a tone deaf moron who thinks being a 'local lad' absolves you from being shit, he also uses the 'local lad' moniker as part of his brand because he and his team know he will always get support from some sections of United fans and they can continue to be self interested wankers.

BarstoolProphet

Since Mason Greenwood is a 'local lad' I think we should pay for his lawyers and a PR team to clear his name. That much do we owe him:wenger:

devilish

You grew up with the Nevilles as in you are family friends or I'm probably reading it wrong?

My point was that if he were to be a Fulham product and United come calling he would have moved to United. As is normal. It's still the PL but it's easy enough to say you are a one man club when that club is almost the be all end all of English football.

As far as his punditry or values go... The man has a decade or more defending russian gangsters and dictators as long as money comes in to his little football bubble of a World. He is morally neutral IMO and has proved as much. No man that has genuine values defends such people. I could go on and on about how morally bankrupt the man is but this is not the thread for it nor do I think it matters anyway. Safe to say that based on what I've heard from him as a pundit, he would not have had any issues moving from whatever English club to Man Utd.
I grew up seeing him and talking to him at the local supporters club 1-2 times a year. His father would visit us more frequently and shared pints with us as well. I also happen to know people who are very close friends to him. He was invited to their wedding and vice versa

Tbh Gaz as a pundit has become a different beast. He had to tbh. But there's no doubt that he had more loyalty to our cause in his left toe then all the current batch of academy players

jackal&hyde

I grew up seeing him and talking to him at the local supporters club 1-2 times a year. His father would visit us more frequently and shared pints with us as well. I also happen to know people who are very close friends to him. He was invited to their wedding and vice versa

Tbh Gaz as a pundit has become a different beast. He had to tbh. But there's no doubt that he had more loyalty to our cause in his left toe then all the current batch of academy players
That's very cool.

Agree with the last part. The new type of player is al about how much they can get. Is not just us though. One of Barcelona's most gifted in recent times left them after signing with the late "super agent".

Hailee

But you've no problem calling Ole a liar despite having no clue what was said in private between two other humans.

Although I do agree with Lingard getting too much stick. Can't knock his workrate when he's on the pitch. Always topped the charts for us in that regard.
You don't need to know what was said between their private conversations. Ole was very open about his stance on Lingard in several public interviews. We have video and written evidence. He clearly wanted Lingard to stay

And if he doesnt do well elsewhere then its a proof that his attitude stinks. But we all know he will never take responsibility. He feels like he is special, deserves a send off, etc. Welbeck and Cleverley achieved much more than him and they didnt moan about a send off knowing they were in a downward trajectory. They accepted where they were while Lingard seems to be proud he is shit.
The thing is he already did well in West Ham. So well that Moyes wanted to buy him, but Ole refused the sale.

Honestly though, this can't go far beyond the club's fault. If we really thought he was shit and a cancer, we should have gotten rid of him far earlier. But yet we somehow keep rejecting offers for him and keep telling him we want him to stay. Obviously the club valued him but somehow couldn't get the best out of him. It's hard for me to blame him for acting the cnut these last few months, I have acted like a cnut myself when I was treated poorly at work before I left the place.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
The fact the manager has to answer a question on team selection about a player who is leaving in a month anyway is ridiculous.

These players man, can't stand most of them, I hope to god we somehow hoodwink some clubs into taking them off our hands.

The bunch of spineless wankers.

greatscott9930

Supports
St. Louis City Soccer Club
Frustrating situation to say the least, and I'm someone who actually thought fairly highly of Lingard and feel that he should probably have been used more in some of our bleaker patches this season when nothing else was working.

That said, we are talking about a guy who went a year with almost no offensive production and then went on loan in what should have been his prime years. I mean, what other United stars/legends have gone on loan in their prime years?!

He's had some memorable moments for sure, but he'll be mostly a footnote in our history, and his recent behavior will mean he's remembered more for his lousy attitude than this football.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Excellent post, man

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Can't wait to see the last of this goblin. Him and rashford are the epitome of everything thats wrong with utd.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Sad the way cnuts on this site have turned on him, not the ones that were always against him, the others that have just gone along with the current narrative. I'm so close to just dropping this site...
:lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol:...................:lol:

jackal&hyde

Can't wait to see the last of this goblin. Him and rashford are the epitome of everything thats wrong with utd.
Rashford has proved himself over the last two seasons. Beans has been a bad influence imo and Marcus will be back next season.