Joao Felix

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Multiple users (Porto and Sporting fans) over here stating that he was a product of Benfica's propaganda... How couldn't you doubt? :wenger:
And the caf joined in soon after... he looks a great talent so far...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Not his fault you weren't interested
We were, just not enough to pay the €120m buyout clause. Just like we were interested in Mbappé, but not enough to pay him €12m a year and giving him a starting spot and selling Bale...

Ffs Flo needs to retire :(

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We were, just not enough to pay the €120m buyout clause. Just like we were interested in Mbappé, but not enough to pay him €12m a year and giving him a starting spot and selling Bale...

Ffs Flo needs to retire :(
I hear there is kickass chap named Woodward up in Manchester as a possible replacement

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Multiple users (Porto and Sporting fans) over here stating that he was a product of Benfica's propaganda... How couldn't you doubt? :wenger:
Sorry but you’re lying here. Just look at my posts or @SportingCP96 regarding him. Actually I think it was him who opened this thread. Even better we both said here despite the propaganda that was around him he was a talent, unlike Renato Sanches. If other posters said different things I apologise.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I told you guys. Only haters could deny this kid's talent. Rui Costa, Bernardo and Felix are the best players to ever come out of Benfica's youth development system. And Felix at his age is leaps and bounds above the other two. Nothing is guaranteed. Atletico took a huge risk with the price tag and he may still not deliver on his full potential but as I always stated Felix is a generacional talent, he has the ability to be one of the best players in the world in the next decade.
Paulo Sousa before injuries was on a similar level than those. I said it here multiple times that he resembles me João Vieira Pinto regarding his quick thinking and that player who can play between the lines. But with much more quality regarding his finishing.

Not for this topic but JVP mistake was that he didn’t left the country at the same time as Couto, Paulo Sousa, Rui Costa and so on.

P4rthen0n

Supports
Benfica
What an awesome start for João Félix at AM! We all knew he would be a world-class striker, but being only 19 it's actually a little surprising to be having so much success this early.

Lets hope he stays healthy and keeps producing when the real games begin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Almost certainly going in anyway, but is that first goal not Lemar's? On the replay at the end from behind the goal I swear it knicks off his knee. He half-heartedly celebrates too.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Seems like Juve could do with a cheap but experienced continental CB. He had a good pre-season game against the mighty AC Milan. Need to act fast before the window closed, though.

passing-wind

Would have cost us around 50 million net if you factor in Lukaku's sale. Seems our management have been very inept outside defensive signings this summer.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I can see it you know, he's very error prone in the few games I've seen him in. Perhaps not flop but won't become the GOAT everyone thinks.
He's not going to flop unless he either suffers a devastating injury or develops the dreaded cassano-balotelli syndrome

Kid's already a very good player, and his floor is basically coutinho. His ceiling is fecking Kaka, or close to it

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He's not going to flop unless he either suffers a devastating injury or develops the dreaded cassano-balotelli syndrome

Kid's already a very good player, and his floor is basically coutinho. His ceiling is fecking Kaka, or close to it
I think he meant De Ligt

jesperjaap

Serious generational talent. Can’t believe people were doubting him.
He hasnt actually done anything yet, one season in a weaker league and some goals in friendlies doesnt mean he has made it.

For the record I think he will go on to be a great player and I thought we should have been in for him. Huge fee and risk...but lets wait and see how he does ove the next couple of years before doubting the doubters

Bojan11

Early doors, but despite losing a lot of players it seems Atlético have done a decent job rebuilding unlike some teams.

TheRedHearted

I remember bugging out after a friendly with another young Portuguese and that turned out quite fecking dandy.
Yeah but the general consensus is that friendlies are glorified fitness training. Most players (specially older ones) aren’t even fit yet

He hasnt actually done anything yet, one season in a weaker league and some goals in friendlies doesnt mean he has made it.

For the record I think he will go on to be a great player and I thought we should have been in for him. Huge fee and risk...but lets wait and see how he does ove the next couple of years before doubting the doubters
Agreed! Hope he does well

marktan

That second run and finish is sublime. Haven't seen much of the kid but looking forward to seeing him this season, and atletico in general. Feel like all three big Spanish clubs have changed a lot this summer, looking forward to seeing all three of them.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Almost certainly going in anyway, but is that first goal not Lemar's? On the replay at the end from behind the goal I swear it knicks off his knee. He half-heartedly celebrates too.
Technically it would be.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
The ease in which he strikes the ball and finds space reminds me of... Griezmann (but with more potential due to more height and strength).

Of course people will make Kaka comparisons because people just naturally just compare to who he physically looks like, eventhough they are absurdly different in almost every way of form.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Signing this kid would’ve been perfect for us. Imagine in 3 years or so an attacking quartet of Inside forwards of Rashford and Greenwood, Martial as the CF and Felix as a roaming 10. Sensational. Shame to miss out on him. Looks incredible.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

I'd agree with this. He will have huge games all season long, let's wait a little.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Damn, imagine this kid under the guidance of Guardiola :nervous: Why City were not in for him!? My future 3-star forward muppetry pipe dream - Felix-Sane-Mbappe all starting in one team :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Signing this kid would’ve been perfect for us. Imagine in 3 years or so an attacking quartet of Inside forwards of Rashford and Greenwood, Martial as the CF and Felix as a roaming 10. Sensational. Shame to miss out on him. Looks incredible.
Well, we could get Sancho instead who I would prefer anyway.