Joao Felix

kaku06

Vulgarian
Also, I just checked the season finishes at the end of May. So basically all this loan fee plus wages were for just 5 months effectively. Now he won’t be available for almost a month so it becomes 4 months. €11m + €7m = €18m. More than 4m a month. Now chelsea are out of the cups and have played 18 matches in the league already. He’s suspended for next 3 so he’s available for the remaining 17 + next 2 in CL. 19 matches in total. Almost a million per match. His loan have become almost a million per match now.

TsuWave

He's clearly a special player. Awful decision about going to Chelsea though, and awful challenge for the red card - I'm happy it went to shit, but he was playing well

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
He's clearly a special player. Awful decision about going to Chelsea though, and awful challenge for the red card - I'm happy it went to shit, but he was playing well
It wasn't his decision. He was more than happy to come to us, if our dickhead owners had money.

Also, I doubt he will stay at Chelsea. Actually, 95% certain he won't.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I've only found out his contract at Atleti is until 2027. What gives? Did he sign a new one before going to Chelsea?

TsuWave

It wasn't his decision. He was more than happy to come to us, if our dickhead owners had money.

Players can refuse/say no to loan moves though. I get that his relationship with Simeone is reportedly nuked, and that he likely didn't have assurances United/Arsenal would manage to make a deal with Atletico, but he could have still said "no" to the Chelsea move. They're not exactly in great shape.

Don't know if he'll have enough time to showcase his talents for a move in the summer now though, but he was playing well

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I've only found out his contract at Atleti is until 2027. What gives? Did he sign a new one before going to Chelsea?
Yes it was part of the deal, he got to go on loan if he agreed to extend his contract. It's just Atleti protecting his value.

ZainCRse7en

Having watched him closely, he looks pretty much like an Arsenal type of player that would probably enjoy playing the good football there. Just why in the world did he reject them to play for Chelsea of all clubs? Such a strange decision.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
For the 60 minutes that he was on the pitch, he was the best player there. Stupidly reckless tackle but I think Chelsea will get some good output from him when he does play.

croadyman

So not quite 25, someone was saying the red card cost 3 million (i thought the transfer was 12)

Check the highlights, definitely dangerous but clearly lacking confidence in finishing (all straight at keeper or off target ). I honestly would love him here - in Bruno’s role. Some great passes
Problem is we have to prioritise a top class number 9 and progressive CM over that false 9 type player which Felix is

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He was their best player. He has done better in a single match than the rest of the team in 2 weeks. His tackle was a mistiming, he tried hard to win the ball back. You cany fault his willingness. However he is so similar to our other forwards in how he plays, perhaps thats why Ten Hag prefers not to choose him, he wont add variations to our attack.

Last edited:

WirralRed

Yeah very good on the ball, but some off his runs of it when he was playing dither up top where a bit off which is what a lot of people have said, he is no CF.

prateik

That wouldve been a great tackle 20 years ago.. the games gone...

-souness probably

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Also, I just checked the season finishes at the end of May. So basically all this loan fee plus wages were for just 5 months effectively. Now he won’t be available for almost a month so it becomes 4 months. €11m + €7m = €18m. More than 4m a month. Now chelsea are out of the cups and have played 18 matches in the league already. He’s suspended for next 3 so he’s available for the remaining 17 + next 2 in CL. 19 matches in total. Almost a million per match. His loan have become almost a million per match now.
My god :houllier::eek:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Having watched him closely, he looks pretty much like an Arsenal type of player that would probably enjoy playing the good football there. Just why in the world did he reject them to play for Chelsea of all clubs? Such a strange decision.
Money.

Real Name

Even if we had money its still a terrible deal and glad we avoided it.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Always a risky deal signing a player who 100% knows he is going back to his parent club. Thought there was a danger he might just go through the motions for the next 5 months, but on last nights showing looked like a man on a mission.

Was great to watch him last night in full flow, but was also quality seeing him sent off.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Did he reject Arsenal, or was it just that Arsenal, like Utd, didn't want to concede to Atleticos demands?

crossy1686

career ending
Did he reject Arsenal, or was it just that Arsenal, like Utd, didn't want to concede to Atleticos demands?
Not sure where the 'rejection' line is coming from but the Athletic did say that he 'liked the Chelsea project' which is always code for 'money'. But to say he rejected clubs that wouldn't pay what Atleti wanted is daft, he never had the option to join.

bringbackbebe

Just struck me. Isn't Felix cup tied for champions league? So he's out for 3 of the potential 20 matches now? :eek:

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Just struck me. Isn't Felix cup tied for champions league? So he's out for 3 of the potential 20 matches now? :eek:
No the rules state now Chelsea can change 3 players to their Champions League squad in this window, even if they have already played in the competition before. Changed a couple of years back.

NoLogo

Yeah would be great to see him and Bruno get in each others way
Exactly, they are most comfortable behind a striker and not leading the line, I think that was one of Portugal's biggest weaknesses during the WC, that due to Felix, Bruno and Silva all preferring to play more centrally they had no width until Leao was subbed on. We would face a similar problem if we got Felix and shifted Bruno to the left.

mctrials23

Great player but perhaps not quite what we need. Would love him at United but we have higher priorities at the moment. I think we could have made him work on loan but clearly we weren't willing to pay what AM were after. Probably the same for Arsenal.

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
Before the red card he looked fantastic. Would love him here
I didn’t watch the match, but have just seen his individual highlights on YT.

One good pass, won a couple of fouls, lost the ball a couple of times; had a few poor efforts on goal; got sent off. What was fantastic about it?

NewGlory

Even if we had money its still a terrible deal and glad we avoided it.
We will never know now.

It is expensive, yes, but if it made the difference between qualifying for UCL vs no, it would have been way worth it because we will lose 20 million pounds just in reduced Adidas sponsorship if we miss on Champions league second time in a row, plus loss of revenue from UCL itself and other consequences.

Money is relative, not absolute. But yes, it was expensive and we didnt do it and now we won't know what could have been.

One thing is obvious, however - he was tearing it up with Chelsea immediately. The red card was unfortunate but he hit the ground running. "No EPL experience" wasn't much of a problem. He is good

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I didn’t watch the match, but have just seen his individual highlights on YT.

One good pass, won a couple of fouls, lost the ball a couple of times; had a few poor efforts on goal; got sent off. What was fantastic about it?
Nothing. It was a good first game, the bar is set so low at Chelsea that a decent performance is overrated

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yep, quite simple — Felix + Simeone’s relationship was pretty untenable, he wanted out. I don’t really think he was massively worried about which of the 3 clubs who were interested in him got him, they’re all big enough and will start him a decent amount; he just wanted 5 months away from his current situation.

Chelsea were the ones happy to meet the financial demands, so they got him. Not seen anything to suggest he rejected either club in favour for Chelsea.

Real Name

One thing is obvious, however - he was tearing it up with Chelsea immediately. The red card was unfortunate but he hit the ground running. "No EPL experience" wasn't much of a problem. He is good
Isnt this a bit of overreaction?

NewGlory

Isnt this a bit of overreaction?
ok, fair enough, too soon. But you know what I mean - he was the best player in that Chelsea squad and it seemed like he hit the ground running, sans the red card