José Mourinho | 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

Of course one liners are ridiculous but the thread that you are mentioning is about everyone that doesn't think like the thread instigators. If there is one problem in the United forum, it's the lack of tolerance from both extremes between the posters that are convinced that Mourinho is definitely the best and the ones that think that he is a monster there is no place for balanced conversations and unfortunately both sides can't accept that maybe there is a middle ground, maybe Mourinho in 2018 isn't what he was in 2008 and maybe he is a nice guy who sometimes make mistakes in terms of communication or man management. He isn't shit nor perfect nor a monster, so let us judge him on what he actually does and on what we hope he can realistically do in the future. No angelism and no demonization like we would with every other manager.
Good, well thought out post. Fair play.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Mourinho has said re: Valencia, if it has gotten to the stage where a manager can't say anything negative about his players at all without receiving some sort of backlash, then I'm not quite sure where football is heading. He also has a right to be pissed off, regardless of whether a player has won the WC or gone deep into the competition, if they truly believed in what Utd are trying to achieve, they would be coming back early to give their manager a dig out.

Whether this is due to Mourinho breaking down these relationships to that point is the cause is another matter, but you can see from his perspective why he is angry about it.
Taken without context, yeah a manager does have the right to criticise his player. But with Mourinho, it seems like he does this every other week. If it's not Woodward, it's his players. If not, it's the fans.

Coupled with the way the team plays, it's getting tiresome.

Gordon S

I will never figure out his need to go on a public rant everytime things go somewhat bad, it's like there is no filter as soon as his pulse goes up a bit. He's a grown man, he should be able to control himself.

Why does he give Woodward shit in public? Can't he just call him up and unleash a rant on the phone?

He says the game doesn't matter but he still seems very upset about it?
If the game doesn't matter, why was it so important that Martial rushed back instead of spending a couple of days with his newborn?

If the game doesn't matter, why does he seem pissed about Smalling not playing through pain? Why does he heap praise over Bailly playing despite not feeling fully fit? Why should any player play through pain in preseason?

We should consider letting Mckenna do these postmatch interviews in the future...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Feel like everything around the club has been getting more and more toxic. Season hasnt even started yet I feel like it's getting close to a breaking point with him. I'd be interested to see a poll right now but I'd bet that the majority of United fans would want him gone.
It's weird though, on the surface everyone at the club, player and coach-wise, looks to be really enjoying themselves and there seems to be a really positive atmosphere around the club. Our YouTube channel obviously wouldn't show negative stuff but from all the videos they've released of "behind the scenes" footage the dressing room seems to be very happy.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
The writing is on the wall for José. It's his third season here and he's looks more glum than ever. Let's not over think this, it's done. Done in the sense that we are just in a holding pattern for now. Whatever we were going to get from him has been gotten.

Yellow Black & Red

Supports
Watford
The back 3 was horrible. I hope United only use it very sparingly next season, the loss of a potential extra attacking player is often felt, especially in a side which is expected to win most games.

Fracture90

Frankly it's nothing short of fascinating how Mourinho has managed to split the fan base.

If it was only dogshiit football, I reckon people wouldn't mind it as much, but his antics and constant moaning is just too much to deal with.

SirAF

Ageist
Frankly it's nothing short of fascinating how Mourinho has managed to split the fan base.

If it was only dogshiit football, I reckon people wouldn't mind it as much, but his antics and constant moaning is just too much to deal with.
Look who is back! We have missed you.

0le

In terms of pre-season form its completely irrelevant, but no credible United fan wants to lose to Liverpool, no matter what is at stake.

His press conferences have been dire however, but I am not sure if this is a mind game to get the board to deliver certain targets.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'd rather not create another thread for this mildly amusing exercise, maybe there won't be any takers, but if you were a journo at a Jose press conference, what would you ask him and how would you phrase it or qualify it?

Yellow Black & Red

Supports
Watford
I'd rather not create another thread for this mildly amusing exercise, maybe there won't be any takers, but if you were a journo at a Jose press conference, what would you ask him and how would you phrase it or qualify it?
Are you actually this miserable all the time, or is your negativity mostly a tactic to help manage expectations in such a way that performances are subsequently more likely to exceed them than fall below them?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Are you actually this miserable all the time, or is your negativity mostly a tactic to help manage expectations in such a way that performances are subsequently more likely to exceed them than fall below them?
A good question though he'd likely cut you down with a one liner though. You could maybe get an answer to that by dressing that up nicer.

I'd like something along the lines of "how many players do you need in order to feel confident in competing for the league and the CL" or "what does it take in your view to restore United to where the fans want to see the club". If the board would comply with that he could then have absolutely no excuses. As it is, he can though.

lysglimt

Scout
Mourinho is a disgrace - his comments about the youngsters were a new low even for that moron. It puzzles me that there are people who actually defend him.

SirAF

Ageist
What did he say which is so horrible so Everybody is in panic here?
Not much, as per usual. People are just being soft. If you add in the anti-Mourinho crowd - who has been ready to pounce from day 1 then you are pretty much golden.

littlepeasoup

He could say blue is blue and day is day and he'd get hell for that..
It’s funny. It’s mostly the anti-Mourinho bunch that hang on his every word.

Being fairly apathetic myself, I stopped listening to what he had to say outside of games long before he joined United.

Devil may care

I think the football will improve this season as he can't park the bus, there's too many players clogging up the wheels under there to move it.

JMack1234

The comment about how he wouldn't of paid to watch the game was disgraceful.

I wouldn't of paid to watch Man Utd reserves in a pointless game nor would a lot of us who are lucky enough to live somewhere where we can easily get to Old Trafford. However, for the American fans who only get to see Man Utd play once every so often. For our manager to come out and say that is really out of order.

manutddjw

I wanted him here since I found out Fergie was leaving us. Listening to him speak about Manchester United when he was at other clubs gave the impression that he got our club and he had the pedigree and personality to deal with the expectations. I was never put off by his prick like behaviour either because people who are the best at what they do have that arrogance.

No idea what has happened to that Mourinho. He’s starting to remind me of Capello a serial winner who refused to adapt. Right down to the insistence that a target man in the box is the best way forward.

yamo123x

Jose looks a broken man. Maybe he realises he cant do it anymore given the pressure he is under, he has lost his right hand man Faria and this season is pivotable for him. His constant excuses and negativity is typical mourinho. Trying to clear himself of blame if the team falls short.
Remember for jose it is all about jose.

IhabX7

Of course one liners are ridiculous but the thread that you are mentioning is about everyone that doesn't think like the thread instigators. If there is one problem in the United forum, it's the lack of tolerance from both extremes between the posters that are convinced that Mourinho is definitely the best and the ones that think that he is a monster there is no place for balanced conversations and unfortunately both sides can't accept that maybe there is a middle ground, maybe Mourinho in 2018 isn't what he was in 2008 and maybe he is a nice guy who sometimes make mistakes in terms of communication or man management. He isn't shit nor perfect nor a monster, so let us judge him on what he actually does and on what we hope he can realistically do in the future. No angelism and no demonization like we would with every other manager.
Stop sitting on the fence to sound like you have a balanced opinion when the manager just shat on a bunch of our kids who dream to play for United.

Pscholes18

What a miserable sod he has become....maybe it's all an act but at what end? Feck off already.....bring in a motivated attack minded manager who wants to be here.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I have no great love for Mourinho but this stuff about the young players is being massively overstated. If they have anything about them at all, they will just see it as a challenge to be the type of player he wants them to be.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
The progress in 2 years under Mourinho has been largely extremely positive. The quality of the squad has certainly improved, the club is now selling unwanted players for decent money rather than giving them away and on the pitch the team has become much harder to beat. The football isn't great but that doesn't bother me much.
Sorry, extremely positive? How? We're not much closer to winning the league now than we were when Mourinho took over, and our football is not much better than under LVG. The entertainment value is terrible.

Dr. StrangeHate

Sorry, extremely positive? How? We're not much closer to winning the league now than we were when Mourinho took over, and our football is not much better than under LVG. The entertainment value is terrible.
The entertainment value is terrible no doubt, but no one expects us to be pushovers like we were under LVG or Moyes. This current Mourinho team would compete or win in all seasons after Fergie other than last year. No one expects us to win the league during the time Pep is here, he is just a better manager with a better team. I want Mourinho gone but we have undoubtedly progressed.

Eddy_JukeZ

I think the football will improve this season as he can't park the bus, there's too many players clogging up the wheels under there to move it.
Maybe it'll improve in general, but in the biggest games, Jose will still be Jose.

People expecting a change are silly. He is who he is. For better or worse. We just have to hope he gets us results.

Status
Not open for further replies.