Jose Mourinho | 2017/18 Assessments | Poll Added

Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He wants us to be like Simones Atletico Madrid. The positives about that kind of tactics is that against good teams, you give them a match. The negatives is that against poor teams like tonight, you struggle to beat them, teams that City and Liverpool would put three or four past.

Look if we win the FA Cup and come second it will have been a decent season. Still need a few MFs in the summer though. Need to get rid of a few as well. Maybe Mata and Darmian.

R'hllor

So he gives a kid a trophy as manager`s player of the year, kid is all happy, hyped, grateful, probably can not wait to go out there and show how grateful he is. Few days later that same manager puts him on the bench, while in first XI he gives a start to a man who`s future is unclear, who said plenty about his position recently and who is holding the cards.

Yea that makes sense. On top, he puts Fellaini in midfield 2 with Matic...Christ allmighty. So why giving a kid just made up reward? To shed a beam of light on how he is promoted young players what?

Playing Darmian in first XI is also something special but hey, giving minutes have feck all with form, who deserves it etc. Just feck off and feck old enough, good enough bullshit.

Greck

In a way tonight was very fitting, especially with the post match comments from Mourinho.

Basically he's give the players enough rope to hang themselves and make it so blatantly clear to the fans that this is what he's been dealing with. All the issues the fans have had with certain players not playing, instantly put to bed. It was a mic drop moment from Mourinho to the fans that blamed him for everything.
Or at least that's the spin he'll try to put on it, and it would be a stretch as Fellaini, Matic, Young were just as poor and we've seen other first teamers like Sanchez and Pogba look underwhelming in weeks prior.

Scapegoating one or two individuals is fine if they are the only ones playing poor but when you have the squad putting up stinkers (Inc his favs) then he had better take some blame or at least stop trying to dish it out like a child blaming his siblings

Classnordic

So he gives a kid a trophy as manager`s player of the year, kid is all happy, hyped, grateful, probably can not wait to go out there and show how grateful he is. Few days later that same manager puts him on the bench, while in first XI he gives a start to a man who`s future is unclear, who said plenty about his position recently and who is holding the cards.

Yea that makes sense. On top, he puts Fellaini in midfield 2 with Matic...Christ allmighty. So why giving a kid just made up reward? To shed a beam of light on how he is promoted young players what?

Playing Darmian in first XI is also something special but hey, giving minutes have feck all with form, who deserves it etc. Just feck off and feck old enough, good enough bullshit.
Yes.. do as i say not as i do kinda thing..

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Sounds like the conclusion came before the theory there.

I think Jose's been great for McTominay. This wasn't a young Pogba watching defenders play in a makeshift midfield ahead of him. I won't try to defend starting Fellaini as I just don't think he's a good enough footballer to be anything other than a backup tactic from the bench used late in games. But it wasn't a slight on Mctominay in any way, shape or form.

ti vu

Let's say we can all agree Mourinho needs to go, who should be the next manager?

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Really? his teams were swashbuckling or tactically astute in winning trophy after trophy? I don't think so.
His Ajax side was both swashbuckling and very tactically astute, long time ago though.

Frank Grimes

Time to look for a new manager and give him the sneaky push. He is so limited and that was proved against Sevilla, the game has moved on and if we stick with him we will fall further behind. He still lives in a hotel ffs, how can any manager ask for a player to give 100% when he is not even committed enough to settle in his club's city.

ti vu

Depends of what club wants and is there any vision behind it.
If the answer is this general, then it's no answer. I meant if people are fine with the decisions maker at the club, then why complain now. For all we know, we can do worse.

So question is who do each person thing the direction would be thus the manager to replace Mourinho?

Greck

He just needs to develop an attitude that stops encouraging infighting at his clubs.

The dumbest thing about these comments is we're going to have a toxic situation with fans trying to one-up each other when first teamers or the younger players play poorly now

Last edited:

AP88

Supports
Man City
He specifically wanted Perisic, Woodward wouldn’t deliver because he’s not #hashtagable or one of Raiola’s clients.

Give him Perisic or ideally Leon Bailey, and let him put together a team that he wants rather than the compromise mercenaries he’s currently dealing with.

He’s got a (relatively) awful squad of players who have no business finishing second, but he’s managing to do it and should be either fully backed or sacked.

ash_86

Time to look for a new manager and give him the sneaky push. He is so limited and that was proved against Sevilla, the game has moved on and if we stick with him we will fall further behind. He still lives in a hotel ffs, how can any manager ask for a player to give 100% when he is not even committed enough to settle in his club's city.
This is ridiculous in current age. How many managers are sticking with the same club for more than 3 years? He never said he'd want to be here for rest of his career. Why would he invest on a property if he's not going to be there.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
His after match comments tonight have really turned me off him. Did we not lose to West Brom with Lukaku and Sanchez playing ? Really awful to throw young players under the bus. I can't imagine Rashford playing for another club.

Bojan11

His after match comments tonight have really turned me off him. Did we not lose to West Brom with Lukaku and Sanchez playing ? Really awful to throw young players under the bus. I can't imagine Rashford playing for another club.
I can considering his shocking performances this season.

steffyr2

Jose is a genius. How did he ever get to 2nd with this team?

Bojan11

Are you a Mancunian red ?
What does location have to do with it? Shall we just field all the average players because they from Manchester?

Shall we sign Danny Simpson in the summer because he’s from Manchester and we need a right back. I don’t get this obsession about Manchester born players. City and Liverpool don’t have it. We need to field the best possible side we can not the best possible team from Manchester.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
What does location have to do with it? Shall we just field all the average players because they from Manchester?

Shall we sign Danny Simpson in the summer because he’s from Manchester and we need a right back. I don’t get this obsession about Manchester born players. City and Liverpool don’t have it. We need to field the best possible side we can not the best possible team from Manchester.
Thought not

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Needs to be disgustingly ruthless this summer, I like so many of our players but we won't win the league with them. No sentimentality Jose, make the changes we need.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
There's something seriously wrong when you can predict shit performances 75% of the time.
We are so fecking pedestrian and the buck stops with the coach.
Klopp has a fecking car crash of a midfield,have you seen his bench? But his team most of the time okay with intent and can string passes together.

Dr. StrangeHate

Jose Mourinho is the most toxic man in football. Nothing is ever his fault. Constantly bullying players and throwing players under the bus. He has turned Manchester United fans against each other and against the players. If my manager spoke like that about me and my team, I would quit the next day.
On top of all this we play shit on a stick footballl regardless of winning or losing. The day he leaves the club will be celebrated like no other.

MDFC Manager

He specifically wanted Perisic, Woodward wouldn’t deliver because he’s not #hashtagable or one of Raiola’s clients.

Give him Perisic or ideally Leon Bailey, and let him put together a team that he wants rather than the compromise mercenaries he’s currently dealing with.

He’s got a (relatively) awful squad of players who have no business finishing second, but he’s managing to do it and should be either fully backed or sacked.
Ah the Perisic excuse is out again :lol::lol:

maniwin

"We aren't as good as people think". I think "we" here is actually Rashford and Martial. He just do not want to mention name directly.

kbbear

There was no one touch passing anywhere. We have few players that are technically good enough to do it and those who can seem scared to make mistake. Jose pragmatic style is killing us. Watching us park the bus after going into the lead against Swansea did it for me.

Rajma

Needs to be disgustingly ruthless this summer, I like so many of our players but we won't win the league with them. No sentimentality Jose, make the changes we need.
Exactly, should start with himself handing in resignation letter then we may stand a chance.

L1nk

The Perisic thing is ridiculous, perhaps Mourinho should of been more flexible than just wanting only Perisic, I mean what did he think we could just snap our fingers and any player joins, surely you have backup targets? Plenty of talent out there to get.

I don't blame the club for wanting to pay over the odds that Inter wanted for him.

Swift Football

There was a thread in the forum some time back asking Result or attacking football. And I always wanted 3 points in the bag first and foremost. But after watching dull performances for so long period (I would not say whole two seasons as we were good in some brief period), I am leaning more towards attacking football.

I dont even want/expect us to play like Barca/Madrid/bayern/City, all I want is dont play like Pulis' Stoke or Allardyce's West Ham. Playing for 3 points is all well and good, but taking extreme measures to play for just 3 points completely takes away the entertaining value of football itself.

No doubt we have improved under Jose and we will win some more trophies under him, but we have become so dull to watch that its bordering torturous.

Swift Football

When Woodward couldnot deliver Perisic to him, nobody forced Jose to stay here. If he felt Perisic was vital to him and club did injustice to him, he could have feckd off, or at least not extended his contract if he felt club is not backing him.

Managers need to 'manage' the resources they got at the club, this continous excuses that they dint get so and so needs to stop. If club is in position to deliver everything that a manager wants, then they can hire anybody rather than these seasoned professionals.

goin4glory

He can't win with the ****, don't play Mata/Martial and it's a crime but give them a game and they perform like championship players and it's still his fault.

In Rainbows

He can't win with the ****, don't play Mata/Martial and it's a crime but give them a game and they perform like championship players and it's still his fault.
I think people are criticizing Mou because he's a hypocrite. How long was Sanchez awful? He has no point in regards to Martial and Rashford if his favorites are putting up awful performances too.

People are also criticizing him because people are tired of watching his boring football on display.

Greck

I think people are criticizing Mou because he's a hypocrite. How long was Sanchez awful? He has no point in regards to Martial and Rashford if his favorites are putting up awful performances too.

People are also criticizing him because people are tired of watching his boring football on display.
He probably had the speech saved from the Bournemouth game.

goin4glory

We were boring for years before Mourinho arrived, mainly because the squad was full of shite which he is rectifying. Martial doesn't play because he's only interested when the balls at his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.