g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Joao Felix | Signed for Atlético Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

Agreed but one more season at Benfica wouldn't do him any harm at all.
I dont think he has much to learn there anymore. Debut season and already plays like he's been there forever. Like de ligt, it would accelerate his development if he played at a higher level sooner rather than later.

RooneyLegend

Sancho is a can’t miss prospect.

Felix looks like a worldie.

Wait until they’re in the category you’re talking about and they’ll be even more expensive or unattainable like De Jong and Mbappe.
De Jong wasn't all that expensive, neither was B Silva. Doubt Ndombele will cost a fortune either. Sancho on the other is being quoted at 9 figures. Felix seems to be somewhere near. Buying Sane for a fee more than double what City played for Sane sounds crazy to me.

The Nani

De Jong wasn't all that expensive, neither was B Silva. Doubt Ndombele will cost a fortune either. Sancho on the other is being quoted at 9 figures. Felix seems to be somewhere near. Buying Sane for a fee more than double what City played for Sane sounds crazy to me.
Barca had a free run at De Jong basically and still had to pay €75m plus add-ons. I would be shocked if Ndombele goes for much less.

And luckily for those plastic City bastards, they did all their business before the Neymar and Mbappe transfers turned the market on its head. We’re in a complete different climate now.

Adapt or die.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Look like a lot of people are pretty sure Felix is a generational talent or thereabouts.

Why though?
What's his thing, is it acceleration/pace? Exceptional finishing? Great movement? Crazy close control dribbling at speed? Is it his decision making? Is he a super creative assist machine?

Someone please help me see why we should be willing to pay big sums for this guy

Kaglish10

Look like a lot of people are pretty sure Felix is a generational talent or thereabouts.

Why though?
What's his thing, is it acceleration/pace? Exceptional finishing? Great movement? Crazy close control dribbling at speed? Is it his decision making? Is he a super creative assist machine?

Someone please help me see why we should be willing to pay big sums for this guy
A striker who's got more in his arsenal. He's a false 9 striker. He's got the imposing presence, the movement, two footedness, quality linkup play, vision, holdup play and good finishing. Also, he's an aerial threat.

He will be an improvement over the one footed headless chicken Rashford in the striker role. He doesn't have Rashford pace though. Looks more like a young Zlatan to me.

RooneyLegend

Barca had a free run at De Jong basically and still had to pay €75m plus add-ons. I would be shocked if Ndombele goes for much less.

And luckily for those plastic City bastards, they did all their business before the Neymar and Mbappe transfers turned the market on its head. We’re in a complete different climate now.

Adapt or die.
There's a huge difference between 65 million quid and 100+ which is being discussed in the potential Sancho deal.

davidmichael

If I was given the option of spending £350 million on signing Felix, Sancho, De Ligt, Wan-Bissaka and Rice then I’d be all over it without a second thought as those 5 players are exactly the type of players we need to be targeting.

We always went after the best young talent and nurtured them into becoming great players, we were never a galatico signing type of team. It was never about the price as if they were good enough potentially then they were old enough and they had desire and drive which saw us become dominant domestically over a very long period of time.

RooneyLegend

Apples to oranges. Attackers normally cost more than midfielders. That’s just how it is.

Who cares. Sign him up. Felix too.
My point is De Jong is a low risk signing, Felix and Sancho on the other hand are high risk.

Suv666

Judging by the rave reviews on here, he sounds too good for us.

In Rainbows

It's the price for the talent. They aren't stars yet. Just highly talented youngsters. Signings like them carry huge risk. We are still not sure where we are going to end up with Martial. Felix didn't set the world alight in the Europa, neither did Sancho in the CL.

My point is if we're going to spend the ludicrous figures that are being mentioned on here we better be getting a De Ligt, De Jong, Mbappe type of player. Players who go up against the beat of Europe and produce the goods not players who get outperformed by Reus fresh from injury in big games.
De Jong is about as proven as Felix and Sancho. There is risk with him as well. Are you one of those who think United cannot get star players due to recent history? If that's so, the next best thing is to get those with obvious talent. Waiting until they do it again could mean United do not get that player with other big clubs after them.

These types have typically been our best buys in recent history. The middling in their prime players have been our downfall in the market.

Why though?

What I like about Felix is that he thinks of solutions on the fly. It shows he has a sharp instinct. Then I also see that he tries a lot of things and manages to pull them off. Could be a lofted ball, a volley, a through ball, etc... Combine that with his level of technique and his talent is very obvious.

He needs to get a little stronger (comes with age) and his decision making needs to improve, but that's the case with almost every kid. That's what separated Mbappe from every other kid. Putting every kid on his standard is unfair.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
A striker who's got more in his arsenal. He's a false 9 striker. He's got the imposing presence, the movement, two footedness, quality linkup play, vision, holdup play and good finishing. Also, he's an aerial threat.

He will be an improvement over the one footed headless chicken Rashford in the striker role. He doesn't have Rashford pace though. Looks more like a young Zlatan to me.
What I like about Felix is that he thinks of solutions on the fly. It shows he has a sharp instinct. Then I also see that he tries a lot of things and manages to pull them off. Could be a lofted ball, a volley, a through ball, etc... Combine that with his level of technique and his talent is very obvious.

He needs to get a little stronger (comes with age) and his decision making needs to improve, but that's the case with almost every kid. That's what separated Mbappe from every other kid. Putting every kid on his standard is unfair.
Cheers guys.

Sounds like a beast in the making. If that's the case, hope we get him. And hope we give him the conditions to thrive. As a lot of formations we've used lately, do not accommodate a support striker.

Fer

Felix is a great talent but I'm afraid that he could end up at City.

mad1max954

Just watched his YouTube compilation and I have to say He looks outstanding.

Anyone actually seen him irl?

Hopefully we are all over him

Woeisme

Benfica setting the price at £150 million :houllier:
Vast majority thought £100 was excessive, what about now?
I think this will be the trend for the summer. Every player that you have considered and associated a price with needs to be reassessed

Felix £100 = £150
AWB £40 = £65
Rice £50 = £70
Fernandes £55 =£80
Ndombele £60 =£90
Koudibaly £85 = £150

etc

Utd Tax
:(

yamo123x

This is time of year when Portugese newspapers Like O Jogo link us with the same players aggressively every day. We all remember Garay and the winger Gaitan being linked continuously, it is now Bruno Fernandes and Joao Felix. The figures being banded about are ludicrous.....Not sure what to believe anymore... silly season is upon us.

Kaglish10

I hope it's both Felix and Ferro we're trying to swoop for that amount and even at that, it's still too expensive.

ash_86

He's look the whole thing. The technique is just ridiculously good.

Acole9

Outstanding
If this guy is the 'Next Ronaldo' He's not going to want to come here.

Red Daz

He really reminds me of Pablo Aimar, we should go all out for this guy, would really excite the crowd

M Utd

I think this will be the trend for the summer. Every player that you have considered and associated a price with needs to be reassessed

Felix £100 = £150
AWB £40 = £65
Rice £50 = £70
Fernandes £55 =£80
Ndombele £60 =£90
Koudibaly £85 = £150

etc

Utd Tax
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere he has a buy out clause of around 105m.
If we are keen we might be looking at getting him for a lower fee or could be trying convince him to come. I expect were not the only ones who are keen.

redshaw

Would be an incredible signing. Like someone said, he has a bit of RVN about him but super agile. His headers and side foot power shots remind me so much of RVN.

He's that good though, we really need a top right back, someone ace on the right and Rashford/Martial to improve and be always on the move and open for a pass. Ole will have to put them through some training. Felix makes them look like zombies.

I'd go up to 120m for this guy on a 5+1 deal.

Last edited:

luke511

If there's a slight chance we need to go all in, if we sign him that'll send out a message to other targets we want to sign that we mean business this summer.

Last edited:

luke511

Martial Felix Sancho

Pogba Ndombele
McTominay

Shaw Lindelof Smalling Wan Bissaka
Could we afford Felix, Sancho, Ndombele and Bissaka in one summer?

Devil may care

Martial Felix Sancho

Pogba Ndombele
McTominay

Shaw Lindelof Smalling Wan Bissaka
Could we afford Felix, Sancho, Ndombele and Bissaka in one summer?
You're kidding yourself if you think "Rashy" wont be starting every week, so remove Sancho and get a proper DM and CB added to that side above.

El Zoido

Felix £100 = £150
AWB £40 = £65
Rice £50 = £70
Fernandes £55 =£80
Ndombele £60 =£90
Koudibaly £85 = £150

etc

Utd Tax
But really, why do we pay more? There are clubs with more money than us that do just fine. I suppose with us being unable to offer trophies anymore may come in to it, or maybe we just don’t know how to grease the right wheels like clubs like City do. It’s extremely frustrating.

Kearnkoff69

But really, why do we pay more? There are clubs with more money than us that do just fine. I suppose with us being unable to offer trophies anymore may come in to it, or maybe we just don’t know how to grease the right wheels like clubs like City do. It’s extremely frustrating.
I think we're just bad negotiators. Although Liverpool had Klopp to sell transfers on their project (I will concede that this could be a big selling point for some players), it is not like they were tearing up trees until the last couple of years. Yet they recruited very smartly and, VVD aside, pretty cheaply, while building their current squad. We need to do a better job of negotiating with teams and by selling players on United's project beyond "we will pay you boat loads of cash."

rooney1905

I think we're just bad negotiators. Although Liverpool had Klopp to sell transfers on their project (I will concede that this could be a big selling point for some players), it is not like they were tearing up trees until the last couple of years. Yet they recruited very smartly and, VVD aside, pretty cheaply, while building their current squad. We need to do a better job of negotiating with teams and by selling players on United's project beyond "we will pay you boat loads of cash."
But what do we realistically offer though. We are club with seemingly no direction. A coach who may or may not be here depending on how the first 10 games go. And some of our best players are potentially leaving. It would be one thing if we were on the up. We aren’t. We have a massive build and with an unproven coach, a Hollywood CEO, and Europa league I think it makes for hard sell if we take out the boatloads of money angle.

Kearnkoff69

But what do we realistically offer though. We are club with seemingly no direction. A coach who may or may not be here depending on how the first 10 games go. And some of our best players are potentially leaving. It would be one thing if we were on the up. We aren’t. We have a massive build and with an unproven coach, a Hollywood CEO, and Europa league I think it makes for hard sell if we take out the boatloads of money angle.
I don't disagree at all. But those things (uncertainty around the coach, bad in the transfer market, shoddy organizational culture and direction) can be fixed - it is just a matter of whether they will be fixed. If we make changes from the top down, we eventually will have a vision to present to players.

Status
Not open for further replies.