José Mourinho | 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

just sent him this, lets hope it helps

Delivery 1 of 1

Dispatched by World of Books Ltd

Dispatching to: Jose Mourinho, THE LOWRY HOTEL 50, DEARMANS PLACE, SALFORD, M3 5LH United Kingdom
  • Attacking Soccer - Joseph A. Luxbacher
    £1.45 - Quantity: 1
    Paperback - Used, Good
    Sold by: World of Books Ltd
Youre joking, right? :lol:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Valencia(darmian)- jones, smalling- shaw(young). When i see that back line, i can't blame him for nothing. He detected that he needs ball playing defender and left back. Didn't get it. Again, can't blame him why we play like we play

Charles Miller

The problem with the tactical approuch imo is this: when you dont have possession and the adversary is controling the actions, all the guys in the other team will look better than our players. Sometimes even average players look better than Pogba because of that.

Patrick08

Why is he doing this? How does he convince the coaching staff and the players to play without the ball i am for so long periods i am amazed.

Moiraine

How hard it is to put one single meaningful attack in the entire 90 minutes. About 700 million we have spent since fergie left and see the difference between the top clubs in europe and us. How they have evolved and where we are, absolutely shameful. We used to be an attacking team right ?
I remember our identity was as an attacking team.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Valencia(darmian)- jones, smalling- shaw(young). When i see that back line, i can't blame him for nothing. He detected that he needs ball playing defender and left back. Didn't get it. Again, can't blame him why we play like we play
Sorry but how is our style and method of play not Mourinho’s fault? Liverpool have had one of the worst defences in the top 6 for ages yet play to their attacking strengths. Mourinho’s style at United is to play extremely deep and play it safe. That’s the managers tactics, no one else’s.

Of course, having a creative left back and a solid ball playing centre back would help the team to no end but it’s still up to Mourinho to get the most out of the players he has and play some attacking football. We just looked scared on the pitch, today was no different than all of last season.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
If the season starts badly how long before Old Trafford turns on him?

AR87

Sorry but how is our style and method of play not Mourinho’s fault? Liverpool have had one of the worst defences in the top 6 for ages yet play to their attacking strengths. Mourinho’s style at United is to play extremely deep and play it safe. That’s the managers tactics, no one else’s.

Of course, having a creative left back and a solid ball playing centre back would help the team to no end but it’s still up to Mourinho to get the most out of the players he has and play some attacking football. We just looked scared on the pitch, today was no different than all of last season.
Agree with this. If he wants to concede possession and look to play on the counter that's fine, but we very rarely have quick transitions and our players don't get out with any urgency when we create a turnover to give the man on the ball options ahead of him to pass to. Some of that is personnel, but clearly Jose is struggling to transform the team into a ruthless counterattacking team like his Chelsea, Inter and Real teams of the past with his instructions.

I really want us to get Alderweireld and an RW simply because I don't want any excuses if/when this season fails to get going.

It's weird because I think he still has an eye for talent and what the squad lacks but can't seem to then maximize what he has at his disposal when he gets it.

Jacob

Nope. he won't get it...someone will be opening all his post. But it made me feel better! Cost like 4 pound less than a pint!
If we start playing entertaining football, I'm thanking you!

Minimalist

If the season starts badly how long before Old Trafford turns on him?
Think the first game already has unnecessary pressure on it (we have to at least win now). Dropping a few points early on would be disappointing but bearable if we were playing somewhat well (creating chances, testing the goalkeeper etc). If we play like shite and drop points, that's another matter altogether.

Godfather

just sent him this, lets hope it helps

Delivery 1 of 1

Dispatched by World of Books Ltd

Dispatching to: Jose Mourinho, THE LOWRY HOTEL 50, DEARMANS PLACE, SALFORD, M3 5LH United Kingdom
  • Attacking Soccer - Joseph A. Luxbacher
    £1.45 - Quantity: 1
    Paperback - Used, Good
    Sold by: World of Books Ltd
:lol:

Minimalist

Because he's only going into his third season mate. Give him some time. /s

Trophy Room

I think its the lack of hope, the man just exudes negativity. I hope this is all kneejerk, is not like his other 3rd seasons and we somehow secure another top 4 finish with some decent enjoyable football along the way.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Nope. he won't get it...someone will be opening all his post. But it made me feel better! Cost like 4 pound less than a pint!
I can't believe you did that:lol:
Shame he won't get it. Think his assistant would be shit scared to pass it on:D

SteveW

Why is he doing this? How does he convince the coaching staff and the players to play without the ball i am for so long periods i am amazed.
Because:

The game is won by the team who commits fewer errors.

2 Football favours whoever provokes more errors in the opposition.

3 Away from home, instead of trying to be superior to the opposition, it’s better to encourage their mistakes.

4 Whoever has the ball is more likely to make a mistake.

5 Whoever renounces possession reduces the possibility of making a mistake.

6 Whoever has the ball has fear.

7 Whoever does not have it is thereby stronger.

Witchking

Never understood why buying players is the only solution given to sort out the mess that the club is in?

Don't football managers coach? Don't they train the players five times a week? Why does Jose want ready-made players instead of improving what we have?

He doesn't seem to be good when he is expected to get the team to play some decent football. Keeps hiding behind transfers. Gets into issues with the players. Seems bored and irritated all the time.

The start is just five days away and none of the performances have shown any improvement in tactics.

Tactics and not the players are the main reason we are bad. It is Mourinho and not the players.

If you don't play to the strengths of the players you have, then you simply are not a great coach.

Patrick08

Because:

3 Away from home, instead of trying to be superior to the opposition, it’s better to encourage their mistakes.

What about you are more prone to make a mistake on corners when you concede so many of them and win none on other end of the pitch? :D

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This is all perfect. Optimism at an all time low. Rival fans getting cozy writing us off. Pundits and press happy they can let our their bitterness and not get a major backlash as so many United fans are seemingly on the same page. Everyone is expecting a 3rd season Jose meltdown. Yet we're winning the league. I'm buzzing.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

We have worst back line of all top six clubs. And all top european clubs. And i am saying that for years. They can defend when we play defensive style and have numbers in defence. But anything else with our defenders is mission inpossible. I would take pair lovren-matip instead our two clowns mike and phil in a heartbeat. Because they know at least play with the ball. I watched today jones and smalling. Every fecking ball, even when they were clear of danger, is hoofed in panic. You just can't get good style of play with defenders who can't play with the ball. We laughed when pep bought defenders for 200 mil. But if you want results, give your manager what he needs. My opinion is that jose knows how bad is our back line and that is why we play like this against bigger teams.
And when we both did liverpool compare; last two years we won trophies they didn't. We were in front of them last year in league. So yes again, i think that jose is doing excellent job with squad full of deadwood.

Minimalist

We have worst back line of all top six clubs. And all top european clubs. And i am saying that for years. They can defend when we play defensive style and have numbers in defence. But anything else with our defenders is mission inpossible. I would take pair lovren-matip instead our two clowns mike and phil in a heartbeat. Because they know at least play with the ball. I watched today jones and smalling. Every fecking ball, even when they were clear of danger, is hoofed in panic. You just can't get good style of play with defenders who can't play with the ball. We laughed when pep bought defenders for 200 mil. But if you want results, give your manager what he needs. My opinion is that jose knows how bad is our back line and that is why we play like this against bigger teams.
And when we both did liverpool compare; last two years we won trophies they didn't. We were in front of them last year in league. So yes again, i think that jose is doing excellent job with squad full of deadwood.
That is absolutely delusional. Even on the positive side, he's on-par at best.

Baxter

I keep reading that it’s only friendlies and it means feck all. Do these people think that in 5 days we’re suddenly going to be doing anything different. The whole time he’s been at United, it genuinely looks like there is no attacking patterns or system coached at all.

Fracture90

From day one ive said i dont care what happens weekly as long as results come good.

Still stand behind those words. 3 points on Friday is all that matters.
Just curious do you enjoy watching football and was it because of your love of football you started supporting UTD? Or was it because UTD were hot stuff back then?

Witchking

Jose brought 2 Center backs. He was trusted with the money and right now both are not fit to start for united.

Let's stop with the excuses. If spending money is the only way to pay better then why do we need jose?

Its his job to improve players.

Theonas

Scout
Because:

This is one of the most joylessly soul destroying ways to look at football. The highlighted part in particular goes against something fundamental against the love of the game, the one that most players dream of when they are kids.

E-mal

For your health, guys take it easy. You could cherry pick the most technically gifted players there is, Jose will play his way. The only difference will be the result. Cant teach an old dog new tricks.

Fracture90

How dare you to be rational?!

Patrick08

For your health, guys take it easy. You could cherry pick the most technically gifted players there is, Jose will play his way. The only difference will be the result. Cant teach an old dog new tricks.
You can when you deprive him of more free food:D.

Baxter

Sometimes i believe that caf would rather be 4th with attacking run and gun football rather than first with jose style.
I think it’s safe to say we won’t be first so I think the a lot of the caf would find that easier to take if we weren’t going to be subjected to shite football too.

SteveW

This is one of the most joylessly soul destroying ways to look at football. The highlighted part in particular goes against something fundamental against the love of the game, the one that most players dream of when they are kids.
I agree. It's ok if you're an underdog desperate for a result. But not at United. He doesn't belong here

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Think the first game already has unnecessary pressure on it (we have to at least win now). Dropping a few points early on would be disappointing but bearable if we were playing somewhat well (creating chances, testing the goalkeeper etc). If we play like shite and drop points, that's another matter altogether.
The crowd already started moaning towards the end of last season.
Unless we open with a bang it's going to be interesting on friday...

Status
Not open for further replies.