Jose Mourinho v Ryan Giggs... who do you want? [POLL]

Who would you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Opposition fans votes shouldn't be counted here - it's not their club's future on the line
You're right. We need a screening system of some sort. It's intolerable that these bastards can so easily sabotage everything we hold dear. Intolerable!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If people think Giggs couldn't do worse than LVG, they are in for a shock.

ZupZup

Do please elaborate on why it is you think Giggs is qualified to be the next United manager then.

Being around Sir Alex for a long long time is not exactly a great reason, a quick look at Neville's record at Valencia tells the story.
I don't really have any desire to elaborate. I answered the poll. I stated earlier in this thread that I didn't have an overly strong opinion on the matter.

Why do you feel the need to debate it with me or call my support into question? My opinion matters about as much as yours which amounts to 'not even a tiny bit'. The club will make their decision. I'd imagine they already have.

I'm fairly certain Jose is our next manager. I hope he proves to be a big success and I'll still be at the matches supporting as always.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Tbf the Sunday Supplement hacks this morning acknowledged (somewhat in shock) that Giggs does not have the fans' support for the job in general, certainly not in the face of someone like Mourinho, so at least some of them know the situation as we perceive it.
Bout the only true thing that disgusting lot have said on their show. Hope the board are listening. Fecking United board are as thick as two planks it seems.:rolleyes:

Adisa

It really comes to something when fans like me prefer José Bloody Mourinho to a modern-day legend of the club; but that's how seriously I (and no doubt many others) view our situation. Something has to change, dramatically so.
This. I am not Mourinho's biggest fan at all. I don't even like him but we are in a desperate situation. Mourinho or Giggs isn't even a debate. ABUs can shout panic all they like, I don't care.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I don't really have any desire to elaborate. I answered the poll. I stated earlier in this thread that I didn't have an overly strong opinion on the matter.

Why do you feel the need to debate it with me or call my support into question? My opinion matters about as much as yours which amounts to 'not even a tiny bit'. The club will make their decision. I'd imagine they already have.

I'm fairly certain Jose is our next manager. I hope he proves to be a big success and I'll still be at the matches supporting as always.
Fine... I was just curious of why anyone would think Giggs is qualified for the role.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Because of my dislike of Jose it's not even close for me.

But I've never been overly against Giggs getting a shot. Big risk but so worth it if it pays off

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
If people think Giggs couldn't do worse than LVG, they are in for a shock.
There seems to be this sort of general attitude that our level under Moyes/LVG is generally the lowest we can hit, and that it's pretty much impossible to get worse so we don't need to worry about Giggs from that perspective, which is a bit concerning because it's untrue. A disastrous season under Giggs (which is possible) could see us doing terribly in what is generally a competitive, tight league.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Because of my dislike of Jose it's not even close for me.

But I've never been overly against Giggs getting a shot. Big risk but so worth it if it pays off
I'm not crazy about Jose's personality either - but rather that than the club take an even riskier proposition at this moment in time. The club's needs come first. We can't afford to gamble again for a long time.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I'm not crazy about Jose's personality either - but rather that than the club take an even riskier proposition at this moment in time. The club's needs come first. We can't afford to gamble again for a long time.
I can't see Giggs doing worse than Jose did last time out

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I can't see Giggs doing worse than Jose did last time out
At Chelsea? Mourinho still won a league title - Chelsea's only title since 2009/10. The problems at Chelsea go well beyond Mourinho (even though he conducted himself terribly). But if Giggs doesn't do any worse than Mourinho, then he'll have won us the league.

Loon

:lol:
This is now becoming so much like the chaotic 70s, it's not even funny. You can make assumptions about who on the board is touting which manager, but the idea of putting a guy who has never run a football club day to day in charge of a football team in free fall is lunacy. I know *loonacy. Look at the name.

*Lunacy. Thanks @Akash

Last edited:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
This type of poll really makes me think that what if the people we have in charge are guys like Randall and Twigg. Like what if Ed Woodward actually thinks like them and that is why are in the mess we are right now. Its scary when you think about it - comes down to sheer luck that whomever is in charge has decent judgement or not.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
This is now becoming so much like the chaotic 70s, it's not even funny. You can make assumptions about who on the board is touting which manager, but the idea of putting a guy who has never run a football club day to day in charge of a football team in free fall is loonacy. I know loonacy. Look at the name.
Can't spell it though...

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
At Chelsea? Mourinho still won a league title - Chelsea's only title since 2009/10. The problems at Chelsea go well beyond Mourinho (even though he conducted himself terribly). But if Giggs doesn't do any worse than Mourinho, then he'll have won us the league.
I'm talking this season and I place 100% of the blame at Jose 's feet

Giggs will not do a worse job than that

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
This type of poll really makes me think that what if the people we have in charge are guys like Randall and Twigg. Like what if Ed Woodward actually thinks like them and that is why are in the mess we are right now. Its scary when you think about it - comes down to sheer luck that whomever is in charge has decent judgement or not.
Oh go lick your own arse some more please.

SalfordRed1960

Bit of an unfair poll. I can't stand Jose, but there is no comparison between an experienced manager and a number 2 with little proven managerial experience.

I would like to think that when they look for LVG's replacement it goes further than these 2 candidates.

vidic blood & sand

This. I am not Mourinho's biggest fan at all. I don't even like him but we are in a desperate situation. Mourinho or Giggs isn't even a debate. ABUs can shout panic all they like, I don't care.
Yeah
I think we're all just wanting someone at united to end this Van Gaal torture. I backed him right up until the Southampton game, and defended him on this forum, but it's now reached critical mass.
Bit of an unfair poll. I can't stand Jose, but there is no comparison between an experienced manager and a number 2 with little proven managerial experience.

I would like to think that when they look for LVG's replacement it goes further than these 2 candidates.
I think it's already decided that Mourinho is the man. There are too many sources saying it's a done deal. And so the Poll is simply whether some of us would prefer Giggs or someone else.
If it was still up in the air, other names would be in the poll I guess.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'm talking this season and I place 100% of the blame at Jose 's feet

Giggs will not do a worse job than that
Again, how do we know? We're placing a man with no managerial experience whatsoever into a team that needs to be overhauled and has some massive deficiencies. If De Gea leaves in the summer, that's only going to get worse. Giggs is going to have some absolutely massive calls to make. Does he persist with Rooney, or does Martial lead the line? Do we persist with signings that haven't worked out like Depay and Darmian, or do we replace them? What style does he play, considering our current one is dire? Does he persist with Blind in defence? Does he play Jones or Rojo? Does he buy someone new?

All this is being placed into the hands of someone who hasn't ever been a full-time manager before...and it won't be worse than Chelsea's season because...why? Of course, it probably wouldn't get that bad, but the capacity for it to happen is certainly there.

Tyrion

I'm amazed Mourinho has only got 94%.

That's the point.. the media won't be able to state that he's popular when a fan poll on the biggest United forum proves otherwise (you'd hope...)
Are you suggesting that the British media is in touch with the fans? :nervous:

Adisa

There seems to be this sort of general attitude that our level under Moyes/LVG is generally the lowest we can hit, and that it's pretty much impossible to get worse so we don't need to worry about Giggs from that perspective, which is a bit concerning because it's untrue. A disastrous season under Giggs (which is possible) could see us doing terribly in what is generally a competitive, tight league.
Exactly. Another disastrous campaign under Giggs could have permanent damage. We are currently only a few points from 8/9th position. The idea we can't lose more games under Giggs is deluded. And in this league p, we could suddenly find ourselves mid table.

Walters_19_MuFc

This is a hard one for me. Although on paper there should be only one winner, I'm not a massive fan of Mourinho for a few reasons. Having said that, him coming to United will hopefully most likely guarantee trophies, whereas, due to the lack of experience from Giggs, our following seasons could pan out like it has under Moyes and Van Gaal. However, if we look at the aforementioned managers, they had/have bags of experience - the latter having expeirence in Europe too, yet it didn't seem to work.

Therefore, it begs the question. Do we need another experienced manager, who will come in and possibly chnage up quite a lot of things (staff, players, formation, tactics, etc) or do we need someone who's knows the club, knows how they work and knows the players? I can imagine all of the players will have massive respect for Giggs. SAF and Bobby Charlton are bigs fans, etc.

In an ideal world, if we could have Giggs as manager, but bring in a great coach - someone who is tactically brilliant, whilst Giggs sticks to just the actual 'manager' role, i.e, pep talks, choosing the team, player morale, etc, then I'd be all for Giggs being next manager. We'd also have to have a good scouting system. Bit tired of us paying excessive amounts for some players. It's not my money, but I think over the last couple of years we've been a bit careless with our spending.

Status
Not open for further replies.