Joe Gomez

Tel074

Only tearing your Achilles tendon is worse (Kobe's injury in 2013), but 2 ACLs are nothing to scoff at either. Wonder how it'll take away from his game, especially pace wise.

I agree I've torn both my Achilles Tendons . Horrible recovery times

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
We needed another centre back before these injuries to VVD and Gomez anyway. I think this will force us to buy a top class one in January as opposed to another back up and then going into next season VVD and our new one will be starting games with Matip and Gomez as back up.
Personally would love Upamecano or Koulibaly but whether we can get either of those in January remains to be seen.
Getting Garay in now until the end of the season would make sense and then sign another CB in January to shore up our back line.
Could we interest you in Premier League winner, Phil Jones?

bleedred

Liverpool players are getting more injured since the lockdown, because they have stopped taking PEDs since they know they are being tested every week for covid and the samples can also be used for drug testing.

someone bite it!!!!!!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I really like Gomez so this is sad to hear. Hope he can recover and regain his curent skills.

However, at a club level, Liverpool are now utterly screwed which Im happy about. Im sure they will buy a big name in January, perhaps Upamacano. Else they won't finish top 4 this year.

I never knew he was also an amazing spot kick taker, as shown in video below

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Liverpool players are getting more injured since the lockdown, because they have stopped taking PEDs since they know they are being tested every week for covid and the samples can also be used for drug testing.

someone bite it!!!!!!
EPO supplies must be down.

Two bites for the price of one!?

DRM

They're still gonna walk the league arent they?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
They're still gonna walk the league arent they?
More than likely. We saw how far ahead of everyone else they were last season. Their solid midfield and brilliant attack may cover an injury-hit defence if no-one steps up to challenge them and it looks like that so far.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I really like Gomez so this is sad to hear. Hope he can recover and regain his curent skills.

However, at a club level, Liverpool are now utterly screwed which Im happy about. Im sure they will buy a big name in January, perhaps Upamacano. Else they won't finish top 4 this year.

I'm not sure we'll be struggling for top 4 if we don't buy but we certainly won't win the title. I imagine the wheels are already turning on a new signing anyway

ChelseaChelsea68

Supports
Chelsea
So as the Premier League started in 1992, it’s not a bad run, 2020 and this is the first time any team has had any players injured. I’m sure the media won’t go on & on about the unfortunate Dippers.
We’ve all been here but of course it will be worse because it Livervar, it’s not their fault.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

When does this big collapse start mate? I'm still waiting!
They had the mad Villa game and have beaten Chelsea away and already seen off two of their toughest away games in Everton and City with draws.

Don't be seduced by them only being third and one point off top. In real terms they're well on target for another league.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
More than likely. We saw how far ahead of everyone else they were last season. Their solid midfield and brilliant attack may cover an injury-hit defence if no-one steps up to challenge them and it looks like that so far.
They probably still need Mane or Salah to either get injured or drop off massively in form for this big collapse a few hopeful types seem to expect.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
When does this big collapse start mate? I'm still waiting!
They had the mad Villa game and have beaten Chelsea away and already seen off two of their toughest away games in Everton and City with draws.

Don't be seduced by them only being third and one point off top. In real terms they're well on target for another league.
It will be impossible for them to play the high energy high line game without VVD and Gomez, and they dont have suitable replacements. Teams will be emboldened to attack Liverpool way more now, which will lead to domino effect injuries higher up the pitch as midfield and front 3 will have to work harder and run more.

We know ourselves what its like not to have enough decent centre backs from last year. It catches up with you very quickly because the only guys you have quickly get over played and tired, leading to mistakes, and when you eventually rotate, you lower your quality and hence more mistakes. Liverpool now have to start with Matip and ?? and that's first XI! What about rotation?? Perhaps Fabiano or another midfielder can be re-purposed, but that wont provide a faultless replacement.

Last edited:

Red00012

3 pages in just under a year and a half , 5 pages in a week and he’s kicked no ball.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It will be impossible for them to play the high energy high line game without VVD and Gomez, and they dont have suitable replacements. Teams will be emboldened to attack Liverpool way more now, which will lead to domino effect injuries higher up the pitch as midfield and front 3 will have to work harder and run more.

We know ourselves what its like not to have enough decent centre backs from last year. It catches up with you very quickly because the only guys you have quickly get over played and tired, leading to mistakes, and when you eventually rotate, you lower your quality and hence more mistakes. Liverpool now have to start with Matic and ?? and that's first XI! What about rotation?? Perhaps Fabiano or another midfielder can be re-purposed, but that wont provide a faultless replacement.
I reckon even if they played Matic in there they'd still have enough to win it :)

Obviously I hope you're right.
Even better if someone other than City win it too!

I'd even take Tottenham and some of thier "Arsenal-esque" supporter base giving it loads to stop Liverpool!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I reckon even if they played Matic in there they'd still have enough to win it :)

Obviously I hope you're right.
Even better if someone other than City win it too!

I'd even take Tottenham and some of thier "Arsenal-esque" supporter base giving it loads to stop Liverpool!
Obviously I meant Matip, auto correct is bloody annoying!
Yeah, it will be interesting to see how this evolves.

I reckon they will buy big in January.

Real Name

Him being injured is one more big problem which means they won't win the league at a canter. Obviously they're still favorites but problems keep mounting for them. Poster said this isn't a real state. Well it is, table us what it is and they're not running away with it like last year.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
So as the Premier League started in 1992, it’s not a bad run, 2020 and this is the first time any team has had any players injured. I’m sure the media won’t go on & on about the unfortunate Dippers.
We’ve all been here but of course it will be worse because it Livervar, it’s not their fault.
Grow the feck up.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Trent gets a lot of stick but my word, he's having an absolutely shocking season.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He's wank (who in the backline isn't?) - can see him moving away from Anfield to try and rebuild his career somewhat.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Trent gets a lot of stick but my word, he's having an absolutely shocking season.
He's really struggled to get back to his former level after so many long injuries.

He can have a good game one week, but there is always a howler in him right now. Still only 25, I think he has time to recover, but my word. We really really miss Konate.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's really struggled to get back to his former level after so many long injuries.

He can have a good game one week, but there is always a howler in him right now. Still only 25, I think he has time to recover, but my word. We really really miss Konate.
I think like @The Corinthian says, he needs to leave. Konate is definitely a big miss. You need a huge rebuild, it could be back to those rocky years before Klopp took over.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Yea, I think it's a big rebuild job required at Liverpool, and I'm not sure Klopp has the stomach for it.