g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jose Mourinho | 2017/18 Assessments | Poll Added

Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jig1234

You know I was taking the piss right?

Yes I know you were. But I know people that do actually want Giggs.

Although let's be honest, the Giggs experiment will probably happen at some stage. The lazy git won't get off his arse until we give him a chance it seems.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Nah Frogie's going to do the Scotland job, via Skype.
:lol:

Am running out of ideas.

What's Vidic up to nowadays?:D He's intelligent and charismatic and 'gets us':D - I say surround him with some world class coaches and see how he goes.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Would you want Ancelotti?
He wouldn’t be my first choice. But if Mourinho does bail on us at the end of the season then there will be very few managers with his vast experience available.

shaky

We've made the best start to a league campaign since 2011, the best start to a CL campaign since 2012, yet everybody's rubbing their hands together at the prospect of the manager leaving. Embarrassing.

SirAF

Ageist
He wouldn’t be my first choice. But if Mourinho does bail on us at the end of the season then there will be very few managers with his vast experience available.
His track record of winning league titles is pretty poor though.

AXVnee7

Have PSG even given any indication that they’d want Mourinho? They seem to be doing just fine as it is. Don’t think Neymar would take too kindly to be asked to play as a LWB.

SirAF

Ageist
We've made the best start to a league campaign since 2011, the best start to a CL campaign since 2012, yet everybody's rubbing their hands together at the prospect of the manager leaving. Embarrassing.
Welcome to the internet. It’s grim.

GrandJury

Not sure why it’s Jose’s fault that our 3 CB’s left Morata so open in front of goal he could have chested the ball down, eaten a burger and then kicked the ball into the net.

Jazz

Seriously though, if Mourinho keeps pushing like this, I wouldn't be surprised if the board don't think about getting in touch with Ancelloti.
I mean Ed looks real goofy, but that man seems as ruthless as anything. I also don't think he likes being dragged publicly, so Jose might not be in such a superior position as he thinks he is.

Garethw

His track record of winning league titles is pretty poor though.
This is very true. He’s another one that would likely only stay 2-3 years tops too.

It certainly looks as though the era of Manchester United manager longevity is over :(

Jazz

No one is rubbing their hands at more disruption. It's your mate Jose that's causing all this upset.

Do you really think the manager should be leaking shit about wanting more money and not being happy with some aspects of the club? Surely these things should be discussed with the board? What employee goes and does that?

I don't want our board to give in to him. It's the same way he always behaves: he pouts and get's more £££; a short while later he moans about some problem only he can see; then the club gets fed up and sacks him, and Jose walks away with a massive pay off. It's his way always.

The manager is being unreasonable and disruptive in the middle of our season. What do you suggest we do in this situation?

SirAF

Ageist
This is very true. He’s another one that would likely only stay 2-3 years tops too.

It certainly looks as though the era of Manchester United manager longevity is over :(
There’s always Giggs, you would have to drag him out of OT :p

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Well. Zidane might be available soon :smirk:

Garethw

There’s always Giggs, you would have to drag him out of OT :p
Good old Giggsy. He wouldn’t pull the clubs name through the mud, but he would sleep with all the players wives :D

shaky

No one is rubbing their hands at more disruption. It's your mate Jose that's causing all this upset.

Do you really think the manager should be leaking shit about wanting more money and not being happy with some aspects of the club? Surely these things should be discussed with the board? What employee goes and does that?

I don't want our board to give in to him. It's the same way he always behaves: he pouts and get's more £££; a short while later he moans about some problem only he can see; then the club gets fed up and sacks him, and Jose walks away with a massive pay off. It's his way always.

The manager is being unreasonable and disruptive in the middle of our season. What do you suggest we do in this situation?
You could always give him the benefit of the doubt and not believe everything you read in the gutter press .

Garethw

Zidane’s a strange one. Is a genius having a poor season, or an average manager that inherited a brilliant team?

goin4glory

But I didn't compare him with City? I said he doesn't feel like he's backed enough by our board, couldn't care less what others are doing. If we're not backing our manager to get the players he wants, then we won't get the most out of him.

We have a problem on our hands now as Jose quite clearly isn't happy in Manchester, he's away from his family, he's living from a hotel, his body language for the past few years hasn't been as positive as in the past, he's openly flirted with PSG and now doesn't feel backed enough in the market by the board. I've said it a few times, I genuinely feel like he'll leave in the summer.

Where do we go from there if he leaves? We're in a brittal situation here imo.
I must have misinterpreted your post and brought up Pep since the main criticism on the caf seems to be that we don't play football to their standard.

We should absolutely back him in the transfer market and be realistic about what it will take to compete with City, I see Mourinho's comments as a way to put pressure on the board to back him rather than want to leave, if he walked away in the summer he'd never get another chance.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Speaking of hypotheticals, no Ancelotti if Mourinho leaves, please. He's one of the greatest managers of the modern era, but United needs a good organizer for the attack and Carlo can be too hands-off in training - including his latest stint at Bayern:
And details published by the German football magazine Kicker on Tuesday morning revealed the extent of the players unhappiness with Ancelotti this season. The magazine ran a story claiming that Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery, Mats Hummels, Jérôme Boateng and Thomas Müller were particularly unhappy with Ancelotti’s relaxed training sessions and had so organised ‘secret’ high-intensity sessions behind his back. Robben was allegedly the ringleader behind these private training sessions, reportedly complaining that Ancelotti’s training methods were less strenuous than the ones his son had to do with his school team.
Link.

We aren't mature enough as a team for Ancelotti to have the desired effect - not the best fit at this moment in time. Would prefer someone like Jardim - who's excellent at developing players and can design good offenses. Would be a great appointment for the likes of Martial and Rashford in particular:
The 19-year-old striker spent two years playing for Monaco at Stade Louis II and just over a year under Jardim in the luxurious city. When asked what the difference is between Jardim and Van Gaal – whether the latter gives more Martial more confidence – the forward said: “It was not the same last year. Early last season I had to leave, but I stayed and I took time to get over it. In the second half of the season, he (Jardim) made me more and more confidence. This year too, he was happy to trust me.
Link.

Jazz

You could always give him the benefit of the doubt and not believe everything you read in the gutter press .
It's not what I've read in the press. It's his way. Have you not been paying attention to how he operates?

Anyway, we'll see what happens.

The United

Give him the benefit of the doubt for his own doing?

This is not the first time. This kind of media circus follows him all his career and it is not that it is all down to media as well.

So, it is understandable people have some concerns and he gives others to moan.

frank lee madeer..

Yeah Ancelloti has the right temperament but he is a bit dated. He'd need to be flexible about acquiring the best most progressive thinking coaches to add to his back room team, before I would consider him. Football has changed, and managers do need to adapt.
Yeah, he does seem slightly more flexible in terms of forming his coaching staff though. One thing I'd say he possibly has in his favour, he has followed mourinho before at Madrid & I'd say he took them up a level. Maybe his methods aren't as suited to taking over a team that pep coached, he just wasn't the right fit at that time at Bayern maybe. If Jose walked, I have him on a shortlist , at least caretaker till the end of season if he'd be interested in that sort of proposal.

Bojan11

I like the idea of Zidane taking over whenever Jose leaves.

But he's still a unknown. Majority of the Madrid team was built from other managers and there's not really one signing of his. So we don't know how he is in the transfer market.

The plus point is that he's Zidane. France have a golden generation coming up and they'd love to play for him. I just want to see how he reacts to this recent Madrid slump.

Emptihead

Supports
Manchester City
I posted this in the newbie section, but decided to post it on here as well.

Hi first I would like to say I am a Manchester City fan first time posting here. Only have watched a couple Manchester United games the season including your game against Chelsea. This will be more my observations of the Chelsea game.

I think that you have better players then they are being portrayed of late. I would say what you are most lacking is a top midfield pivot and while yes Pogba will help with that. I think his skills are best shown a little farther forward. It seemed like there was no connection between your defense and attack. It seemed Lukaku and at times Rashford were stranded up top fairly often. Now while I think you are operating without a top pivot this is not entirely the issue because lets face it many teams with players nowhere good as yours have a team that transitions to attack a lot kicker then your's does. Traditionally that rapid killer break has been one of the key facets of a Mourinho team and at the moment it is missing. I am not sure why this is so he has always been great at this.

To me though this is because your team is too stretched. The space between your midfield and forwards is huge. I don't think Lukaku is actually bad at holding up the ball, but you can only hold it up for so long with no support. Often when he received it him and Rashford would be in a 4v2 with support taking even world class players would find such situations difficult.

I am not sure why this is happening. If it it the positions Mourinho is setting up his team in with the forwards either too far up the pitch or all midfielders sitting too deep, Mourinho telling his midfielders to stay back, or maybe the midfielders themselves aren't transitioning fast enough themselves though I find this doubtful with the qualities your players possess. Maybe it really is the lack of a pivot that is holding you back.

Interestingly Manchester United have covered the least distance covered in the league so far:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-total-team-distances-11478064

I think this shows you are playing too stretched. I am not saying be as compact as Manchester City, but I think distance covered shows your team is not moving around enough as a unit. I can't form conclusions why this is happening, but think their is something tactically wrong with the way you are setting up.

Javi

Zidane’s a strange one. Is a genius having a poor season, or an average manager that inherited a brilliant team?
Probably something in the middle. There are certain unique characteristics about the Madrid job that might have made him a good fit. Sophisticated man magement for example sure is one and the fact that a team with very powerful players hasn't seen any unrest from within the dressing room speaks volumes in this regard.

Tactically he did okay imo the structure in Madrid only allows for certain types of football (Ronaldo or Benzema won't suddenly put serious effort into getting the ball back) and he found one that worked.

Not sure how good his motivation skillset is though. Ancelotti wasn't a coach that energized the players (and Benitez doesn't seem to be the enthusiastic type either) and it doesn't seem to me that he is one. I can accept that it's also plausible that the player complacency we are witnessing now didn't start earlier because of him (they got 2 CL in 3 years before the back to back already) though.

Womp

idiot
Give him the benefit of the doubt for his own doing?

This is not the first time. This kind of media circus follows him all his career and it is not that it is all down to media as well.

So, it is understandable people have some concerns and he gives others to moan.
Are you genuinely giving a manager stick for the rambling in the media as if it's fact? Christ.

tomaldinho1

This is what I expected of Mou and we are doing ok, despite bloody boring performances and some flattering results against lower teams.

We have a lot of ok players, a few very good ones and a defensive minded manager so it's not surprising to see us set up how we do. I think what annoys me (and hopefully most United fans) is that I don't think we need to set up this way to be successful - you don't have to be as reckless as Klopp but somewhere in between Klopp & Mou is perfect. Spurs play better football week in week out, develop talent better than us and for probably a 5th of our wage bill.

Womp

idiot
This is what I expected of Mou and we are doing ok, despite bloody boring performances and some flattering results against lower teams.

We have a lot of ok players, a few very good ones and a defensive minded manager so it's not surprising to see us set up how we do. I think what annoys me (and hopefully most United fans) is that I don't think we need to set up this way to be successful - you don't have to be as reckless as Klopp but somewhere in between Klopp & Mou is perfect. Spurs play better football week in week out, develop talent better than us and for probably a 5th of our wage bill.
Spurs have a better squad than ours. Also, we do employ somewhere in between - we did it against Chelsea and Spurs. We beat Spurs and lost to Chelsea. Only game we've been overly defensive this season was Liverpool and that was mainly because we were outnumbered in midfield and couldn't get out of our half.

haram

People who look for anything to criticise Mourinho for are the worst type of supporters. Miserable people.

The United

Are you genuinely giving a manager stick for the rambling in the media as if it's fact? Christ.
I said it gives people and media to BS around whether it is a fact or not. Which is an unnecessary distraction around.

And, happens with him all the time.

haram

Are we not allowed to voice our opinions?
Criticising every little thing he does, sometimes not even considering the context, is horrible and miserable. People like this dont deserve anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.