Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

steffyr2

That was an amazing speech and he was completely right
Well you can see why some people loved Ole. Bet he didn't spent a lot of time being honest about how Utd was doing...

Back in the day, when Utd was winning everything in England, it was a topic here about why we didn't do better in Europe. Mourinho told the truth -- about the club, about the players -- and that was just verboten. Probably didn't sit well with the board either, with them trying to sell the 'brand'.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Say what you want about him but I would take him over any coach in history to win a final. He is too tactically sound and too good especially in a winner takes all setting.

If the players buy into his thinking and style then you are guaranteed to win trophies with Jose Mourinho.

Paul_Scholes18

Think Italy suits him quite well.

Might be able to win the league next year or he falls out with people and get sacked.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It is amazing. Simply amazing. Guy won us 3 (2) trophies, never sad bad words against club and fans and is treated here like shit.
Meanwhile worst manager in our history who left us at rock bottom, gets love and "thank you" banners. :confused: :confused:

Anyway, well done for him. Guy knows how to win finals
Yeah because Jose left us flying high and not at rock bottom :lol:

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
If anything, that press conference is actually more relevant now than ever, considering that we're still absolute shit in Europe, probably got even worse.
Do you mean in the UCL or in Europe? Didn’t we reach a European final last season? True we didn’t win it but we were a missed pen from the gk away from winning it.

We’re not RM in Europe, far from it, but how can you say we’re (I quote) absolute shit? You don’t need hate from oppo’s when our own fans think this way.

Hope I’m wrong but it looks like many on this thread would actually love to have Mourinho back at Utd. Totally baffling to me.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Do you mean in the UCL or in Europe? Didn’t we reach a European final last season? True we didn’t win it but we were a missed pen from the gk away from winning it.

We’re not RM in Europe, far from it, but how can you say we’re (I quote) absolute shit? You don’t need hate from oppo’s when our own fans think this way.

Hope I’m wrong but it looks like many on this thread would actually love to have Mourinho back at Utd. Totally baffling to me.
Because we are not great in Europe. If City is criticized for not doing good in Europe because of the billions they spent, we also deserve the slack despite spending billions.

El Jefe

He doesn't have to lie to be a cnut.

He just lost a game in the round of 16 against Sevilla and decided to shit on the club, his players and even Fergie. All he cared about is bigging himself up. He's a self-serving prick and his insane fanboys who are also supposedly United fans should be embarrassed every time they defend him.
100% agree. The way he conducted himself from the Sevilla defeat until he left was embarrassing and proved Sir Bobby's comments on him not being a 'Manchester United manager' right.

roonster09

Scout
He doesn't have to lie to be a cnut.

He just lost a game in the round of 16 against Sevilla and decided to shit on the club, his players and even Fergie. All he cared about is bigging himself up. He's a self-serving prick and his insane fanboys who are also supposedly United fans should be embarrassed every time they defend him.
No point, his fans are so deep his Jose's arse, nothing would make sense for them. "He said the truth" :lol:

Tap

Yeah because Jose left us flying high and not at rock bottom :lol:
All our managers have left us at rock bottom. But he gets a disapprotionate amount of hate because he speaks the truth about the players and culture that many fans and the board are not willing to face at that time.

erikcred

I'm sick of people bigging up our Europa League final last season. We were too shit to make the knockout stages of the CL and we got bumped down to this competition! And then turned out to be too shit to beat fecking Villarreal over a 120 minutes.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Because we are not great in Europe. If City is criticized for not doing good in Europe because of the billions they spent, we also deserve the slack despite spending billions.
You said we’re not great in Europe, that’s a fair statement. El3mel said we’re absolute shit in Europe, how is that even remotely a fair thing to say about our own club?

roonster09

Scout
All our managers have left us at rock bottom. But he gets a disapprotionate amount of hate because he speaks the truth about the players and culture that many fans and the board are not willing to face at that time.
One more "he speaks the truth". If he spoke truth he would have said how shit he was for the club. All he did was blame everyone and took 0 responsibility.

You are saying "he gets lot of hate", likewise he gets more love than anyone else too and it's baffling to see why. He is a nobody at ManUtd, at least Chelsea fans loving him makes sense as he is a legend for them.

Lord SInister

No point, his fans are so deep his Jose's arse, nothing would make sense for them. "He said the truth" :lol:
What he said which was false?
SAF punched us above for those ending years of him, that is why he is the GOAT, but our transfers had been absolutely uninspiring overall(apart from one two players) after Ronaldo was sold to Madrid. Ofcourse him using the word heritage when he could have said I am doing what I do as what I inherited would have been better. But English isn't his first language.

I do not say he didn't leave our dressing room toxic because he isn't a long term manager suited for us. We require managers who are United through and through, and Jose was always a wrong choice, but whatever he said about the club and the players is true.

Lord SInister

You said we’re not great in Europe, that’s a fair statement. El3mel said we’re absolute shit in Europe, how is that even remotely a fair thing to say about our own club?
Words do not have to be taken literally at all times, for some people it is great or shit. There is no middle ground, el3mel's post seems quite obvious that he meant we aren't doing good enough in Europe.

roonster09

Scout
What he said which was false?
SAF punched us above for those ending years of him, that is why he is the GOAT, but our transfers had been absolutely uninspiring overall(apart from one two players) after Ronaldo was sold to Madrid. Ofcourse him using the word heritage when he could have said I am doing what I do as what I inherited would have been better. But English isn't his first language.

I do not say he didn't leave our dressing room toxic because he isn't a long term manager suited for suited. He require managers who are United through and through, and Jose was always a wrong choice, but whatever he said about the club and the players is true.
He lost against Sevilla, instead of talking about how shit he was, he wanted to highlight club failures in the past. Took 0 responsibility.

Liverpool did feck all in Europe for close to decade when Klopp took over, did you see him shitting on them or taking them to new highs?

Good manager makes team better, poor ones look for excuses.

If he wanted to speak truth, he should have said same things about league record, how second was seen as a failure just 3 seasons before he was hired and how shit he was for finishing 6th.

What was Sevilla heritage in CL?

Lord SInister

He lost against Sevilla, instead of talking about how shit he was, he wanted to highlight club failures in the past. Took 0 responsibility.

Liverpool did feck all in Europe for close to decade when Klopp took over, did you see him shitting on them or taking them to new highs?

Good manager makes team better, poor ones look for excuses.

If he wanted to speak truth, he should have said same things about league record, how second was seen as a failure just 3 seasons before he was hired and how shit he was for finishing 6th.

What was Sevilla heritage in CL?
Again it seems you got hurt by the word heritage when it seems he meant he did what he got from the club. See I don't disagree he is a cnut, and seems to get overtly defensive, but in this speech of him, I don't see him attacking Manchester United the club, rather the management and players he got. Yes absolutely terrible man management, but I don't see how it is an attack to the club. I think his use of the word "heritage" is what went against him. But I see it as him not being proficient in English vocabulary rather than him questioning our history and the actual "heritage".

Klopp also has his bad moments, so does Pep. Klopp gets players who he wants his plans and the management's plan are aligned. Hence he doesn't whine, Jose's plan and our plan were not aligned hence he whined about management not getting him players he wanted.

AshRK

Congrats to him and Roma. I think he is at a perfect club. Less pressure and more respect.

roonster09

Scout
Again it seems you got hurt by the word heritage when it seems he meant he did what he got from the club. See I don't disagree he is a cnut, and seems to get overtly defensive, but in this speech of him, I don't see him attacking Manchester United the club, rather the management and players he got. Yes absolutely terrible man management, but I don't see how it is an attack to the club. I think his use of the word "heritage" is what went against him. But I see it as him not being proficient in English vocabulary rather than him questioning our history and the actual "heritage".
Go on and tell us what was Sevilla's heritage in CL when they faced us.

What happened in 2003 had 0 relevance in 2017-18, the team that faced Sevilla was built by Jose and players who played CL semi finals.

He got a footballing lesson by Sevilla, both home and away, instead of focusing on the team and how poor the set up was, he went on to say irrelevant things. If the same thing was said after losing to Madrid, then yes as they are CL kings. He said this after game against Sevilla who probably never played CL QFs at that point and knocked out by Leicester in previous season. What was Leicester heritage or CL pedigree?

2017-18 - Won Round of 16 against ManUtd
2016-17 - Lost round of 16 vs Leicester
2015-16 - Lost in group stage
2014-15 - Didn't qualify for CL
2013-14 - Didn't qualify for CL
2012-13 - Didn't qualify
2011-12 - Didn't qualify

And you guys keeps repeating "he spoke the truth" as if past CL record matters. If it mattered then he was even worse for losing against Sevilla who had 0 CL history.

Just saw the edit, so Klopp gets the player he wants and Jose didn't? Klopp wanted other player than Salah, their management convinced him to sign Salah. If it was Jose fans, they would have come up with "he wasn't backed". Jose got all the players he wanted except Perisic, he pushed for Sanchez and got him in Jan. Managers can only dream of getting backing like this, only handful of managers were backed better. Not even Pep gets all the player he wants.

criticalanalysis

Go on and tell us what was Sevilla's heritage in CL when they faced us.

What happened in 2003 had 0 relevance in 2017-18, the team that faced Sevilla was built by Jose and players who played CL semi finals.

He got a footballing lesson by Sevilla, both home and away, instead of focusing on the team and how poor the set up was, he went on to say irrelevant things. If the same thing was said after losing to Madrid, then yes as they are CL kings. He said this after game against Sevilla who probably never played CL QFs at that point and knocked out by Leicester in previous season. What was Leicester heritage or CL pedigree?

2017-18 - Won Round of 16 against ManUtd
2016-17 - Lost round of 16 vs Leicester
2015-16 - Lost in group stage
2014-15 - Didn't qualify for CL
2013-14 - Didn't qualify for CL
2012-13 - Didn't qualify
2011-12 - Didn't qualify

And you guys keeps repeating "he spoke the truth" as if past CL record matters. If it mattered then he was even worse for losing against Sevilla who had 0 CL history.

Just saw the edit, so Klopp gets the player he wants and Jose didn't? Klopp wanted other player than Salah, their management convinced him to sign Salah. If it was Jose fans, they would have come up with "he wasn't backed". Jose got all the players he wanted except Perisic, he pushed for Sanchez and got him in Jan. Managers can only dream of getting backing like this, only handful of managers were backed better. Not even Pep gets all the player he wants.
Mic drop.

niklas32

Supports
Olympiacos
He probably would have if that idiot Levy didn't sack him after he got them into the final.
Woulda coulda shoulda
He was fired because he was not good enough. Results showed this with Conte.
He is a park-the-bus manager, not ideal for clubs with normal attacking mentality that chase league titles and not a league cup or a 3rd division European title like conference.

El Capitano

So what if United reached a final last season?nobody remembers 2nd places.
I can’t even remember who got 2nd place last WC.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Say what you want about him but I would take him over any coach in history to win a final. He is too tactically sound and too good especially in a winner takes all setting.

If the players buy into his thinking and style then you are guaranteed to win trophies with Jose Mourinho.
That’s a big if though..: not many players like playing his style of play. He might pick up a trophy or 2 but the players soon get bored of defensive football and then stop playing after there losing game after game. You have to score first with his tactics in the finals for it to come to plan.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
That’s a big if though..: not many players like playing his style of play. He might pick up a trophy or 2 but the players soon get bored of defensive football and then stop playing after there losing game after game. You have to score first with his tactics in the finals for it to come to plan.
Seems to work.

5/5 Finals wins and 4/5 clean sheets in those finals.

I am not sure their is any other coach I would want in a European final.

Playing sexy is cute and all but he is one of the most brilliant and tactically sound manages the game has ever seen. You can play cute all you want in the final vs him and he will win.

That Inter vs Barca semi final at the camp nou on 10 men was one of the most brilliant performances I have ever seen a team do.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I remember liking the Roma team around the turn of the century under Capello, and being very happy when they won the Scudetto in the 2001 (I think that was the final season that Serie A games were televised on Channel 4).

I didn’t imagine at that time, they in the next 20 years their only silverware would be 2 Coppa
Italias. It’s nice to see them winning a trophy again. We’ll see what happens going forward, but Mourinho seems very suited to life in Serie A, plus the fact that the expectations on him are lower at Roma compared to most of his previous clubs where he was expected to deliver league titles quickly.