Jimmy Carter receiving hospice care / Rosalynn passes

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You're not going to find any recent Presidents who gave so much back as Carter did. Its pretty amazing that he and his wife are still alive in their late 90s, which is fairly rare.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Not gonna lie, read that as Jimmy Carr.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
...and who's own presidency is so little and/or lowly thought of?
Did get the Camp David Accords signed leading to the 1979 peace treaty.

But that’s the only thing that comes to mind. Put solar panels on the White House, but Reagan ripped them out soon after moving in.

Jam

Lived a long, fulfilling, successful life and will die peacefully surrounded by family.

There’s not much more you can ask for.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
God speed Jimmy, one of the good ones I think!

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
:(

Truly sad sad news and but also a mind-blowing one for me. A 77 years long partnership. That's something words can't even begin to describe.

I've always had a soft spot for Carter and much, much less for his successor.

Get well soon, Mr. Carter.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
You're not going to find any recent Presidents who gave so much back as Carter did. Its pretty amazing that he and his wife are still alive in their late 90s, which is fairly rare.
Surprised he wasn’t put forward as a candidate at age 90

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Glad he was able to make it to the service...

Wasnt he put in Hospice before she was?

Poor guy looks like dead walking. Surely he will follow not soon after, especially if they admired each other so much and haven't known much else than being together. I'm sure many of us have seen it happen where the other person just kind of gives up mentally and the body follows shortly after leaving their partner.

Sara125

Awww good to see he was well enough to attend. I reckon his records as the longest lived US President and longest surviving former President will never be broken. Also, 77 years married is insane. Broken Heart Syndrome (a phenomenon whereby the second half of an elderly couple who have been together for decades dies within days or weeks of the first) usually happens with stuff like this.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Awww good to see he was well enough to attend. I reckon his records as the longest lived US President and longest surviving former President will never be broken. Also, 77 years married is insane. Broken Heart Syndrome (a phenomenon whereby the second half of an elderly couple who have been together for decades dies within days or weeks of the first) usually happens with stuff like this.
They were one of only a thousand married couples in the US who were together over 75 years when she passed.

I totally agree with your & @Redplane ‘s thoughts that he could very easily succumb to the broken heart syndrome in very short order.