g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Joey Barton - ex manager - wannabe podcaster

Garnacho's Shoelaces

I'm not sure what point you're making or what you intended this article to support but it's actually very interesting reading, the article itself shows the numbers reflect an almost non existent space for female commentators 5 years ago and that while the broadcasters are now embracing female commentators/pundits the % increase is also a reflection of more games being broadcast (particularly during lockdown) and more platforms broadcasting games. Screen time is rising significantly for both male and female commentators/pundits and there is still a noticeable disparity as highlighted on the full text you quoted "The number of females covering men’s games in either commentator or pundit capacity grew by 5650% from 2016/17 to 2020/21 (a mere 12 appearances to 690). In comparison, last season saw 2500 male commentators and pundits appear in all televised men’s games, a difference of 1810."
Guessing Covid had an impact on overall capacity too? Seem to remember every game being on TV then.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I really wonder how he thinks this is all going to end for him.

However, Aluko is among the worst people I've ever seen do any kind of punditry / commentary on TV. She's absolutely dreadful.
It's not because she's a woman though, it's because she's shit. Loads of shite pundits around.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Sky sports get the biggest idiots in the studio. Half of them sound like they've drank 2L of whiskey before going on air.
Soccer Saturday crew and Danny Sturridge being classic examples.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Everyone knows he's going the Katie Hopkins hate approach to generate a side career. Yet everyone's falling for it and getting all aggravated.

Ignore it and he'll go away,.

OverratedOpinion

I struggle to see how that could substantiate your claim. Unless you are totally disregarding the idea that there was significant gender based hiring prejudice in football until extremely recently.

Do you believe that the women who make up that 56% are definitely not women who would have been hired based on the same criteria as men who were hired in say 2014?

There may have been a correction in the formerly prejudice hiring practices. I am not sure how you can substantiate the idea that it's been an over correction leading to poor levels of pundits.

The poor levels of punditry is certainly not gendered in my opinion.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Everyone knows he's going the Katie Hopkins hate approach to generate a side career. Yet everyone's falling for it and getting all aggravated.

Keep seeing this. No.

He's not some nobody in the pub spouting nonsense that you can easily ignore, he's using his platform and spreading this vile, it's need to be shut down. He has over 2 million followers, a lot of them impressionable and a lot of them agree with what he's saying. Already seen someone in here argue and say with presumably a straight face, it's sexist towards men to hire females.

You don't ignore that, he needs to be called out by people within industry and rubbished. Anyone sane ignoring him is just burying their head in the sand, because unfortunately some people will believe the crap he spouts and the viewpoint becomes worse and worse.

He's talking about gender, but if used the same arguments for race for example (like many do and have done in the past), would you still be inclined to ignore it?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

I'm glad you've figured it out and all, but in case you didn't notice he has a huge following and a reach that was there well before he fecked up that interview and now has gone full misogynistic cnut because that's the only way his tiny brain works.

You ignore him all you like, but I won't. We should call out these pathetic "men" and go at the following for what they are.

That, or bury heads and pretend times have moved on.

The Purley King

If he couldn’t kick a ball very well he’d be that wanker in the pub starting on people for no reason and selling shitty coke whilst pretending to be someone from top boy.
His family are also clearly utter dirt.
Wish him the very worst of luck, he deserves it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The media and internet are giving too much air time to idiots and twats.

cyberman

Think his podcast could be entertaining.
It’ll go nowhere. Ted Cruz etc have podcasts that many don’t know about for a reason. Hes pissing off the majority of people who would go out of their way to listen to a podcast

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Keep seeing this. No.

He's not some nobody in the pub spouting nonsense that you can easily ignore, he's using his platform and spreading this vile, it's need to be shut down. He has over 2 million followers, a lot of them impressionable and a lot of them agree with what he's saying. Already seen someone in here argue and say with presumably a straight face, it's sexist towards men to hire females.

You don't ignore that, he needs to be called out by people within industry and rubbished. Anyone sane ignoring him is just burying their head in the sand, because unfortunately some people will believe the crap he spouts and the viewpoint becomes worse and worse.

He's talking about gender, but if used the same arguments for race for example (like many do and have done in the past), would you still be inclined to ignore it?
Don't agree with you at all, but we can disagree that's no problem.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
:lol:

What's his objection to GB news?
he said “many of the people you have on there are a stain on the country”. He’s also going at the Daily Mail and calling Elvis Presley a nonce.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Surely he can be in trouble for calling Vine a "bike nonce" repeatedly and suggesting he went to Epstein's Island?

It's been some 24hrs, one minute he's pulling down that shite GBnews, the next post is retweeting that braindead clown LeTissier :lol:

Last edited:

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
he said “many of the people you have on there are a stain on the country”. He’s also going at the Daily Mail and calling Elvis Presley a nonce.
Wtf

Wonder who he actually aligns himself with then

SteveCoppellFan

We need people like Barton to stir the pot from time to time, the UK is sterile enough as it is.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
What's up with the 'wannabe' podcaster in the thread title? Are podcasters a protected title? Surely anyone who podcasts is a podcaster?

SteveCoppellFan

You can "stir the pot" without being a nasty, misogynistic, woman beating, grifting scumbag though.
Each to their own i suppose.

He's never aimed any abuse towards me or anyone i know so why should i let what he says bother me ?

Herman Toothrot

Each to their own i suppose.

He's never aimed any abuse towards me or anyone i know so why should i let what he says bother me ?
Sure, but maybe a racist thug randomly calling people paedos online isn't a good thing. You'd think a Steve Coppell fan would be all too aware of this.