Joao Felix

SungSam7

This time next year, Kane will only have a year left on his contract. He will be nearly turning 30, but for a reasonable fee it may represent decent value. Obviously it would be dependent on us having a good season and Spurs less so.
Spurs will be pushing for a huge transfer fee for a guy whose contract is ending next year. Guaranteed it will be 80+ mill at least, a huge chunk of the apparent transfer budget for a guy who is 29 next month.

Remember the geese

Spurs will be pushing for a huge transfer fee for a guy whose contract is ending next year. Guaranteed it will be 80+ mill at least, a huge chunk of the apparent transfer budget for a guy who is 29 next month.
£80m+ would indeed be ridiculous. I would like to think if he made it clear that he would not be signing a new deal, then £50-60m for a 30 year old Kane would be acceptable.

Banat

£80m+ would indeed be ridiculous. I would like to think if he made it clear that he would not be signing a new deal, then £50-60m for a 30 year old Kane would be acceptable.
Mane, arguably the best player in the PL, left Pool for £30m, no one will touch Kane for more than £35-40m next year.

AB_89

For £35-40m he would be a terrific signing for us.
I think Kane is actually underrated given his performances at Spurs over a long period now. He can play as a 9 and a 10, scores loads of goals, holds the ball up, can play key passes and link up well. It's no coincidence City were prepared to pay £100m for him, unfortunately Levy priced him out of a move but if he was available this season or next for under £60-70m then a number of clubs would be banging down the door to sign him!

Remember the geese

I think Kane is actually underrated given his performances at Spurs over a long period now. He can play as a 9 and a 10, scores loads of goals, holds the ball up, can play key passes and link up well. It's no coincidence City were prepared to pay £100m for him, unfortunately Levy priced him out of a move but if he was available this season or next for under £60-70m then a number of clubs would be banging down the door to sign him!
Agreed. All hypothetical, but if for whatever reason Spurs have a disappointing season next year and we outperform them, then Kane with a year left on his deal would be a great option. What is certain is that we will definitely be in the market for a big name striker.

NewYorkRed

He’s class but would not work as a sole striker. Kaka (who was more talented than him) was a similar player and needed to play off someone as well. Would’ve worked at pool, would do well at Madrid too. Very good player but with the players we have he wouldn’t fit in.

Acquire Me

He’s class but would not work as a sole striker. Kaka (who was more talented than him) was a similar player and needed to play off someone as well. Would’ve worked at pool, would do well at Madrid too. Very good player but with the players we have he wouldn’t fit in.
Are you from the future? If not, you obviously don’t know how we will play under Erik.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don’t think it’s a requirement, he can play on the middle of a three, but that three needs to be made up of the right type of players. Son and Sterling either side, or Salah and Mané for example would suit him very well.

I think of he was here we would need Rashford in form and playing regularly from the left. And I also expect him to improve his own goal output too. Even then, some numbers are a bit misleading. Almost all of the best goalscorers in the game get there with about 30% of goals from the spot anyway. You add 6 or 7 penalties to Felix a season and the upturn he needs isn’t that much for a 22 year old with his ability.

NewYorkRed

Are you from the future? If not, you obviously don’t know how we will play under Erik.
I don’t think it’s a requirement, he can play on the middle of a three, but that three needs to be made up of the right type of players. Son and Sterling either side, or Salah and Mané for example would suit him very well.

I think of he was here we would need Rashford in form and playing regularly from the left. And I also expect him to improve his own goal output too. Even then, some numbers are a bit misleading. Almost all of the best goalscorers in the game get there with about 30% of goals from the spot anyway. You add 6 or 7 penalties to Felix a season and the upturn he needs isn’t that much for a 22 year old with his ability.
Don’t need to be from the future to know that he’s not going to play Ronaldo, Sancho, Bruno, Eriksen, VdB and Felix all in one team. Its called common sense.

Those are fair points but I still don’t think he can lead the line on his own in a team that wants to win the biggest trophies. To maximize his potential he’s better off playing behind a #9.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Don’t need to be from the future to know that he’s not going to play Ronaldo, Sancho, Bruno, Eriksen, VdB and Felix all in one team. Its called common sense.

Those are fair points but I still don’t think he can lead the line on his own in a team that wants to win the biggest trophies. To maximize his potential he’s better off playing behind a #9.
I don’t see why he cannot do what the likes of Firmino and De Bruyne/Gundogan have done for their teams personally. He does drop deep but he also has striking instinct. More often than not, as soon as he lays it off he’s sprinting towards the box. Of course, he won’t be an old-fashioned 9, but I think he can be a new-fashion one.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Crazy, Chelsea's new owners are just signing anyone who comes on the market, that's not a way to build a team. It's strange as well, I'm a Baseball Fan and the Dodgers are really smart about how they spend their money, the exact opposite of whats happening at Chelsea.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Atleast he helps me get some great options in Fifa Ultimate Team

PoTMS

Decent player but very much a meh signing. I'm not exactly a massive fan of Weghorst either but he's a far better fit for both United and Chelsea than João Felix.

JohnnyLaw

I’d be interested to know why he chose to also extend with Atletico. Has he been given ensurance that Simeone is leaving?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He'll follow in the long line of expensive strikers that went to Chelsea and...oh crap.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
I’d be interested to know why he chose to also extend with Atletico. Has he been given ensurance that Simeone is leaving?
Discussed in another thread yesterday but basically Atletico's finances are bad and the extension helps them lower Felix' amortisation cost by spreading the remaining book value one year further down the line. Doing so will reduce costs by around €4M for the current financial year which helps them with Spanish FFP when getting a replacement in for Felix.

As for why Felix himself accepted the extension even though he's not certain to stay it's really simple, he now has one more guaranteed year left on a €280K/wk deal. If he ends up leaving on a permanent transfer next summer the Atletico deal will be shredded anyway and he'll sign a new long term contract at his new club, or he goes back to Atletico with his future earnings secured for one year longer than before so either way he's covering all bases. In case he can't secure a transfer elsewhere, goes back to Atletico starting from next season and continues failing to impress there as well, chances are at a later time Atletico wouldn't be so happy to extend him at the value of his current high salary contract anymore so personally for the player having one more year at €280K/wk can only be a good thing.

Never really rated Felix myself and wasn't to keen on signing him but now that he's joined I guess I'll have to keep an open mind and see how he does. I've gotten an egg smashed to my face many times with players who I've thought would be good for us only for them to turn out huge flops, but can't remember being wrong too often when thinking from the start a player would be a bad fit and that's the feeling I have of Felix now. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Unam333

Looks like someone told him to at least try and look enthused here.

I'm sure he's thrilled. Chelsea's one of the biggest clubs in the world, he'll get his full salary and anything better than staying at Atlético.

Needs to bulk up though.

mu4c_20le

You guys need a lift and that's the only way this deal makes sense. But he's not the guy to lift an underperforming team imo, much like Pogba.