Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

R'hllor

This is your God United fans (section of you at least), this downfall couldnt happen to nicer cnut.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Will West Ham be the final nail in the coffin?
He won't be sacked while they remain in europa.

I actually still think he'll be there start of next season and then everything will unravel early like it did for Man. United in 18/19.

Don't tend to look much at Spurs forums but on the Glory Glory one loads were still defending him saying he'd had next to no pre season to work on tactics (which is true but at least Spurs had August compared to all the teams in europe) and they made flying start to the season so still got plenty who'll defend him with their last breath seemingly.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Spurs is the worst Jose Mourinho side I've ever seen, even we weren't this bad under him and he has better players at Spurs as well :lol:
We had more match winners so it wasn't as bad.
But the football itself wasn't better.

Superunknown

This is one of those cases where you need to look beyond Jose's history, beyond his reputation, beyond his personality and beyond his humour, and just look at the results, the style of football and the morale within the team. Imo, his days are numbered. The football just isn't good enough and there doesn't look to be a clear, upward trajectory within this team. They don't look like a team potentially capable of challenging. There's some quality players within the squad, but there's not enough there to call it a truly, consistently dangerous side. They've lost 7 games which is more than us and City combined. West Ham have won more and lost less than Spurs.

I'm not one to be too keen on asking or calling for managers to go, but it's just a matter of time with this one. However, Spurs need to make sure that whoever they get in is not a temporary fix, but rather one to push them on and improve them. They're in danger of getting lost by just going for short-term solutions.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
His post match nonsense always cracks me up. His side are almost always in complete 'control' until they concede. Incredible that his definition of control is being camped in your own half. Just a snapshot of his stubbornness and delusion that has rendered him a joke in world football for the last 5 years or so.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We had more match winners so it wasn't as bad.
But the football itself wasn't better.
Did we? Lukaku wasn't at Kane's level. Rashford and Martial weren't at Son's level.

United58

Isn't this telling of the chasm that's opened up between Baldy Fraudiola and Mourinho?

Baldy boy has evolved his methods and sustained his success while Mourinho has regressed from his early career. The winning formula Mourinho had in the early 2000s has gone and he hasn't been able to find another one.

Even if you have Mourinho everything he wanted like Pep has had, he still wouldn't have repeated Pep's success in my opinion.

I'm sure Pep will get found out too once he's not at a club that get whatever it wants.
Mourinho is terrible but give him the money Guardiola has and he'd have done the same with City

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Unpopular opinion time: Jose is a lucky manager whom relied on individual quality and of course that was unsustainable and therefore it’s not surprising that we’re seeing this.

I mean his Chelsea side was quality but he had 2 sensational CB’s and your Essien’s and Lampards.

Porto, should have never won that CL and that Inter side, they play Barcelona again and they absolutely wallop them.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
When will he ever learn it’s incredibly difficult for defenders to make no mistakes if all the team is doing is defending? You have to stop a lot of attacking waves. You can get away with it if you have top quality defenders but not at bloody Spurs.

AgentSmith

Expected maybe but shocking display all around and I don’t see it improving under Jose. Definitely think Jose is done at any level.
A job in Italy or the Portuguese national team are the only ‘major’ jobs he could possibly still be offered. The man is done at the top level.

He’s just so painfully and pathetically predictable now - 2005 Jose would have such fun if he was managing a team in the same league as 2020 Jose.

Paxi

His post match nonsense always cracks me up. His side are almost always in complete 'control' until they concede. Incredible that his definition of control is being camped in your own half. Just a snapshot of his stubbornness and delusion that has rendered him a joke in world football for the last 5 years or so.
Thats his philosophy though. Jose is of a particular school of thought that if one doesn’t make mistakes then the team will not concede goals. It’s a fallacy as we’re human beings, we make mistakes all the fecking time.

Paxi

A job in Italy or the Portuguese national team are the only ‘major’ jobs he could possibly still be offered. The man is done at the top level.

He’s just so painfully and pathetically predictable now - 2005 Jose would have such fun if he was managing a team in the same league as 2020 Jose.
Of course he would have fun, his teams were filled with top quality. Where is he finding Terry and Carvalho partnership with Essien covering every blade of grass? He’s not working with those type of players anymore, and modern players don’t buy into that.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
5 losses in your last 6 games is unacceptable for a top-four club like Spurs.

Is Levy ready to pull the trigger on Jose? Can he even afford the compensation fee? Will we ever see Glaston gloating on Redcafe again?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Mourinho is terrible but give him the money Guardiola has and he'd have done the same with City
Nah. Mourinho would have plummeted them after falling out with David Silva or someone else. Pep, despite constant efforts to discredit him, has got City challenging again and that isn’t something Mourinho could have done as Mourinho can’t stop a slide of form.

GoldTrafford99

I can't understand why this isn't spoken about more...

Jose Mourinho TOTALLY lost everything he had on the day Rui Farai left his side to return home to Portugal.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Mourinho's stock plummeted and has remained plummeting since. He hasn't had a good season without Farai. All of his good seasons were with Farai.

cyberman

Keep Son and Kane up top, find a link from midfield be it Ndonbele or Dele and dare sides to push up an attack.
People criticise Rashford for not tracking back but he isnt meant to. His runs are starting further up the field than Son and Kane and usually doesnt have the congestion that their front 3 had when running at Citys back 4 today.
Their defence had Spurs attackers coming to a stand still in front of them time and time again.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
We can't really judge him any differently to before the City result, City are favourites to win against any team in the PL and are going to walk their way to the title. He is done at the top level and deserves to be sacked but not because of todays result, but everything before it.

Pointless bumping the thread after this result.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
What changed from earlier in the season?
Everyone got better and Spurs have had their best players injured who carry the side.

The 6-1 against us flattered them and was achieved through nefarious means. The wheels came off when players started to get injured and he had nobody else to turn to so he just parked the bus like always.

SER19

Hed have done it another way and maybe a trophy here or there less, but yeah, 850m would have any decent manager winning leagues. It's not even a debate

Red00012

We can't really judge him any differently to before the City result, City are favourites to win against any team in the PL and are going to walk their way to the title. He is done at the top level and deserves to be sacked but not because of todays result, but everything before it.

Pointless bumping the thread after this result.
Agree . They are 4 off Liverpool with a game in hand as bad as they have been . Early season form has helped them

Sylar

The EFL cup final in April is saving him for now I reckon.

And the route to get them there was:
Bye vs leyton, penalties win vs Chelsea, wins vs Stoke and brentford

Madness

Yagami

Good post resistant
This is an arguable point. Current version of Pep’s City are an incredibly pragmatic and functional watch. There’s no stardust to it. It’s one paced and fairly boring to watch. The rest of your post is however spot on imo.
You're right. It certainly is arguable, mate. Not everyone likes the same style of football. I myself love Pep's style. It's just a shame I can't enjoy it because of who he manages, but I digress!

SinNombre

Spurs have been in terrible form but they are only a point behind Liverpool in 4th if they win their game in hand.

As the 5th (or 6th) most spending club in the league, those are acceptable returns.

Obviously the quality of football is terrible but what else do you expect when you hire Jose.

Irwin99

What changed from earlier in the season?
The first Liverpool game was a reality check for them and a big momentum swinger even though they were in a false position relative to their squad quality.

I'm still not sure you can totally write him off yet. I guess it all depends how things go for him in the Europa League. A kind route to the final and a trophy would be probably be a success for him. After West Ham he's got two fixtures which are very winnable which might shift the pressure a little. He seriously has to sort that defence out though :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.