John Stones | Performances

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
50m and you'd think he can at least clear a ball properly.

You can buy half the people on the Caf for a tenner and any one of us could have cleared that ball out for a throw in.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I said he's fecking shit
And there's no caveats like 'oh, but he's young', 'oh, but he's good with the ball'; he is just not good enough for a side with aspirations of actually competing at the highest level. There is literally at the very least one mistake in him every single game.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Starting to lose faith in Stones, he's too soft. Might be ok in a back 3 with 2 good hard CB's beside him but himself and Otamendi are too soft when playing together.

saivet

Fourth goal was unlucky to be honest. Didn't see most of the match, but he was looking ropey again.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
of course he turns to shit after i defend him at HT...
You should just give up on him :lol: he is just shit and that's it, I am not sure if there's one defender in top teams in England that was continuosly making mistake after mistake like he does. And it's second season in a row that happens. You can't defend him(same as he can't defend, hehe).

Kostur

海尔的老板
There are literally no redeeming qualities to his game, average passing, no ability to defend, physically average if not shit, aerially absolutely fecking nothing.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Starting to lose faith in Stones, he's too soft. Might be ok in a back 3 with 2 good hard CB's beside him but himself and Otamendi are too soft when playing together.
He doesn't look like he knows what he is meant to do. Very confused

During the summer and his bad spell with Everton I always backed him. There is a very good player in there, but he is not being managed well at all

Koeman would have been perfect for him ironically

AndyJ1985

And there's no caveats like 'oh, but he's young', 'oh, but he's good with the ball'; he is just not good enough for a side with aspirations of actually competing at the highest level. There is literally at the very least one mistake in him every single game.
The whole "he's good with the ball at his feet" argument is so nonsensical I never understood it. A defenders primary job is to defend. If they can pass, dribble, run fast then great. But if they are shit at defending then what's the point?

Same goes for Bravo. Pep bought him because he's good with the ball at his feet. Fecking hell for a manager who is supposed to be world class, not recognising the key attributes of defenders and 'keepers is a serious flaw to have.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
To be fair they called him a brilliant ballplayer, and that last assist of his was quite something.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
50m.. Just let it sink in - fifty million pounds for that guy :lol:

padr81

Supports
Man City
He doesn't look like he knows what he is meant to do. Very confused

During the summer and his bad spell with Everton I always backed him. There is a very good player in there, but he is not being managed well at all

Koeman would have been perfect for him ironically
The funny thing is he came out and said Pep told him when necessary put the ball in row Z and he refuses to do it. It's not confusing, when theres space pass the ball when theres not boot it. Pep has stressed this, Stones even admitted it. I get the feeling he's trying too hard to impress but none of those things paper over how weak he actually is, I reckon my 10 year old who weighs 25kg could bully him.

Jacko21

He simply isn't learning. And for someone so cocksure, it's emberassing watching him play.

I thought he had the makings of a great player, now I'm not even sure if he's a defender.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
You should just give up on him :lol: he is just shit and that's it, I am not sure if there's one defender in top teams in England that was continuosly making mistake after mistake like he does. And it's second season in a row that happens. You can't defend him(same as he can't defend, hehe).
I couldnt care less about John Stones but it irritates me when people criticize for the sake of it like in first half even though he did nothing wrong at the time. Now when he was actually crap in the second half now i dont have any problems with people criticizing him.
Still think he is a good talent but now he isnt showing that for a long time and its starting to be a big problem which is good for us, there are number of things you can say in his defence but people dont care, his at City and they love to bash a high fee player, specially a player of a rival club.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
"every defender at City could be sold.......... Apart from John Stones"

Carragher just now. How is he being excepted?!

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Did Mourinho really offer £50M to take him to Chelsea last season ?
One could argue that Pep is using Stones wrong and under Mourinho he'd be a better player. Or even Mourinho didn't expect Stones to be so shit.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
"every defender at City could be sold.......... Apart from John Stones"

Carragher just now. How is he being excepted?!
Probably taking into consideration this performance and that nobody would actually want to buy him

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
:lol:

It's pathetic that that's probably it.
Seriously though, he needs an accomplished centre back to lead him and give him advice on the field. Someone who will actually lead him. Otamendi's a softie posing as a centre back. Maybe that's what Carragher means.