Joao Felix | Signed for Atlético Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

FujiVice

No one goes to Barca (apart from Neymar), Real (may be Juve and Bayern) and buys their top player. I want us to be the same. That's all.
That's never going to happen. We're in Manchester. You're lucky to get a good summer here.

Cliche Guevara

They have?
I’d wager if those 2 were still around the PL title would have been Rom sooner
How would they have still been around if they’d never been signed in the first place, because Liverpool were worried they were only a stepping stone?

And what would Liverpool have done without the £200m they got for those players?

Pavl3n

This pathetic negativity sums up the mentality of our fans at the moment.
Don't be sour just because you don't like what I think/say.
All I want is good servants for the club. I'm tired of the drama around Pogba and De Gea.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
All I want is good servants for the club. I'm tired of the drama around Pogba and De Gea.
Not every footballer is a United fan. I wish our fans would stop being so sensitive because a player might want to go to Spain. If they end up in Spain, then so be it and all power to them, but let them swing through here for a good 3-4 years to benefit us before so. After that, they go to their "dream" club and we cash in, get the next rising star, and repeat until we get someone who actually considers United the dream club.

Loublaze

ATLien
Would rather give the minutes to Greenwood tbh. He looks just as talented as this guy. For 100m it would be silly unless we sell off Lukaku/Mata/Sanchez
Felix is a bigger talent clearly. If Greenwood is good enough he'll get more chances

beingshe7don

We would be a fool to not go after this guy. He's the real deal. I can see Real Madrid being all over this guy. He's got awareness, maturity, execution and an eye for a pass. Most of our forwards lack that magic in the final third. If there's any truth to us tracking him, we need to have him tied down. Him behind Rashford and Lukaku would create havoc in the final third. I would almost play Pogba in the withdrawn double pivot midfield with Pogba having more freedom to venture forward while our second CM plays a more defensive, cleanup role and protecting the defense. I don't care if we don't get Sancho but I can guarantee that this guy will be a superstar in the future. I see streaks of Kaka in him. Also, from a business perspective, he would have a massive resale value. I would have Greenwood play up top challenging Rashford and Lukaku for the forward spot with Martial.

beingshe7don

We would be a stepping stone for him before he moves to Barca or Real after one or two contract renewals.
Massive Resale value..... He plays for us for 5 years and goes to Real there after and we make a profit In the meanwhile, Greenwood will come good.

tieunhilang

Not every footballer is a United fan. I wish our fans would stop being so sensitive because a player might want to go to Spain. If they end up in Spain, then so be it and all power to them, but let them swing through here for a good 3-4 years to benefit us before so. After that, they go to their "dream" club and we cash in, get the next rising star, and repeat until we get someone who actually considers United the dream club.
Massive Resale value..... He plays for us for 5 years and goes to Real there after and we make a profit In the meanwhile, Greenwood will come good.
And that completes Manchester United's decline from a top European powerhouse to another selling club like Dortmund. Wow... :lol:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
And that completes Manchester United's decline from a top European powerhouse to another selling club like Dortmund. Wow... :lol:
Top European powerhouse... 1 goal at OT in the CL this season. Ashley young as our captain..Sanchez as our top earner... those days are gone. We need to build and it would be good if we had some more players that the likes of real and Barca are interested in because I currently only see pogba and ddg and we are winning nothing this year

Cloud7

No one goes to Barca (apart from Neymar), Real (may be Juve and Bayern) and buys their top player. I want us to be the same. That's all.
Real and Barca are in a category of their own atop the pyramid of teams that players want to play for. No team is ever going to breach that level, and there’s no point in hoping for it, as it’s never going to happen. Not for us, not for Juve, not for Bayern, not for City or PSG.

Edit: I understand where you’re coming from in terms of wanting players who want to be here, but the fact of the matter is that 99% of players will have their heads turned if one of these two clubs wants them. That’s just the nature of football.

beingshe7don

Not really.... It's called being practical. Most players from (Portugal, Spain and even France along with the Latin American contingent) will always be drawn towards the Spanish teams. That shouldn't deter us from buying players that may not remain with us till they retire. Who knows things maybe different with players like Joao. Anyways, it's not new for United to sell some of our prized assets... We did that with Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy, Mark Hughes, Beckham and so on.... So your statement of United's decline is a tad bit over the top.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Not really.... It's called being practical. Most players from (Portugal, Spain and even France along with the Latin American contingent) will always be drawn towards the Spanish teams. That shouldn't deter us from buying players that may not remain with us till they retire. Who knows things maybe different with players like Joao. Anyways, it's not new for United to sell some of our prized assets... We did that with Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy, Mark Hughes, Beckham and so on.... So your statement of United's decline is a tad bit over the top.
Not really. What moves the business is always the same. Money.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Right so let's not sign any good players and watch them go to our rivals like City and Liverpool as we barely scrape by for 4th place. Wow, you sure got me there. (green_smiley)

We've stopped being a powerhouse from England a while back, let alone fecking Europe. The state of your response...

deafepl

Stop with Real Madrid and Barcelona bullshit, it may be a dream for most South Americans due to cultural, but European, Asian, and African? Do you reckon the likes of Germans, Switzerland, Polish, Czech, Serbian, Scandinavian, Nordican, and Russia would be dying to join Real and Barca because of their names and prestige, think they'd be playing for free? They offered more money, one of the richest clubs in the world and have chances of winning trophies.

Better logic, imagine if Serie A team with likes of Milan being the one of rich in Europe, they'd be more attractive for Brazilian and Argentina than the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid because of how popular is Serie A compared to La Liga in their countries, their appeal to South American is bigger and greater than Real/Barca because of the history of how they were popular and had a lot of great South American playing for them and are very powerful financially in the 90s and 2000s. But the truth is Serie A like Milan can't compete with Real and Barca for financial anymore, not even many clubs can compete with Real and Barca for financial due to their monopoly on the TV market, even with.

PSG, City and us can compete with Real and Barca for financial but City and PSG don't feel so prestige as Real Madrid and Barca do. The only exception is that United have prestige status and one of the top 3 club brand in the world but we are not best and have been average for 5 years, If we get back to best and play better brand of football, Real Madrid and Barca wouldn't be attractive than us in most of Europe, Asia, North Americans, and Africa.

We need to get back at best or people would be thinking of moving to team where they could have chances of winning trophies but not because of their names.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Looks a player with real potential. Fits the profile we need as well - young, energetic, technical and with loads of room for development.

Hopefully his general play is also of a high level.

Jibbs

I would love to have this front 6 next season... also, I want Pogba gone.

Rashford/Martial................Pepe

................................Felix..................

..............Bruno......................Neves/Fred

...........................McTominay............

beingshe7don

I would love to have this front 6 next season... also, I want Pogba gone.

Rashford/Martial................Pepe

................................Felix..................

..............Bruno......................Neves/Fred

...........................McTominay............
I think Felix would get the better out of Rashford with his through passes and one touch play. I've been a fan of Pepe for a while now and I think he could have a Salah type effect for us. Bruno, Felix, Neves and Dalot.... mini Portugal contingent.

Welbeckham

I think out that younger than Mbappe -age group, he’s the one that looks like the most sure thing. He not only has a marvelous technical ability, but also seems to have a great football brain for such a young player. Would be an incredible signing for anyone who gets him.

redsunited

They are employees, just like we all are in our companies. All are not Manchester natives. Despite the location which cannot be changed, pay the best market rate and maintain the company reputation at the top of the industry by consistently winning trophies. Some will be content, some won't be. There is no good servant or bad servant.

jetlee

We would be a stepping stone for him before he moves to Barca or Real after one or two contract renewals.
People need to stop peddling this myth here.
The only player that left us for Real from a position of strength was Ronaldo. Who exactly did Barca sign from us?
Current players wanting to leave has a lot more to do with lack of trophies and that is understandable. Win more relevant trophies, maybe one big player in 10 years still jumps off but it can be handled.
Look at City for example: winning trophies and never heard a thing about the likes of Aguero, Silva, Silva wanting to leave them.
If they would be scraping for 4th 5-6 years running I guarantee You their best players would jump ship sooner than at United.
Felix looks an exceptional talent and if there is a possibility we should be in the running for him.

youngrell

If our top player was British they'd have close to zero chance. But it's no surprise when a top Spanish, Portuguese or South American wants to land there.

GM K

Why should we sell him to Madrid in 5 years? Have we fallen that low? :(:(

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Anyone who thinks we were once at the top of the food chain is seriously deluded. We were always vulnerable to unwanted attention of clubs. The difference is that once players would use SAF's obsession of control against us. Ince, Beckham, RVN, Ronaldo and Heinze all orchestrated their move elsewhere.

Actually on this regard alone we're a bigger fish now then we were during SAF's time. I mean can you imagine that players would choose us over oil rich clubs or Real during SAF's time? That's exactly what happened with Pogba, Sanchez and Fred

Jacob

He's silky as feck. Clearly knows his way with a ball unlike all our current players.

Dare I say, he's Messi-level in close control.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Felix is a bigger talent clearly. If Greenwood is good enough he'll get more chances
I just don't really see the need right now. Unless we sell Lukaku we have 2/3 strikers on the books already.

We need a RW and a RB much more than a fancy AMC. Unless Pogba goes this summer, but replacing him with a 18/19 year old is very risky.

tieunhilang

How talented is this Felix fellow? Is he on the same level as Sancho in terms of hype?

In Rainbows

Anyone who thinks we were once at the top of the food chain is seriously deluded. We were always vulnerable to unwanted attention of clubs. The difference is that once players would use SAF's obsession of control against us. Ince, Beckham, RVN, Ronaldo and Heinze all orchestrated their move elsewhere.

Actually on this regard alone we're a bigger fish now then we were during SAF's time. I mean can you imagine that players would choose us over oil rich clubs or Real during SAF's time? That's exactly what happened with Pogba, Sanchez and Fred
The only way to change that is by refusing to sell to those clubs.

Those clubs have a monopoly on being the club of choice because those clubs always get the best players. Then kids watching football see that those two clubs have the best players so in order to be like them, they want to go to those clubs.

It's a cycle that can only be stopped when clubs finally stop letting them have their way with all the top players. United need to retain their flashy players or rather their stars. Can't let the current kids think that only Barca and Madrid have a right to those players.

Thiagoal

Fergie wanted rid of all the players you mentioned apart from Ronaldo (Heinze wasn't happy he no longer was a regular) for who'm Madrid was his dream club!

arthurka

We have been selling our best to Real for years so nothing new there. The sad part is we havent had any players they want for years now bar DDG whom we have overpaid through the roof..

Status
Not open for further replies.