Joe Rogan

neverdie

Which assumes that some third party can determine the value a worker brings to a company and what he/she should be paid to compensate for it.
No it doesn't. It merely presupposes that the employer can afford to maintain employees and make a profit (surplus value). That is the exploitation of the market in a nutshell and it's beyond dispute. When Peterson and others say that companies don't exploit their workers, they mean that they do not exploit them beyond the realms of their contractual agreements. Two different frames of reference. Peterson's is a moral/pseudo-psychological argument; Marx's is a very basic economic fact.

You wouldn't employ someone and pay them more than you, because then you would be their employee. You wouldn't employ someone and pay them the same as you, because then you would not be in a position to employ in the first place. It would be a cooperative, setting aside exceptions which prove the rule whereby startups may eat into unforeseen expenditures short-term and the entrepreneur has to cover the costs to realize long-term profit.

Tarrou

whats all this good stuff that Peterson's done? His self-help books were just rehashed ideas we’ve seen before

has he made any meaningful impact to science?

I know im biased because I don’t like him, but I’d be interested to know from people who like him

Halftrack

whats all this good stuff that Peterson's done? His self-help books were just rehashed ideas we’ve seen before

I know im biased because I don’t like him, but I’d be interested to know from people who like him
He wrote about how women are the chaos dragon and men are order or something. Also he thinks women have an unfair advantage over men in arguments because men aren't allowed to hit them. Then there's his view that women are partially to blame for being sexually harassed because they wear make-up.

Wait, those are all bad. Oh well

In other news, the cultural marxists took too long in getting him fired, so ol' JorP went ahead and fired himself

So much for the intolerant left.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

He’s an absolute melt. He has great premises but awful narratives and delivery. Ironically this describes Rogans stand up too.

He takes already settled upon principles, adds a little, then walks you into a place of madness as he’s such a compelling speaker.

He’s featherweight and nothing he says stands up to the slightest scrutiny.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
In other news, the cultural marxists took too long in getting him fired, so ol' JorP went ahead and fired himself

So much for the intolerant left.
He’s such an insufferable gonad.

He reeks of insecurity and it’s a crying shame that there are a generation of idiots that want to be told that their discomfort is a product of ‘others’ involvement.

Maron said it best: “Joe Rogan and his monoculture of free thinkers”.

That whole sect of grifters are all described with the same phrase. They’re all “What dumb people think smart people are”. They’re a toxic band of succubi.

The final irony… Rogans best ever premise was “Dumb people are out-Fcuking the smart people. The world is getting dumber as we make idiots faster than we make geniuses”. His podcast wealth is a result of halfwits. Not smart people.

Conor

I think he's one of those typical right leaning grifters, in that he will start off a topic by making some really basic points that most people find it very hard to disagree with, then continue down the road once he has all the idiots thinking he talks sense. That leads them to this suggestion that a lot of the stuff he says is good.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll

This is the guy you choose to love nimic, really?

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

Him (among others) rode the whole "anti-SJW" "anti-PC" wave that started around 10 years ago and while twitter venom like "Kill all men" should rightfully be ridiculed this whole idea that femists and "cultural marxists" (whatever feck that means) are secretly trying to take over the world and undermine white men is just completely bonkers.

The problem is, there is A LOT of people who believe that shite, many of whom never even have heard of Peterson. I guess its a mix of massive entitlement, delusion and the internet, but it seems an awful lot of people needs someone else to blame for their own misfortunes, so they are in desperate need of someone/something to blame and thats what toxic twats like Peterson gives them

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He’s an absolute melt. He has great premises but awful narratives and delivery. Ironically this describes Rogans stand up too.

He takes already settled upon principles, adds a little, then walks you into a place of madness as he’s such a compelling speaker.

He’s featherweight and nothing he says stands up to the slightest scrutiny.
Ha! Very good! And true.

Suv666

Joe Rogan and J Peterson would not have been a thing if the evil cnuts at YouTube didn't promote them so much.

Feck YouTube

Amarsdd

We've still got the Graham Hancock, Matthew Kelly and Paul Stamets episodes. The good times.
my first memories of listening to the Joe Rogan podcast is Graham Hancock and him talking about Gobekli Tepe and what not.

NotThatSoph

To the surprise of no one, Peterson comes out as a Randian (it's not a revelation, he has borrowed heavily from the trash heap that is Stephen Hicks's *Explaining Postmodernism* before). What a fecking idiot, any talk about how he has to be intelligent because he has a phd should stop here. Rogan is the perfect mark for objectivism as well, so if they get into that on the podcast i'll be hilarious.

ExoduS

What are valid/good sources around this place? Been a part of redcafe.com since 2006 and just realized that the crowd here is equivalent to reddit. Who is good alternative to Joe Rogan that I should watch?

Tarrou

What are valid/good sources around this place? Been a part of redcafe.com since 2006 and just realized that the crowd here is equivalent to reddit. Who is good alternative to Joe Rogan that I should watch?
I can't speak for anyone else but it comes to Covid or anything medical a peer-reviewed double-blind randomised trial would be ideal

this obviously isn't always feasible, and sometimes we have to make do with less

But I'd expect the information to come from a medical professional at the very least.. but just one medical professional alone is a pretty crap source in my opinion

what's the point of listening to Rogan or any 'influencer' about this stuff? he knows as much as me or you, which is basically feckall

ExoduS

I can't speak for anyone else but it comes to Covid or anything medical a peer-reviewed double-blind randomised trial would be ideal

this obviously isn't always feasible, and sometimes we have to make do with less

But I'd expect the information to come from a medical professional at the very least.. but just one medical professional alone is a pretty crap source in my opinion

what's the point of listening to Rogan or any 'influencer' about this stuff? he knows as much as me or you, which is basically feckall
Absolutely agree. It seems Joe Rogs is being taken too seriously. His podcast is about entertainment, not about information. Anyone who goes there for factual information is gonna be left empty. I see on reddit and here too that he is getting a lot of hate and it all stems from COVID vaccines. I mean this is the same guy who was questioning moon landing about 10 years ago and no one cared really. I understand that the health issue is bigger than moon landing, however in my humble opinion most people make up their mind and then look for the evidence that supports the conclusion they came up with using intuition or coin flip approach.

I have no clue if Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson are legit, but loved podcasts with them on Joe Rogan. It was interesting and entertaining.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Absolutely agree. It seems Joe Rogs is being taken too seriously. His podcast is about entertainment, not about information. Anyone who goes there for factual information is gonna be left empty. I see on reddit and here too that he is getting a lot of hate and it all stems from COVID vaccines. I mean this is the same guy who was questioning moon landing about 10 years ago and no one cared really. I understand that the health issue is bigger than moon landing, however in my humble opinion most people make up their mind and then look for the evidence that supports the conclusion they came up with using intuition or coin flip approach.

I have no clue if Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson are legit, but loved podcasts with them on Joe Rogan. It was interesting and entertaining.
You seem to like Djokovic even though he is a complete douchebag when it comes to covid. Are you vaccinated?

Charlie Foley

“redcafe.com” what the feck is going on :lol: :lol:

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Has anyone seen his podcast with Dr Robert Epstein recently?

This guy has to be the biggest prick on planet earth. Please tell me someone else has watched this shit

slyadams

Which assumes that some third party can determine the value a worker brings to a company and what he/she should be paid to compensate for it.
If a company cannot quantify things like this then they'll go out of business.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
So how many on here have actually read 12 rules for life? Not the quora post but the actual book. Just wondering.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Peterson is gonna be on one in this Rogan podcast.

He's been extra edgy recently on social media and I feel like he's consciously trying to culminate that edginess in this appearance on Rogan.

His main character syndrome is currently though the roof - and I say this as someone who likes the guy.

Yes that's right I said it. I like the guy. What of it