Joao Felix

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Sorry but 120 million for 20 year old better be Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo at that age.

The sheer fecking stupidity of paying that amount for a player that was worse than Ozil at the same age (who went for 17 million at the time) is not fecking good business.

Clowns like Barcelona, Athletico and PSG are doing nothing but driving up the cost of players through sheer fecking ineptitude and stupidity

thepolice123

Not a great game but he did what he could and created almost all of their best chances I think.

Through pass to Costa at the start.
Shot which Adrian spilled and almost got tapped in.
Assist to Llorente.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Not a great game but he did what he could and created almost all of their best chances I think.

Through pass to Costa at the start.
Shot which Adrian spilled and almost got tapped in.
Assist to Llorente.
Ay, that 3 meter pass was a work of genius

Inter Yer Nan

He's got a lot of ability and class but he's still a ways a way. He's not that big or physical and it's a defensive team that likes a dog fight. I think he'll come good and be a great player. It wasn't supposed to be overnight (despite the fee), it's likely to take 2-3 seasons.

thepolice123

Ay, that 3 meter pass was a work of genius
Tbf he was feeding off scraps and battling it out with TAA and Gomez all by himself throughout the match. That pass came in ET, it was not bad for a youngster.

TAA seems intent on showing him who is the bigger talent. There was once he made a crunching tackle on Felix and screamed at him . He should just sit the feck down, one player is a #10 and one's a rightback.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Tbf he was feeding off scraps and battling it out with TAA and Gomez all by himself throughout the match. That pass came in ET, it was not bad for a youngster.

TAA seems intent on showing him who is the bigger talent. There was once he made a crunching tackle on Felix and screamed at him . He should just sit the feck down, one player is a #10 and one's a rightback.
Yeah, that was a twat move.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

He got put in his place by Morata of all people in the end, looked like he was shitting himself when Alvaro squared up to him :lol: :lol:

thepolice123

He got put in his place by Morata of all people in the end, looked like he was shitting himself when Alvaro squared up to him :lol: :lol:
He is such a little scrote. Played the entire match with a chip on his shoulder.

As is Robertson who always pretends to be a big winner man , the tool.
Sick of him whining at every decision against Liverpool. The world doesn't revolve around Liverpool Andy.

SAFMUTD

He doesnt look anywhere close to the fee Atletico paid for him, of course he’s still young but for that amount I expect a whole lot more.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Sorry but 120 million for 20 year old better be Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo at that age.

The sheer fecking stupidity of paying that amount for a player that was worse than Ozil at the same age (who went for 17 million at the time) is not fecking good business.

Clowns like Barcelona, Athletico and PSG are doing nothing but driving up the cost of players through sheer fecking ineptitude and stupidity
At least PSG spent money on players who did achieve impressive feats before signing them.

mariachi-19

True. And didn't we drive up priced when we broke the record for Pogba?
Pogba was still completely in line with Ronaldo and Bale esq signings including inflation. We didn't sign him for a mind bogglingly stupid amount.

Then Neymar happened and nearly every transfer thereafter had an extra 20 million + attached to it over night.

Fernandes is probably the first signing i've seen by a big club in the last few years where i've thought, thats good value for a good player.

Looking back now, im glad we signed Martial when we did because his value at the same age now would be more than Dembele or Pulsic.

Mr. Ant

To be fair to the guy playing in Simeone's ultra defensive system must be awful.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Like Sancho?

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Pogba was still completely in line with Ronaldo and Bale esq signings including inflation. We didn't sign him for a mind bogglingly stupid amount.

Then Neymar happened and nearly every transfer thereafter had an extra 20 million + attached to it over night.

Fernandes is probably the first signing i've seen by a big club in the last few years where i've thought, thats good value for a good player.

Looking back now, im glad we signed Martial when we did because his value at the same age now would be more than Dembele or Pulsic.
But you did. Martial purchase amounts to a total of 85M euros, all clauses included.

It was an insane deal at the time and after all these years he's very far from justifying it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
But you did. Martial purchase amounts to a total of 85M euros, all clauses included.

It was an insane deal at the time and after all these years he's very far from justifying it.
All clauses included - a clause for the BoR as well. Fair to say, we will never reach 85m

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I liked his style of play. Very classy on the ball . Ofcourse very young and Simeone might not be the coach to groom him.

macheda14

'United paid Monaco an initial £36 million when they signed Martial in September 2015 but the cost of the transfer has now risen to what is expected to be a final fee of £44.73 million '
50.7 million is very different to 85 million. Don't make stuff up. The original clauses could equal up to 65 million euros, which we now wont be paying.

Stacks

I laugh at him and Atletico transfer. was disgusted to see such large amounts spent after one season. he became the 3rd highest transfer after one season and went to a place where players of his type have struggled in the past. His agent saw him coming. Dortmund could be the kind of club for him.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
'United paid Monaco an initial £36 million when they signed Martial in September 2015 but the cost of the transfer has now risen to what is expected to be a final fee of £44.73 million '
50.7 million is very different to 85 million. Don't make stuff up. The original clauses could equal up to 65 million euros, which we now wont be paying.
Errr no you’re wrong. The actual contract with Woodward’s signature was leaked and if all clauses were met the fee was €80m euros. They also had sub clauses that stipulated that if Marital was sold by us, and he was sold for an amount that was greater than how much we had paid up until that point, we would split the profits of the amount above what we had paid, with Monaco 50/50. It was leaked in full by football leaks and then by other papers. So next time maybe get your facts right. His figure is a lot closer than yours, lord knows which rag you’ve got that from.
THE LEAKED CONTRACT, click here
Click on that link, read the actual contract before you post absolute bullshit, next time.

ROFLUTION

He doesnt look anywhere close to the fee Atletico paid for him, of course he’s still young but for that amount I expect a whole lot more.
Yeah was a Morata-esque performance for me too. But I guess the boy is still young

Just shows how tough it is to navigate transferwise in an inflated/hyped marked

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He's having a lot of physical problems this season which is clearly not helping. Still think it was too soon for him to move.

macheda14

Errr no you’re wrong. The actual contract with Woodward’s signature was leaked and if all clauses were met the fee was €80m euros. They also had sub clauses that stipulated that if Marital was sold by us, and he was sold for an amount that was greater than how much we had paid up until that point, we would split the profits of the amount above what we had paid, with Monaco 50/50. It was leaked in full by football leaks and then by other papers. So next time maybe get your facts right. His figure is a lot closer than yours, lord knows which rag you’ve got that from.
Click on that link, read the actual contract before you post absolute bullshit, next time.
I mean I read it in the Telegraph, not sportsjoe. However it doesn't matter. We've paid the 44.7 million and we wont be paying more, the clauses weren't met in the required time frame. I am mistaken in the 65 mill, because I used today's exchange rate. Very strong reaction from you though, my word.

Silas

No need to cry about it, feck me.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
I'm not making stuff up pal. I Just checked it again and It's actually 80M euro total, 50M upfront. Clauses are 10M for 25 goals, 10M for 25 international caps and another 10M for figuring in the top 10 for the ballon d'Or. Never heard about clauses expiration dates and they wouldn't make much sense in a young prospect.

Remember when these real values were revealed by football leaks and french press but somehow ignored in UK.

STYLOISRED

I don't know where you got that figure from but it's wrong. Martial was bought for £35m rising to £58m.

macheda14

I'm not making stuff up pal. I Just checked it again and It's actually 80M euro total, 50M upfront. Clauses are 10M for 25 goals, 10M for 25 international caps and another 10M for figuring in the top 10 for the ballon d'Or. Never heard about clauses expiration dates and they wouldn't make much sense in a young prospect.

Remember when these real values were revealed by football leaks and french press but somehow ignored in UK.
"Under the terms of the original deal, Monaco were due two further payments of £8.73 million each if Martial played 25 games for France and was nominated for the Ballon d’Or before the end of the current 2018/19 season. " Also to be fair, the total clauses aren't, nor were ever that crazy. The initial fee yes, but saying you'd pay 10M if he became a consistent France international and another 10M if he was nominated for the Ballon d'Or are great clauses worth every penny.

KennyBurner

if were being honest TAA is the bigger talent than him whether or not he was a cnut yesterday. More generational talent than Felix. He might end up being a very good player one day but Worldclass I highly doubt. Big clubs need to stop paying so much on unproven players. 120 million is currently a disaster.

TsuWave

Every time I see someone mentioning Martial’s fee it, somehow, ends up higher and higher. Is there like a “mention” tax added on top or something?

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Every time I see someone mentioning Martial’s fee it, somehow, ends up higher and higher. Is there like a “mention” tax added on top or something?
I followed the transfer closely at the time and had the idea it was 85M euros actually and remember thinking it was madness.

Still, Martial is the type of player you take risks with. Great physical and technical talent. Doubt he will ever have the mentality to become one of the greats but he's already an excellent player even if he doesnt justify his price.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

I followed the transfer closely at the time and had the idea it was 85M euros actually and remember thinking it was madness.

Still, Martial is the type of player you tale risks with. Great physical and technical talent. Doubt he will ever have the mentality to become one of the greats but he's already an excellent player even if he doesnt justify his price.
Dude settle for one fee, in 3 posts you have switched the numbers thrice.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Dude settle for one fee, in 3 posts you have switched the numbers thrice.
? I said 85M in the first post. Then i took a look at the original sources and said it was 80M. In the 3rd post i just admited i always had the idea it was 85M and on the 4th post i recommend you buy a new pair of glasses.

mariachi-19

That is a very simple sale contract for a very large amount of money... I’ve drafted more complex deeds for $100,000.00 release.

I’m not saying it’s fake, but it would not surprise me.

TsuWave

Thought he was good today.

Wonder how he would turn out like if Pep got his hands on him instead of Simeone