Joao Felix / on loan to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
How do we have "plenty if options"?

The only quality #10 we have is Bruno
The only quality, senior left winger we have is Rashford
With Sancho uncertain, the only quality senior RW we have is Antony, and even he needs competition because he's been on a goal draught.

None of them can play every game coming at us, with the crazy schedule. And we have no depth. We need a forward that can play multiple positions.

We do have a #9, Martial. We are not bringing a 30year old from Besiktas to bench Martial. Ideally we need a player that can cover multiple positions in the front line. We can start thinking about a dedicated striker in the Summer, if we have money to address several positions.
You can't ignore Sancho, for all we know he could come back into the picture tomorrow and become our best player for the rest of the season, such is his potential. He's in a weird position right now, but you can't ignore him from the makeup of the squad. Objectively speaking, Rashford, Garnacho, Sancho and Antony is an excellent group of wingers to have, they just have to all be available (will happen soon) and get some confidence back (on Erik to instill). So we'll have 3 options for LW, 2 for RW (Sancho overlapping LW and RW), and then Weghorst will backup Martial. It's only when we do a full rotation that Elanga would have to come in now due to Van de Beeks injury, otherwise we have a pretty clear main and backup 11

Also as much as I'd love Felix... Realistically, the role that Ten Hag would give him and his potential level is pretty much the same as what Sancho could bring here. So I don't think we replace him for that money before he gets a proper chance at it (I don't think Ten Hag would want to give up on him either).

yamo123x

If you're bringing a player in it needs to be someone who can add something and start games, Wieghorst doesnt fit that bill like Felix, and given Donny's injury Felix gives more versatility.

Im fine with both, but might end up with no one.

With Arsenal in a title race, they might gamble and stump up cash for Felix and we will be left with eggon our faces yet again

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
We aren't really, it's just up top. It becomes a different/tougher issue to manage when you have a case like Sancho where he isn't available for whatever reason for now.

If he is, then we have Rashford/Garnacho for LW, Sancho/Antony for RW (and Sancho can play LW or #10 too), and then it's just Martial up top. Really you only ever just need 2 players per position, and by that logic, we are only short of a striker. Weghorst will come in and keep Rashford wide, so we'll have then 2 worthy players in each of the positions and not have to think about Elanga ever coming in really. I guess #10 with VdB injured, but 7 players for the front 4 positions isn't bad.
This season is a little unusual though which is why we need extra bodies. Our fixture list is crammed for the next 2 months. We're basically playing every 3/4 days for most weeks. An unfortunate injury or two during this period will really hurt us which is why you can't rely on just 2 players per position (which we don't have anyway). If we get an injury to Rashford we're fecked. This period is season defining.
CompetitionTieDateH/AOpponent
Premier League​
19​
03/01/23​
H​
Bournemouth​
FA Cup​
Third Round​
06/01/23​
H​
Everton​
EFL Cup​
Quarter-Finals​
10/01/23​
H​
Charlton​
Premier League​
20​
14/01/23​
H​
Man City​
Premier League​
7​
18/01/23​
A​
Crystal Palace​
Premier League​
21​
22/01/23​
A​
Arsenal​
*1* EFL Cup​
Semi-Final Leg 1​
tba​
tba​
tba​
FA Cup​
Fourth Round​
28/01/23​
H​
Reading​
*1* EFL Cup​
Semi-Final Leg2​
tba​
tba​
tba​
Premier League​
22​
04/02/23​
H​
Crystal Palace​
Premier League​
23​
12/02/23​
A​
Leeds​
Europa League​
intermediate stage​
16/02/23​
A​
Barcelona​
Premier League​
24​
19/02/23​
H​
Leicester​
Europa League​
intermediate stage​
23/02/23​
H​
Barcelona​
*2* Premier League​
25​
26/02/23​
H​
Brentford​

*1* EFL Semi-Finals date tba but will take place Jan. 24-26 (Leg 1), Jan. 31-Feb. 2 (Leg 2).
*2* Match against Brentford on the 26th Feb takes place on the same day as the EFL Cup Final.

croadyman

This season is a little unusual though which is why we need extra bodies. Our fixture list is crammed for the next 2 months. We're basically playing every 3/4 days for most weeks. An unfortunate injury or two during this period will really hurt us which is why you can't rely on just 2 players per position (which we don't have anyway). If we get an injury to Rashford we're fecked. This period is season defining.
CompetitionTieDateH/AOpponent
Premier League​
19​
03/01/23​
H​
Bournemouth​
FA Cup​
Third Round​
06/01/23​
H​
Everton​
EFL Cup​
Quarter-Finals​
10/01/23​
H​
Charlton​
Premier League​
20​
14/01/23​
H​
Man City​
Premier League​
7​
18/01/23​
A​
Crystal Palace​
Premier League​
21​
22/01/23​
A​
Arsenal​
*1* EFL Cup​
Semi-Final Leg 1​
tba​
tba​
tba​
FA Cup​
Fourth Round​
28/01/23​
H​
Reading​
*1* EFL Cup​
Semi-Final Leg2​
tba​
tba​
tba​
Premier League​
22​
04/02/23​
H​
Crystal Palace​
Premier League​
23​
12/02/23​
A​
Leeds​
Europa League​
intermediate stage​
16/02/23​
A​
Barcelona​
Premier League​
24​
19/02/23​
H​
Leicester​
Europa League​
intermediate stage​
23/02/23​
H​
Barcelona​
*2* Premier League​
25​
26/02/23​
H​
Brentford​

*1* EFL Semi-Finals date tba but will take place Jan. 24-26 (Leg 1), Jan. 31-Feb. 2 (Leg 2).
*2* Match against Brentford on the 26th Feb takes place on the same day as the EFL Cup Final.
Think the fact he started last night suggests someone is gonna have to offer up a serious loan fee for Atletico to let him go

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
You can't ignore Sancho, for all we know he could come back into the picture tomorrow and become our best player for the rest of the season, such is his potential. He's in a weird position right now, but you can't ignore him from the makeup of the squad. Objectively speaking, Rashford, Garnacho, Sancho and Antony is an excellent group of wingers to have, they just have to all be available (will happen soon) and get some confidence back (on Erik to instill). So we'll have 3 options for LW, 2 for RW (Sancho overlapping LW and RW), and then Weghorst will backup Martial. It's only when we do a full rotation that Elanga would have to come in now due to Van de Beeks injury, otherwise we have a pretty clear main and backup 11

Also as much as I'd love Felix... Realistically, the role that Ten Hag would give him and his potential level is pretty much the same as what Sancho could bring here. So I don't think we replace him for that money before he gets a proper chance at it (I don't think Ten Hag would want to give up on him either).
As far as I know, Felix is very comfortable playing #10 while Sancho is not at all. Having Felix and Bruno in the same team is quite powerful, because Bruno can and has payed on the wing as well.

Either way, I am not trying to pretend-play United manager here. We know Felix and Gakpo were EtHs top choices (until he was told there is no money), so just trying to interpret what is obvious logic of him targeting them.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

Chelsea are an absolute joke of a club right now. You can tell the owner is just watching everyone else and trying to get in on everything. Cretinous.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Chelsea are an absolute joke of a club right now. You can tell the owner is just watching everyone else and trying to get in on everything. Cretinous.
Chelsea are a fecking joke. Meme Club.

cyberman

You can always tell when a club doesn’t know what they’re doing with stunts like this. They aren’t even trying to negotiate nor are put off by ridiculous terms that literally every other club are turning their noses up at m.

redshaw

It's fair enough by Atletico, they put an offer out and see if anyone will bite, you have oil clubs and Boehly possibly tempted and lower it by the end of Jan or just keep him.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Would be a terrible move for Felix tbh. Their attack is really dysfunctional (13th in PL in both goals and xG) and he doesn't actually add the elements they lack (dynamic wingers and a genuine nine), he largely replicates the kinds of technical attacking midfield type players (Havertz, Mount, Ziyech) they already have.

IMO, his value will be higher staying at Atletico than having a bad loan. If he stays at Atletico you can always blame Simeone and project whatever you want onto him, but if he has a bad loan then people will just think he is overhyped.

Telsim

Atletico were probably counting on Chelsea. :lol:

croadyman

What’s that - 18m to have him available for around 19 PL games when they’re 10th. Out of both cups and he can’t play CL. Makes sense.
They just said exactly the same thing when Romano was on The United Stand but Boehly spends with reckless abandon

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Would be a terrible move for Felix tbh. Their attack is really dysfunctional (13th in PL in both goals and xG) and he doesn't actually add the elements they lack (dynamic wingers and a genuine nine), he largely replicates the kinds of technical attacking midfield type players (Havertz, Mount, Ziyech) they already have.

IMO, his value will be higher staying at Atletico than having a bad loan. If he stays at Atletico you can always blame Simeone and project whatever you want onto him, but if he has a bad loan then people will just think he is overhyped.
What’s that - 18m to have him available for around 19 PL games when they’re 10th. Out of both cups and he can’t play CL. Makes sense.
Agreed totally with both posts...unless the idea is to use this as the basis for a summer transfer....wait they are also adding Nkunku who plays in similar positions...yeah Boehly going to Boehly.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Chelsea robbing everyone’s targets. There owner thinks this is FM :lol:

Threesus

I need to see a havertz, Felix and ziyech front three. The foreplay session is going to be insane.

RyRoc

Would not surprise me at all if United and Arsenal walked away from this deal quite a long time ago .. .

mav_9me

Could not agree more. Spot on. This would be a terrible idea.

mav_9me

I doubt Chelsea involvement here. Even for them this sounds stupid.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Would not surprise me at all if United and Arsenal walked away from this deal quite a long time ago .. .
I don't think either would entertain at the numbers demanded. Just so unreasonable. Fortunately for teams like Atletico, there's always Chelsea.

Telsim

They just said exactly the same thing when Romano was on The United Stand but Boehly spends with reckless abandon
Seems to me Boehly is trying to get the obligation to invest an additional sum after the purchase out of the way as soon as possible for some reason. :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
You can always tell when a club doesn’t know what they’re doing with stunts like this. They aren’t even trying to negotiate nor are put off by ridiculous terms that literally every other club are turning their noses up at m.
I’d say this is very worrying for Chelsea fans

Not only is he the wrong type of player for them it’s more flip flopping between targets and a willingness to just burn through cash.

CallyRed

I think we should have got them Aboubaker. Should have persisted more, Boehly might have gone for him

Status
Not open for further replies.