g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jose Mourinho | 2017/18 Assessments | Poll Added

Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I'm beginning to lose faith in him. It feels like hes a bit divided, hes a defensive coach and wants to set the team up how he always has, but he knows the club/fans expect attacking football. The result is a team that's not really great at either.
People forget that it took Pep/Klopp/Poch more than one season to get to where they are at the moment, people forget how bad Liverpool was last season even to the extend where they say Klopp will never win anything if he doesn't know how to coach the defence (kinda like Mourinho can't coach attacking), Many have written off pep saying he's finished and EPL is a different beast, but fast forward a few months and they're back again.

I'd happily give Mourinho another season, we have invested alot in him and to press the reset button again will be painful. I don't believe there's a magic wand that the next manager comes in would simply make us play attacking football and winning the league. Even when Pep magically turns out at Old Trafford next season we won't magically swap position with City next year.

fellaini's barber

Yup. All of Barca’s last few managers have been promising managers, one of which ended up being Pep. Madrid gave the job to Zidane and he won back to back CL’s. Bayern are rumored to be looking at the up and coming managers in the Bundesliga, after firing one of the most illustrious managers in the last decade, after being underwhelmed by him, regardless of his history of winning trophies(where does that logic for backing the manager no matter what sound familiar).

Not us though. For our fans a promising manager is not enough, we need someone who’s won it all before.

I actually used to think like that as well, which was one of the major reasons I was opposed to Giggs. Now, having seen Vangle and now Mourinho, I changed my views on our managers having to be someone who has won something before. How the manager sets his teams up and what he gets out of his teams is far more important to me now.
Its amazing how people turn up their noses at Poch on here, man is doing a fantastic job. Apparently he's won nothing so he's shit

Rajma

Only one way to find out :rolleyes:
:D In all seriousness, I reckon today’s game will defy our path for the rest of the season considering the fragile mentality within our club. Win and imo we will finish 2nd, lose or draw and we’ll end out of top 4 by the end of the season.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Its amazing how people turn up their noses at Poch on here, man is doing a fantastic job. Apparently he's won nothing so he's shit
Eh.. I don't think that's the case. Nobody down play his achievement, most of us just saying that even if he manages United there's no guarantee he'll do better than Jose (aka point wise and winning trophies), there's no guarantee he can turn us into title winning team in 1 year, there's no guarantee he'll even be successful here (for many other non footballing factors).

It's ok if he hasn't won anything, but I personally have issue with people dishing Mourinho left right center saying he's a fraud, he's finished, he's outdated etc for a manager that hasn't even proved anything.

Furthermore, Jose Mourinho "IS" our manager while Pochetinno is "SPURS" managers. So call me bias or red tinted, but i'd rather back my manager rather than wanking over next door manager (which doesn't even show any signs of interest in managing us yet)

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Eh.. I don't think that's the case. Nobody down play his achievement, most of us just saying that even if he manages United there's no guarantee he'll do better than Jose (aka point wise and winning trophies), there's no guarantee he can turn us into title winning team in 1 year, there's no guarantee he'll even be successful here (for many other non footballing factors).

It's ok if he hasn't won anything, but I personally have issue with people dishing Mourinho left right center saying he's a fraud, he's finished, he's outdated etc for a manager that hasn't even proved anything.

Furthermore, Jose Mourinho "IS" our manager while Pochetinno is "SPURS" managers. So call me bias or red tinted, but i'd rather back my manager rather than wanking over next door manager (which doesn't even show any signs of interest in managing us yet)
This.

JK-27

For a manager who signed a contract extension weeks ago, seems fickle for fans to want him sacked now.

Untied

It’s a bit worrying that he can’t seem to solve our defence (statistically the worst of the top 6) and simultaneously is coaching a very boring attack, unable to get the best out of our most exciting players.

Mike Myers

Bye bye Mourinho. This game will be the start of his downfall and his negative tactics.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Option 2. Next 5 games decide if I drop to option 3. He's fecking useless in how he sets us up in big games.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Surely the players have to shoulder some of this blame.
Yes but he doesn't look like he's motivating them. Chelsea are a club in crisis and they're looking like a team more than we are which is worrying.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He's too comfortable with his job security and big contract it seems. Football has become little more than bantering and picking up the pay check.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Can’t believe he sold Lukaku.

Kapardin

What happened to him?

We seem to throw in the towel before we play any of the big guns.

I love Jose and wanted him here, but I'm willing to admit that this isn't working. Neither for us or for him.
We scored, but same here. I like him and thought he was a good fit for us.

Thing is, he shares some of the blame. Tactics are woeful. What Conte is doing with Willian or Pedro, can't we do with Martial or Lingard who are of similar quality? And that is before factoring in the Sanchez buy.

Rest of the blame lies on our recruitment. What team in the top 6 plays with 2 failed wingers at FB positions? This is really screwing us over, as attacking FBs would really give us more impetus going forward.

Minimalist

Can’t see the match but hearing it’s much of the same in terms of the performance? Can’t be having that at home.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Can’t see the match but hearing it’s much of the same in terms of the performance? Can’t be having that at home.
Started terribly, yes, but back in it now and game's there for the taking in the second half if we improve. Our pressing is really poor though - giving their best players too much time on the ball.

Kag

Another abominable, offensively shite performance so far, goal or no goal.

No pace, no energy, no impetus, no will to win and taking it to the opposition. Barely a shot on goal (took half an hour). It's Van Gaal without the possession.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Look it’s not great we all know that. But we cannot keep sacking managers. We need to give him more time and money. Like it or not.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

No pace, no energy, no impetus, no will to win and taking it to the opposition. Barely a shot on goal (took half an hour). It's Van Gaal without the possession.
No will to win? He's not parked the proverbial bus. They started much better but we were edging it before their goal. Sanchez should have put us in front. Responded well to going a goal down. This is a must win game for both teams and it shows.

AndyJ1985

Look it’s not great we all know that. But we cannot keep sacking managers. We need to give him more time and money. Like it or not.
How much time and money is enough? We've given him £350m and have made minimal improvement.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I don't think we should sack him because we have improved but I don't see what previous managers have to do with it - if a manager isn't performing and consistently doesn't get the side to perform then he eventually should be sacked. Mourinho isn't at that point yet but if he gets to it then what happened with Moyes/LVG is irrelevant.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

Actually going forward on the counter we look really threatening. Its the time and space we allow them when they're transitioning from defence to attack. The lack of pressing is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.