Who would you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I'm amazed Mourinho has only got 94%.

Are you suggesting that the British media is in touch with the fans? :nervous:
I'm amazed that some people have voted for Giggs, for someone who has next to zilch experience and has not managed even a small club to be given the manager's job at UNITED beggars belief.

For me it's like giving the job to Moyes all over again, although he had experience of management but fundamentally he had zero big club or even any sustained experience in playing in Europe....totally and utterly shocking!!!!!!!

Sparky Rhiwabon

This is not exactly a fair contest! All those trophies for Jose and Giggs has managed a few games as a caretaker!

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
This is not exactly a fair contest! All those trophies for Jose and Giggs has managed a few games as a caretaker!
Mourinho's got an average of one Champions League for every two games Giggs has managed, and has somewhere around double the number of league titles as Giggs has games managed.:lol:

Kayo

Outside Lou Macari's with a can of strongbow.
Jose.

Should have happened in 2013 and maybe we wouldn't have pissed 300 million up the wall and be struggling against part timers in the Europa league and facing "must win" games against Shrewsbury Town.

Get him in, let him focus on the first team, get the structure of the entire club sorted out behind he scenes and decide what direction the club wants to go in the future in terms of managers.

Giggs needs to go and prove he has credentials for the job and stop living off his playing career here.

Rista

To put it this way, Moyes was 10 times more qualified for the job than Giggs is right now and appointing him was still a big risk. What the club needs right now is a proven winner and Jose is exactly that. I imagine people who voted for Giggs just have a strong dislike for Mourinho for whatever reason.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
To put it this way, Moyes was 10 times more qualified for the job than Giggs is right now and appointing him was still a big risk. What the club needs right now is a proven winner and Jose is exactly that. I imagine people who voted for Giggs just have a strong dislike for Mourinho for whatever reason.
Correct. Moyes, with his 13 or so Prem years was infinitely more qualified to manage us than Giggs is, and it still didn't work out. Nor did LvG and his even greater experience.

RustyS

This is starting to look like one of them fake elections in a dictatorship. We already had someone in the thread ask for the dissenters to be banned as well.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Think Woodward told the investors they were going to start trying to connect more with the fans, presumably by doing such things as taking note of public polls (this being one).

If they're like any normal business they'll already be monitoring these things anyway.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
i see @Physiocrat voted Giggs, your winger fetish has gone up a level :D
:lol:

TBF I'd sack LVG now, put Giggs in to the end of the season with a minimum finish he must meet. If he meets it he gets it permanently otherwise we hire someone else.

Also it's not just us winger fetishists for Giggs, Invictus voted for him

m1tch

I would much prefer to see Giggs as manager over Mourinho, but right now there's no decision to make, it has to be Mourinho.
The club is in the worst possible state for Giggs to take over, I'm not saying he couldn't turn it round but it'd be a million times better for him to take over a good squad of players (much like Zidane).
So for now, Mourinho, but when he's done in 3 years I would hope the squad has the sort of quality that'll give Giggs the best chance to succeed.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
:lol:

TBF I'd sack LVG now, put Giggs in to the end of the season with a minimum finish he must meet. If he meets it he gets it permanently otherwise we hire someone else.

Also it's not just us winger fetishists for Giggs, Invictus voted for him
Invictus voted him for a joke

Super Nani

Someone should email this thread over to Woodward and co, just in case he genuinely is still torn as to who the fans want in. 94% to 6% speaks volumes, how can everyone see what has to be done other than the man who actually makes the decision? I'm sure it's just a matter of time now but if we seriously want to salvage anything from this miserable season we need him in asap, it's ridiculous how drawn out this has become.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
There's a list of managers before I'd take Giggs.

I'd even take Gary Neville, Solskjær, Hughes, Bruce over Giggs.

The biggest issue I have with people who want Giggs to be the next manager of Manchester United is they state about playing "The United Way", yet football evolves.

Yes I believe that having loyal players and a long-standing manager breeds success but Giggs just lacks experience and I can't judge a player who has never been a manager for longer than (4?) games.

I don't believe the club is naive enough to let Giggs take over, we're talking about a footballing superpower who the executives have to take on board the sponsors as well as on the field.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I'm not claiming ITK myself, but a reliable friend who's close to the club has assured me that there is tension behind closed doors as certain elements are desperate to force Giggs onto to Mourinho's team, while Mourinho (understandably) wants him gone and that they're at a stalemate. And THAT is why LvG hasn't been replaced - because Giggs is being forced onto another manager who's too smart to agree to such nonsense (yet)...
Just received this message from a newbie (not sure if he wants to be named) but he's asked.. would you mind if Giggs was appointed assistant manager for the 3rd time, or do you all think he should be out too with Van Gaal?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Just received this message from a newbie (not sure if he wants to be named) but he's asked.. would you mind if Giggs was appointed assistant manager for the 3rd time, or do you all think he should be out too with Van Gaal?
Would imagine the newbie just made that up. But anyway, Giggs needs to leave. You can't be number 2 forever like Gill said last month

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Giggs should leave when van Gaal does. This insistence of grafting Giggs onto every new managerial setup is fecking irritating.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I'm not who you quoted first and foremost, however I think Giggs should be forced out at this stage.

At some point Giggs has to be tested, Butt is learning his trade within Manchester United right now, Giggs has had time under Moyes and LvG (Three Years experience now). Isn't it time Giggs is sent out into the footballing world to show what he can do?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Would imagine the newbie just made that up. But anyway, Giggs needs to leave. You can't be number 2 forever like Gill said last month
I doubt he has, the source on the other hand.. of course, very possible. I do know from Mourinho's past that he is notorious for being highly selective about assistant managers.. he's rejected job offers or been very close to doing that unless he gets his own way. He isn't against having a club legend or ex player working for him, but if he thinks that player is a threat in terms of politics, he will stand his ground and not accept the job. If this is true, he might be playing a waiting game until United fold and results become untenable, giving him more leverage in negotiations.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I doubt he has, the source on the other hand.. of course, very possible. I do know from Mourinho's past that he is notorious for being highly selective about assistant managers.. he's rejected job offers or been very close to doing that unless he gets his own way. He isn't against having a club legend or ex player working for him, but if he thinks that player is a threat in terms of politics, he will stand his ground and not accept the job. If this is true, he might be playing a waiting game until United fold and results become untenable, giving him more leverage in negotiations.
If Giggs is forced into the set up it won't be as number 2 as that will definitely be Rui Faria who has been with Mourinho since Porto. Any role for Giggs will be a demotion from his current role as assistant manager which hopefully will give him some incentive to leave and build his own career instead of hoping he will just fall into the job without having to earn it

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
To be honest, I am not totally against the idea of Giggs. I don't buy the whole earn your badges/must be proven stuff. Almost all manager appointments are a risk. I mean look at LVG - his track record would suggest a very low risk but here we are.

That said, when a manager like Mourinho is available you everything you can to get. The special one trumps all!

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Well if the newbie has serious information - then please tell the 'friend' close to United that no - Giggs needs to go with LVG. It's in the club, and his personal interest to move away and start building up his reputation as a manager.

Do we need another poll for this?:D

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
To be honest, I am not totally against the idea of Giggs. I don't buy the whole earn your badges/must be proven stuff. Almost all manager appointments are a risk. I mean look at LVG - his track record would suggest a very low risk but here we are.

That said, when a manager like Mourinho is available you everything you can to get. The special one trumps all!
Giggs is a rookie with no idea of what management means. LVG on the other hand is a dinosaur who haven't win anything important for the past 6 years and the CL in the past 2 decades. Both were a bigger than usual risk

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Or maybe Woodward and Glazers should suck up the 'tension' and say to Giggs and his supporters - NO. It's time for you to go out in the big bad world Ryan...

Edit - if this is all true then Giggs is being super selfish. The club and supporters are looking for something positive, and he's stopping progress to fulfil his own ambitions?

Tyrion

I'm amazed that some people have voted for Giggs, for someone who has next to zilch experience and has not managed even a small club to be given the manager's job at UNITED beggars belief.

For me it's like giving the job to Moyes all over again, although he had experience of management but fundamentally he had zero big club or even any sustained experience in playing in Europe....totally and utterly shocking!!!!!!!
I think it's more the fear of Mourinho which I get actually. I don't mind his style of play but his behaviour. He's prone to acting like a complete tosser and I can get why some are inclined to think 'anyone but him'. Plus I imagine a few oppositon fans are voting. I still don't agree though.

Giggs would be worse than Moyes imo. I know that Moyes gets a LOT of stick here but I think he did a good job at Everton. Giggs has absolutely no experience bar being assistant to 2 managers that have been sacked (as far as I'm concerned LVG has been sacked, he's just been giving a long time to pack up his stuff).

Status
Not open for further replies.