Joel Glazer sets fan forum date (4th June)

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
This is going to be held online right?

I obviously understand why, but it's a shame in a way that it's not an in-person event.

pascell

According to reports they tried to convince Ed to stay, but he wanted out.

We just restructured the club to the new DOF setup, should we not maybe give it a chance to see how it can work? It seems to build on the changed direction from when we initiated the Transfer committee in the summer of Mou's final season, which most people believe was a positive change, that our transfers from then on over all has become better than they were in the years before. Now they are supposedly given even more time and power to work to improve our scouting and long-term squad management. Murtough might not have been a name we knew very well, cause he's not a former pro player, but that doesn't mean he isn't a football person fit to do this role. I'd much rather want his 10+ year experience including head of PL Elite Performance, than a former player who's work since has either been as a Pundit or 2 years learning the trade in a role like perhaps Fletcher is doing now.
Even at that Woodward has reportedly said he feels he might have jumped to the decision too hastily.

jackal&hyde

This will be funny.

"Mr. Joel, Fred isn't that good, we need a midfielder".
"We have a player named Fred ?".
Thanks for coming Joel. Now feck off.
RedCafe not good enough for ya ? !
Fix the roof, bellend.
If it’s a virtual meeting I predict his Zoom connection will fail
Joel's first real test?
You have to question why Pogba isn't hosting this event.
Announce Sancho
:lol: :lol: :lol:

In fairness to the man, he is a cnut that cares as much about football in general and Manchester United in particular as I care about American Sports. Thing is though, this is unprecedented for him/ them and after the fall out of the ESL plus us being closer to the title then ever since SAF, I can see this being an honest opportunity for them to change tactics and be more involved.

At the very least I feel this will be a summer of massive spending.

Glazers Out!

The poster I quoted said that what should be said at the meeting is "50+1 and Glazers Out."

Makes no sense
You offer options, not ultimatums.

50 + 1 or Glazers Out!

You don't meekly just say, please improve the stadium when face to face with Joel Glazer at the fan forum after saying Glazer's Out/50 + 1 everywhere else.

Le Red

That's what it needs though, I don't want no loose cannons meeting with Joel, I want the meeting to be productive and beneficial.

They'll be from MUST and they know what needs to be said and done in a professional manner too.
Screw these MUST sellouts. They have sold themselves to the Glazers years ago if you haven't noticed. Or maybe you are with them given this cringy propaganda you just put out.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In fairness to the man, he is a cnut that cares as much about football in general and Manchester United in particular as I care about American Sports. Thing is though, this is unprecedented for him/ them and after the fall out of the ESL plus us being closer to the title then ever since SAF, I can see this being an honest opportunity for them to change tactics and be more involved.

At the very least I feel this will be a summer of massive spending.
If that happens i'll be amazed.

It's a PR exercise from Joel. Questions in advance and scripted answers that deflect blame and fudge the truth.

I bet he's delighted Covid gives him the excuse of doing this over video link.

Nothing will change after this meeting. United will sign Danny Ings and what ever other bargain basement dross they can scrape together.

TheRedHearted

He's brave doing that if he actually goes. It will probably be a careful selected group of fans anyway though.
it should consist of some of the large YouTube perspnslities, someone from tifo football (fans that are educated with numbers and not just emotions) but also educated unknowns imo.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Screw these MUST sellouts. They have sold themselves to the Glazers years ago if you haven't noticed. Or maybe you are with them given this cringy propaganda you just put out.
I haven't noticed - so when exactly do you alledge that MUST 'sold themselves to the Glazers' ?

stw2022

We’ll have spent big and announced an ambitious stadium regeneration plan (over the next 5 years) by the time of this meeting

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I haven't noticed - so when exactly do you alledge that MUST 'sold themselves to the Glazers' ?
To be fair, they've been acting high-and-mighty for years because they got to talk to Mr Billy-big-bollocks Woodward and they definitely think of themselves of some sort of appointment representatives of the fans.

They've been quite dismissive of fan channels, for example, and as much as people hate them, I don't think MUST are some sort of better fans.

So I can see why people would call them hypocrites when for years MUST have been propping the Glazers regime since they got exclusive access although they got nothing done with that access, except bragging rights.

Dante

Average bang
Guaranteed to have a big transfer lined up for the 4th. Possibly Sancho, given all the leg work we've already put into it for the last 12 months.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
It's going to be really interesting to see how this is actually put together and what questions and answers we get. Though I can see it being very tightly controlled, and little of actual concern addressed directly, with Joel throwing out some PR words about wanting to see us win the premier league again.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
To be fair, they've been acting high-and-mighty for years because they got to talk to Mr Billy-big-bollocks Woodward and they definitely think of themselves of some sort of appointment representatives of the fans.

They've been quite dismissive of fan channels, for example, and as much as people hate them, I don't think MUST are some sort of better fans.

So I can see why people would call them hypocrites when for years MUST have been propping the Glazers regime since they got exclusive access although they got nothing done with that access, except bragging rights.
I had been critical of MUST in the past but I actually think they have done much better for the fans in recent years by working the club rather than fighting against them like in the past - they were a big part of the safe standing campaign for example, has also been big wins on ticketing with discounted youth tickets etc

They are the biggest fan group so have as much right as any to claim to represent the fans - but as mentioned previously, they have only 1 seat of 11 on the Fans Forum so many different groups are represented

Last edited:

Yakuza_devils

Demand to change manager with modern entertaining attacking system for a world biggest club.

Nori-

No trophies in 4 years, No Prem title since Fergie left, a stadium falling apart, a manager who is out of his depth, the owners leading attempts to create a super league etc

If they were forced to answer the question we want answered, the forum would last a week.

A controlled effort to win over some fans. Feck off Glazers.

Crustanoid

Let’s hear what the parasitic leech has to say about turning our fortunes around

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Whoever ends up in this meeting best tell him straight, we will never be successful again when we have a bunch of clowns running the club! We always drag transfers on and then when it comes close to the end of the window we panic and buy someone we don’t need!

RedDevilRoshi

Chances of him pulling out last minute now and getting one of his puppet mouthpieces to attend on his behalf?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
So this is tomorrow, yeah? What bullshit are we expecting to hear?
Buzzwords galore.

"Open a clear channel of communication where we can reach out to the fans."

"There will be recruitment but we are in unprecedented financial times..."

"There is a plan in place for stadium repairs..."

kode

strange i was hopping/expecting we would have signed a big player by now to make it look like they are ready to spend

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Do people want a constructive forum or do people want a bunch of angry fans asking loaded questions?

laughtersassassin

Do people want a constructive forum or do people want a bunch of angry fans asking loaded questions?
A bit of both. They can't go easy on him.

Let be honest they won't have good answers for anything in the past really.

Let's only hope the answers for the future aren't blatant lies

Roane

Everyone is focussed on Joel but the biggest problem will be the people asking the questions.

I spent decades setting up community fora for local govt schemes and the most vocal become all "professional" in meetings with officials. If anyone has seen eddie Murphy's stand up it's basically his mate in court type of thing.

That said I hope Joel is honest. If people say are you selling the club he should tell them to feck off and stop wasting questions. If they say why didn't you buy Sancho for 120m same response or this ain't Monopoly money son type of thing.

Repairs to OT and future plans and what they have in mind is fair enough questions. Even the ESL and wtf were you thinking fine. Ole and his future fair enough, albeit he would probably want to discuss that with Ole first rather than Ole hearing it in this meeting.

Red00012

Everyone is focussed on Joel but the biggest problem will be the people asking the questions.

I spent decades setting up community fora for local govt schemes and the most vocal become all "professional" in meetings with officials. If anyone has seen eddie Murphy's stand up it's basically his mate in court type of thing.

That said I hope Joel is honest. If people say are you selling the club he should tell them to feck off and stop wasting questions. If they say why didn't you buy Sancho for 120m same response or this ain't Monopoly money son type of thing.

Repairs to OT and future plans and what they have in mind is fair enough questions. Even the ESL and wtf were you thinking fine. Ole and his future fair enough, albeit he would probably want to discuss that with Ole first rather than Ole hearing it in this meeting.
“ Who is this Ol fella you speak about ?”

Crustanoid

He can basically say anything, and once the meeting is over, go back on it. 'I'll spend some money, we want the club to do well, we'll listen more to the fans etc.' I imagine once he hits the end call button on the zoom he'll be grinning and flipping hos finger at the screen.

stw2022

Stadium regeneration should be top of the list.

We've thrown good money after bad at the team so I don't see how criticism in that regard can stick but the neglect of the stadium has been a disgrace.

Flying high

I hope the debt is thoroughly discussed. It's only there because of how they took over the club. Any additional spending to appease the fans simply adds to the debt of the club.

If they want to get fans onside, then they need to put in their own money, or sell shares to clear the debt, not line their own pockets like the last 16 years.