Your stance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Tom McDermott on twitter seems to be worried Jose will walk

Wouldn’t be displeased with this. Think it would be best for all concerned, sometimes you have to see things ahead of time and I just don’t see him being a huge success here in the way we need.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Tom McDermott on twitter seems to be worried Jose will walk

Some of the on goings? Like what? Bending over for him and giving him everything bar a perisic he wanted?

Lentwood

£300 million is hardly pennies ffs! What has 1998 got to do with anything? The world record fee back then was £21 million. Nobody was spending >£100 million a year back then so i don’t get your point at all.
My point is £300m gets you maybe two world class players now. Truth is we could spend £1BN on players in today's market and it still wouldn't guarantee success.

Saying "we've spent £300m so we should achieve ______" is a bit like asking why a kid who has pimped up his Volkswagen Golf hasn't won the F1 Championship yet

The key is what you spend comparative to the rest of the league and Chelsea/City have been HAMMERING this measure year after year for ten years

Jig1234

If Jose goes... I won't be shedding any tears.

He has had two summer windows has got every player he wanted bar one in Perisic. - Yet he moans about not being backed.

Conte didn't get a single first choice player last season (won the league). This season we went and Hijacked the one striker he wanted in Lukaku. Yet Chelsea wipe the floor with us, it was 1-0 but it could've been more.

Mourinho has not really improved anyone. Mkhitaryan has been a disaster signing. Football is very bland, not very interesting to watch.

Canagel

Well he wasn't flirting with PSG for nothing was he? The man is still living in the lowry hotel which tells us he isn't going to be here for the long haul. Otherwise he would've settled properly. I hope that whenever Mourinho does leave we choose the right successor.

p2pZeus

All these interviews with french media combied with rumours of him leaving is a bit worrying. If he leaves, not many big clubs out there will take him. He has time after time proved that he has pragmatic and defensive game of play. At Porto thats alright, at Inter thats alright but you shouldnt do that at big clubs like Real Madrid and Manchester United.

I hope Mourinho stays and changes his ways but spreading rumours and talking to french media in order to extort the club into new long term contract is not the way to go!

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Wouldn’t be displeased with this. Think it would be best for all concerned, sometimes you have to see things ahead of time and I just don’t see him being a huge success here in the way we need.
Sure! Won two trophies in his first season, currently in his second one we‘re sitting in second place and the myth that United played shit teams is false, because we already got Scouse and Chelsea away out of the picture and don‘t forget beating Tottenham. It would be really bad if Mourinho were to leave, neither Moyes nor Van Gaal did better and they surely tried to be more proactive.

Trophies aren‘t won in november, football isn‘t shit, second best team when it comes to scoring goals, while Pogba, Fellaini, Rojo and Ibrahimovic continue to be sidelined. Fans seem to be really ungrateful, currently Guardiola seems to be the flavour of the month, a few weeks back people on here questioned him big time, it‘s just like the wind, it changes all the time. Remember when people thought that Ferguson‘s time were up shortly before the emergence of Ronaldo?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Sure! Won two trophies in his first season, currently in his second one we‘re sitting in second place and the myth that United played shit teams is false, because we already got Scouse and Chelsea away out of the picture and don‘t forget beating Tottenham. It would be really bad if Mourinho were to leave, neither Moyes nor Van Gaal did better and they surely tried to be more proactive.

Trophies aren‘t won in november, football isn‘t shit, second best team when it comes to scoring goals, while Pogba, Fellaini, Rojo and Ibrahimovic continue to be sidelined. Fans seem to be really ungrateful, currently Guardiola seems to be the flavour of the month, a few weeks back people on here questioned him big time, it‘s just like the wind, it changes all the time. Remember when people thought that Ferguson‘s time were up shortly before the emergence of Ronaldo?
Those trophies got him a pass, but the league form was awful and there’s signs we aren’t really going to do that much better this time around. We’re 2nd but we are nowhere near the top and other teams are right up behind us, one bad result like Huddersfield and it’s suddenly a top four battle.

The football we play under him is dire. Yes we won a few games late on by healthy margins but no one can possibly argue it was with amazing football played throughout the match. We are functional to the point where if we get an injury or someone is slightly out of form we are completely inept.

If our attacking play was coached to a higher standard, the players would be less of a problem and the system would get us through games when we are struggling with injuries.

Ban

Those trophies got him a pass, but the league form was awful and there’s signs we aren’t really going to do that much better this time around. We’re 2nd but we are nowhere near the top and other teams are right up behind us, one bad result like Huddersfield and it’s suddenly a top four battle.

The football we play under him is dire. Yes we won a few games late on by healthy margins but no one can possibly argue it was with amazing football played throughout the match. We are functional to the point where if we get an injury or someone is slightly out of form we are completely inept.

If our attacking play was coached to a higher standard, the players would be less of a problem and the system would get us through games when we are struggling with injuries.
So what's your solution? I mean if you want a manager out in early November already. How we go from there?

I guess we get an attacking manager, possibly Poch who will jump right in if we call him, we look amazing, he buys whoever he needs, 2 fullbacks and 3rd if one of the new fullbacks gets injured and suddenly everything is rosy and beautiful.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Custis saying psg have contacted his reps.
Probably leaked by Mourinho’s “people” to get him what he wants.

I’m getting sick and tired of the circus Mourinho brings.

TinFoil

I want allegri personally ^^

Was chelsea's 1st choice before conte and they tend to get it right for managerial appointments.

Plus he has the right mentality having dominated Italian football for years now.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Guardiola didn‘t win a trophy in his first season, how could he still get a pass and be in the job? To inflict more pain, Monaco absolutely toyed with a last seasons‘ top 4 side in the Champions—League. Nothing but absolutely embarrassing!

The same goes for Pochettino, who seems to not know what football is about and Klopp who‘s also not fired. So there are standards for Jose Mourinho and different ones for the others. Case closed, me thinks.

There‘s a reason why players such as Paul Pogba are valued around 100 mil. They‘re irreplaceable and of course teams suffer without them. City was bad without De Bruyne last season, Scouse fell apart without Mane and so on.

Currently we‘re not good enough on the field, but dynamics will change, just take a look at the start of the season. That‘s the fun part with football and having a coach such as Jose Mourinho around. If we get someone else in, maybe the attacking play would change, but most likely the defensive unit too, we were leaking goals here and there under the guidance of the two predecessors, so people should be careful for what they‘re wishing for, IMO.

I think lots of Mancs clearly have an agenda against Mourinho and now it‘s the perfect opportunity to put the boot in, no disrespect meant.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I want allegri personally ^^

Was chelsea's 1st choice before conte and they tend to get it right for managerial appointments.

Plus he has the right mentality having dominated Italian football for years now.
Italian Football is a totally different kettle of fish to the PL. He has been at Juve for 3 years which is not a challenge in Italy. The 4 years prior he was at Milan and did not a lot significant. Before that he was at Cagliari and Sassuolo so he hasnt been dominating Italy for years.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Mourinho is the most selfish narcissistic man I think I've ever seen. We're not even in the middle of the season proper and here he is trying to publicly bully us into giving him what he wants. He is truly classless.

Instead of using this break to figure out how to get the team going, his only concern is how much more money and power he can get for himself. I'd be super disappointed if we gave in to him.

Call his bluff and tell him he can negotiate with PSG with our blessing. Remind him that if he fecks up for the rest of the season, it will only be his reputation that will be shredded. See if PSG still wants him then.

All I know is, we need to start looking for another manager asap.

Jose is never satisfied - we give in to him now - and then a few weeks/months he'll be bitching about something else. Then he'll have his customary flounce, and we'll have to sack him - crucially if we give him an extension now, we'll be looking at paying him a huge sum of money. So we have his little tantrums to deal with, and then at the end we'll be paying him massive amounts of money on top of all that.

Tell him to do as he feels and enjoy Paris.

pascell

He wanted Griezmann and Perisic, got neither. Pep is able to spend 60m on goalkeepers and 100m on fbs. Don't compare him with City if he can't compete with them.
But I didn't compare him with City? I said he doesn't feel like he's backed enough by our board, couldn't care less what others are doing. If we're not backing our manager to get the players he wants, then we won't get the most out of him.

We have a problem on our hands now as Jose quite clearly isn't happy in Manchester, he's away from his family, he's living from a hotel, his body language for the past few years hasn't been as positive as in the past, he's openly flirted with PSG and now doesn't feel backed enough in the market by the board. I've said it a few times, I genuinely feel like he'll leave in the summer.

Where do we go from there if he leaves? We're in a brittal situation here imo.

Jig1234

And replace him with who? It is alright saying you wouldn’t be bothered, but there is no one better to get us back to the top.

EDIT: No one better that is available.
Well it sounds like he already got one foot out of the door. I like Poch but that will be difficult. Leonardo Jardim would be my number one choice. Great at recruiting, working with young players. I think he would do well

frank lee madeer..

It won't be long till the flirting becomes mutual, and it will be of Jose's own making. Ancellotti is out of a job, I'm not saying he's the right guy, like Jose I think he's a little dated now, that won't stop the inevitable , Ancellotti waiting in wings headlines if things carry on as they are.

Jazz

Well it sounds like he already got one foot out of the door. I like Poch but that will be difficult. Leonardo Jardim would be my number one choice. Great at recruiting, working with young players. I think he would do well
Just make it a condition of his contract that he has to have a top notch defensive coach on staff:D

Jazz

It won't be long till the flirting becomes mutual, and it will be of Jose's own making. Ancellotti is out of a job, I'm not saying he's the right guy, like Jose I think he's a little dated now, that won't stop the inevitable , Ancellotti waiting in wings headlines if things carry on as they are.
Yeah Ancelloti has the right temperament but he is a bit dated. He'd need to be flexible about acquiring the best most progressive thinking coaches to add to his back room team, before I would consider him. Football has changed, and managers do need to adapt.

Minimalist

What does it say about Giggs that Moyes is being considered for West Ham over him. He's waiting for a Premier League handout that is never going to arrive.
You know I was taking the piss right?

Although let's be honest, the Giggs experiment will probably happen at some stage. The lazy git won't get off his arse until we give him a chance it seems.

Jazz

Feck, give it Fergie for the rest of the season. He might fancy having a short and sweet stint winding up Pep and Klopp:D

Status
Not open for further replies.