Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjenIsM3

If we miss CL he will surely be gone. With Chelsea improving and other teams too that look like it could happen.
We should really be challenging for the league with what we got, but can't see it under Ole.

He should last longer than Mourinho and Moyes though.
No white text? Are you mad? Have you seen City's and Liverpool's squad? Have you seen what Chelsea have done with their infinite oil money this transfer window? Even if we get Sancho we'd do well to get third.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Another Jose masterclass. Jesus Wept, they were terrible. Just passing in MF or launching it long and hoping for a bit of luck.

I cannot see Kane putting up with this for too long.

alexthelion

If we miss CL he will surely be gone. With Chelsea improving and other teams too that look like it could happen.
We should really be challenging for the league with what we got, but can't see it under Ole.
Can't see any white text.

Are you serious, really?

Shiva87

My brother in law is a spurs fan. I feel sorry for him. For some reason- I know this will only get worse for Spurs but he remains hopeful that it will get better when Jose gets his players.

where have I heard that before? :wenger:

AaronRedDevil

Youd think he'd adapt from his failures. Instead of sticking with the same old tactics that haven't worked in a long time. Even more embarrassing since he's been with clubs capable of being better then they are and he just regressed them.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
I'd say "sacked before Xmas", but I think he and Levy have a pact: you don't give me the big money to build the top stars squad that I want but I won't sack you as long as you finish Top6.

Which will be difficult enough, with us, Chelsea, Arsenal, Carlo's Everton, Wolves, Leicester, CP, Sheffield...

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The thing that gets me was, on commentary, they were criticising the players work rate; saying how José won't be happy.

This is a José team. You can't put it on the players when there's been years of evidence from multiple teams. This is how he "coaches" his teams to play.
I think the players looked ridiculously lethargic, Toby A at the end looked like he couldn't give less of a shit as did a couple of others and any manager has the right to be angry about that. That said I agree with you; Jose seems to suck the life of his teams these days, to the point where players who looked good before he arrived, dipped under him, then improved once he left are more like the rule than the exception.

Starting a season looking like that is a huge worry for sure, and one Jose should carry the can for personally.

Tiber

He should last longer than Mourinho and Moyes though.
Bonkers statement. We are miles off the pace, Chelsea are leaving us behind nevermind the two top teams last season

Paul_Scholes18

Indeed what. Sides that challenge for titles have good strength in depth. 4th at best I see United finishing the season but IMO top 4 needs to be secured before the final day.
Liverpool do not have great strenght in depth though. We have better depth than them.
The main difference is they keep the players fit and manage them better than us.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Hope he doesn't get fired, it'll be fun to watch him disseminate this Spurs side. Signings looked woeful whereas Everton's looked quality

Bojan11

Liverpool do not have great strenght in depth though. We have better depth than them.
The main difference is they keep the players fit and manage them better than us.
We are one injury away from starting Lingard or James up front.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
A more interesting question is when he gets sacked, where does he go from here? This Spurs job felt like sort of a last roll of the dice to show that he belongs among the upper echelon of clubs. After this, does he drop down a level and go to a midtable club? Does he take up international management?
Manage Portugal or one of the Arab nations.

El Zoido

Bonkers statement. We are miles off the pace, Chelsea are leaving us behind nevermind the two top teams last season
Yeah it’s complete nonsense. Too many United fans think we should be winning the league based on our history and name. It simply doesn’t work like that.

Paul_Scholes18

We are one injury away from starting Lingard or James up front.
I rather play them than Origi. Look at Liverpools bench and it is not very impressive at all.
The best they got is utility man Milner ready to cover everything.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
So bad Spurs are. Just trying and score and lucky goal and win one nil. Levy must have been on cocaine when he hired him.

thepolice123

Just mentioned in the post match interview that he will be "saying things to the players that are not suitable to be spoken about in interviews".

I hope they do another amazon documentary. :lol:

El Zoido

I rather play them than Origi. Look at Liverpools bench and it is not very impressive at all.
The best they got is utility man Milner ready to cover everything.
People used to say the same about Ole coming off the bench for us. He wasn’t a feared striker, opposition fans used to take the piss over him being our backup.

Shiva87

A more interesting question is when he gets sacked, where does he go from here? This Spurs job felt like sort of a last roll of the dice to show that he belongs among the upper echelon of clubs. After this, does he drop down a level and go to a midtable club? Does he take up international management?
perhaps he accepts his fate and adjusts like Anchelloti. International management, and then coming back to the second tier clubs. Or, maybe Spurs is his adjustment.

I hope I’m not jumping the gun with Jose, but I’ll be surprised if he wins something of note with them. The PL or the CL is just not happening, even if he gets 3-4 years with them.

mu4c_20le

spurs forum

My concern really is that he thought a midfield of Hojberg and Winks with Dele in front would be good enough. I don't consider Jose a stupid man but that's a pretty poor midfield. It's lacking in creativity, it's lacking a player who creates tempo, it's lacking in players who can play quickly into space, it's lacking quality in possession. It's just a very lacking selection.

Was the plan not to concede and hopefully get a goal of our own? That not a terrible plan but it does rely on not conceding which obviously didn't happen and I dont believe that can be a cohesive gameplan going forward because we are always going to concede goals here and there so we need a more constructive plan than keep it tight and hit on the counter.

I know Ndombele is short of fitness but I find it a bit concerning that when we were in trouble and desperate he was then bought on almost as if Jose knows his quality but doesn't trust him to play for longer get in time of desperation will use him. That is concerning for me.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's trying to make Kane and Son his Lukaku and Perisic... the man never forgets.

iKnowNothing

I open this thread hoping to read some piss taking posts on Mourinho and majority of what I see are posts on Ole and our bench strengths vs other squads like Liverpool. WTF guys?!

MalcolmTucker

Since I disagree with you and rate our team?
No because you deliberately attention seek by derailing threads with stupid and contrarian opinions.

Seen you do it in loads of threads so not going to bother engaging with your posts seriously and hopefully the rest of the forum wises up as well.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Apart from the fact Arsenal still can't beat him does he have one (just one) characteristic that was identified with his prime self?

He's even losing loads of home games now.

Paul_Scholes18

No because you deliberately attention seek by derailing threads with stupid and contrarian opinions.

Seen you do it in loads of threads so not going to bother engaging with your posts seriously and hopefully the rest of the forum wises up as well.
Stupid in your view since you disagree with them? Am I not allowed to have a different opionion than think our squad is shit and terrible with Ole doing a brilliant job with them?

Shiva87

don’t agree with the original post, but we are not miles off the pace either. Chelsea havent kicked a ball yet. Let’s see how the season pans out.

i believe that the Chelsea and United squads are more at par now. Our younger players are maturing, and they have bought a whole new team by the looks of it. They will need time to gel, and we will have the benefit of a team that’s learning about each other for the last 6 months.

a couple of signings and we may just be better.

Last edited:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Just mentioned in the post match interview that he will be "saying things to the players that are not suitable to be spoken about in interviews".

I hope they do another amazon documentary. :lol:
The trouble is Jose has picked what I will kindly call a prosaic midfield and has not set the team up to chase the ball and play proactively. If he thinks individuals were playing beneath their levels he has a right to dig them out in private but I'm not having that he's been working on some fantastic press in training that hasn't come off because the players weren't interested. His boring tactics alienate players, that's now an established fact, so he has to take responsibility for that dire performance as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.