Joao Felix

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Was a 7 year deal in 2019.

No chance of getting him on the cheap.
He is not going anywhere i am afraid.
Yeah, that settles it. This is a non starter.
Not sure this is the case. The entire premise of these rumours surrounding his future appear to be based on a belief that Atletico are open to selling him. I’m sure that doesn’t mean that they are ‘open to selling him for 350m’. If they are willing to let him go then they won’t fold their arms waiting for 120m I doubt.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
£113m transfer and a 7 year deal. Blimey.

There must’ve been an awful lot of parties getting Neymar Sr level of orgies and private jets for that deal

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Not sure this is the case. The entire premise of these rumours surrounding his future appear to be based on a belief that Atletico are open to selling him. I’m sure that doesn’t mean that they are ‘open to selling him for 350m’. If they are willing to let him go then they won’t fold their arms waiting for 120m I doubt.
The issue i believe is Atletico will want to recoup the investment they spent on him in the beginning and Felix's performance for the past 2 season can hardly attract offer of 120m. So it is hard to do a deal unless Atletico is willing to take a hit, which is not impossible of course. But they are not EPL clubs like Chelsea or even Arsenal who can write off the cost of Lukaku, Pepe, or Ozil.

STYLOISRED

The issue i believe is Atletico will want to recoup the investment they spent on him in the beginning and Felix's performance for the past 2 season can hardly attract offer of 120m. So it is hard to do a deal unless Atletico is willing to take a hit, which is not impossible of course. But they are not EPL clubs like Chelsea or even Arsenal who can write off the cost of Lukaku, Pepe, or Ozil.
Another thing is that Athletico is in the same financial trouble as Barca i.e large short term debt so they might be looking to ship him off to raise money. I don't know how desperate they may be though. Clearly they are not as desperate as Barça.

BerryBerryShrew

I get serious Pato vibes off this guy every time I see him play. Which is a compliment: Pato would have been a stud if injuries hadn't wrecked him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I mean, there is no reason for any buying club to reasonably expect a Lukaku, Ozil type of situation here - but I still think at 120m, Atletico are not saying the ‘want to sell’. If they do, then I personally see a price around 80m euros. But this is of course contingent on them wanting to do a deal. If they don’t, Felix won’t be going anywhere if Atletico are not willing to move on the price.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I mean, there is no reason for any buying club to reasonably expect a Lukaku, Ozil type of situation here - but I still think at 120m, Atletico are not saying the ‘want to sell’. If they do, then I personally see a price around 80m euros. But this is of course contingent on them wanting to do a deal. If they don’t, Felix won’t be going anywhere if Atletico are not willing to move on the price.
Also for the way how he plays if Man City & Liverpool are not interested then there are not many team left who can play false 9 have the budget for him. Both MC and Liverpool moved on from false 9 and switched to traditional big and strong #9. It is difficult to do a deal. Dybala in a way plays a similar style and I don't even know where he plays next season. He is even a free agent.

STYLOISRED

Also for the way how he plays if Man City & Liverpool are not interested then there are not many team left who can play false 9 have the budget for him. Both MC and Liverpool moved on from false 9 and switched to traditional big and strong #9. It is difficult to do a deal. Dybala in a way plays a similar style and I don't even know where he plays next season. He is even a free agent.
Felix is more resilient, Aggressive and direct than Dybala ever was. Dybala could never play as a number 9 to a high level.

Renegade

Why do people say Strikers struggle under Simeone? Seems lazy to say?

correct me if im wrong but

Greizmann,Costa,David Villa,Suarez & Forlan prove otherwise no?

not sure if Aguero & Torres were under him.

Vapor trail

He's a good player, passes the eye test for me every time. If John Murtough could convince AM to do a deal that's feasible for both parties he deserves the credit.

OleGunnar20

He'd be great here under ETH, but will no doubt cost an absolute fortune. Maybe in a year or two?

CM

He's a really tidy player and fun to watch but I can't imagine Atleti would be interested in selling. Even if they were I think Felix would still be out of reach with our budget and the amount of business that needs doing.

The Viper

Scored a belter of a goal against us in UCL. What a brilliant header it was. Think he's a talented player and even though he's light weight, his hold up play is very good. He has contract till 2026. However, if ATM are open to sell at a reasonable price (which looks highly unlikely) then we should definitely be in for him.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
We’re really not in a position to turn down someone as good as him if he wanted to join. We’re a really unappealing prospect for top talent at the moment. We need players like him to get some momentum. I think some fans who are turning up their nose at him are in denial about this.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Has he really been good at Athletio since his transfer?

flappyjay

We’re really not in a position to turn down someone as good as him if he wanted to join. We’re a really unappealing prospect for top talent at the moment. We need players like him to get some momentum. I think some fans who are turning up their nose at him are in denial about this.
Maybe because his report card reads: 19/20 9 goals
20/21 10 goals
21/22 10 goals

Rashford was crucified on here when he was doing better than those numbers at the same age. Spending 50-60m plus wages for that return wouldn't be smart business. It's just a gamble hoping that Atletico's system is what's holding back his numbers.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Has he really been good at Athletio since his transfer?
He's spending more time on the physio instead of the training ground. Overall he did a good season, I think he was even Atletico player of the year for Atlético fans.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Felix is a good player, but his wages and fee are an issue. AM aren't going to want to sell at too much of a loss and his injury record and struggles at times in AM's system means that he is high risk. I reckon he will leave once his amortisation comes down a bit more. His book cost is currently something like €65-70m alone but his wages are also high. I reckon he'll have to do one more season at least for AM at least before he becomes viable.

Canuckred64

What does this even mean? Is he any lighter than Bernado,Foden& Coutinho? Or even a old school player like Zola?
The players you ment
What does this even mean? Is he any lighter than Bernado,Foden& Coutinho? Or even a old school player like Zola?
Felix is a lot taller and weighs less than the other players you mentioned, he's about 6 ft and weighs a little over 150 pounds. If he doesn't bulk up , i don't think he makes it in the Premier.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Maybe because his report card reads: 19/20 9 goals
20/21 10 goals
21/22 10 goals

Rashford was crucified on here when he was doing better than those numbers at the same age. Spending 50-60m plus wages for that return wouldn't be smart business. It's just a gamble hoping that Atletico's system is what's holding back his numbers.
Thank heavens for the television.

flappyjay

Thank heavens for the television.
Say what you will but at the end of the day forwards should be scoring or assisting at a high volume. All the forwards that are considered the best excel at both sides of the game.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Say what you will but at the end of the day forwards should be scoring or assisting at a high volume. All the forwards that are considered the best excel at both sides of the game.
Indeed. And if you watched (or more likely - read) that Greenwood scored 12 goals in a season, you would be confused as to why a team would pay £80m+ for him I guess? Watching a player is where you see his capabilities. Felix is 22. Any scout I would imagine would not watch him and see a 10 goal striker. All the ingredients are there, and they are so obviously there that coupled with his age, teams would pay a lot of money for him. There is a huge difference between Joao Felix’ 10 goals and Ashley Barnes’ 10 goals, and the television would point that out in no time.

Looking at talents like Greenwood or Felix and simplifying them to ‘how many goals did they score last season’ isn’t close to painting the picture of what you are dealing with. Both would almost certainly be looked at as 20+ goal forwards, and will be priced as such. They are amongst the most gifted young strikers and they would be seen as only need to take the next step.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Anyone can see he is very talented and I reckon if he was playing in City under Pep many here would be very angry at the star he would become.

Yes he is a Benfica product but even I can admit he is really talented and has shown it in glimpses. His problem is the absurd price tag Atletico payed.

ETH would love a guy like Felix in that CF role,

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Seems Atleti have Barca-like financial problems at the moment too.

JohnnyLaw

I think in a more attacking system he'd be ridiculous. I dread Liverpool or City getting their grubby mitts on him.
They’ve just bought Haaland and Nuñez for big bucks. Someone will have to flop for either of those to be after Felix anytime soon.
More likely it’ll be one of us, Chelsea, PSG or Real tugging at him in a few years time. Or Newcastle… :rolleyes:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Next year we will need to go big on a Ronaldo replacement. I hope it's either Felix, Martinez or Kane.
Hopefully we have enough as I feel next year we will be going big for Rice too. We should have some sales though.

Remember the geese

Kane? Not a hope, if you were to get any value out of him, he needed to be signed 4 years ago considering what Spurs would be asking for him at any stage.
This time next year, Kane will only have a year left on his contract. He will be nearly turning 30, but for a reasonable fee it may represent decent value. Obviously it would be dependent on us having a good season and Spurs less so.