Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Jesus christ some of the takes in this thread are so incredibly poor. Yeah lads, he's off partying in Dubai while Martial works hard on signing his signature. It's also all Rangnicks fault for not getting them sold earlier, despite very likely having feck all to do with that side of the club. So many gowls in this thread with no knowledge of the situation or the person, believing nothing stories from shit sources and twitter of all places.

Ye are gowls.

daba

Why should we subsidise his loan move to the richest organisation on the planet ??
This. We pay "Utd tax" on every single deal we make because we're one of the richest clubs in the world. My only thinking is that Newcastle want to avoid being in a similar situation paying 20% extra on every deal so want to set a president early on that they won't be taken the piss out of. I'm confident they will cave, similarly with Diego Carlos and Sevilla who they're trying to low ball as well, cave they shall...

arnie_ni

That makes zero sense, doesn't make sense that Solskjaer would say it and certainly doesn't make sense that Lingard would believe it if for some unfathomable reason Ole did say it.

If it looks like bullshit and it smells like bullshit.....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ma...n-united-transfers-jesse-lingard-21597631.amp

"Ole [Gunnar Solskjaer] made it clear to me quite early in the transfer window that he wanted to keep him.

"So I knew pretty early in the transfer window that he was staying at Manchester United. I had a private conversation with Ole who made it clear that he was staying."

It was ole decision not to sell him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That makes zero sense, doesn't make sense that Solskjaer would say it and certainly doesn't make sense that Lingard would believe it if for some unfathomable reason Ole did say it.

If it looks like bullshit and it smells like bullshit.....
Made zero sense for us to not let VDB go too and also not to let Jones and Bailly leave for free. But it happened…..

dinostar77

Anyone got access to The Athletic? Can someone summarise?

Jesse Lingard's proposed loan move to Newcastle is on the brink of collapse because the Magpies are unwilling to pay the loan fee Manchester United are demanding for the 29-year-old England forward. (Athletic - subscription required)

Corridor of Uncertainty

So we've rejected bids from Newcastle, Tottenham, West Ham and Everton.

I'm sorry, are we talking about a prime Keane or Ronaldo we're trying to cling onto here? Get fecking rid, we've already dropped the ball allowing him to run his contract down, minimise the financial damage and get shot of a player who has never been good enough anyway.

Why the feck are we quibbling over a couple million when he'll walk for free in a few months.

pascell

Still piss poorly run, Murtough and Fletcher are just as worse as the rest but hey, we knew this would happen by appointing more people learning on the job. We should've brought in people who have experience in the role.

dinostar77

Still piss poorly run, Murtough and Fletcher are just as worse as the rest but hey, we knew this would happen by appointing more people learning on the job. We should've brought in people who have experience in the role.
Financial side is woodward and his replacement from 1st feb. Murtough and fletcher dont have a say on stuff like fees. They can make their recommendations but its up to woody.

dinostar77

So we've rejected bids from Newcastle, Tottenham, West Ham and Everton.

I'm sorry, are we talking about a prime Keane or Ronaldo we're trying to cling onto here? Get fecking rid, we've already dropped the ball allowing him to run his contract down, minimise the financial damage and get shot of a player who has never been good enough anyway.

Why the feck are we quibbling over a couple million when he'll walk for free in a few months.
Exactly, this club is so badly run when it comes to out going transfers.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Murtough doesn't decide the sale price, does he?

And why are so many posters intent on throwing in Fletcher to the mix? Is it for banter? He's there to look at transition from academy/reserves to senior squad. What has he got to do with United setting the price that Lingard can go for?

pascell

Murtough doesn't decide the sale price, does he?

And why are so many posters intent on throwing in Fletcher to the mix? Is it for banter? He's there to look at transition from academy/reserves to senior squad. What has he got to do with United setting the price that Lingard can go for?
@dinostar77 cleared it up, Woodward is still behind this nonsense.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Well, we were resilient and stood strong and got a great deal out of Seville -- we can't have it both ways. If cave in early then the management will be accused of over-pay for players and then selling them too cheap. We reduced the price for Sancho by staying the course.

If it's only saving a couple of million quid, then at least it will show the rest of the league that United's no mugs now.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Hilarious article. If I saw Wiley I’d also probably chat to him and get a photo op or whatever completely forgetting his antisemitism.
incorrect. if you are in the public eye items in your interest to vet everyone you need. you are duty bound to ask them “are you a racist or similar?” that way you cover yourself. rashy is normally pretty switched on with stuff like that. he even posed it to the queen whilst he was getting his mbe. must have forgotten here whilst being led astray by lingard.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Feel like he can't have it both ways. If he wants to run his contract down, that's fine, but we don't have to let him go out on loan if we don't think we're getting enough money.

Smores

Feel like he can't have it both ways. If he wants to run his contract down, that's fine, but we don't have to let him go out on loan if we don't think we're getting enough money.
It's not a matter of what he wants, it's a question of how much is keeping him here till the summer worth.

If Newcastle are willing to pay 5 million plus his wages that's a huge cost to us for a bench warmer.

Zlatattack

Hilarious article. If I saw Wiley I’d also probably chat to him and get a photo op or whatever completely forgetting his antisemitism.
The papers just saw an opportunity to kick a black man. If they cared about anti semitism they'd not be calling for us to go to war with Ukraine, a country where the ruling govt includes a militant neo nazi organisation.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It's not a matter of what he wants, it's a question of how much is keeping him here till the summer worth.

If Newcastle are willing to pay 5 million plus his wages that's a huge cost to us for a bench warmer.
We don't know if they're willing to pay that though, all we know is they're not willing to pay what we want. That number is unknown to us at the moment.

Smores

We don't know if they're willing to pay that though, all we know is they're not willing to pay what we want. That number is unknown to us at the moment.
That's what is heavily reported from reliable journalists. Even if we don't wish to believe the media, there isn't a fee that wouldn't be acceptable is there?

It's all good playing this negotiation game but he has to be gone by close of the window otherwise we're paying his wages. It's not like it's retaining asset value he'll be gone in the summer.

youngrell

We've berated the club for years for selling players for peanuts, now we are moaning when they are holding out for good value. Off a state-backed club at that.

It's been long overdue that we upgrade and move Jesse on, but I am fully behind the club holding out for the correct value. It won't hurt us if he happens to stay here until the summer, we may even have to rely on him at some point, even if it's from the bench.

I could understand the outrage if his wages and/or position in the squad was blocking a new arrival, but that clearly doesn't seem to be the case.

Alemar

It won't hurt us if he happens to stay here until the summer, we may even have to rely on him at some point, even if it's from the bench.
Is it worth it to hold on to a non-motivated player at a high salary just to use him sparingly off the bench? It’s not, just use a hungry youngster whenever you thought about using Lingard

0le

We've berated the club for years for selling players for peanuts, now we are moaning when they are holding out for good value. Off a state-backed club at that.

It's been long overdue that we upgrade and move Jesse on, but I am fully behind the club holding out for the correct value. It won't hurt us if he happens to stay here until the summer, we may even have to rely on him at some point, even if it's from the bench.

I could understand the outrage if his wages and/or position in the squad was blocking a new arrival, but that clearly doesn't seem to be the case.
This makes no sense. Lingard will leave on a free in the summer. We may or may not get a loan fee, but it is a huge risk for the sake of a few million quid. We would already save some money if a club pays his full wages on a loan and that should be seen as a reasonable outcome. What the club are doing is greedy and is exactly the reason why we struggled to offload players such as Rojo and Pereira, whilst also allowing players to run down their contract. If anything, it shows the club has not really changed or learned, contrary to what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.