Jose Mourinho joins Sky Sports

lsd

The Oracle
"As bad as Moyes"

Jesus....

He left us in a mess same as Moyes did and we are still suffering the effects .Like Moyes he was such a misery he sucked the life out of everyone players and fans At least Van Gaal left us having won a trophy and with some hope for the future .

Shame that future was wrecked by the misersble one

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I like your way of thinking and I’m gonna pretend I’m a millionaire tomorrow night as I’m hitting town so will let you know how that works out for me :lol:

Do you really think we would have finished 6th in Jose’s first season if we weren’t gunning for the europa?

Honest answer as you asked for earlier then preceded to mock my answer :rolleyes:
Didnt you decide to fully focus on Europa in the first place because you couldn't get out of 6th?

acnumber9

He left us in a mess same as Moyes did and we are still suffering the effects .Like Moyes he was such a misery he sucked the life out of everyone players and fans At least Van Gaal left us having won a trophy and with some hope for the future .

He left us in the Europa League.

fergiesarmy1

Didnt you decide to fully focus on Europa in the first place because you couldn't get out of 6th?
I didn’t decide anything but Jose took the decision to focus on europa for sure.

We could have finished higher, throwing a 6 pointer against a shite arsenal was the moment it was obvious.

haram

I didn’t decide anything but Jose took the decision to focus on europa for sure.

We could have finished higher, throwing a 6 pointer against a shite arsenal was the moment it was obvious.
Yeah because we had a fecking semi final second leg right after that game.

haram

Thanks for making my point.

European games cost premier league positions when you are desperate.
Us resting players around the semi final is not why we finished 6th. There is no guarantee that we would have won those games even at full strength anyway, your point is flimsy.

FrantikChicken

'You have to be thick' always a great friendly way to start a debate...

There's no way Mou didn't give sign off on those players. I'm genuinely shocked that you think Woodward has chosen those players (also when has he ever shown an interest in resale value, we're the worst club in the league at this) - whilst we shouldn't underestimate how detrimental he is in the grand scheme of things we definitely shouldn't exaggerate his role to being one where he signs players for managers without their consent. Mou even explained how he worked when he was here many times, he gave a list of a few names in order of priority to Woodward and Woodward then tried to bring them in, maybe Woodward couldn't attract the number one targets but Lindelof and Bailly are Mou signings.

Of course they were Mou signings, but what blows my mind is that people here seem to think that they should have transformed our defense, and almost immediately at that.

They were 2 young players with 1 season of professional football each in weaker leagues.

To assume they were ever signed as starting CBs just seems ridiculous to me.

These were players for the future. One of them unfortunately became an injury calamity while the other is currently a starting center back, evidently better than what we had before. Whether he reaches the heights actually needed for a top club remains to be seen.

lsd

The Oracle
Of course they were Mou signings, but what blows my mind is that people here seem to think that they should have transformed our defense, and almost immediately at that.

They were 2 young players with 1 season of professional football each in weaker leagues.

To assume they were ever signed as starting CBs just seems ridiculous to me.

These were players for the future. One of them unfortunately became an injury calamity while the other is currently a starting center back, evidently better than what we had before. Whether he reaches the heights actually needed for a top club remains to be seen.

They started as soon as he signed them and Jose has never thought about the future

fergiesarmy1

Us resting players around the semi final is not why we finished 6th. There is no guarantee that we would have won those games even at full strength anyway, your point is flimsy.
:lol:

It’s exactly why we finished 6th and also, flip flopped a good reason why we finished the next season 2nd

No Europe from February

Chelsea Europe till April
Arsenal Europe till April
Liverpool all the way to to the god damn final

City were a mile clear these clubs focused elsewhere

Please for the love of god tell me on this forum I am not the only one that sees this.

haram

:lol:

It’s exactly why we finished 6th and also, flip flopped a good reason why we finished the next season

No Europe from February

Chelsea Europe till April
Arsenal Europe till April
Liverpool all the way to to the god damn final

City were a mile clear these clubs focused elsewhere

Please for the love of god tell me on this forum I am not the only one that sees this.
No it isn't. We were 6th and 2nd through most of both seasons. You're talking bollocks.

FrantikChicken

They started as soon as he signed them and Jose has never thought about the future
Of course they started, Phil Jones and Rojo are always injured.

Anderson and Nani also started games when they were signed. Were they not for the future?

fergiesarmy1

No it isn't. We were 6th and 2nd through most of both seasons. You're talking bollocks.
So you see no correlation between being out of Europe from February to us finish second whilst all of our competition is still playing in Europe as a reason we managed a sad 2nd place?

haram

So you see no correlation between being out of Europe from February to us finish second whilst all of our competition is still playing in Europe as a reason we managed a sad 2nd place?
We were in Europe during March. We were 2nd the entire season, even whilst we was in Europe, had a very good home record and won the big games. We finished 2nd because we deserved it.

fergiesarmy1

We were in Europe during March. We were 2nd the entire season, even whilst we was in Europe, had a very good home record and won the big games. We finished 2nd because we deserved it.
We went out in March pathetically, if those other teams we weren’t concerned about Europe we wouldn’t have finished have second.

haram

We went out in March pathetically, if those other teams we weren’t concerned about Europe we wouldn’t have finished have second.
Yes we would have. We finished almost 20 points ahead of Arsenal. Chelsea and Spurs went out the same round as us. Liverpool had a 5-0 lead against Porto, rested players, played us, and lost. You also seem to forget we rested players around our FA Cup semi and final, difference is we still won our games.

Winmove

'You have to be thick' always a great friendly way to start a debate...

There's no way Mou didn't give sign off on those players. I'm genuinely shocked that you think Woodward has chosen those players (also when has he ever shown an interest in resale value, we're the worst club in the league at this) - whilst we shouldn't underestimate how detrimental he is in the grand scheme of things we definitely shouldn't exaggerate his role to being one where he signs players for managers without their consent. Mou even explained how he worked when he was here many times, he gave a list of a few names in order of priority to Woodward and Woodward then tried to bring them in, maybe Woodward couldn't attract the number one targets but Lindelof and Bailly are Mou signings.
Whatever it is ,Bailly and Lindelof can't possibly be Mourinho first choice , he gave shortlist of players to Woodward for probably about 5 players for each position he wanted and woody bought him the 5th name on the that list since they must be the cheapest.

fergiesarmy1

Yes we would have. We finished almost 20 points ahead of Arsenal. Chelsea and Spurs went out the same round as us. Liverpool had a 5-0 lead against Porto, rested players, played us, and lost. You also seem to forget we rested players around our FA Cup semi and final, difference is we still won our games.
We finished 4 ahead of spuds and 6 ahead of a champions league contending Liverpool team who took 9 points from their last 6 games - do the math.

haram

We finished 4 ahead of spuds and 6 ahead of a champions league contending Liverpool team who took 9 points from their last 6 games - do the math.
We went out the same round as Spurs so how does that prove your point :lol:. We played Liverpool when they were focussed after resting players against Porto and beat them. We had the FA Cup semi and final to think about, but still won game when we rotated players. Your point is crap.

You are also assuming that they would have won games around the European ties if they had been knocked out :lol:. Sorry but they were behind us the entire season for a reason.

fergiesarmy1

We went out the same round as Spurs so how does that prove your point :lol:. We played Liverpool when they were focussed after resting players against Porto and beat them. We had the FA Cup semi and final to think about, but still won game when we rotated players. Your point is crap.

You are also assuming that they would have won games around the European ties if they had been knocked out :lol:. Sorry but they were behind us the entire season for a reason.
A season we had no European action of real note - it was a bum 2nd, like I said similar to 1988 and no united fan (I was a proper regular then) took no satisfaction from.

haram

A season we had no European action of real note - it was a bum 2nd, like I said similar to 1988 and no united fan (I was a proper regular then) took no satisfaction from.
So I proved your point was bollocks now you are trying to talk about 1988 :lol:. It's not about satisfaction, you are saying we only finished 2nd because other teams were playing in Europe which is bollocks.

fergiesarmy1

So I proved your point was bollocks now you are trying to talk about 1988 :lol:. It's not about satisfaction, you are saying we only finished 2nd because other teams were playing in Europe which is bollocks.
No your just being impolite

You really think a champions league contending team is only capable of 9 point from the last 18?

You don’t think we had an easy run after going out pathetically against Sevilla?

haram

No your just being impolite

You really think a champions league contending team is only capable of 9 point from the last 18?

You don’t think we had an easy run after going out pathetically against Sevilla?
They are capable of dropping points just like they did throughout the season, which is the reason why they were behind us the entire season. End of discussion, this is off topic anyway.

fergiesarmy1

They are capable of dropping points just like they did throughout the season, which is the reason why they were behind us the entire season. End of discussion, this is off topic anyway.
So you don’t think we got an easy ride and you don’t think Liverpool dropped points because they had a champions league final?

I don’t believe the world is flat either pal.

fergiesarmy1

Guess how many premier league games a champions league final team won for their last premier 5 games by the way?

You know a team that usually is pretty good to get there.......

ONE

Un4givableB

I wasn't a big fan of Mourinho ball but we knew what we were getting when we signed him and frankly l was desperate enough to put with it if meant getting closer to City & Liverpool. And yes he had to go when he left.

But let's not try and rewrite history we WON EFL Cup, UEFA Europa League, got to an FA Cup Final and came 2nd in the League in his time here.

BlueHaze

I wasn't a big fan of Mourinho ball but we knew what we were getting when we signed him and frankly l was desperate enough to put with it if meant getting closer to City & Liverpool. And yes he had to go when he left.

But let's not try and rewrite history we WON EFL Cup, UEFA Europa League, got to an FA Cup Final and came 2nd in the League in his time here.
The FA cup final loss against Conte's absolutely dreadful Chelsea side was the ultimate proof Jose is done at the top level. An early penalty scored and we had feck all to come with. That was probably one of the most frustrating final losses I've ever had to watch. We should have won that final and we would have if it was Jose from two years earlier but as I said, he's finished much like my hairline.

haram

The FA cup final loss against Conte's absolutely dreadful Chelsea side was the ultimate proof Jose is done at the top level. An early penalty scored and we had feck all to come with. That was probably one of the most frustrating final losses I've ever had to watch. We should have won that final and we would have if it was Jose from two years earlier but as I said, he's finished much like my hairline.
Ahh yes, when people were crying for Rashford to play up front, Lukaku got injured, he got his chance and surprise surprise we fail to score. Somehow it was always Jose's fault, but now everyone will freely call the players shit.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
2nd is nothing
Progress is everything, building for the future.

If ole is guaranteed 2nd in his 3rd year everyone would take it. But a manager who actually finished 2nd is deemed as worse than moyes.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Ahh yes, when people were crying for Rashford to play up front, Lukaku got injured, he got his chance and surprise surprise we fail to score. Somehow it was always Jose's fault, but now everyone will freely call the players shit.
You know, that is actually a good thing. Better late than never, although I do get your point. That is the only positive thing with our clear out is that a few players like Matic, Lingard, Rashford, Mata etc has been getting an easy ride while the managers have been blamed. There is nobody left to blame, unless we stick with the argument that the manager doesn't get enough out of them, once again.

lsd

The Oracle
2nd is nothing
Progress is everything, building for the future.

If ole is guaranteed 2nd in his 3rd year everyone would take it. But a manager who actually finished 2nd is deemed as worse than moyes.

2nd is nothing especially when it was the worst 2nd in history . Finishing 2nd playing awful football despite spending over 350 million plus 2 of the most expensive free transfers in history in terms of wages then completely failing to build on that and instead getting far worse can in no way qualify as doing anywhere near a decent job .

Do you remember who finished 2nd when we won titles ? I don't and don't want to either .

I can't celebrate a manager who finished higher than 6th once in three attempts despite having so much money available to him and who clearly aimed for instant success while showing absolutely no plan for any future success.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Of course it was his fault. It was his bloody team. I suppose it was LVGs fault that he lost that final and shat the bed in his last season. Or even more amusingly, a 20 year old striker. Poor Jose.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal

Best coach and season you guys have had since Ferguson left. He made some mistakes yes but the board did not help either.

In terms of results Ole is doing a worse job then Moyes as a permanent coach and that tells a lot.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
2nd is nothing especially when it was the worst 2nd in history . Finishing 2nd playing awful football despite spending over 350 million plus 2 of the most expensive free transfers in history in terms of wages then completely failing to build on that and instead getting far worse can in no way qualify as doing anywhere near a decent job .

Do you remember who finished 2nd when we won titles ? I don't and don't want to either .

I can't celebrate a manager who finished higher than 6th once in three attempts despite having so much money available to him and who clearly aimed for instant success while showing absolutely no plan for any future success.
It's fine, but weren't you the one praising ole for progress this year despite... you know...