Joe Rogan

fergieisold

But what on earth did you talk about "presumably many artists identify as an artist of their particular gender" for when gender identity isn't relevant? Is it peak wokeness to not give out Nobel prizes for men and women as well?

If anything having separate categories for men and women where physiology doesn't mandate it is what usually gets attacked as woke, now not doing it is woke as well.
You don’t think gender is relevant in someone’s experience of life and the music they make?

NotThatSoph

You don’t think gender is relevant in someone’s experience of life and the music they make?
Sure it is, lots of things are relevant. Age, nationality, class, wealth, family relations, culture, personal relationships, taste, a million other things.

What's your point?

NotThatSoph

My point would be that out of all the variables gender is likely one of the most important.
That's crazy weird, but still, even if out of all the things that make people artists gender is the most important thing, what's your point? What does this have to do with peak wokeness?

fergieisold

That's crazy weird, but still, even if out of all the things that make people artists gender is the most important thing, what's your point? What does this have to do with peak wokeness?
I said one of the most important things. Influential might be a better word. In terms of wokeness I just see the removal of a gendered award as a step towards removing any sort of positive and interesting differences.

From all the things you listed...why not ageless, or a lack of a nationality, or culture less?

NotThatSoph

I said one of the most important things. Influential might be a better word. In terms of wokeness I just see the removal of a gendered award as a step towards removing any sort of positive and interesting differences.

From all the things you listed...why not ageless, or a lack of a nationality, or culture less?
I don't understand your questions, what are you talking about?

What about this, though. Instead of just having a fight between peak wokeness and the status quo we could try to move towards anti-wokeness. Instead of Female Artist of the Year we could do White Female Artist born in the 80s by parents in the Middle Class from London who listened to Sondheim growing up and had Friends in the Music Industry.

Some evil tongues would joke about you arguing for intersectionality.

fergieisold

I don't understand your questions, what are you talking about?

What about this, though. Instead of just having a fight between peak wokeness and the status quo we could try to move towards anti-wokeness. Instead of Female Artist of the Year we could do White Female Artist born in the 80s by parents in the Middle Class from London who listened to Sondheim growing up and had Friends in the Music Industry.

Some evil tongues would joke about you arguing for intersectionality.
I’m really just arguing for maintaining gender as a thing...I’m not in support of an ever increasing number of specific categories.

NotThatSoph

I’m really just arguing for maintaining gender as a thing...I’m not in support of an ever increasing number of specific categories.
Why not? Why is it woke to talk about the best artist, great to talk about the best men and women separately, but not great to divide it further?

It seems pretty crazy to me that it's woke to talk about who's the best, but it's even more crazy to me that the sweet spot is just who's the best woman and man.

fergieisold

Why not? Why is it woke to talk about the best artist, great to talk about the best men and women separately, but not great to divide it further?

It seems pretty crazy to me that it's woke to talk about who's the best, but it's even more crazy to me that the sweet spot is just who's the best woman and man.
I think it’s up to the artists tbf. My personal opinion as a rather poor bedroom guitarist doesn’t really matter I guess.

I actually don’t know what the artist sentiment is about the idea of genderless awards. Does that mean there’s half the amount to go around?!

NotThatSoph

I think it’s up to the artists tbf. My personal opinion as a rather poor bedroom guitarist doesn’t really matter I guess.

I actually don’t know what the artist sentiment is about the idea of genderless awards. Does that mean there’s half the amount to go around?!
Yes, it means that there's half the amount, because the half of two is one. Again, giving out more awards is what's usually attacked as woke. Now more awards is anti-woke.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I think he is yes. I find it difficult to write a person off for saying dumb shit at some point. If he really was genuinely racist that would be different.

Does merely saying some prejudiced or racist things at some point in the past make someone a racist? I find that a hard conclusion to come too.
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands." Douglas Adams

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands." Douglas Adams
As usual Adams uses 50 words when 10 will suffice and I will forever prefer it that way.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just found about about the rumour he's actually around 5'1"-5'3".
Apparently he's been lying about his height, saying he's between 5'7"-5'9", which has differed on different occasions.

I thought others might want to know this.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Wait, he's 5" shorter than me? :lol:
I had a quick Google and there's loads of stories of encounters with him suggesting that he's definitely a super short arse, which is fine, but it's funny considering he lies about it. One fella on Reddit talked of walking behind him and clearly looking down on to his baldy head. Said fella is 5'5".

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I had a quick Google and there's loads of stories of encounters with him suggesting that he's definitely a super short arse, which is fine, but it's funny considering he lies about it. One fella on Reddit talked of walking behind him and clearly looking down on to his baldy head. Said fella is 5'5".
Hasbulla would have a chance in a fight with him so :lol:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Just found about about the rumour he's actually around 5'1"-5'3".
Apparently he's been lying about his height, saying he's between 5'7"-5'9", which has differed on different occasions.

I thought others might want to know this.
...does it matter? Of all the reasons to think this guy is a gimp, being insecure about his height doesn't strike me as a particularly relevant one.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
...does it matter? Of all the reasons to think this guy is a gimp, being insecure about his height doesn't strike me as a particularly relevant one.
Did you just ignore the following post or what? It’s funny because he’s a bellend and he’s been lying about his height, not because he’s short.

TwoSheds

Did you just ignore the following post or what? It’s funny because he’s a bellend and he’s been lying about his height, not because he’s short.
Because he's insecure about his height... presumably because people like you take the piss out of him for it...

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Mike Baker is amazing.

He's so exceptional at talking without saying anything that I'd go so far as to call him an artist.

I love it.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
So we're laughing at short people now? What's next, obesity? Great thread this..

TwoSheds

:lol: did you just lie twice? I’m sure Joe appreciate you coming to his rescue.

Just wait til you find out my thoughts on combovers.
Now combovers might be more relevant to my interests tbf. Anyway, I find the air time flattering and I'll let you know when Spotify sign me up, but I think this is as much effort as I could put into a Joe Rogan thread for one day.

Conor

Because he's insecure about his height... presumably because people like you take the piss out of him for it...
Massively lying about your height is hilarious, not sure why that is in question?

Massively lying about your height is hilarious, not sure why that is in question?
Shit idea of “hilarious”, bet you’re a funny cnut at parties.

Not sure why so many people desperately love to get their knickers in a twist with people they don’t know. Rogan’s a bit of a tit, bit of a meathead, bit stupid at times, has also occasionally has some very good interviews on his shows, and as John Stewart said, he’s also open to being wrong.
He’s simply what a large portion of humanity is, flawed, but too many can’t accept that any longer, it’s almost like some houllier than thou religious bollocks.

Dan_F

He’s quite clearly not just over 5 foot :lol: Loads of lighterweight fighters would be absolutely towering over him and that’s not the case, apart from the photoshopped images.