Joao Felix

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
You guys need a lift and that's the only way this deal makes sense. But he's not the guy to lift an underperforming team imo, much like Pogba.
I’d very much like to eat humble pie but signing another Havertz is exactly what we didn’t need.

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
I’d very much like to eat humble pie but signing another Havertz is exactly what we didn’t need.
I'm fairly certain he will offer you something different.
I think the delicacies with him is more in the interpersonal relationships. Now he has the issues with Simeone, and sometimes you see some distance between him and teammates that you don't see between other members of the squad.

Plus, he mentioned that he had problems with other players at Porto and Benfica as well and felt bullied. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, but everywhere there seems to have been something. I think he's a little shy or introvert, and probably a bit arrogant as well. But when he's in it, and hopefully for you that's where Potter and his teammates come in, he's by far a gamechanger.

For a while he had an amazing connection with Lemar and, say what you want about Atleti, but that string of games, the presence of those two together made Atlético look like combination play world class. At the beginning of the 20/21 season he had a similar coplay with Correa and Suarez up front and it was simply amazing till Suarez phoned in his field play more and more and Correa lost his form.

I don't know Chelsea well enough to see who can play the short stuff with him, Ziyech could be an interesting partner to him. I can see them unlocking each other. But Sterling and Havertz, and just the option of trying more creative stuff up front than he's generally allowed to by Simeone's general game plans should hand you a very special player. I know the statistics say otherwise, but if you've seen the game and the various gameplans (and setups), then you see that Felix has A LOT to offer and has already shown that way more than you would guess on wikipedia.

What if he actually does do well? Would make us look like right mugs.
He can adjust to the PL at Chels and then join United in the summer :) Or if Simeone really leaves he could continue to play with Correa and Lemar hopefully.

Red00012

I'm fairly certain he will offer you something different.
I think the delicacies with him is more in the interpersonal relationships. Now he has the issues with Simeone, and sometimes you see some distance between him and teammates that you don't see between other members of the squad.

Plus, he mentioned that he had problems with other players at Porto and Benfica as well and felt bullied. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, but everywhere there seems to have been something. I think he's a little shy or introvert, and probably a bit arrogant as well. But when he's in it, and hopefully for you that's where Potter and his teammates come in, he's by far a gamechanger.

For a while he had an amazing connection with Lemar and, say what you want about Atleti, but that string of games, the presence of those two together made Atlético look like combination play world class. At the beginning of the 20/21 season he had a similar coplay with Correa and Suarez up front and it was simply amazing till Suarez phoned in his field play more and more and Correa lost his form.

I don't know Chelsea well enough to see who can play the short stuff with him, Ziyech could be an interesting partner to him. I can see them unlocking each other. But Sterling and Havertz, and just the option of trying more creative stuff up front than he's generally allowed to by Simeone's general game plans should hand you a very special player. I know the statistics say otherwise, but if you've seen the game and the various gameplans (and setups), then you see that Felix has A LOT to offer and has already shown that way more than you would guess on wikipedia.

He can adjust to the PL at Chels and then join United in the summer :) Or if Simeone really leaves he could continue to play with Correa and Lemar hopefully.
He signed a new contract with A Madrid this week

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
He signed a new contract with A Madrid this week
It's purely for bookkeeping purposes to help Atleti further reduce his book valuation by amortising the transfer fee over an additional year. There's every chance he moves on in the summer - the whole point of this loan is so that he can showcase himself.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
No it doesn't. The money was madness, and he clearly wants to stay at Atletico.
I didn't mean United by 'us', rather us commenting on the forum that Felix will flop.

No matter how good Felix is I would never want us, United, to do this type of deal. Madness.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Don’t know whether to laugh or cry :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Misses Palace at home, Liverpool away and Fulham (again) at home. All league games as they've already been dumped out the cups (though now I say that I'm not sure league red cards carry over to domestic cups anymore anyway)

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
First time he played like an Atletico player. Simeone must be proud.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Seemed a little to up for it but played great till he lost his shit.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It's purely for bookkeeping purposes to help Atleti further reduce his book valuation by amortising the transfer fee over an additional year. There's every chance he moves on in the summer - the whole point of this loan is so that he can showcase himself.
The whole point of this move is so he can get away from Diego Simeone.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Well, he had a great impact in a poor Chelsea side but apparently he just used up all his energy points for the full game in 60 minutes.

city-puma

Let’s get him in this summer after he gets used to EPL. He does have potential (not red carded though).