Joao Felix

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
No he isn't we don't need another right winger, who isn't very effective as a right winger!
I'd guess if we go for him, it'll be a Pogba replacement..
Huh? What the heck are you on about? We definitely need a player who can play as a natural 10, as a false 9 and in a rotating front 3. Why on earth would you want him restricted to the right flank? Mata only plays there for us because unlike this kid he is both slow and not physically strong. This Joao Felix is like a high end talent of the type of player a Lingard tries to be. He'd be perfect for a side with Pogba in it.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
This is gunna end in heartbreak. He's got Madrid written all over him.

Red_toad

Huh? What the heck are you on about? We definitely need a player who can play as a natural 10, as a false 9 and in a rotating front 3. Why on earth would you want him restricted to the right flank? Mata only plays there for us because unlike this kid he is both slow and not physically strong. This Joao Felix is like a high end talent of the type of player a Lingard tries to be. He'd be perfect for a side with Pogba in it.
Ok then we’ll stick him out on the right. Just like Mata, Kagawa, Henrickh etc etc. glad you’re knowledgeable about how it works!
I’ll hold out for a right sided attacker who knows the position well and see if Pogs goes or stays.

izec

Better to stay a season or two at Benfica and polish his game, that is the safe bet. I can see some desperate clubs going in hard for him this summer though

passing-wind

Can't see this happening, we are not in a position to be going toe to toe with other clubs for top talent.

Jacob

I'd go as far as saying he's my number 1 prio this summer. We need a superstar talent like Ronaldo or Rooney when they first entered the scene, someone who inspires the rest with awe and enthusiasm.

Art Vandelay

I'd go as far as saying he's my number 1 prio this summer. We need a superstar talent like Ronaldo or Rooney when they first entered the scene, someone who inspires the rest with awe and enthusiasm.
Yeah, him or De Ligt for me. A youngster that's not only ready for the first team, would improve us, offer something we currently lack but would also give some of the other young players at the club a bit of a kick up the arse to raise their games a bit. I'm looking at two very inconsistent forwards in particular. Although I don't think we will get either Felix or De Ligt, I think we have more chance with Felix if we shell out the cash.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I haven't seen him play live, what kind of player is he? Does he create a lot of chances or is he more of a goal scorer? He played as a striker yesterday, thats surely not what we need right now unless we sell Lukaku?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Completely agree.

You'd think the only area of improvement in attack is right wing. Truth is that we need more technically quality in the middle as well. Adding an elite talent in central areas would lift the team.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

This kid is either the ideal replacement for Pogba (give him a free role Kaka style as the attacking mid with zero defensive responsibilities) or use him as a false 9 Hidegkuti style and build the side around him.

He's far too talented to be a servant for others.. he's going to be a Balon D'or contender. If it meant signing him - I'd let Pogba go (if it means Madrid are distracted). Ideally though, I think he's suited to being a False 9.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I thought he was a winger? Think if we get another player who prefers to play centrally we'd have to offload Lukaku or Martial (likely the former)

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I thought he was a winger? Think if we get another player who prefers to play centrally we'd have to offload Lukaku or Martial (likely the former)
Started off the season playing wide but he's been used as a second striker for the last few months according to transfermarkt. I'm not sure I understand why people think he'd be able to take over from Pogba, bit baffled at that.

Pav1878

This kid is either the ideal replacement for Pogba (give him a free role Kaka style as the attacking mid with zero defensive responsibilities) or use him as a false 9 Hidegkuti style and build the side around him.

He's far too talented to be a servant for others.. he's going to be a Balon D'or contender. If it meant signing him - I'd let Pogba go (if it means Madrid are distracted). Ideally though, I think he's suited to being a False 9.

Totally agree, he has to be our priority, even deep down I don't think we stand a chance if real Madrid, Barcelona or city are in for him.

I think he and Pogba can play in the same team:

Rashford
Martial Felix

Pogba Allan (my choice) McT/another signing)

amolbhatia50k

He seems like the kind of talent we'll miss out on. So I'm not getting my hopes up. We could really really do with players like him and Sancho.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He seems like the kind of talent we'll miss out on. So I'm not getting my hopes up. We could really really do with players like him and Sancho.
Agreed. These type of players have high football IQ and the dynamism to match (which is a prerequisite to be a United player) .. currently Pogba and Mata are probably our most intelligent ball players but they’re not that dynamic and IMO don’t consistently take the game to the opposition enough. Pogba did it at start of Ole reign but ran out of steam.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's clearly not a natural winger. He's fairly quick and agile with the ball which means he could play there, but his skillset is shooting and clever passing around the box. Think Mata but with the ability to run.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He's clearly not a natural winger. He's fairly quick and agile with the ball which means he could play there, but his skillset and clever passing around the box. Think Mata but with the ability to run.
Not clear to me as I've seen him play a grand total of 0 times. Just guessed he was a winger based on clips and posts on here.

Happy to finally get a creative forward but as I said before someone will have to make way, if he's worth it.

Smores

Started off the season playing wide but he's been used as a second striker for the last few months according to transfermarkt. I'm not sure I understand why people think he'd be able to take over from Pogba, bit baffled at that.
If he's playing as a second striker then he'd be taking up positions Pogba should be arriving in no? Or are we back to Pogba being shackled as a proper midfielder again?

Depends what formation we play with really but I'd be disappointed if we ended up without a proper right sided attacker in favour of another who plays better as a 10

Varun

Staff
It’s a tad mental, yes :lol: Someone even said they’d let Pogba go to get him.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
If he's playing as a second striker then he'd be taking up positions Pogba should be arriving in no? Or are we back to Pogba being shackled as a proper midfielder again?

Depends what formation we play with really but I'd be disappointed if we ended up without a proper right sided attacker in favour of another who plays better as a 10
I think Pogbas best position is left of a midfield 3 myself. That's where he excelled at Juventus. He doesn't score enough to be a second striker position, if you take away his penalty goals he doesn't really score much for us when you look at it. The problem Pogba has is that he's our only real genuine world class outfield player, if we had another Worldie in midfield, we'd see him excel more often. When he has a bad run of form, our entire team does and that's the real issue as most of our creative play goes through him. What we really desperately need in the team is another World Class creative output to share the burden. That should be our top priority this Summer.

amolbhatia50k

Agreed. These type of players have high football IQ and the dynamism to match (which is a prerequisite to be a United player) .. currently Pogba and Mata are probably our most intelligent ball players but they’re not that dynamic and IMO don’t consistently take the game to the opposition enough. Pogba did it at start of Ole reign but ran out of steam.
I don't agree on Pogba. He's technically brilliant and someone we should build a team around. Add this guy play with him and make us stronger.

My point was he looks the the sort of technical talent we watched the likes of City,Barca etc bag

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country

I didn't see on this video anything special about him and against Sporting he was no existent.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

I agree. I’d rather him than Pogba.

Vanya

he's Kaka reincarnate.

But if we blow our budget on a kid who will need at least 2-3 years to come good then we can forget about winning the league in the near future.

There has to be a balance. Rashford is 21, Martial is 23. We need a proven, elite level player playing next to them not a 19 yr old kid.

Fosu-Mens

We need creators, yes — don't think anyone would disagree with that assertion! :)

But I think Félix's scoring tendencies will get stifled if he plays with the combination of Martial and Rashford because he will be expected to a greater degree of unselfish creating for them (which wouldn't be ideal because he should have a more aggressive role). Keep regurgitating old examples, but players like Del Piero/Dybala/Litmanen (part scorers and part creators like Félix) reached some of the best form of their careers with no more than 1 predominant scorer ahead of them — all other attackers were either creators (Zidane) or wingers than maintained width (Overmars) or work-horse strikers than were tactically thorough (Mandzukić) — which gives us a decent idea of the type of balance Félix will need to realize his full potential.

I'll probably cop a fair bit of flack for saying this but if we are to sign him, one of Martial or Rashford needs to be moved on. As a duo, their skill set isn't particularly broad or symbiotic in the grand scheme of things, and neither is suited to a disciplined role — and while Félix is a capable creator, he should be a proactive executor rather than a constant facilitator for the other two. IMO, Something like Félix + Rashford + Sancho (who's an incisive playmaker/passer already and will add goals to his game in due time) would be a better template for the future because you'll have a really good mix of invention and movement to go with a fair bit of directness. Agree with the touch, timing and understanding bit, his vision of the game is refined for a young attack — very perceptive and well-rounded.

Ideally one would have players that can be both creators and scorers (same as with having midfielders that can both contribute on and off the ball). Only player currently at the club able to do this is Pogba, and he may be gone next summer. Having said that, given the dysfunctionality of our squad, as long as we do not buy a finishier that does little else, most players would compliment our attack.

Martial and Rashford both needs to improve their game in different areas if they are to be starters in the long run regardless. And given that they are both best as strikers, we should let Lukaku go before them. Felix this summer and Sancho next, with them and either Rashford or Martial in the centre could be a good combination if we are the ones controlling the game. Meaning that we would need better ballplayers in the rest of the team.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
he's Kaka reincarnate.

But if we blow our budget on a kid who will need at least 2-3 years to come good then we can forget about winning the league in the near future.

There has to be a balance. Rashford is 21, Martial is 23. We need a proven, elite level player playing next to them not a 19 yr old kid.
Conversely we could be too slow and end up missing out on another player destined for the top.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Ok then we’ll stick him out on the right. Just like Mata, Kagawa, Henrickh etc etc. glad you’re knowledgeable about how it works!......
Or we will buy a right sided attacker separately from strengthening other areas of the team. Like normal teams do

I’ll hold out for a right sided attacker who knows the position well and see if Pogs goes or stays.
I don't yet see how the purchase of a right sided attacker has any connection to Pogba's future fate let alone the fate of the purcshaing of player in any other position

MalcolmTucker

Looks like a proper talent from this game.

Red Star One

What a lovely, lovely player. Can't get enough of him, last time I was so hyped about a teenager was probably Mbappe. Rating him slightly higher than Sancho - though I have to admit I have seen more of Joao Felix then the Englishman.
Unfortunately, doesn't really strike me as United player for now, and he'd do much better developing in properly attacking and well drilled team. Nevertheless, I'd absolutely love if tried to get him.

Vanya

Conversely we could be too slow and end up missing out on another player destined for the top.
We cant have three players "destined" for big things to lead our attack. Is there any other club that has won big trophies in recent years that had succeeded using that model?

Andersons Dietician

I mean if the idea is to play with 2 strikers or wide forwards with either a false 9 or just someone sitting behind them he probably makes more sense Sancho although I feel like Sancho could play that role as well he just might not be as good a goal scorer as felix. Would happily have either or both to be honest.

the_irish123

I mean of course he's a good player, I think his shot is good and his vision also, but I don't see a generational player in him. The Kaka comparison is bizarre since he was twice as explosive.

Kaglish10

He's obviously better through the middle than on the wing as he doesn't have the blistering pace to operate on the wing. He looks like a young Ibrahimovic to me (the more clinical kind) but his style looks uncanny to Ibrahimovic with the way he drops deep to link up play until it progresses to the final third as well as looking imposing for the opposition defenders to deal with. An imposing false 9 striker!

I'm all for getting him. He's got the skillset to become one of the best striker out there. I will rather we get him than keep developing 2nd rate talent such as Rashford in the striker role. Moreso, it would make Rashford sits up and give himself some good talking.

BlueHaze

I think the best career move for him would be Spain. I'm not sure England would be a good destination for him. I remember when we signed Shinji back when he was crazy good and that didn't turn out very well. They are very similar.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Again, people who say they would let Pogba go to get this kid are completely out of their minds and shouldn't even be allowed to play Football Manager at this point. You're basically taking a huge step back for a step forward. It's a lateral move at best and shows no ambition from the club to become a contender. The only way Felix should be gotten is by not letting Pogba go and have those two be on the field together. People seriously underestimate how brilliant Pogba can be with great players around him.