Jesse Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

United just fecking let him go, why are we being such cnuts and hoarding all these players with no intention to use them? We never use him even as a sub, same with Martial, same with Henderson, same with Van de Beek. Yet refuse to sell them at reasonable prices, refuse to let them go out on loan. We just come out looking like dickheads.
Because we have yankee clowns running things

L1nk

Might be one of the only United players i've come close to hating, genuinely cannot stand him as a player or his attitude, he honestly thinks he's a world class player when Newcastle is his level. Cannot wait to be shot of him, an absolute waste of space who's been stealing a living at this club for years

redpatron

I'm happy to see he fecked himself over. He should have left and taken the deal from west ham in the summer. No the guy wanted to come back play hero and get a fat pay day on the way out. He's probably realized sitting on the bench all season has killed his entire value and his chances to play in the World Cup.

C'est Moi Cantona

I'm sure Newcastle would take him on prermanent transfer now, but he wants a loan, and then be able to take his pick in the summer. Someone wants to have their cake and eat it me thinks, and then blame somebody else.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
You have to wonder why the club refused to sell him to West Ham in the summer when he was clearly not in our plans.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Might be one of the only United players i've come close to hating, genuinely cannot stand him as a player or his attitude, he honestly thinks he's a world class player when Newcastle is his level. Cannot wait to be shot of him, an absolute waste of space who's been stealing a living at this club for years
I really don’t get these types of opinions

Cassidy

I don't think Ole lied to him. He gave Jesse a couple of chances and he was shite.
Ole already gave him previous chances and he was shite so thats on Ole and the club. We should have sold him last summer and even before that

golden_blunder

Staff
I'm sure Newcastle would take him on prermanent transfer now, but he wants a loan, and then be able to take his pick in the summer. Someone wants to have their cake and eat it me thinks, and then blame somebody else.
You can blame someone else, blame United for not selling him in the summer. He’s rightly looking after himself

Cassidy

We also refused VDB a move in the summer and we had no intention to use him clearly

NewYorkRed

Jesse can f*ck off. Below average player, didn’t ever show enough to start here, has been a constant clown and now the noises coming out are disrupting the squad. I can guarantee he’s one of the biggest creators of unrest at the club right now.

He’s a clout chaser. Hope we bin him to newcastle and he gets relegated with them.

owlo

Would make a good tory MP. Delusional and an inflated opinion of himself.

Cassidy

They never offered a decent price iirc, they wanted to pay like 8-10m
Moyes I believe said United were not interested in selling. He also only had 12 months on his contract so we couldn't have been expecting a large fee. Circa 15m would have been good. So 10m would be a good place to negotiate from.

If he was such a dressing room cancer then we should have just sold him

mu4c_20le

Moyes I believe said United were not interested in selling. He also only had 12 months on his contract so we couldn't have been expecting a large fee. Circa 15m would have been good. So 10m would be a good place to negotiate from.

If he was such a dressing room cancer then we should have just sold him
I suppose we'll never know the real truth, which is probably somewhere in between. I remember following the saga during the summer because I was certain they'd pay 20-25 after such a good spell, and I think we would have sold had they come in with an offer like that, but would rather keep him around for depth than sell for peanuts.

Gandalf

Ole already gave him previous chances and he was shite so thats on Ole and the club. We should have sold him last summer and even before that
Ole wanted a large squad like any Manager so was bound to say he had a need for Jesse in case of injuries, COVID etc. Jesse is a plonker if he genuinely thought that after not being able to get a game the previous season his chances were going to improve after we had added Sancho, another player to compete in his area of the field. The West Ham situation is an odd one, yes we did supposedly tell Moyes we did not want to sell but then that is only part of negotiation and if they had wanted him that much they still could have pushed, the rumours still were that they were only interested in him for a knockdown price because they felt they had the leverage.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

Music to my ears.

Hopefully the club benches him for the remainder of the season. If he wants out, he should agree to newcastles purchase bid instead of insisting on a loan move.

Moriarty

The West Ham situation is an odd one, yes we did supposedly tell Moyes we did not want to sell but then that is only part of negotiation and if they had wanted him that much they still could have pushed, the rumours still were that they were only interested in him for a knockdown price because they felt they had the leverage.
The player himself could have pushed for a move to West Ham. He'd done well there and they wanted him and there's no doubt he'd get a lot more playing time under Moyes. Clubs are usually reluctant to hang on to an unhappy player and some sort of a deal could have been made.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes

L'equipe reports that Nice was interested in buying Lingard but they decided against it for financial reasons. Man Utd asked €2.5M to buy off the last 6 months on his contract and Lingard's 5M annual salary is too much for Nice.

golden_blunder

Staff
Yeah but that's hindsight, we didn't expect him to turn down the contract.
Again that’s the clubs fault. Did they think he’d sign another contract with no game time? He wants to play

not to mention that this keeps happening with United, rojo, Romero etc

C'est Moi Cantona

You can blame someone else, blame United for not selling him in the summer. He’s rightly looking after himself
Finacially he is, and that's fine, but he is complaining about playing time, and he surely knows by now he isn't getting it here, he can't have it both ways.

L1nk

Stupid from the club, he's gone for free in the matter of a few months, take any amount you can get ffs

L1nk

Why are we demanding amounts when we literally have no leverage whatsoever

Status
Not open for further replies.