José Mourinho | 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I personally don't think a new player will be the difference between a good and difficult season as he says. But he's within his right to complain.
Our approach to games and him getting the best out of what he has will be more important.

Kapardin

Jose said nothing wrong. City and Liverpool have great squads while Arsenal with a potentially deadly-if-arsed LMAO attack and their bargain bin signings under Emery are a dark horse/unknown quantity.

Jose was talking from the perspective of the aims we set - a title win or close challenge which is difficult for sure without signings.

AR87

Looking at Luckhurst's tweets... he's thrown in the towel already?
He's putting pressure on Woodward to get some business done before the window closes. That seems quite obvious to me and something not unique to Mourinho.

I actually would like Woodward to deliver 1 or 2 targets before the window shuts so that there are no excuses for Jose heading into the season. If we don't bring in anybody and our window is essentially just Dalot and Fred does anybody seriously think that'd be enough to push for the league even if Jose manages perfectly? I don't.

eams conway

We finished 19 points behind City yet we buy one player who will automatically start ? This is the way United is being ran . Woodward is a complete and utter clown! We should have all our new players in long ago so they are ready for the season start. Jose does do some amount of crying but at times he has a point. Back your manager or sack !

Axkiko

Bayern were 3 weeks behind of United preparation but they look much ready. I really hope this kind of negative football end in December when the bus driver gone.

klsv

Bayern were 3 weeks behind of United preparation but they look much ready. I really hope this kind of negative football end in December when the bus driver gone.
So you're hoping we're going to have a shit of a season? Clown.

Toad

I think we have gone a step back from last season, didn’t think we could :nervous:

Yes, preseason blah blah blah.

But no squad of players in the world would be able to look better than we are right now. If you are instructed to sit back in your own half for the whole game what chance do you honestly have? This counterattacking bollocks isn’t going to get us through the season.

It’s old fashioned, past it. Just like when my father in law calls an email a bloody letter.

AndyJ1985

The signs of a poor season where there in preseason with Van Gaal's second season..

Not necessarily the results. But the style of football and tactics which were a continuation of the past season.
The style of football is always the determining factor for me. I'm not arsed about pre season results, I'm arsed about team cohesion and style. We have neither.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
The style of football is always the determining factor for me. I'm not arsed about pre season results, I'm arsed about team cohesion and style. We have neither.
That is what scares me..

People can hide their heads in the sand..but it's not like the way we have been in preseason is some random outlier. It's how we played a large part of last season though.

SirAnderson

Really don't know where to put this so I'll just put it here.

I'm trying soo sooo hard to be optimistic for this season, but its so hard. Like a few have already said, it looks more like we going backwards than improving over the summer.

Really hope Jose can get his mojo of Porto back, cause it feels like we are the underdogs of the top 6 right now more than anything else.

K2K

Really don't know where to put this so I'll just put it here.

I'm trying soo sooo hard to be optimistic for this season, but its so hard. Like a few have already said, it looks more like we going backwards than improving over the summer.

Really hope Jose can get his mojo of Porto back, cause it feels like we are the underdogs of the top 6 right now more than anything else.
Set your expectations low.

It will hurt less.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I am not the most negative on here, but i cannot understand why they aren't trying to attack in pre season.
It's training, try to play good football.... I honestly think it's getting embarassing, and i have tried to defend Mourinho, or atleast to myself.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Zero ambition in a fecking friendly.

izec

I am not the most negative on here, but i cannot understand why they aren't trying to attack in pre season.
It's training, try to play good football.... I honestly think it's getting embarassing, and i have tried to defend Mourinho, or atleast to myself.
He clearly doesnt want to.Not even trying. He is happy with a draw in the big games, especially away from home

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I've been absolutely behind him and thought of him as the closest thing to Fergie. But ffs, this is absolutely terrible. Another season of this would be unbearable.

K2K

Right now I may come across as part of the "negative" bunch if I say I am not expecting anything lol. so I'll just say I hopefully of something...what that is, I have no clue.
You honestly shouldn't care what anyone says.

Make up your own mind based on what your eyes show you.

I have no personal vendetta against Jose tbh. In fact I have been a fan of his for years. But something happened to him at Madrid and it's obvious he is no longer the same manager.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We won't get close to a title under him, and we risk losing key players with him at the helm. I have a feeling this is his last season though. It is imperative that we get the next appointment right. Move heaven & earth for Pochettino or Zidane.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I was of the opinion that I was tired of changing managers and he had to be given time but his style of football is killing any enjoyment from watching United.

It is brutal stuff. I want him gone.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Bollocks......Bayern have started with training on July 2 and we did on July 9 :lol:
Honestly, even if United had started five weeks ahead of them, I can't see it really making a difference. This is just the way Mourinho's coaching. It's been like that since he first came in, bar the odd games here and there. It's not just Mourinho, the whole coaching staff has hardly shown an ability to improve the cohesion or consistency of the team over the years, so 7 days of difference in preparation is hardly the cause for such a disparity in quality.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Have we ever started a season with so much negativity? There has been optimism going into every season for as long as I can remember except this one.

This season is going to be some ride, one way or another.

izec

That worked so well against Sevilla!
Well, we will crash out of the CL again in embarrassing fashion against a semi decent team with hoofball to Fellaini and Lukaku. Then Jose will tell us that our opponent has a lot of great players he would love to have in his team

DownRiver

Can people please stop saying this is pre season?

We have seen these dull and unimaginative performances for two seasons. Pep and Klopp with relatively similar times frames +/- a season have shown significant progression.

This his third season and we are not any better with players who most of them went to latter stages of the world cup. We can't pass from the back or even go past our half way line.

People still defend Mourinho. Why? He has shown nothing but attacking players. I haven't seen one game in two seasons where I thought we outclassed the opposition, yet Man city fans and Liverpool fans see it every game.

Don't tell me to support them as a comeback. I love this club and hate to see it looked down upon and not achieving success because our football is not on par with the best. If we defend like with Simone's side with Atleti, I wouldn't mind it. But where are not even close.

Mourinho won't compete and will come 4th his year. He will only hang on due to individual brilliance from Pogba, Sanches, Lukaku etc. You lot will never be satisfied with his style of play until he leaves.

FujiVice

Well. We're getting what we deserve having him as our manager. De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Young, Matic, Pogba, Fred, Herrera, Mata, Pierrera, Martial, Rashford, Lukaku and Sanchez - these are really good footballers. Add Alderweireld in there, assuming that's as certain as some think, and we really shouldnt be a gloomy as we are. But I have absolutely zero faith in this manager. Like who can we sign that wouldnt be a massive disappointment who will eventually fall out with the manager due to the lack of expression he allows on the football field? Just a negative person. A misery on and off the field.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Honestly, even if United had started five weeks ahead of them, I can't see it really making a difference. This is just the way Mourinho's coaching. It's been like that since he first came in, bar the odd games here and there. It's not just Mourinho, the whole coaching staff has hardly shown an ability to improve the cohesion or consistency of the team over the years, so 7 days of difference in preparation is hardly the cause for such a disparity in quality.
True

Shaun Oldman

It's true to say we have gone from one of world footballs great to watch sides , football taught by Matt Busby etc, to utter dross in these last five years

Roboc7

Its terrible football and even if he gets the players he wants that won’t change. Wouldn’t be as bad with first choice players but we’d approach the game in same way whether it was friendly or a competitive game.

Genuinely don’t see the point in allowing him to make more short term signings as I don’t think he can overhaul city with this type of football and then you have more players to replace in couple of seasons.

Post match comments from Jose tonight could be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.