Joao Felix | Signed for Atlético Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lentwood

No chance we'll sign him - we'll talk about signing him, watch him 78 times, meet his agent 412 times, agree a fee, think about it, then decide his middle-toe on his left boot protrudes at the incorrect angle and watch as he goes to Liverpool (or similar) and score a hundred goals a season

Jacob

How talented is this Felix fellow? Is he on the same level as Sancho in terms of hype?
Based on my YouTube scouting, he's less hyped but clearly more naturally gifted. Seems to have incredible technique and awareness simultaenously, which is rare.

Ahsan_6386

I feel that our transfer plan is sign Sancho this coming transfer window and then go for Felix next summer . It's possible we are actively discussing this with Benefica right now of signing him this summer and loaning him back to Benefica or probably getting an agreement done now to sign him next summer . Felix might eventually become Pogba replacement .

EverReddy

No chance we'll sign him - we'll talk about signing him, watch him 78 times, meet his agent 412 times, agree a fee, think about it, then decide his middle-toe on his left boot protrudes at the incorrect angle and watch as he goes to Liverpool (or similar) and score a hundred goals a season
let's hope his head is not too big for his body

Drz

I feel that our transfer plan is sign Sancho this coming transfer window and then go for Felix next summer . It's possible we are actively discussing this with Benefica right now of signing him this summer and loaning him back to Benefica or probably getting an agreement done now to sign him next summer . Felix might eventually become Pogba replacement .
I actually feel the opposite. There is so much hype around J. Sancho. For some reason I feel Felix is more "gettable" if we are not in the C1 next year than Sancho.

deadrevelz

I actually feel the opposite. There is so much hype around J. Sancho. For some reason I feel Felix is more "gettable" if we are not in the C1 next year than Sancho.
Agreed. There seems to be solid rumours that we have contacted Benfica, while Dortmund are aggressively shutting down any talk of Sancho leaving this summer. Also talk of Benfica trying to raise buyout clause.

There is a good argument that both players would be best staying in their current leagues for another season before moving so wouldn't be surprised if neither leave. Maybe someone will buy Felix and loan him back to Benfica.

Ultimately I don't see us buying either unless we get lucky in the sense that we have clear gaps in our team and these players desperately want 1st team football in a competitive league.

Felix to me looks like the kind of player who never ends up going to United. Real bound surely. With Ronaldo and soon Bale gone, Benzema getting older, they will need forwards. And he is a massive fan of Ronaldo, so would see it as a huge honour to 'replace' him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Felix / Sancho are completely different players. Signing 1 or the other isn't the answer.

Felix won't play on the wing either, he's a 2nd striker/attacking midfielder in the Kagawa mold. Using him out wide will be a waste.

Bwuk

Felix / Sancho are completely different players. Signing 1 or the other isn't the answer.

Felix won't play on the wing either, he's a 2nd striker/attacking midfielder in the Kagawa mold. Using him out wide will be a waste.
Can’t say I’ve seen Felix play bar highlights, but if he’s a second striker and we buy him and play him wide it’s a waste of £.

For too long we’ve been putting square pegs in round holes.

Lentwood

let's hope his head is not too big for his body
Glad someone got the reference :)

I'm curious as to whether we measured ADMs head or Falcao's head or whether we just signed them because Woody had heard of them....because based on what I saw on the pitch their heads can't possibly have been the right shape/size

Ahsan_6386

That is possible too but Sancho is English plus more hyped and good for marketing as far as Woodward is concerned . Add to that he plays in a position which we actively need to buy for and even Solskjaer name checked him once and he will most probably come in Mata's place in the squad . Felix is a possibility only if Pogba is leaving considering Felix probably plays best in that position of playmaker behind 2 forwards . Keeping in mind his supposed transfer value he will be moved straight to the starting 11 . We will probably go for 2 attacking midfielders whenever Pogba is gone . From what I have been reading this season we will probably move for Bruno and Sancho for attacking options . Bruno is the stop gap I guess who will substitute for Pogba position in coming season and play more in coming seasons if he is a success while Felix comes in next summer as eventual Pogba replacement .

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
From what I've seen be interesting to see if he can turn into a number 9 in the Firmino mould. Anyone that watch him regularly think this is the position he'll end up in?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Fergie wanted rid of all the players you mentioned apart from Ronaldo (Heinze wasn't happy he no longer was a regular) for who'm Madrid was his dream club!
SAF didn't asked Beckham to become a prima donna, Ronaldo to liken himself to a slave or RVN to have massive meltdowns. They did it to orchestrate a move and they got what they wanted. Don't take me wrong, I agree with SAF's decisions at the time. There's no point keeping players who are ready to throw their own professionalism out of the window to push for a move. However if you think that those players acted like that out of pure co-incidence rather then to join the club they wanted then you're mistaken. Which leads us to what I said before. Even during SAF's time we weren't the top dogs at least in terms of transfers. They were always bigger fish out there who could whisper in our players ears and persuade them to do anything to engineer a move elsewhere.

And honestly I'd rather have a horde of players who have the talent to be wanted by top clubs then some donkey whose loyal to us because, well, the only clubs who would probably want them reside either in Sunderland or in China. You won't see Real or Barcelona want loyal servants like Fellaini or Young

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The only way to change that is by refusing to sell to those clubs.

Those clubs have a monopoly on being the club of choice because those clubs always get the best players. Then kids watching football see that those two clubs have the best players so in order to be like them, they want to go to those clubs.

It's a cycle that can only be stopped when clubs finally stop letting them have their way with all the top players. United need to retain their flashy players or rather their stars. Can't let the current kids think that only Barca and Madrid have a right to those players.
I disagree. There's no point keeping an unhappy player. He'll play badly, he'll destroy the mood at the club and he'll walk away on a free when his contract ends

What needs to be done is

a- we must provide attractive salaries (which tbf we're doing). Some say that players want to play for Real or they miss the sun, that's BS. Most players care only for the £££££
b- we must be ambitious. You'll be able to persuade players to join you for the right ££££ but when the spotlights start to fade then would want to see some medals in their cabinet. Especially since trophies are often tied to bonuses which means more £££££
c- The football side of the club need to be top notch. That would allow us to spot any unhappiness before things degenerate, tackle that from the root, if the player still insist on leaving then we would sell him for the best price available and bring the best available to replace him.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Don't be sour just because you don't like what I think/say.
All I want is good servants for the club. I'm tired of the drama around Pogba and De Gea.
It’s not really an opinion is it though? It’s your outlook, your prediction for the future and it’s painfully pessimistic. There’s just no point mate! It’s happened in the past and we’ve accepted it but United are not a stepping stone club.

Drz

That is possible too but Sancho is English plus more hyped and good for marketing as far as Woodward is concerned . Add to that he plays in a position which we actively need to buy for and even Solskjaer name checked him once and he will most probably come in Mata's place in the squad . Felix is a possibility only if Pogba is leaving considering Felix probably plays best in that position of playmaker behind 2 forwards . Keeping in mind his supposed transfer value he will be moved straight to the starting 11 . We will probably go for 2 attacking midfielders whenever Pogba is gone . From what I have been reading this season we will probably move for Bruno and Sancho for attacking options . Bruno is the stop gap I guess who will substitute for Pogba position in coming season and play more in coming seasons if he is a success while Felix comes in next summer as eventual Pogba replacement .
Should we wait to see if Pogba leaves to decide on Felix? I wouldn't be against buying now, our attack lacks quality technical players.
As many have pointed out, he isn't a natural right winger, so won't be bought for that spot. But he is versatile and technical enough to bring something to our attack across the front 3.
Assuming Sanchez and Lukaku are let go of this summer, I wouldn't mind bringing in Sancho and Felix in their stead.
Having Martial, Rashford, Sancho and Felix makes for good competition for 3 attacking positions (Chong and Greenwood also integrated to the squad as understudies, in case of injuries, lack of form). What we would lack is experience, but we currently have none anyways upfront.

It also gives us options in terms of formation/tactics. The 433 can be played with outright attacking wingers (Martial and Sancho either side of Rashford) or playing with a false nine if Rashford is injured/out of form, with Felix coming in, and Martial and Sancho playing a bit more narrow.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Looks good. Fits the profile of the players we need. Replace Lukaku/Mata and Sanchez with this kid.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Between Felix or Sancho who do we need more in this team. Felix could play in Lingard's false nine role as a creator with very strong awareness which our midfield and attack really lacks while Sancho would play on the right add some pace and create chances.

I think Felix would improve us creatively while Sancho would give us more options to attack with occupying the right hand side

EverReddy

I'm curious as to whether we measured ADMs head or Falcao's head or whether we just signed them because Woody had heard of them....because based on what I saw on the pitch their heads can't possibly have been the right shape/size
:lol:

joedirt87

Between Felix or Sancho who do we need more in this team. Felix could play in Lingard's false nine role as a creator with very strong awareness which our midfield and attack really lacks while Sancho would play on the right add some pace and create chances.

I think Felix would improve us creatively while Sancho would give us more options to attack with occupying the right hand side
both

Drainy

And that completes Manchester United's decline from a top European powerhouse to another selling club like Dortmund. Wow... :lol:
How did Liverpool turn around their decline?

You don't do it overnight. It's a process beginning with smart recruitment in emerging or undervalued talent and accepting that if you need to sell you get top dollar to reinvest.

Ahsan_6386

Should we wait to see if Pogba leaves to decide on Felix? I wouldn't be against buying now, our attack lacks quality technical players.
As many have pointed out, he isn't a natural right winger, so won't be bought for that spot. But he is versatile and technical enough to bring something to our attack across the front 3.
Assuming Sanchez and Lukaku are let go of this summer, I wouldn't mind bringing in Sancho and Felix in their stead.
Having Martial, Rashford, Sancho and Felix makes for good competition for 3 attacking positions (Chong and Greenwood also integrated to the squad as understudies, in case of injuries, lack of form). What we would lack is experience, but we currently have none anyways upfront.

It also gives us options in terms of formation/tactics. The 433 can be played with outright attacking wingers (Martial and Sancho either side of Rashford) or playing with a false nine if Rashford is injured/out of form, with Felix coming in, and Martial and Sancho playing a bit more narrow.
Pogba is leaving at some point which is more or less is a given considering his attitude and agent . He will go to either Real or Barca so let's not wait for him to decide instead we should get our house in order ourselves . Currently Bruno is the best option for us if we are looking for more goals from midfield . He is not elite talent but still a good substitute for Pogba in attacking midfielder position in the squad . I don't think we will let Pogba leave this summer but it's a possibility in next summer . Now signing Felix and immediately integrating him in the squad is a big risk since he will need atleast a season to bed in . I think the plan is to buy Bruno and get either Sancho or Felix this summer with Sancho more wanted . I do believe Solskjaer has planned out for both Felix and Sancho for the future with Pogba leaving at some point .

We have a very frustrating and in experienced attack and bringing in another youngster won't exactly help us right now . It's tough to say but we really need Lukaku to click and Solskjaer needs to work with him in the summer so as to find the perfect position for him instead of hoof ball . Mata will be leaving this summer and we are trying to get rid of Sanchez . That means Lukaku is the only senior pro left in the attack . Rashford and Martial have played a lot of matches but still they are very inconsistent . Going in the season with an attack of Sancho, Felix , Martial and Rashford will be a disaster . Chong and Greenwood need to go on loan this summer . They are not getting enough time in the squad and they need to be playing a lot .

Our squad is in total disarray right now with a lot of work needed . Our attack, midfield and defense all need a makeover . We need to get rid of a lot of dross and get quality in . I really hope we get a technical director soon tohelp Solskjaer and Woodward .

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

You referring to Isco?

Drz

Pogba is leaving at some point which is more or less is a given considering his attitude and agent . He will go to either Real or Barca so let's not wait for him to decide instead we should get our house in order ourselves . Currently Bruno is the best option for us if we are looking for more goals from midfield . He is not elite talent but still a good substitute for Pogba in attacking midfielder position in the squad . I don't think we will let Pogba leave this summer but it's a possibility in next summer . Now signing Felix and immediately integrating him in the squad is a big risk since he will need atleast a season to bed in . I think the plan is to buy Bruno and get either Sancho or Felix this summer with Sancho more wanted . I do believe Solskjaer has planned out for both Felix and Sancho for the future with Pogba leaving at some point .

We have a very frustrating and in experienced attack and bringing in another youngster won't exactly help us right now . It's tough to say but we really need Lukaku to click and Solskjaer needs to work with him in the summer so as to find the perfect position for him instead of hoof ball . Mata will be leaving this summer and we are trying to get rid of Sanchez . That means Lukaku is the only senior pro left in the attack . Rashford and Martial have played a lot of matches but still they are very inconsistent . Going in the season with an attack of Sancho, Felix , Martial and Rashford will be a disaster . Chong and Greenwood need to go on loan this summer . They are not getting enough time in the squad and they need to be playing a lot .

Our squad is in total disarray right now with a lot of work needed . Our attack, midfield and defense all need a makeover . We need to get rid of a lot of dross and get quality in . I really hope we get a technical director soon tohelp Solskjaer and Woodward .
I generally agree with the sentiment.
I guess where we differ, is that I don't consider an attacking line-up without Lukaku a disaster, if we're talking about an aging Lewandoski, Van Persie etc it is a different matter. I say that because whilst in terms of age and PL minutes he can be considered a pro, but technically I find him too deficient for his age; a club aspiring to compete or to start competing with the best can't be relying on him. I do like him though, if he is still here, he will have my support, but I don't think we would miss his "experience".

So to compromise, assuming the money is there, shall we just go for Felix, Sandro and Bruno? Allowing Pogba and Lukaku to do as they please, leave, stay, play or not?
If Bruno comes in do you think we would still need a central midfielder?
I am generally of the opinion that we can't right all that is wrong with our squad in one transfer window, and that team cohesion is something you develop over time. So going full muppet and just getting the 3 of Felix, Sandro and Bruno this summer is fine with me as long as Dalot starts at RB and Tuanzebe is integrated into the CB rotation. (The assumption being that we will be exciting but inconsistant, and that next window we'd go for a RB, CM and maybe DM).

JoaquinJoaquin

Would love us to sign him, he is everything that Lingard should be. Can't help but feel the queue for him will be huge now, especially after last night.

Lentwood

You referring to Isco?
Well yeah....there was the famous story about us not signing Isco because his head was too big for his body but I've also heard of other ridiculous reasons we've not gone for players like apparently Henderson doesn't run properly and Torres didn't turn with the ball quickly enough

I suppose it was a tongue-in-cheek barb at the way we appear to scrutinise certain players to ridiculously pedantic levels whilst at the same time signing a homeless Portuguese man for £7m, Maroune Fellaini (?) and Falcao, Mata, Schweinsteiger and ADM, seemingly just because we had 'heard of them'

GM K

I think people might base that theory on southern European players wanting to go back to sunnier climates, the Ronaldo link (portugese and the lure of Real) etc
Valid point but somehow, I have a feeling it's really about the overall allure of Real Madrid and Barcelona with their tendency to win trophies and offer decent pay, prominent.

stepic

get him and Sancho. throw in a new CM, CB and RB and there's our new famous 5.

----------------Lukaku/Rashford
Martial/Rashford-----Felix------------Sancho
----------------Pogba----Rice?/McTom
Shaw--------Lindelof----Koulibaly-----Wan Bissaka
-----------------------DDG

Loublaze

ATLien
I just don't really see the need right now. Unless we sell Lukaku we have 2/3 strikers on the books already.

We need a RW and a RB much more than a fancy AMC. Unless Pogba goes this summer, but replacing him with a 18/19 year old is very risky.
We should always be looking at top talents. United didn't have an immediate need for both Ronaldo and Rooney when we got them, our attack was just fine. I remember some thinking splashing a transfer record fee of 28M for an over hyped teenager as being careless and too risky, some even thought Mads Timm in the reserves was ready for the step up, and we also had the 'next Henry' David Bellion who ended up being a flop.

Once Rooney and Ronaldo made their debuts that was it, all the doubters were convinced. I don't know if Felix can bring that immediate impact or live up to the hype but the huge potential is clear to see. Its ok to have doubts but how will you unearth a gem if you don't take risks like these? Felix has massive potential and i'd hate to see a rival snatch him up and watch him fulfill his potential. If the club are really interested I hope we get him.

LawCharltonBest

Enjoys watching fox porn
You missed the month long “prepare a bid” stage

ghagua

Would love to see him at United, but I am not holding out much hope. Going to hear him signing for Real or Barca if they can dump Coutinho on someone.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We have been selling our best to Real for years so nothing new there. The sad part is we havent had any players they want for years now bar DDG whom we have overpaid through the roof..
Err, one player in Ronaldo.

Every other player they bought from us were players we were actively looking to get rid of. They were basically buying our cast-offs in the same way we did when we bought Di Maria from them.

Obviously DDG almost became the second, but that deal fell through.

DSG

Three goals and an assist in the quarters of Europa. Do you realize the hype if Felix was English?

He set up the penalty with a tasty pass, almost had another assist when he set up the striker with 1v1 breakaway.

I like the kid. He’s got loads of skill. It is a risk, just like Sancho is a risk. If you want to be the biggest club in the world, you’ve got to take risks.

Frankly, I’d rather bring in young talent to build a squad that will last us 5-6 seasons of perennial contention for the PL and CL. We’ve tried to bring in established stars and it hasn’t really worked out. DiMaria, Falcao, Zlatan, Pogba, Lukaku... The core of our team is the young players, those are the ones we are excited about: Dalot, Lindelof, Rashford, Martial.

DSG

I just don't really see the need right now. Unless we sell Lukaku we have 2/3 strikers on the books already.

We need a RW and a RB much more than a fancy AMC. Unless Pogba goes this summer, but replacing him with a 18/19 year old is very risky.
Said Real Madrid when they had a chance for Messi... We don’t need him! We didn’t “need” Ronaldo, but we took a chance.

arthurka

Err, one player in Ronaldo.

Every other player they bought from us were players we were actively looking to get rid of. They were basically buying our cast-offs in the same way we did when we bought Di Maria from them.

Obviously DDG almost became the second, but that deal fell through.
Ok then....

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If we're buying promising players let's aim high.

Martial
Rashford
Lingard
Felix
Sancho
Greenwood

Now that's a proper attack with huge potential.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If we're buying promising players let's aim high.

Martial
Rashford
Lingard
Felix
Sancho
Greenwood

Now that's a proper attack with huge potential.
Now our club transformation into Arsenal could be complete. Always going for youth, and top 4 as the target.

Status
Not open for further replies.