Jose Mourinho's press conference - Burnley(A) | 13:30 BST | Quotes updated in OP

WensleyMU

Some horrific posts in here, real bottom of the barrel stuff. Especially #160, which doesn't even deserve to be quoted. Unmitigated bollocks. The agendas are just pathetic. Get a grip of yourselves cretins.

On the presser, typical Jose. he will never give an inch to the parasites in the press. He never has. Even when they had a good relationship Jose was the same, just a bit more quirky. The mans a winner. I have faith he will demonstrate that again, here and elsewhere.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Last seasons second place finish is one of his biggest achievements? What a bizarre statement from a champions league winning manager. He’s basically saying that he worked miracles with a shit squad, isn’t he?

I’m sure that will be great for the morale of the squad...

Daft Lad

Bottom line is you lot are lucky to have a guy who only cares about winning and in the long run you end up with pots and glory, which we CFC can testify to. OK, at the minute it seems like it isn’t happening but you are only 3 games in.
I was saying that to myself... We are very lucky... (not). Feel free to take him back.

::sonny::

Last seasons second place finish is one of his biggest achievements? What a bizarre statement from a champions league winning manager. He’s basically saying that he worked miracles with a shit squad, isn’t he?
Yes

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Judging by the wankfest that's gone on for the last 2 seasons over Liverpool and Spurs, surely it's got to be? Unless... wait... you're not suggesting the incessant, cringeworthy, lavish praise of two teams that finished comfortably below us in the league might just be over the top, are you?

Thepinhead

Or he might be saying that the players have developed a lot under him compared to the other teams he has managed. He is a coach more than a tactician. All managers are for that matter. So maybe he thinks that this squad is one of those who have improved the most under him om his career.

Would you lose morale if your boss told you that he thought you had developed immensely for the better the last couple of years?

Cantonagotmehere

Starting to love him more and more in the face of this current adversity. Kinda disappointed that more of our own supporters on the caf seem to have come down on the other side of the clear press campaign to try and bully him out. I will support a manager of his stature not taking questions like ‘are you still a great manager’ from cretins like them by just saying ‘let’s talk about the match’. I don’t get some of you guys. Simply because you obviously want a new manager, he should now be more humble and respectful to those utter retards who will simply bully the next manager who replaces him anyway, as long as it isn’t Steven Gerrard or Frank Lampard anyway.
Great post

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I'd appreciate it if you'd point to which male doctor was offered £1.2 million by Chelsea as compensation for constructive dismissal. I can't see any evidence of this having occurred.
AFAIK he was fired and he had no chance of getting a settlement because no-one gave a shit about him. Gender may have played a role in that.

Georgan

Great press conference, he's got the right attitude and as he has proven in recent weeks, he's still one of the best tactically. Let's hope the players can do their part and turn into a winning side.

peridigm

Starting to love him more and more in the face of this current adversity. Kinda disappointed that more of our own supporters on the caf seem to have come down on the other side of the clear press campaign to try and bully him out. I will support a manager of his stature not taking questions like ‘are you still a great manager’ from cretins like them by just saying ‘let’s talk about the match’. I don’t get some of you guys. Simply because you obviously want a new manager, he should now be more humble and respectful to those utter retards who will simply bully the next manager who replaces him anyway, as long as it isn’t Steven Gerrard or Frank Lampard anyway.
The press are assholes. No doubt about that. They also know this is a feeding frenzy for clicks and exposure because it's United. Jose is not doing himself any favors by freezing out players, publicly calling them out on performances, and generally acting like a prick. The football is still shit. That is down to Jose and the players, not the press. Can we agree on that much?

Nikelesh Reddy

Great press conference, he's got the right attitude and as he has proven in recent weeks, he's still one of the best tactically. Let's hope the players can do their part and turn into a winning side.
This.There is no ready made manager waiting in the wings who’s going to make us champions again...Jose has spent 2 years building this team..Now he needs to get more out of the players at his disposal(especially players that he signed) and the club needs to back him better in the transfer window.

I”m fully behind the manager...We need 3 points against Burnley desperately...

Ace of Spades

I don't really care about how highly he rates himself, but we finished second last season as we had the second best squad. It was not some great achievement. He was talking about challenging for the tiltle at the start of last season, and even at the start of first season. Now, he is acting as if he has been performing miracles for the last two seasons, which is just revisionism at its finest. If he can't do his job, he can feck off. He will not be missed, except by his fanboys.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Or he might be saying that the players have developed a lot under him compared to the other teams he has managed. He is a coach more than a tactician. All managers are for that matter. So maybe he thinks that this squad is one of those who have improved the most under him om his career.

Would you lose morale if your boss told you that he thought you had developed immensely for the better the last couple of years?
Yes, but he didn’t say that, did he. If my boss publically stated that he’d worked miracles in my department then myself and my work colleagues would be pissed off.

Leeuw

Supports
Sporting CP
I don't care what he won at other clubs. I'm just interested in what he does at Man Utd. and after spending that much, his football is not very pleasant to see and his results are just the minimum. And his feud with the press isn't nice. Let them talk and prove them wrong on the pitch.

RedorDead21

Reminds me how everyone in this country hated Ali “I am the greatest...better than all those before me and all that’s gonna come”...even when Spinks beat him...what a god damn ledge!

SolskjaerHasDoneIt

No matter what Jose says he'll always get vilified by the press and our own fans.

Obviously this season hasn't started the way we'd all hoped for but I really don't think it's his completely fault after getting left hung out to dry by the board and our players underperforming.
I definitely feel like Alexis, Lukaku and Pogba should be doing a lot better than they are, for example Jose can't control Lukaku missing 3 sitters in 3 games at key times.

We really just gotta get behind him as he's still one of the best around and who would we even replace him with if we do sack him? Apart from Zidane (Who i'm not totally convinced with) there's no one currently available who could handle a job as big as United.

Reactions: Sultan

fil1542

Supports
Jose Mourinho
AFAIK he was fired and he had no chance of getting a settlement because no-one gave a shit about him. Gender may have played a role in that.
As far as I remember, Jon Fearn was not fired and even returned to the sideline a few months after the incident. I think he is still working as a physio at Chelsea. I imagine it would have been much more difficult for him to quit and claim for sexual harassment afterwards as Carneiro did.

haram

Yes, but he didn’t say that, did he. If my boss publically stated that he’d worked miracles in my department then myself and my work colleagues would be pissed off.
He didn’t say it was a miracle. Also, if your boss had achieved what Jose has (one of the best managers of all time) and you had done very little in comparison you would do well to listen and work harder under him. He keeps saying good things about the team but you want to pick this out.

JohnnyKills

Get the feeling he's resigned to leaving at the end of the year. Talking about second place as one of his greatest achievements isn't the Mourinho of old.

Kemizee

Absolutely fantastic press conference. He gave the press good responses for all the unnecessary shit questions they came up with. Imagine asking him about Spurs fans singing he is not special anymore and "he said they didn't sing that last time at Wembley in the FA Cup semis"

The press decided to up their stupidity by asking if he is still one of the greatest managers in the game and he gave an even more of a punch answer; do you ask the manager that finished 3rd, 4th or 5th last year" ...Brilliant yet again. Jose may not have matched our initial expectations as a club when we hired him but the way he is treated by the media is absolutely ridiculous. He is treated disrespectfully compared to way lesser managers like Klopp, Pochettino etc. who have acheived feck all in their careers esp the latter. Well done Jose. Keep putting the scum media in their place.

Reactions: Sultan

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We may win the Press Conference Championship this season. It would be nice if he tactically started shitting over opponents rather than getting schooled by the likes of Chris Hughton.
Would be delighted. We haven't won one of those since Fergie left

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Starting to love him more and more in the face of this current adversity. Kinda disappointed that more of our own supporters on the caf seem to have come down on the other side of the clear press campaign to try and bully him out. I will support a manager of his stature not taking questions like ‘are you still a great manager’ from cretins like them by just saying ‘let’s talk about the match’. I don’t get some of you guys. Simply because you obviously want a new manager, he should now be more humble and respectful to those utter idiots who will simply bully the next manager who replaces him anyway, as long as it isn’t Steven Gerrard or Frank Lampard anyway.
Very well said.

I'd just point out retard is a banned word on this forum. Please be more careful in the future.

PS: Edited

JohnnyKills

Absolutely fantastic press conference. He gave the press good responses for all the unnecessary shit questions they came up with. Imagine asking him about Spurs fans singing he is not special anymore and "he said they didn't sing that last time at Wembley in the FA Cup semis"

The press decided to up their stupidity by asking if he is still one of the greatest managers in the game and he gave an even more of a punch answer; do you ask the manager that finished 3rd, 4th or 5th last year" ...Brilliant yet again. Jose may not have matched our initial expectations as a club when we hired him but the way he is treated by the media is absolutely ridiculous. He is treated disrespectfully compared to way lesser managers like Klopp, Pochettino etc. who have acheived feck all in their careers esp the latter. Well done Jose. Keep putting the scum media in their place.
Yep, he's a great talker. He'll be a great pundit when he leaves here.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

Rather that he made miracles with a squad with 2 obvious holes, down the right flank and at center half

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Klopp, Pochettino, etc don't go around claiming they're the best manager in the world or special while offering absolutely dreadful football with very limited results to say the least. Jose is in part responsible for the treatment he's getting from the press, and maybe he likes that and it gets him out of the bed in the morning but let's not act like the press just decided to attack him for no reason other than he's the Manchester United manager.

RedorDead21

Klopp, Pochettino, etc don't go around claiming they're the best manager in the world or special while offering absolutely dreadful football with very limited results to say the least. Jose is in part responsible for the treatment he's getting from the press, and maybe he likes that and it gets him out of the bed in the morning but let's not act like the press just decided to attack him for no reason other than he's the Manchester United manager.
Eh? Those guys have won feck all!! He can show them a trophy for every million they’ve earned!

The beautiful game

Supports
Chelsea
Reminds me how everyone in this country hated Ali “I am the greatest...better than all those before me and all that’s gonna come”...even when Spinks beat him...what a god damn ledge!
He didn’t say it was a miracle. Also, if your boss had achieved what Jose has (one of the best managers of all time) and you had done very little in comparison you would do well to listen and work harder under him. He keeps saying good things about the team but you want to pick this out.
seems like 'the special one' has hypnotized a lot of folk here again with his press conference - heard it all before...DON'T LOOK INTO HIS EYES!.

Joseunited

How so?

Janson

So here is a different transcript of Mourinho's statement :D

"I am the president of the greatest nation in the world, but I'm also the greatest president in the world," Donald Trump said.

Asked if he would still be able to make that claim should the Republican party fail to keep its majority in the House, Trump replied: "Of course.

"Do you ask that question to the candidate that finished second during the primaries? To the latest republican president before me?

"I had great success last year. That is what probably you don't want to admit. I analyse my performance myself and for me, it is more important what I think than what you think.

"I won many awards. I am the only president that won the Tree of Life Award and has a star on Hollywood Boulevard. And by winning many awards - not small awards, not small titles, proper awards - my second year as president is one of my greatest achievements in life.
I see that trainwreck of a thread inspired some creative writing(trolling).

Cantonagotmehere

Ummm, I don't like Jose's attitude at times but those guys have not won sh!t compared to Jose. That's a horrible reach.

Jose does like to deflect the heat from his team as well. But I'm sure that has nothing to do with this behaviour.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Honestly don't care about the English press. I have thought they were morons long before Jose became our manager . Parasites of the highest order.

But to support him simply because he is fighting the press. It's his management that is the thing for me.

His rivalry with the press is unneccessary. But it doesn't bother me.

haram

It’s a fact that Jose is one of the best managers of all time. Klopp and Pochettino have no right to even claim such a thing.

GM K

Some context...

Some fans believe that Manchester United is still one of the greatest clubs in the world (and yes, it is!) even when the club doesn't seem to be doing well. But the same fans do not want to believe that Mourinho is still one of the greatest managers in the world because he seems not be doing well at the moment.

haram

Some fans believe that Manchester United is still one of the greatest clubs in the world (and yes, it is!) even when the club doesn't seem to be doing well. But the same fans do not want to believe that Mourinho is still one of the greatest managers in the world because he seems not be doing well at the moment.
This post is true, but also sad :(.