Joao Felix

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
It shows that you're no expert. That was the most clumsy atempt at explaining a financial transition I've hever read. Benfica got a 127,2M offer for Felix, 120M for the release clause, 6M for the interest of the financial operation and 1,2M for Porto for uefa's solidarity payment. So we got 120M for Felix less 10% that is Mende's fee. 108 in total. As for Vinicius he actually scored 16 goals last season, 14 for Rio Ave and 2 at Monaco.
This is also wrong.

In the official statement Benfica only received 30M upfront from Atletico with the other being payed in "installments". Now anyone who knows how Mendes operates and Benfica for years would know how the rest would be payed unless you just choose to be oblivious about it.

Benfica will now begin to be part of a lot of different money transactions. and money and players will be changing hands a lot. Vinicius for 17M and then the Serbian kid to Atletico are only a part of it. It wont all happen in this window either. You guys also signed a player from Serie C who is 20 and scored 1 goal in 10 games last season I wonder why.

This is not "attacking" Benfica either but rather how Benfica and Mendes have operated together for years. There are constant examples off it too look back at .

As for Felix I hope he does well because he is a real talent and I can see hm reaching Bernardo Silva level in the future.

Benfica will not and were never going to get 120M flat for Felix. Only the most oblivious would believe that.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
This is also wrong.

In the official statement Benfica only received 30M upfront from Atletico with the other being payed in "installments". Now anyone who knows how Mendes operates and Benfica for years would know how the rest would be payed unless you just choose to be oblivious about it.

Benfica will now begin to be part of a lot of different money transactions. and money and players will be changing hands a lot. Vinicius for 17M and then the Serbian kid to Atletico are only a part of it. It wont all happen in this window either. You guys also signed a player from Serie C who is 20 and scored 1 goal in 10 games last season I wonder why.

This is not "attacking" Benfica either but rather how Benfica and Mendes have operated together for years. There are constant examples off it too look back at .

As for Felix I hope he does well because he is a real talent and I can see hm reaching Bernardo Silva level in the future.

Benfica will not and were never going to get 120M flat for Felix. Only the most oblivious would believe that.
Mendes for dummies...

bijitaq

Supports
S. L. Benfica
This is also wrong.

https://web3.cmvm.pt/sdi/emitentes/docs/FR72683.pdf

Nowhere does it says that. You're just making stuff up. Unless you're claiming that both Benfica and Atletico are lying which would be ilegal by the way.

Benfica got 120M minus 12M for Mendes. Thats's the fact. Everything else are conspiracy theories.

SportingCP96

Supports

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
https://web3.cmvm.pt/sdi/emitentes/docs/FR72683.pdf

Nowhere does it says that. You're just making stuff up. Unless you're claiming that both Benfica and Atletico are lying which would be ilegal by the way.
Look we already know that you don’t agree. Move on with the subject and respect different opinions. If you want to listen to what you like maybe Ser Benfiquista is the place to go.

SportingCP96

Supports
Mendes for dummies...

It’s incredible how Benfica fans swear they do everything by the book when they have been involved in so many sketchy transactions.

bijitaq

Supports
S. L. Benfica
Look we already know that you don’t agree. Move on with the subject and respect different opinions. If you want to listen to what you like maybe Ser Benfiquista is the place to go.
It's not a matter of opinion. You have the right to your uninformed and biased opinions and I have a right to call them out.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It’s incredible how Benfica fans swear they do everything by the book when they have been involved in so many sketchy transactions.
I have an advice here. Let’s keep this topic to discuss the player, financial operations involving the clubs should be moved to the Portuguese thread. Not your fault I know.

SportingCP96

Supports
It's not a matter of opinion. You have the right to your uninformed and biased opinions and I have a right to call them out.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It’s scary because you guys actually think that

Always thinking everyone is out to get you. Almost like thinking you guys don’t get help from the men in Black or that Mendes and Benfica work together like two angels.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Discuss that on the Portuguese football topic on another day. Learn to listen and everything will be ok.

SportingCP96

Supports
I have an advice here. Let’s keep this topic to discuss the player, financial operations involving the clubs should be moved to the Portuguese thread. Not your fault I know.
The player is quite a talent I hate to admit:wenger::eek:

bijitaq

Supports
S. L. Benfica
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It’s scary because you guys actually think that

Always thinking everyone is out to get you. Almost like thinking you guys don’t get help from the men in Black or that Mendes and Benfica work together like two angels.
Oh look laughing emojis and deflection. The usual when you guys get called out with facts on your baseless assertions. It's ok buddy you feel that Felix shouldn't have been sold for 120M so of course he wasn't your feels are the most important thing in the world. Cherish them.

SteveW

He's going to be a stunning footballer. It might end up looking like a bargain

SportingCP96

Supports
Oh look laughing emojis and deflection. The usual when you guys get called out with facts on your baseless assertions. It's ok buddy you feel that Felix shouldn't have been sold for 120M so of course he wasn't your feels are the most important thing in the world. Cherish them.
So answer this and I this will decide if I am talking to a knowledgeable person.

Do you honestly in your heart and mind believe Benfica received 120M period for Felix?

If you do then I truly have nothing else to say I knew your fan base was shocking but even this one is over the top.

adamwest

Was causing absolute carnage last night against Real’s defence. Ghosting all over the place. Looks class but that entire Atletico team are awesome. No matter how hard a pass gets pinged to someone they always control it. Alien manoeuvres for our lot

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Was causing absolute carnage last night against Real’s defence. Ghosting all over the place. Looks class but that entire Atletico team are awesome. No matter how hard a pass gets pinged to someone they always control it. Alien manoeuvres for our lot
Well..it helps having technically sound players like Felix, Koke, Saul and Costa. :D

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
@bijitaq Seriously I quote you on another day in the other topic. You’re entitled to your opinion and I can have other one. Simple.

jem

Exactly - I came here to get some insight about his performance(s) for Atletico and instead find a deluge of boring financial mumbo-jumbo. Hardly exclusive to this thread, mind you.

jesperjaap

Of course the fee looks crazy at the moment, even in todays market, for his little experience it is above the normal but look at Rio and Rooney, both £30m odd and I would say that is probably £70-90m odd nowadays transfer wise. When you consider that, Felix could look a bargain in 2/3 years, not to mention the sell on value. I mean Rooney/Rio fees look liek bargains after a couple of years, where as average fees such as Schnederlin certainly dont if they are awful.

It is of course a huge gamble, but if the scouts and club have that much belief in him, good on them for taking that gamble and lets face it, they have got it right a hell of a lot with attcking players they have signed the last decade. I think he looks like he good be a great player and would have loved him here

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Exactly - I came here to get some insight about his performance(s) for Atletico and instead find a deluge of boring financial mumbo-jumbo. Hardly exclusive to this thread, mind you.
When it involves club football everybody forgets that. Anyway today fans and media discuss more the fees than the players.

bijitaq

Supports
S. L. Benfica
So answer this and I this will decide if I am talking to a knowledgeable person.

Do you honestly in your heart and mind believe Benfica received 120M period for Felix?

If you do then I truly have nothing else to say I knew your fan base was shocking but even this one is over the top.
Yes, I believe what Atletico and Benfica reported and I believe the official announcement that was sent to the Lisbon stock exchange. If you don't that's your problem. Now lets move on because people are already complaining and I don't want to be a nuisance and I wasn't the one who brought up the topic in the first place.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Great, great talent. Portugal is assembling quite a squad, aren't they?

Bernardo Silva
Bruno Fernandes
Joao Felix
Guedes
Raphael Gurreiro
Diogo Jota

And then there's a certain Cristiano Ronaldo of course who'll probably be still be banging them in on professional level halfway through his 50s.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

Bernardo Silva
Bruno Fernandes
Joao Felix
Guedes
Raphael Gurreiro
Diogo Jota

And then there's a certain Cristiano Ronaldo of course who'll probably be still be banging them in on professional level halfway through his 50s.
For the type of football you like I doubt if you watch a few games you would like Guedes. Not very intelligent player imo. As controversial as it is everything surrounding the Jorge Mendes World Tour, this one even on a Simeone team can fly. Let’s see what happens.

bijitaq

Supports
S. L. Benfica

Bernardo Silva
Bruno Fernandes
Joao Felix
Guedes
Raphael Gurreiro
Diogo Jota

Porto also has a youngster named Fabio Silva that just turned seventeen a few days ago that seems like a really great prospect. He's also a striker that's traditionaly a weak spot on Portugal's youth development. So yes, things seem to be looking up for "the post-Ronaldo era" whenever that comes.

In Rainbows

Was obvious how talented he is. Some people are just incapable of seeing past certain things like physicality, even though he's only a teenager.
A lot of the people rallying against Felix were fans from Portugal who kept citing things like the Benfica media machine.

SportingCP96

Supports
A lot of the people rallying against Felix were fans from Portugal who kept citing things like the Benfica media machine.
I think most people just said he was not worth "120M" (which he's not).

His quality (to me personally) was never in doubt. He was smart going to Spain and not England.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Another talented player missed out on by our idiot scouts.
The feck you on about you muppet. Who the feck apart from Athletico, is stupid enough to make a 113 million pound punt on a 19 year old.

Its fecking stupid money and if Athletico are stupid enough to pay the fee, all too them. They'd better make sure he full fills his talent.

No 19 year old is worth that money and dumb fecks like Barcelona and Athletico are just making a rod for their own back with the stupidity of paying what they do for youngsters.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Another talented player missed out on by our idiot scouts.
Rather get Sancho than Felix. No guarantee of that happening but if we pull that one off next summer then not bothered about us ignoring other young attackers

mav_9me

Rather get Sancho than Felix. No guarantee of that happening but if we pull that one off next summer then not bothered about us ignoring other young attackers
Agree about Sancho but oh man couple of his skills here are amazing.

Fer

The feck you on about you muppet. Who the feck apart from Athletico, is stupid enough to make a 113 million pound punt on a 19 year old.

Its fecking stupid money and if Athletico are stupid enough to pay the fee, all too them. They'd better make sure he full fills his talent.

No 19 year old is worth that money and dumb fecks like Barcelona and Athletico are just making a rod for their own back with the stupidity of paying what they do for youngsters.
If Sancho is available for the same amount of money. Would you prefer to sign someone cheaper? Or pay the money to sign him even he is 19 years old?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
If Sancho is available for the same amount of money. Would you prefer to sign someone cheaper? Or pay the money to sign him even he is 19 years old?
Not on your fecking life and apparently United feel the same way too as they haven't gone for him this summer.

Sancho is worth at most 60 million squid, but those feckwits at barcelona, psg and atheltico have inflated the market so high in regards to youngsters that there's now no point investing in players like Sancho and Joao until they have established themselves.

Untd55

Generational talent costs big money. It’s not hard to understand.
Have you not seen what happened with Dembele at Barcelona? I am supposing he is another generational talent, considering he cost £100m for one season as well. Evidently not, judging by his displays at Barcelona so far.

Would you pay that money for Sancho?
No, not just based on last season. If he did it again this season, there is more reason to spend that money on him. How many times have we seen players who have had one excellent season after which they never reach that level again? An absolute massive risk.

I think people on here are getting carried away with players' value now, inflating them even beyond what they are worth in the footballing world. It is an enormous risk to spend £100m on a player based on one season.

Shark

@NotShark
:lol: Yeah, i'm surprised they didn't recommend a 120 million euro player. Idiots.
I'm talking about identifying them before they reach an insane fee. We never seem to be on the ball with anyone, Martial is the only one that comes to mind in recent times.