Joey Barton - ex manager - wannabe podcaster

Paddymcc

Well that's what I was wondering. The level of anger directed at Neville in that tweet is ridiculously disproportionate. It seems fuelled in some way.
Probably because it's an ex-pro saying it. He probably thinks everyone has the same view as himself... Right?

Hilarious watching his meltdown from the outside thinking he's some sort of alpha male saviour.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
i simply don’t have enough information to form an opinion on him. if cps couldn’t find him guilty, then why doesn’t he deserve a second (hundredth) chance?
:lol: A certain young footballer should correct his behaviour unless he wants to end up like Barton in later life

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Unbelievable that he's reposted that himself.

No surprise that he started a new podcast in December, coinciding with this weird **** thing he's trying to build up.

90 + 5min

Not that I actually care but this guy looks like he needs big help from those who knows what his problem is. He is fighting against world and picking up fights everywhere on social media.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He really is trying to be the Andrew Tate of ex footballers.

Honestly think that Barton knows better. It is a bit. He is trying to monazite controversy because he knows he has no future in management or punditry.
What does it say about society that people see this as a way to get rich?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yup, reposted to his own page. I'm not sure if he's done it in a "wink wink you all know what I'm doing" kind of way or if it's because he has got zero sense of humour and thinks the video wasn't taking the piss out of old guard dickheads like himself.

Withnail

Oh he's got Matt Let Tissier backing him up and is banging on about the Covid vaccination.

All we need now is some input from that cnut Laurence Fox.

Ady87

His content is permeating other socials now and I’m struggling not to make generalisations and assumptions about those in agreement (both male and female). Don’t read the comments, it’s not good for your mental health.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Oh he's got Matt Let Tissier backing him up and is banging on about the Covid vaccination.

All we need now is some input from that cnut Laurence Fox.

Knowing Le Tissier he probably thought Barton was sarcastically insulting him with that reply.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Footballer with appalling reputation says some outrageous things.
Internet goes mad.
Footballer then sets up his own podcast as well as appearing on many others to gain views.
Furious internet people listen in gagging to be offended.
Footballer cains the money in.

Quite simple business plan he's got here.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
No, you report posts like that not retweet them.
There's no point Lambs, I reported one filled with hate and bigotry aimed and Adam Crafton the other day, got an email back from X saying this is fine, move on.

Anything goes on there now.

Jericholyte2

The talk of gammon bingo is right, they all seem to have the same, single side of A4 (size 48 font) with all their ‘viable’ points:
- cancelled
- woke
- mob/blob etc
- silent majority
- far-left

Those those who complain about the ‘snowflake generation’ they sure do know how to play the faux victim card!

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
There's no point Lambs, I reported one filled with hate and bigotry aimed and Adam Crafton the other day, got an email back from X saying this is fine, move on.

Anything goes on there now.
It does sometimes stick, it's like the blocking feature doesn't actually always work.

The more people report though, the more the account is flagged. That's better than nothing at least.

RedNome

It does sometimes stick, it's like the blocking feature doesn't actually always work.

The more people report though, the more the account is flagged. That's better than nothing at least.
TBF you might be right went back to find the tweet and it was still there but kind of hidden, so maybe there were more reports that clicked an algo or something, still since the prick took over things ain't what they used to be on there, just gotta look at how they stack the blue tick brigade at the top of the replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Agreed, and this is the issue and something of the elephant in the room. That only leads to a section of supporters who actually support what Barton is saying.

Punditry is weird as it's almost become an entertainment piece now rather than adding value to the debate. Micah Richards laughing while adding no value. Roy Keane being a rent-a-quote caricature of himself.

There are some really decent people out there on various pods who can't get a break on the telly because we have "positive" discrimination of really low quality female pundits. Barton isn't one of them though.

You can also share that view without being a misogynistic moron.
Yea, positive discrimination in favour of women is the reason we have to put up with low quality shit pundits like Micah Richards.

Wait….

Semigoodlookin

Unless is wife and kids are thundercunts too, imagine your husband/father going down this road.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
TBF you might be right went back to find the tweet and it was still there but kind of hidden, so maybe there were more reports that clicked an algo or something, still since the prick took over things ain't what they used to be on there, just gotta look at how they stack the blue tick brigade at the top of the replies.
Oh 100% it's a cesspool even worse than it used to be.

But bans do still work, I've had two successful reports over the past couple of months and I barely ever report I mostly just block.

RedNome

Unless is wife and kids are thundercunts too, imagine your husband/father going down this road.
Going by the rest of his family I reckon there's a good chance they are all as scummy as him, bunch of wannabe gangsters and a blight on the area.

Cloud7

At first it just seemed like seething anger, like his response to ITV’s response to him, but now it seems like he’s crossed over into mental breakdown territory. That response to that German team is really telling. The most recent posts I’m seeing on here kinda vaguely remind me of Kanye when he was melting down

Garnacho's Shoelaces

Yeah Aluko being a shit pundit isn't the issue and not an elephant in the room. She's a shit pundit because she's a shit pundit, not because she's a woman.

You've just listed two male pundits who you don't rate then go on to say decent people don't get chance due to positive discrimination of low quality female pundits. You see where you've gone wrong here right?
The two male pundits preceded the current hiring strategies to be fair. It's quite foreseeable that before Micah or Keane had a "brand" and a following that the likes of Aluko or Jill Scott would get the nod ahead of them.

I didn't say she's a shit pundit because she's female. Don't make things up. I do believe she's been hired despite being a shit pundit because she's female though. Clear distinction. Please don't infer sexism. I'm actually highlighting what is a sexist policy against males.

Garnacho's Shoelaces

Yea, positive discrimination in favour of women is the reason we have to put up with low quality shit pundits like Micah Richards.

Wait….
They were around before current trend of female pundits being given a run on telly. Clear difference. Does Micah Richards get in ahead of Jill Scott if both up for same debut slot with no following/brand established?

Garnacho's Shoelaces

Are they ex-players at a high level with some name recognition, or just football enthusiasts who know their stuff?

If it's the latter they never will get that job. I've seen presenters with no connection to the game, but never a pundit. That's male or female.
Where do we equate the high level women's game to though? I like Nedum Onuoha as a pundit. Commonly on pods, rarely on telly, despite always giving a good insight.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006

I'd love it if that went terribly for him, but well, twitter I suppose.

Last edited:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Lawrence Fox is a shit stain on society, and he somehow stays just enough in the line to avoid going into full on hate speech, even though we all clearly know what he's saying. To me that shows he has at least one brain cell, because he doesn't just pour out words like "******" and what not.

Joey Barton has no brain cells. Joey Barton says these words. Joey Barton will probably be questioned by the police in the next few days if he keeps ranting like this.

Edit: thank feck there's an auto censor for that word.