Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

Idxomer

If there's any game that proves why he isn't managing at the highest level anymore.

Ted Lasso

Well done Jose. Always nice to see former United managers do well, so long as it's not at our expense.

James Peril

Mourinho is celebrating like it’s the Champions League, it’s quite cute to be honest. In Tirana, the football capital of the world of all places. We all remember the comments he made about this measly cup a while back, we also know exactly what he will say to paper over this fiasco of a season with Roma.

Irwin99

On a funny note, Spurs are the only club he hasn't won trophies with: isn't that just such a Spursy thing? :lol:

Fair play to him and to Roma.

GlasgowCeltic

Saying he doesn’t think about his personal records in his interview before the game and then immediately putting up five fingers for his five European trophies at the final whistle :D

Vernon Philander

Lots of salt here tonight, predictably.

Jose is a legend. Roma haven't won *anything* in 14 years, let alone 0 UEFA trophies in their history. Congrats.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Becomes the first manager ever to have won all the UEFA competitions by winning the inaugural conference cup.

Still no super cup though.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Won the leagues of the Big-3. Won CL, Europa and Conference. Such a complete career. Guy is a legend of the game and not a busted-flush as some make him out be.

frostbite

From BBC: "A first major European trophy for Roma and Jose Mourinho maintains his proud record of not having lost in a major European final."

Mourinho will probably get a statue in Rome!

MUnchies

On a funny note, Spurs are the only club he hasn't won trophies with: isn't that just such a Spursy thing? :lol:

He took them to the league cup final but was sacked days before the final. So who knows he might have won a trophy with Tottenham.

BorisManUtd

Well done, Jose. He is an expert for these finals, the way we beat Ajax in Stockholm was even easier than for Roma tonight as Feyenoord had few big, big chances.

Not sure his Spurs side would have beaten City last season in Carabao Cup final but this probably makes Spurs fans wonder :D

frostbite

Spurs remains the only major club he didn't win a trophy with
Their owners were very stupid to fire him one week before the final. Again, why did they do it? I don't remember. Did he say anything against the owners?

Cabin Clown

Delighted for Roma, Jose who I've always liked, and Smalling who was immense again.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Roma fans are going to love him long time after this.

A great achievement for him and the team.

Brophs

The One and Only
The great cruelty of modern football is that players win a trophy and then have to walk around the pitch in a bra for 10 mins.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

They literally sacked him the week before the league cup final as well

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Mount Rushmore of coaches.

All time great

Tom Van Persie

No relation
We were truly his dream job and always have been, and he’s clearly always taken a liking for us too, hence him being my favourite United manager in my lifetime bar Fergie, albeit I hope Erik can take 2nd place in good time (don’t think he’ll ever go top, but no one ever will).

Shame it didn’t work out, although it speaks volumes about the man that winning 2.5 trophies in a single season still qualifies as ‘didn’t work out’.
Then maybe he shouldn't have downed tools and showed more respect for the club. And this is coming from somebody that backed Mourinho but I almost lost all respect for him in that third season.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Their owners were very stupid to fire him one week before the final. Again, why did they do it? I don't remember. Did he say anything against the owners?
I think there was a European spot clause in his contract or something to that effect.

Basically levy wanted to make sure that it doesn't get activated or so I heard.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale

I think it was something like a huge bonus or an extension to his contract if he won a trophy.

frostbite

I think there was a European spot clause in his contract or something to that effect.

Basically levy wanted to make sure that it doesn't get activated or so I heard.
So it was just to save money? Teams waste a lot of money for just a little hope to win something, and they fire Jose one week before a final just to save a little money?

Irwin99

Could Klopp or Guardiola win a trophy with Spurs?
Guess we'll never know but even they probably couldn't work magic with Spurs. Conte though? :nervous:

A Roma fan told me that Spurs is kind of like what Roma are in that they're both big clubs who just seem to fall short constantly in the modern era. This is a huge deal for their fans to win something at last.

city-puma

it again goes his way. Congrats to him. Will be interesting to see how they do in series A next season.

frostbite

I think it was something like a huge bonus or an extension to his contract if he won a trophy.
So, if Jose lost in the final he wouldn't get a bonus.

If Jose won in the final he would get a bonus.

And the owners choose not to have the second option? This is really weird. How much was the bonus? Five million? Ten? They blow much more than that in bad transfers every single year and they have not won anything for ages! Must be really bad owners to do that. Unbelievable!

Last edited: