g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jose Mourinho v Ryan Giggs... who do you want? [POLL]

Who would you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Can't believe some people out there will be happy if Giggs got the job on the sole reason that he's been at the club for a long time. Well Albert the kit man was at United for donkeys years, maybe he should be added to the poll?
Don't forget Fred the Red and the washing machine lady.

DrunkenBeaver

I bet you 5p he doesn't do anything. He'll eventually rock up as one of our ambassadors (which would be good) - but if he never gets the United job - he won't bother going further in management. I've said it before, but the impression is that he wants to be United manager - not that he has any interest in management per se.

I get this feeling too which is what makes me uneasy about the whole thing.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I bet you 5p he doesn't do anything. He'll eventually rock up as one of our ambassadors (which would be good) - but if he never gets the United job - he won't bother going further in management. I've said it before, but the impression is that he wants to be United manager - not that he has any interest in management per se.
I have the same impression.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I get this feeling too which is what makes me uneasy about the whole thing.
I'm hoping someone with common sense on the board sees reason, otherwise only God knows where we're headed.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Dang, first Walrus, and now you too. I'm getting good at this sarcasm lark aren't I.
No worries pal I went through a similar phase where even the likes of Eyepopper lost their shit with me.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
There's no logical reason as to why Giggs should get the job. Knowing the club inside out means feck all if you can't manage a team properly and nobody knows whether he can. For a club of our supposed size and ambitions it would be insane to hire him. Too much of a risk to take when Mourinho is available.

Cal?

CR7 fan
There are actually 24 supposed United fans who want Giggs ahead of Jose?

spwd

I find the whole 'waiting to be offered the job' thing a bit unedifying to be honest. If Giggs wanted to be a manager he'd be one by now. Probably could have got himself a decent Championship side to manage or even a team in the bottom part of the PL given his name value. It shows to me that he doesn't really have much fire in his belly for the profession of being a manager and instead just wants to work somewhere he's familiar with.

In some ways I find it a bit disrespectful to the job that someone's prepared to do no more to earn it than sit and wait for it to be given to them.
It will be interesting to see what he does if he doesn't get the job and the next manager won't have him on his staff. Will he try his hand somewhere else or will be do the usual cop out, going into punditry.
I feel the same way too, if he doesn't get the Utd job I bet he won't bother trying anywhere else and if he does get it and screws it up I can see him just saying ah well I tried but don't think being a manager is for me, really cant see him buckling down and trying to be successful somewhere else, if he thought like that he'd already be doing it.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Oppo fans would love to see Giggs be appointed.
I wouldn't say i'd ''love'' to see Giggs take over from van Gaal, but i'd be very intrigued to see how the man Bryan Robson labelled the Pep Guardiola of United fares were he to take charge.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff

vidic blood & sand

I wouldn't say i'd ''love'' to see Giggs take over from van Gaal, but i'd be very intrigued to see how the man Bryan Robson labelled the Pep Guardiola of United fares were he to take charge.
The only reservation I have about Giggs, is that he might be too nice of a guy to succeed in the cut throat world of the premiership elite. That's why I'd like to see how he would handle being thrown into the lions den right now, even if it was just till the end of the season.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
The only reservation I have about Giggs, is that he might be too nice of a guy to succeed in the cut throat world of the premiership elite. That's why I'd like to see how he would handle being thrown into the lions den right now, even if it was just till the end of the season.
No I think he might have a ruthless side to him considering the stories about his brother

WhoDaGOAT

I'm sure Giggs has plenty of ruthlessness in him, seen as no skirt is off the table.

ZupZup

There are actually 24 supposed United fans who want Giggs ahead of Jose?
'Supposed fan'?

Yep... that's me. My season ticket and the fact I spend a fortune watching my team play home and away is just a lavish front and I do it purely for espionage! :wenger:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Opposition fans votes shouldn't be counted here - it's not their club's future on the line

Cal?

CR7 fan
'Supposed fan'?

Yep... that's me. My season ticket and the fact I spend a fortune watching my team play home and away is just a lavish front and I do it purely for espionage! :wenger:
Do please elaborate on why it is you think Giggs is qualified to be the next United manager then.

Being around Sir Alex for a long long time is not exactly a great reason, a quick look at Neville's record at Valencia tells the story.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Tbf the Sunday Supplement hacks this morning acknowledged (somewhat in shock) that Giggs does not have the fans' support for the job in general, certainly not in the face of someone like Mourinho, so at least some of them know the situation as we perceive it.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It really comes to something when fans like me prefer José Bloody Mourinho to a modern-day legend of the club; but that's how seriously I (and no doubt many others) view our situation. Something has to change, dramatically so.

Mister_Stubbs

Do please elaborate on why it is you think Giggs is qualified to be the next United manager then.

Being around Sir Alex for a long long time is not exactly a great reason, a quick look at Neville's record at Valencia tells the story.
Because he is the second coming of Pep, ghez don't you know anything?

Cal?

CR7 fan
Because he is the second coming of Pep, ghez don't you know anything?
My mistake, we're so desperate not to run the club the way Perez does we should be appointing a recently retired legend with very very little management experience.

Isn't that exactly what Perez did?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Status
Not open for further replies.