Jonathan Moss asked Pogba to stop taking the piss just because he tried Rainbow flick

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
This makes me wonder about who will referee in the Super League ? The likes of Moss :lol: ?
We might come to conclusion that grass is always greener in the end but you know it can´t be seriously any worse than this. The efs became too big and noone does anything with the outdated structure.

Wow! just remembered the other fat fecker Phil Dowd, I´d swear for some time they blend into one person with Moss in my mind. Similarly I had issues with Dean and Atkinson...

joeunited

Oh feck off.

What about when he told Bruno to calm down instead of talking to Burnley captain to calm his players down.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Would love to see us lodge a complaint, but the super league stuff is going to mean this gets totally ignored. It's a joke that a ref is deciding your allowed to foul a player because he didn't like what he was trying to do before that.

Red_Aaron

Moss is incompetent

Rashford megged Lowton ahead of the first goal then sent tarkowsky to the shop 15mins later

2 bookable offences right there he should've been off

Shimo

I kinda get what Moss was saying, that is, you are going to antagonize and get exactly what just happened happen.

What angers me most though is the linesman, he didn't even flag, that was a clear yellow and left it to Moss to give it, otherwise was happy to have Burnley play on.

Apokalips

Moss is incompetent

Rashford megged Lowton ahead of the first goal then sent tarkowsky to the shop 15mins later

2 bookable offences right there he should've been off
It's so ridiculous, football is supposed to be entertaining and players like Okocha, Neymar, Ronaldinho, etc. are the fun side of football. These skills make fans go "oooh", there is no excuse for a player retaliating with a foul or trying to hurt a player - that is what should be condemned! If anything, doing a rainbow flick is a creative way to get out of that situation, what is he supposed to do just run out of play or try and barrel through people?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Wasn't the rainbow flick attempt a different action? This one was next to the corner when he was holding off a player and the Burnley player just rammed into him.

Neymar

Not a peasant
Supports
Neymar & Messi
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but did anyone notice when he allowed Bruno to be clattered off the pitch, and then brought down 30 seconds later, and when Bruno tried to say something Moss just had a sheepish smile and tried to laugh it off. What a joke of a referee.

Also yeah this is what happened to Neymar in France and it was a disgrace then too. Can't be "too good" now :nervous:

Hoof the ball

The backwards logic of it is that showboating is somehow provoking the opposition, but to what end? If the opposition reacts to showboating by being aggressive and violent then that's on the opposition player for their lack of restraint, not Pogba or Neymar's momentary creativity.

Funny that you can't speak a thing to a referee in-game or post-game without there being fines or bans are repercussions, but referees have impunity from all manner of words and deeds that would otherwise certainly find a player in hot water.

Does that mean that Rashford should have gotten a verbal warning and/or yellow card for his elastico-flip flap vs Burnley, then?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The ESL will take the headlines but this is disgraceful imo.

Shielding the ball in stoppage time from thugs is ‘taking the piss’ now apparently.

Awful referee.
It wasn't for that, he tried a rainbow flick off a throw in about 10 seconds earlier.

Still mad for the ref to tell him what to do though, there's nothing in the rules that says you can't use skills/tricks.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I kinda get what Moss was saying, that is, you are going to antagonize and get exactly what just happened happen.

What angers me most though is the linesman, he didn't even flag, that was a clear yellow and left it to Moss to give it, otherwise was happy to have Burnley play on.
Moss isn't a dad looking after kids. He's there to ensure the rules of the game are followed.

Nothing stipulates a player can't spend the entire game rainbow flicking it over opponent's heads. The referee should impartially enforce the rules of the game and nothing else. What Moss did shows favoritism.

klayton88

I agree Moss is an embarrassment but I'm sure he's saying don't take the piss in relation to Pogba staying down and buying time rather than trying a trick.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Does that clip have sound picking up Moss saying don't take the piss?

Can't see it on this browser, and can't hear it on my phone?!

The Firestarter

We will only get the best referees in the Super League, with super salaries and 2 VAR rooms that will submit a vote with the referee if there is a difficult decision.
I guess this so called best referees have been waiting all their lives because they are certainly not working neither in the CL not the PL

Moonwalker

Still don't know what "taking the piss" even refers to.

Very familiar with this attitude that you shouldn't be showboating or even just holding up the ball for too long, because then you're just inviting righteous retribution. My father reminds me of this every time we get to watch a game together. Same category of opinion as "game is gone"; "what's he trying to prove with that haircut?"; "can't believe they allow them to wear different colored boots nowdays" and other archaic prejudices.

No turn up for the books if any ref turns out to have some ridiculous opinion of that sort, but I'm not even sure that's what it is and you can't tell from that clip.

dal

Pogba was well within his right to give him a bitch slap there.

The fat knuts meant to be impartial.

SwedishFish

And people talk down on Rooney.

Superb to stick up for our key man after an absolutely shocking tackle that could have snapped Ronaldo in half.
Love me a bit of Wazza. That tackle was shocking, it's a rare sight these days but around that era and before you'd see it almost every other game. Mental how time flies.

Coleyoscar

He waddles up to a gifted player who has just been hacked and berates him with "Don't take the piss". How classy is that?