Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MalcolmTucker

They weren't even bad yesterday. If they had someone better at final balls/decision making than Lamela, they could have had three one on ones. They may very well have won.

I think people are overrating our performance. We did not put in a clear winner performance, not even close.

At first they had difficulty with Pogba but reacted quite well. They were near our box quite a few, so I am not sure what people are talking about.
That's the point. We didn't play well which makes it more hilarious that Mourinho had the likes of Kane and Son defending in the Spurs' third for the majority of the second half. We looked shaky in defense and De Gea had a nightmare yet instead of attempting to get a second, they sat back and inevitably conceded an equaliser. I'd be pissed off as a Spurs fan just as I was pissed off when Mourinho did the same cowardly tactics when he was our manager.

They were also cheated of three corners yesterday, which could have had a big impact on the match. They may have had it up our end a lot longer if those were given.
:lol: the injustice! Not even Spurs fans would clutch at such measly straws.

Red00012

I love him. I love that he winds you lot up so much. Its tremendous.
He doesn’t wind me up at all to be honest I’m glad we’re rid of him. After watching those 90mins you love him ? You and him are a match made in heaven.:wenger:

JohnnyKills

I like his honesty and jus overall personality. He says it how he sees it and i respect that. Ive always liked him though because i think he is a cheeky fecker and he makes me laugh.
Why not sign Paddy McGuinness as manager then, if that's what you're looking for?

Untd55

That's the point. We didn't play well which makes it more hilarious that Mourinho had the likes of Kane and Son defending in the Spurs' third for the majority of the second half. We looked shaky in defense and De Gea had a nightmare yet instead of attempting to get a second, they sat back and inevitably conceded an equaliser. I'd be pissed off as a Spurs fan just as I was pissed off when Mourinho did the same cowardly tactics when he was our manager.

:lol: the injustice! Not even Spurs fans would clutch at such measly straws.
They didn't sit back, though. As I said, Lamela cocked up three almost certain one-on-one chances. They could have been three-nil in the first half if he actually passed the ball. Kane and Son were both open to being through on goal against De Gea in the first half.

Also, the corner issue. Really? You have never seen people get irritated over wrong decisions like that. It happens all the time on here. If it was the other way around, people would be saying 'we were cheated' and 'we didn't win because the referee was against us'. I don't do double standards, so I will say that it did cock up a few of their attacking plays, which could have had a major bearing on the game. Whether you like it or not, it benefited us a lot.

Kag

You’ll hate the thought of watching football before he leaves your club. You’ll even hate thinking about the prospect of it. Take what you can, I guess.

RORY65

You’ll hate the thought of watching football before he leaves your club. You’ll even hate thinking about the prospect of it. Take what you can, I guess.
He could become one of the Mourinho flat-earther types, there's still plenty of United fans like that who believe that he tells it like it is despite everything he says being disingenuous, self-serving bollocks and if he'd just been backed (ignoring the £400m he largely wasted) he would have succeeded despite him clearly being a busted flush who should have been sacked much earlier.

Kag

He could become one of the Mourinho flat-earther types, there's still plenty of United fans like that who believe that he tells it like it is despite everything he says being disingenuous, self-serving bollocks and if he'd just been backed (ignoring the £400m he largely wasted) he would have succeeded despite him clearly being a busted flush who should have been sacked much earlier.
Probably. He’s already started floating the idea that Mourinho needs a whole new set of defenders. I remember these posts vividly.

Gomes

Probably. He’s already started floating the idea that Mourinho needs a whole new set of defenders. I remember these posts vividly.
People were talking about before Mourinho was the manager.

Kag

People were talking about before Mourinho was the manager.
Maybe, but my point still stands. Their supporters (as well as his United-supporting acolytes) will argue the need for a new striker to replace Kane before long. Alli won’t be good enough either. Ndombele is unprofessional and isn’t fit enough. We’ve seen this all before.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I was relieved when he brought off Bergwijn tbh. That side was the one capable of causing us troubles as Shaw isn't particularly fast and if they hit a counter attack from that side, we would've been in deep trouble.
He's crying about the subs, but he made a terrible decision to sub Bergwijn who was the most likely to score a winner from their side as Son and Kane were below par
Speaking of Kane I was getting horrible visions of what the Euro's would have looked like thanks to his his performance last night.

You just know Southgate would have rushed him back, played him and never subbed him no matter what and he would have been every bit as anonymous as he was last night.

Cloud7

They didn't sit back, though. As I said, Lamela cocked up three almost certain one-on-one chances. They could have been three-nil in the first half if he actually passed the ball. Kane and Son were both open to being through on goal against De Gea in the first half.

Also, the corner issue. Really? You have never seen people get irritated over wrong decisions like that. It happens all the time on here. If it was the other way around, people would be saying 'we were cheated' and 'we didn't win because the referee was against us'. I don't do double standards, so I will say that it did cock up a few of their attacking plays, which could have had a major bearing on the game. Whether you like it or not, it benefited us a lot.
Wow I didn't know folks like this still existed around here :lol:

The following that Jose manages to get out of people is really something

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No win in 7 for Tottenham. 2 draws and 5 losses. Dour football.

But at least he rattles Manchester United fans up!

Strelok

Imo, gave us too much respect. Was surprised to see the account of territory we had.
It was no surprise for me at all. Still remember that fecker got us to play with two DM, park the bus and hitting long balls against Huddersfield I think (or some newly promoted team, I can't remember exactly which team). And at OTF ffs. My blood is boiling whenever I think about this. Fecking disgrace.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Harry Kane played as a Forward Midfielder and Erik Lamela played as a prick.
Innovative.

AshRK

They weren't even bad yesterday. If they had someone better at final balls/decision making than Lamela, they could have had three one on ones. They may very well have won.

I think people are overrating our performance. We did not put in a clear winner performance, not even close.

At first they had difficulty with Pogba but reacted quite well. They were near our box quite a few, so I am not sure what people are talking about.

They were also cheated of three corners yesterday, which could have had a big impact on the match. They may have had it up our end a lot longer if those were given.
Apart from the goal and son's chance could you tell me what they offered attacking wise and you are saying they were not bad and united's performance was overrated. We literally were all over them in the second half and lloris saved them. Against a Jose's side you don't get chance after chance but we did create some good chance and we failed to finish it. If you are thinking or denoting that yesterday spurs were any good like us then buddy you need to take off your Jose glasses.

MalcolmTucker

You're clearly one of those weird Mourinho fans so instead of explaining how you're wrong I'm just going to laugh at you instead...

:lol::lol::lol:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We should have won it and his tactics would be shown for what they truly are. Anti football. I’m so glad he’s not here anymore. Yes they showed heart and worked hard but they Also have some of the best players in the league, they were at home and they desperately needed to win. Post match He was back playing the underdog and we don’t have this or that compared to them. It’s just self serving whining after a while isn’t it? It’s not cheeky or funny. He’s a shadow of what he was.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Spurs fans react:

This guy has them playing like they’re defending Stalingrad in 1943. Free us. We want democracy.
A team that is not match fit, that looked like they were pretty much done running at 70 minutes, yet he made only two subs. Sheff Utd made 3, Aston Villa 4, Woolwich 5, City 5, Norwich 5, Southampton 5, Man United 5. Spurs 2: Our two best performing offensive players were pulled.

He is such a shit manager.
Tottenham will never be successful trying to play like a Sam Allardyce team. It's just not in the DNA of the club. And it's fecking horrible to watch.
61% to -39% possession in favor of Man Utd.

Pretty standard for a Jose team, but I can’t stand it. fecking tired of this style of play. Just get rid of this man, please.
His starting 11 and subs last night confirmed he’s an expired fool with 0 vision as to how we wants us to play long term
The man knows more about football and winning than any mug posting on the internet. The problem is not Jose, it's the man who employed Jose. That man is a business man, but he is not a football man. Mistakes after mistakes on the footballing side. He shouldn't have employed Jose and it will all end in tears. Again.
As said above, I can’t see this ending in any other way than acrimony, tears and bitterness.

It’s a really hard watch tbh. I wouldn’t watch Mourinho’s teams before he came to Spurs. I’m now watching my team through my fingers.

Last nights display had elements to be commended, individual highlights (Hugo saves, Dier at CB, Sissoko work rate etc) but the game plan, tactics and ‘personality’ of the team was pure Mourinho. And we got a point. That’s it. Defending for the whole second half, kicking the ball away to no one. Embarrassing.

If he was managing West Ham or Aston Villa, then fair enough but it isn’t good enough at Spurs. We should all expect more.
We are stuck with this cnut until he quits. No way Levy pays that compensation during Corona Times. Strap yourselves in.
There are a few positive posts about Mourinho but the sentiment seems to be that hiring him was a mistake.

mav_9me

Sure if you want to enjoy that.

But genuine question. How do you think he has done so far? Don't you feel he is regressed your general play?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Harry Kane played as a Forward Midfielder and Erik Lamela played as a prick.
Innovative.
Always going to be tough to find someone to do a comparable job at prick when Dele Alli is suspended tbf

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Spurs fans react:

There are a few positive posts about Mourinho but the sentiment seems to be that hiring him was a mistake.
If you said you copied posts from old Jose thread, I would have believed you. Amazing how similar posts are.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Amazing "ManUtd fan" moans about the corners sours didn't get but not a word on Lamela not getting yellow after making so many yellow worthy fouls.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He won the tactical battle. We barely created much and they could counter on us.
Hardly. They scored a run through out of a long ball, had one chance shortly after and that was it. We had Rashford in the first half twice, Martial in the second half twice, Greenwood at the end, the pen and dominated the ball and were the only side trying anything (not to mention the couple of good shots from range from Bruno). XG for the game also heavily in our favor. Thats not winning the tactical battle... thats some good goalkeeping and luck on their part vs bad goalkeeping on our part and not being clinical/sharp enough. And they were at home and far more desperate for a win.