Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
People made exactly the same excuses when he was here.

Injuries, not backed in the transfer market, it’s the board’s fault.
Maybe he had the same problems with Utd then, doesn't make it wrong. Are you suggesting we didn't have critical injuries and they didn't impact on our season? Im amazed if you think we should be fine without our two best players (plus losing eriksen).

Judas

Open to offers
That 2nd place finish was miserable. The majority wanted him gone after that, its not from being spoilt its just it was genuinely that boring and awful to watch and he was a horrible toxic idiot. Yeah the history books will show it as somewhat of a good achievement but from a Utd fan perspective, it wasn't a season that we'll hold onto with any real fondness.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
But I don’t understand why your attack has regressed quite so much. You have world class talent. The easy answer is that Mourinho has a safety first, back foot approach and he’s not going to change. Top attacking players will never truly enjoy playing for him because of his tactical set up – it’s stifling.
No Eriksen. That's your answer.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
You have dismissed the europa league and league cup. Id give anything to win one of them. Id say you are very spoilt yeah.
I’ve dismissed them in the context of what it cost our club in the process of winning them. Mourinho spent £500m and left us in mutiny and with players not fit for purpose. He doesn’t manage with the club’s best interests at heart, just his own CV.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
That 2nd place finish was miserable. The majority wanted him gone after that, its not from being spoilt its just it was genuinely that boring and awful to watch and he was a horrible toxic idiot. Yeah the history books will show it as somewhat of a good achievement but from a Utd fan perspective, it wasn't a season that we'll hold onto with any really fondness.
I totally agree. Finishing second is not a good achievement, btw, especially when you play joyless, shit house football and finish a record number of points behind the winner.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I totally agree. Finishing second is not a good achievement, btw, especially when you play joyless, shit house football and finish a record number of points behind the winner.
The point was that it was a significant improvement on missing out on top 4. Now i wait to see the '2nd isn't better than 5th or less because' whataboutery.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Maybe he had the same problems with Utd then, doesn't make it wrong. Are you suggesting we didn't have critical injuries and they didn't impact on our season? Im amazed if you think we should be fine without our two best players (plus losing eriksen).
No I don’t think he had the same problems. He spent hundreds of millions and largely wasted the money. Either that, or got players who he then chucked under the bus. He treated people like Fred and Lindelof like shit on his shoe, but we are now getting a tune out of them. Not great players by any means but certainly serviceable. Mourinho isn’t interested in coaching, he wants instant fixes so he can boost his own CV here and now.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
The point was that it was a significant improvement on missing out on top 4. Now i wait to see the '2nd isn't better than 5th or less because' whataboutery.
He finished 2nd one season, a record number of points behind the winner. Let’s hang out the bunting. What were his other finishes with us? They were shite given the money spent.

Judas

Open to offers
I wouldn't wish the Jose experience we had when we finished 2nd on any team, he was just a vile miserable little bloke who made most turn against him and the team, just so toxic, but you know what the ignorance and unwilling to take notice of the past means Spurs are welcome to him, it will end the same way.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I wouldn't wish the Jose experience we had when we finished 2nd on any team, he was just a vile miserable little bloke who made most turn against him and the team, just so toxic, but you know what the ignorance and unwilling to take notice of the past means Spurs are welcome to him, it will end the same way.
He is the epitome of a little man.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
No I don’t think he had the same problems. He spent hundreds of millions and largely wasted the money. Either that, or got players who he then chucked under the bus. He treated people like Fred and Lindelof like shit on his shoe, but we are now getting a tune out of them. Not great players by any means but certainly serviceable. Mourinho isn’t interested in coaching, he wants instant fixes so he can boost his own CV here and now.
So if he didn't have the same problems why are you suggesting that it's all the same excuses?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
So if he didn't have the same problems why are you suggesting that it's all the same excuses?
Because those were the excuses offered up. I’m just saying those excuses are bollocks. Teams get injuries, managers are sometimes not given the money they desire, but a proper manager / coach can still roll his sleeves up and try to coax a performance from what is available. Mourinho too often now just approaches things with a defeatist attitude. “Oh well, how can I possibly compete given all the injuries and lack of transfer funds.”

Get on the training pitch and improve what you have available to you, you lazy cnut.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Because those were the excuses offered up. I’m just saying those excuses are bollocks. Teams get injuries, managers are sometimes not given the money they desire, but a proper manager / coach can still roll his sleeves up and try to coax a performance from what is available. Mourinho too often now just approaches things with a defeatist attitude. “Oh well, how can I possibly compete given all the injuries and lack of transfer funds.”

Get on the training pitch and improve what you have available to you, you lazy cnut.
What was available to him was a 17 year old reserve striker and a winger who has never played up front. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
:lol: you wish Pogba was half as influential as Eriksen was for Spurs
Influential in what? Finishing third in a two horse title race?

You’re going on in this thread about dying to win trophies.

Pogba scored a goal in a Europa League final win. Sounds like a pretty good influence to me.

Mourinho couldn’t deal with managing Pogba. He probably would have made an arse of looking after Eriksen too.

How are KdB and Salah getting on these days btw?

Has anyone checked in on Rashford or Martial’s progress while we’re at it?

I feel dreadfully sorry for Kane.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
What was available to him was a 17 year old reserve striker and a winger who has never played up front. You have no idea what you are talking about.
Ah yes, Troy Parrott, the poor lad who got thrown under the bus. I present to you... Mason Greenwood.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I have no idea what I’m talking about. Go and have a look at the murders Dyche is having with the Burnley board. Still doesn’t stop him punching well above his weight in the league, and never fecking whinging about it.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Mourinho isn't gonna win trophies with Spurs. You can quote me on this.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Lets see how he does shall we? His last club he joined with no success for several years was Utd and he brought you a couple of trophies. So hopefully he does the same for us.
We won FA cup just month before Jose was announced as manager. We didn't have success in league and CL, Jose didn't win any of that.

And no, second place is not a success, it's just improvement on our previous league position. Success is winning trophies, especially at a club that spend shit loads of money.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Ah yes, Troy Parrott, the poor lad who got thrown under the bus. I present to you... Mason Greenwood.
Are you suggesting that all 17 year old strikers are as good as Mason Greenwood? You are in for a shock if that is what you think.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Also Jose's football is bearable only if your team is winning major trophies, otherwise it's just pointless, spending shit loads of money, playing the worst football in the league and not even winning anything. To make it even worse, he is a twat who criticizes everyone to save himself and takes 0 responsibilities.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The second place didn't last, it wasn't even a false dawn since a lot of us could see that we were bang average and the next season showed it. That's probably the part that you don't get, United fans knew that we weren't the 2nd best team because it was visible on the field and that we didn't actually improve despite increasing the wage bill by 100m and spending near 400m in transfer fees, we were still the 5th-6th best team in the PL at the start of the 2018/2019 season.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Are you suggesting that all 17 year old strikers are as good as Mason Greenwood? You are in for a shock if that is what you think.
Not at all.

Just that if you place your trust in young people, you have a better chance of getting the desired results than destroying their confidence.

When Jose went off on his “why always Lukaku” rant, it was at the expense of two young strikers who have subsequently ripped it up relative to the oaf.

Again, sometimes you have to put the hard yards in and not just opt for the quick fix.

Someone like Mourinho with his incessant whingeing just becomes so tiresome for the fans eventually, imagine how the players must feel.

ReddevilTinu

Consider yourself in a car. Now pull the hand break and start driving the car. After some time the car is going to break down. This analogy sums up Mourinho's playing style and management

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don’t know why you lot bother, honestly. The only Spurs fan in here is talking a massive amount of shite.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That 2nd place finish was miserable. The majority wanted him gone after that, its not from being spoilt its just it was genuinely that boring and awful to watch and he was a horrible toxic idiot. Yeah the history books will show it as somewhat of a good achievement but from a Utd fan perspective, it wasn't a season that we'll hold onto with any real fondness.
Indeed, the gap with City was so huge that the 2nd place was meaningless.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The last few months of that season was a chore. Right from that Sevilla game, the football was the worst we experienced post Fergie. Worse than LVG. We had finished second and I was adamant, beyond convinced that we needed to get rid once the season ended.
Wasn't even only the football. It was the atmosphere. I will never forget his post match comments against Brighton. We sold our souls to the devil.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Don’t know why you lot bother, honestly. The only Spurs fan in here is talking a massive amount of shite.
We are trying to save his soul, that's how charitable we are. :D

Jonno

Jose is giving Daniel Levy exactly what he wanted, they’re 4th in the league (since Jose took over).

It’s not particularly entertaining or fun, you can just see the life sucked out of the squad, but he’ll get you wins.

I’m greatful for everything he did at United, I supported him to the end, but I’m really glad he’s someone else’s problem now and We’ve got Ole.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Influential in what? Finishing third in a two horse title race?

You’re going on in this thread about dying to win trophies.

Pogba scored a goal in a Europa League final win. Sounds like a pretty good influence to me.

Mourinho couldn’t deal with managing Pogba. He probably would have made an arse of looking after Eriksen too.

How are KdB and Salah getting on these days btw?

Has anyone checked in on Rashford or Martial’s progress while we’re at it?

I feel dreadfully sorry for Kane.
Well said.