Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
That wasn't underrating him btw, I like Jesse, it's just that this reminded me on his last loan. It was awfull prediction, mind you. :lol:
I wasn't being mean, yours was the first post I saw when I clicked on the thread, already knowing he'd scored four today. :)

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Sounds like his pre-season form has followed him to Birmingham, eh? Talk about putting down a marker.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It's more an example of how you have to be patient with youngsters if you think they have the technical attributes, but not the physical. I'd be surprised if many other Premiership clubs would have kept him on at 18.

Possibly because there would have be a ready made foreign import.

I wish clubs especially the big ones would start to look at their youth in a more positive way

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I wasn't being mean, yours was the first post I saw when I clicked on the thread, already knowing he'd scored four today. :)

Can't say anything even if you are, I am laughing to myself too, I am just covering my ass now. :D

I am really delighted for Jesse.

Ekeke

Is the loan window still open in a month? Maybe prem teams could wake up and sign him up on loan

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
He plays in a competitive position so it will be a struggle for him as we have Adnan and Kagawa who are similar players, and still have Young, Nani, Zaha, Valencia etc for the wings as well.
without doubt it's not going to be easy for him but I really believe I him and think he will become a squad player. I wouldn't.mind the likes of young moving on at the end of the season to make space for him.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
But its a 1 month loan, which means if the window is open and he gets a better offer from the premier league, he could take it
If he's settled there id keep him there. Better him to get regular football than go to a PL team midway through the season and not get the same chances.

Brightonian

Is the loan window still open in a month? Maybe prem teams could wake up and sign him up on loan
Loan spells are so touch-and-go and risky. By producing this performance, Lingard has ensured that he'll get a decent chance to make a go of his Birmingham loan. You want to abandon that surety and take the even greater risk of hoping that a PL team will play him? Loans have much more to do with getting a player consistent game time in a senior team than the status of the team they're playing for.

Plus you hardly encourage teams to seriously consider taking United kids on loan if the second they have a good game you start to look for alternative suitors. Lee Clark has so far dealt with Jesse's loan spell exactly how we always hope managers will - and they so rarely do these days - and it would be pretty disrespectful to pull him after a month just because we reckon we might be able to sneak him into a slightly better club.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Nope, PL teams can't sign anyone on loan now. We can extend his loan till December end and then send him to loan in Jan to a PL club if they inquire during this period. but unless it is a team which will suit his game and will give him game time, it won't be bad for letting him continue where he is. No point sending him to fecking Sunderland just because it is PL team. If Southampton or even West Brom comes calling, and can promise him regular games, then Moyes might think.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I must admit, I was a tad surprised that Moyes didn't give him a chance or two after pre-season. He was one of our best performing players on the tour.

Still, seems to have continued the good form.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I'd have said the same. I hate the idiots laughing at you.

Thanks, but tbf, looking it now, it's funny, no doubt about that, but that's what you get when making predictions, sometimes you fail, sometimes you guess right.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Surely highlights must have uploaded up by now?

Game wasnt live on tv anywhere according to the reliable liveonsat.com.

does sky news show the championship goals after 6pm? I think they do.

Brightonian

and drop who?
Exactly. A loan spell was obviously the right choice, and credit to Moyes (and whoever else was involved) for seemingly choosing the right one. I have to say I found Clark's comments before the match really encouraging, he obviously genuinely rated the lad and trusted United's very high opinion of him.

Rowem

gently, down the stream

How would Zaha, Nani, Januzaj, Welbeck, Kagawa etc get any game time if Moyes was giving matches to Lingard as well?

Our squad is simply too big. The loan move is better for everyone concerned.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
my word, what a debut! 4 goals, and taken off on 70mins!

Status
Not open for further replies.