Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
His contract ends in June. If he wasnt sent off I guess Roma would rather see his contract out. He had been sent off 5 times. Thats crazy.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why is it sad? Was a successful manager, but is he a great? Awful and negative management style, liked to throw players under the bus, toxic attitude, and generally negative playing style.
Oh prime Jose was definitely one of the greats. Easily.

RedRocket08

Would anyone see him doing well as a DOF? Not saying as our DOF, but at a club like Leipzig/Ajax/Porto to start off with and prove himself. His management style doesn't suit modern players but the man had an eye for picking mentality monsters in his early days - Maybe he would do well as a DOF where he assembles teams, but doesn't necessarily coach them, hence minimising his contact with players.

joi_division

Supports
AS Roma
Cons
- Brought the club into FFP trouble
- Embarrassed the club with his comments (excuses) after every loss
- Worst Roma coach in 30 years
- 5 red cards in 18 months
- Lost 5/6 derbies
- Can’t beat a top 10 team

Pros -
- Brought in record attendances
- Won 1x Cup although I begrudgingly count the Conference League as a cup

Good riddance Jose

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sacked in the morning, might have to consider retirement or a couple of years out of the game resetting his tactical outlook. He is yesterday's man.
International management surely has to be his next move. He should've taken the Portugal job when it last came up. Might've been contender for Brazil but they've just given the job to Dorival Jr.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Cons
- Lost 5/6 derbies

Pros -

Good riddance Jose
Worst Roma coach? Really? I thought his win rate is decent.

RedRocket08

His contract ends in June. If he wasnt sent off I guess Roma would rather see his contract out. He had been sent off 5 times. Thats crazy.
I think this is Roma trying to save some money (While trying to get a top quality coach in before the Summer if possible) tbh, especially considering they're going nowhere in the league this season. Man did win Roma a European trophy after 50 years, so I wouldn't think the board had any hard feelings towards him, as is implied in their statement.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surprised. Have they been bad or something? He's done well there all things considered.
Out of the cup, 4 points off 11th so about the same as what Ten Hag is producing domestically.

I did think they'd hold off sacking him until end of their europa league campaign as he did well in that last season and they have play off next month to get through to last 16.

SATA

Cons
- Lost 5/6 derbies

Pros -

Good riddance Jose
Wow those cons were brutal, kind of similar when he was here managing United. I would have thought he was really adored at Roma especially after he had delivered you a trophy after so many years

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Cons
- Lost 5/6 derbies

Pros -

Good riddance Jose
Wow

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Cons
- Lost 5/6 derbies

Pros -

Good riddance Jose
No mention of the football you were forced to endure?

Hughes35

He will get another club and will more than likely win another trophy.

He's still a good manager for a couple of years if you just want to win something. Football has moved on though in terms of how players are cuddled and style of play etc. Hard to know where his next move will be though....... Newcastle, PSG or somebody like West Ham even?

I'd love to see him given the England job. Tournament football is his specialty and I'd just love to see it all..... Even the inevitable fall out at the end.

ROFLUTION

Cons
- Lost 5/6 derbies

Pros -

Good riddance Jose
Any chance Totti, Montella or other club legends will be manager after Jose?

PSV

Cons
- Lost 5/6 derbies

Pros -

Good riddance Jose
Remove the red cards and its awfully similar to someone else.:wenger:

Wiesenlooser

Supports
Bayern Munich
Cons
- Lost 5/6 derbies

Pros -

Good riddance Jose

He won them a title and made it to the European League Final. How does that make him the worst Roma coach in 30 years?

Red Star One

Where will he find a better job? Roma's inferiority complex is such a good match for his hurt ego. He has convinced them that not creating a good chance until the 88th minute against their local rivals is perfectly normal, and the Olimpico is sold out more often than not during his tenure. It was mentioned after the derby that his record against the rest of the 7 sisters plus Atalanta (in all competitions) is 8 wins, 8 draws and 21 defeats, with 37 goals for and 51 against, in 37 matches. Top paid manager in Serie A (shares the first spot with Allegri)...
I’m not sure if this was also a dig at ETH and our fanbase… sounds eerily similar

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Time for him to accept his club days are over and to take on a national team where he can still be top... Missed his chance with Portugal

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Time for him to accept his club days are over and to take on a national team where he can still be top... Missed his chance with Portugal
He won’t. He’ll just keep dropping down a level until he feels exhausted and worn out. I bet he lands at a club like Palace or Fulham next.

Castia

Should take a job in Saudi for ridiculous money before having a crack at international management before he retires

hobbers

Roma showing us how it should be done when you have a manager obviously taking your club nowhere.

Pronewbie

Peep
He will get another club and will more than likely win another trophy.

He's still a good manager for a couple of years if you just want to win something. Football has moved on though in terms of how players are cuddled and style of play etc. Hard to know where his next move will be though....... Newcastle, PSG or somebody like West Ham even?

I'd love to see him given the England job. Tournament football is his specialty and I'd just love to see it all..... Even the inevitable fall out at the end.
It'd be an absolute blast if he gets the England job. But I suspect the FA wouldn't want his sort anywhere near them.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He should retire. International Football is full of adversity and harsh criticisim, the more I think about it and the least I see him fit in.

thisisnottaken1

The career peak of a football manager is usually shorter than people think. Sacchi is (IMO) the most influent football manager to exist and his peak was less than 5 seasons. Mourinho won titles regularly between 2002 and 2017.

If you remove Ancelotti and Sir Alex from the equation, you'll find little to none football managers who actually had longer peaks.
What about Guardiola?

Juicy Juiced

Not my type of manager but disrespect he gets is hilarious.
That run from porto-chelsea-inter was something, 99% of managers would kill for years like that.
And some of our fans need to let go that Nani red card.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He won’t. He’ll just keep dropping down a level until he feels exhausted and worn out. I bet he lands at a club like Palace or Fulham next.
His ego could accept managing such sides?

Can't see it. Think he'd rather be a big fish in a smaller pond than fodder in a bigger pool.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Would anyone see him doing well as a DOF? Not saying as our DOF, but at a club like Leipzig/Ajax/Porto to start off with and prove himself. His management style doesn't suit modern players but the man had an eye for picking mentality monsters in his early days - Maybe he would do well as a DOF where he assembles teams, but doesn't necessarily coach them, hence minimising his contact with players.
Think this would only lead to power squabbles and the question of him replacing the manager looming over constantly.