Jose Mourinho's press conference - West Ham (A) : 14:00 BST

Ban

More like "poor us, he isn't allowed to play his style". If he goes to Barca and he is unleashed, people will be bitching about "why didn't he play like that for us", and the answer is simple...Mourinho
Wonder what will people say if he goes there and acts like a twat like he has been doing it at United.

bludsucker

Thought this was the press conference thread. This is getting tedious now. Nearly every thread is being turned into a Jose out/pogba out thread. I mean all the moaners can take it to the mourinho out thread and moan their hearts out there.

Ban

Thought this was the press conference thread. This is getting tedious now. Nearly every thread is being turned into a Jose out/pogba out thread. I mean all the moaners can take it to the mourinho out thread and moan their hearts out there.
They want their voice to be heard all across the board.

Mick321

Cringing at the draw comments. I'm sure he'd be calling the game a draw if we win the FA Cup final on penalties and not boosting his ego with how we "won" the game. Other than that he was pretty reasonable for once.

Mcking

So you are moaning about people moaning.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I can't wait for him to be asked a direct question, for him to answer it, and then for the same old posters to berate him for bringing it up in a press conference, entirely ignoring he was asked it in the first place.

Thems my favs.
He's doing a great job of making a this Pogba thing a bigger deal than it already is. Great PR
Ahem...

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Another miserable pressers from Moaninho.

I would rather we had Mike Bassett than him, apart from playing some footy he would cheer the place up!

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
true. Mou is great to develop young talent. Salah, De Bruyne, Martial, Pogba, Lukaku.
Out of that list you have Salah and De Bruyne who fair enough Mourinho. shouldn't have let go, and three players all still currently at the club, including Lukaku and Pogba who aren't even young talents.
Not to mention most people who seem to want Mourinho gone don't like Lukaku anyway.
Terrific list.

Pace Abuser

Great quotes! I'm buoyed again to watch rubbish dinosaur football - meltdown - great quotes - rinse repeat. Yay.

El Zoido

Jose always talks a good game. Fair comments from him, and yes the Derby game was a draw. An awful and embarrassing performance, but a draw.

Posh Red

Out of that list you have Salah and De Bruyne who fair enough Mourinho. shouldn't have let go, and three players all still currently at the club, including Lukaku and Pogba who aren't even young talents.
Not to mention most people who seem to want Mourinho gone don't like Lukaku anyway.
Terrific list.
But wasn't his point about developing those players? Whether he plays them or not isn't necessarily the issue - it's whether or not he can improve them as players.

Decomposing In Paris

More like "poor us, he isn't allowed to play his style". If he goes to Barca and he is unleashed, people will be bitching about "why didn't he play like that for us", and the answer is simple...Mourinho
"Unleashed"? Do you really think that's what would happen if he went to Barcelona? They'd want to sign the Pogba that plays for France, not the one who plays for us every other week. They'd want the same thing Mourinho wants from him... to boss the midfield. I'm a big defender of Paul Pogba and I think some of the negative attention he gets is ridiculous. Saying that, if he goes to Barcelona he's going to have to tackle, to track his runners, to hold a position, to spread the play, and get it to the forward players quickly. Messi is the man at Barcelona, and Pogba, good a player as he is, is not going to change that. Our midfield is often overrun and outfought. It's been everyone else's fault for a while, doesn't seem to matter who plays with him... but at Barcelona he'd absolutely be leashed... because that's what would benefit the team most.

What he would get at Barcelona would be the ability to coast against two-thirds of the league... so he'd only really have to turn up for the big games to be a difference maker. The World Cup showed perfectly what he is capable of in a short run of big games. His performances this season have been good on the whole, but if he'd taken his really big chances this season he could have 7 odd goals already... how much more off the leash can he be without calling him a forward?

Dec9003

But wasn't his point about developing those players? Whether he plays them or not isn't necessarily the issue - it's whether or not he can improve them as players.
His point was stupid to be fair.
He's developed players in his time at United.
Rashford, Lingard, McTominay and Shaw just off the top of my head are better players than when he arrived.
As for Martial, Lukaku and Pogba I don't think they have improved really no, but I think Lukaku and Pogba are as good as they're going to be and already were when they joined the club.
There is still time for martial, and the signs have been good for him in his last two appearances, he looks improved from his Brighton performance alone so fingers crossed he keeps doing well.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
And why do you think Pogba wants to go to Spain? If we were playing attacking football and Pogba was allowed to play his style of game, do you think he would want to leave? I certainly don't...
Oh poor Paul. Evil coach is not playing style what he wants. Imagine situation if every player who is unhappy with something goes in public with that.
But i am curious. What is exactly his style of play? To be main playmaker? He is. To have ball in every attack? He has. To shoot often? He does. Not playing defence? He doesn't.

So wake up. I love Paul and for me only Modric is better mc than him, but he wants to go in Spain. He wanted that 2 years ago and he wants it now.

togg

I'm sure someone else has mentioned it...but not one question about the actual match tomorrow? Nothing at all about his feelings about West Ham? The game? The importance of it? For me, this totally proves the press have one agenda. They are not journalists at all, but wannabe soap opera writers. I'm so sick of the whole Mourinho/Pogba theme - my loyalty is to Manchester United not those two. They'll be gone but I'll still be here supporting United.

Greck

Enjoyed the line about defending the club's values. How about he does the same on the pitch so we know he doesn't just do it when it's in his interest.

donkeyfish

I'm sure someone else has mentioned it...but not one question about the actual match tomorrow? Nothing at all about his feelings about West Ham? The game? The importance of it? For me, this totally proves the press have one agenda. They are not journalists at all, but wannabe soap opera writers. I'm so sick of the whole Mourinho/Pogba theme - my loyalty is to Manchester United not those two. They'll be gone but I'll still be here supporting United.
They rarely are about the game. At least we got an injury update. Just be happy there's no longer questions about Wayne Rooney.

Jib

You can't demote a player while expecting that he performs.

Silly move by Mourinho. He lost the player and soon he'll lose his job because of his ego. He's finished.

Mainoldo

"Unleashed"? Do you really think that's what would happen if he went to Barcelona? They'd want to sign the Pogba that plays for France, not the one who plays for us every other week. They'd want the same thing Mourinho wants from him... to boss the midfield. I'm a big defender of Paul Pogba and I think some of the negative attention he gets is ridiculous. Saying that, if he goes to Barcelona he's going to have to tackle, to track his runners, to hold a position, to spread the play, and get it to the forward players quickly. Messi is the man at Barcelona, and Pogba, good a player as he is, is not going to change that. Our midfield is often overrun and outfought. It's been everyone else's fault for a while, doesn't seem to matter who plays with him... but at Barcelona he'd absolutely be leashed... because that's what would benefit the team most.

What he would get at Barcelona would be the ability to coast against two-thirds of the league... so he'd only really have to turn up for the big games to be a difference maker. The World Cup showed perfectly what he is capable of in a short run of big games. His performances this season have been good on the whole, but if he'd taken his really big chances this season he could have 7 odd goals already... how much more off the leash can he be without calling him a forward?
They want him to replace Sergio? Is that what your saying loool.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Terrific list.
Mou mismanaged Lukaku, De Bruyne and Salah at Chelsea. He seem to have issues with Pogba and Martial at United + he was very close to ditch Shaw as well. Regarding transfers he ditched Mkhitaryan after previously signing him up. He is interested in a new CB despite buying Bailly and Lindelof which probably means he isn't really keen on those either, while Sanchez (top talent at Udinese, Barcelona and Arsenal) is playing dog shit under him. If you add Pogba to Mou's transfers that went horribly wrong list then that's around 40% of his transfers with us.

But that's not all. The man had problems with Chelsea's technical director, Chelsea's owner, Chelsea's doctor, United's CEO, some of the class of 92, a Real Legend (Iker Casillas), Inter's legend (Etoo) and two of United's top players (Martial and Pogba). Diego Costa kicked a bib at him, Real players weren't too bothered to see his back, he lost Chelsea's dressing room, he also lost his no 2 and he had just been humiliated, at home, from one his protegees despite the latter having a championship side at his disposal.

saivet

Seems like a good press conference from him, with no real talking points to come away with which is positive at least.

Dec9003

Mou mismanaged Lukaku, De Bruyne and Salah at Chelsea. He seem to have issues with Pogba and Martial at United + he was very close to ditch Shaw as well. Regarding transfers he ditched Mkhitaryan after previously signing him up. He is interested in a new CB despite buying Bailly and Lindelof which probably means he isn't really keen on those either, while Sanchez (top talent at Udinese, Barcelona and Arsenal) is playing dog shit under him. If you add Pogba to Mou's transfers that went horribly wrong list then that's around 40% of his transfers with us.

But that's not all. The man had problems with Chelsea's technical director, Chelsea's owner, Chelsea's doctor, United's CEO, some of the class of 92 and two of United's top players (Martial and Pogba). Real players weren't too bothered to see his back, he lost Chelsea's dressing room, he also lost his no 2 and he had just been humiliated, at home, from one his protegees despite the latter having a championship side at his disposal.
De Bruyne he did, but it wasn't even his decision to sell Salah.
As for the rest it's largely nonsense that has no relevance as to how good he is or isn't at developing young talent.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
De Bruyne he did, but it wasn't even his decision to sell Salah.
As for the rest it's largely nonsense that has no relevance as to how good he is or isn't at developing young talent.
No one seem to be mentally ready for good old Jose which explains why he barely ever developed any homegrown talent at all. Which is kind of ironic considering that the guy barely ever stick around for long enough to actually develop anyone. When he actually did, the clubs in question wished he didn't

The special one hasn't been special since he left Inter

beedoubleyou

We're 7th in the league and already out of the cup. His handling of a situation he created interests me not.

He needs to go. And so does Pogba. Get rid of them both and move on.
I wouldn't necessarily disagree, but it makes as much sense to put that comment here as it does in the entertainment forum.

beedoubleyou

How awesome would it be if Pog scores a last minute winner tomorrow and celebrates (non wanKlopp style) with Jose?

It would send a message and a big two fingers to the media and the doubters.

... We can all dream. :drool:
Maybe he could cup his ears and stare at the directors box like another malcontent we once called one of our own.

Jib

Regardless of Jose's ego what the hell do you expect him to do? What do you think SAF would have done?
SAF rarely throw his players under the bus like Mourinho.

That's why SAF refused to back Mourinho in 2013.