Jose Mourinho's press conference - West Ham (A) : 14:00 BST

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Does anybody actually care?

It'd actually be funny if Arnautovic strung Lindelof up which is a very distinct possibility. It would double highlight Woodward's incompetence.

I hope he gives the useless Swede a meatephorical rodgering. Arnautovic not Woodward.
I care about the match tomorrow and the result.
You seem to care more about 2 men rodgering each other.
Do you like footballers to be muscular by any chance? :lol:

Cliche Guevara

How is ther Derby game a draw? it was knock out game that we lost on penalties, so we lost.
This is ridiculous.
Had we won the penalty shoot out would people have been saying we beat Derby, or saying we drew the game and won on penalties?

Mainoldo

Is that what I said? Because it's not what I wrote...
What you wrote never made no sense because France and Barcelona do not play the same. So I had to ask is he replacing Sergio? As the role you discribed could only fit ‘kinda’ what his job is in the team.

Ban

Lazy post? Alright then, I'll break it down for you. Jose is the manager and he sets the tone and handles the motivation and man management of players and coaching staff, he's not doing a good job. He's not getting the most out of this team from individual performances to collective ones. The results have been incredibly poor at Old Trafford and the the team are not far off a crisis. His control of the dressing room has been a mess. Players are clearly not happy and he's dealt with the press horribly. The negative atmosphere and leaks coming from within the club are awful. The players have much to answer for but he's our manager and he's not leading us properly. The handling of Pogba and the vice captaincy has been a a circus, Jose started it with comments after he won the World Cup and it's been back and forth since August. It's a weekly drama with United for all the wrong reasons. How he's dealt with Bailly, Periera, Martial, Pogba and Mata so far since pre season been erratic at best. It's all over the place, as I said no player is bigger than the club but either is a manager. Especially one that has no respect for Man United overall. His comments after bad defeats like Sevillla are all about him and his ego. We are a divided club and he is not uniting us at all, only one way this is going. There is shared blame from board, Ed, Jose and players but Jose hasn't guided and developed us near enough.
Same old stuff rehashed for a 100th time. His comments about Pogba weren't so bad that Pogba does this circus. Today he played everything down 3rd or 4th time but I bet Pogba will again make it a mess in no time. He gave him captaincy as a sign of good will and Pogba took a crap on it. As for others, he dropped players, oh the shock horror.

Seven Seas Sardines

Had we won the penalty shoot out would people have been saying we beat Derby, or saying we drew the game and won on penalties?
Mourinho kept reiterating that we didn't lose our return tie(EL I think) when we lost 2-1 because we beat them in total over the two legs. By the same logic we didn't draw, since we lost on aggregate. Mourinho's worse than most Caf members trying to twist reality to suit their own agenda.

Ban

It'd actually be funny if Arnautovic strung Lindelof up which is a very distinct possibility. It would double highlight Woodward's incompetence.

I hope he gives the useless Swede a meatephorical rodgering. Arnautovic not Woodward.
You find strange things funny.

Kapardin

Gotta hand it to you. You would probably stick pins into yourself if it meant Woodward would feel them too.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Oh poor Paul. Evil coach is not playing style what he wants. Imagine situation if every player who is unhappy with something goes in public with that.
But i am curious. What is exactly his style of play? To be main playmaker? He is. To have ball in every attack? He has. To shoot often? He does. Not playing defence? He doesn't.

So wake up. I love Paul and for me only Modric is better mc than him, but he wants to go in Spain. He wanted that 2 years ago and he wants it now.
It's not just Pogba. It's the other players too. To unleash Pogba the others have to be set free as well. We play way too slow and don't attack enough. Just like Pogba said "we are playing at Old Trafford, we should attack attack attack". That's the Manchester United I know. This Mourinho version looks like a team that is dependent on our opponents making mistakes. That's the manager. We should be scoring at least 3 goals per game. As it stands, we are scoring just as many as we let in...

klsv

Embargoed part of the press conference for the press conference thread about tomorrow's match, which is actually not at all a thread to moan about Mourinho and/or Pogba.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Journos are obviously trying to rile him up. Now that we know that this is their strategy at these pressers.

Red00012

You can't demote a player while expecting that he performs.

Silly move by Mourinho. He lost the player and soon he'll lose his job because of his ego. He's finished.
If pogba did this under Sir Alex he would have been booted out at the next available transfer window

Red00012

Easiest way of moving past this is a solid performance tomorrow from pogba on top of a 2-0/3-0 win

Red00012

I care more about the result tomorrow than I do of pogba and Mourinho. As for the rest of the dribble you posted after that i won’t even respond to it.

Johan07

Say what you want about Mourinho - I do - but thats pretty much the truth: To play even Derby today is not locked in to win if you dont give 100 percent. We should get used to it.

Ibrahimorich

If pogba did this under Sir Alex he would have been booted out at the next available transfer window
But this situation wouldn't have arisen under SAF. Fergie wouldn't be doing all this criticism in public.

MrBest

He is full of excuses. Shame his examples now extend to other leagues when City and Liverpool and perhaps Chelsea are miles ahead of newly promoted Cardiff and averagers Everton.

Morpheus 7

Same old stuff rehashed for a 100th time. His comments about Pogba weren't so bad that Pogba does this circus. Today he played everything down 3rd or 4th time but I bet Pogba will again make it a mess in no time. He gave him captaincy as a sign of good will and Pogba took a crap on it. As for others, he dropped players, oh the shock horror.
They both have an element of blame, you going on about Jose playing it down for the 3rd of 4th time. Poor Jose, dry your fecking eyes. He's created most of the mess we are in currently.

Jojo <3 Mou

All I want from the team is a performance. Press conferences and interviews are fairly irrelevant, it should be expected that the manager/player will represent the club well and not cause unnecessary strife (especially in this age of media training).

Mourinho handled the media well today and we, the fans, got information on the team. All in on, a successful presser :p, now on to the important business.

el3mel

But this situation wouldn't have arisen under SAF. Fergie wouldn't be doing all this criticism in public.
Because Pogba/Mourinho issues started due to criticism in public ? Mourinho has been very defensive for him in the pressers ever since the first season.

The issues started when Mourinho told Pogba to do certain role in Spurs game at Wembley, Pogba neglected it and was subbed few minutes later, then started to get dropped from selection later on.

So yeah the statement is right, if another player did the same with Fergie, he would have been chopped off in summer immediately. Mourinho has been in fact too patient with Pogba if anything else. The one who was bitching in the media this far is actually Pogba not his manager.

Criticism in public can be applied on Martial or Shaw but definitely not Pogba.

Jojo <3 Mou

Constant bigging up the opponents, lowering expectations, getting excuses in.

So pathetic it makes me sick khaathuu.

Let's focus on how WE play, so that the opponent is an irrelevance with regards to us going in to a match. Let's make them worry about us, eh.

Mainoldo

We’d have actually been a good team too. So I don’t think anybody would moan. Even though he’s let players get away with less but hey.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
"Maybe people think on the training ground we don’t train enough this area or that area. That’s quite frustrating.”

Thought that was the most interesting thing he said.

Mainoldo

"Maybe people think on the training ground we don’t train enough this area or that area. That’s quite frustrating.”

Thought that was the most interesting thing he said.
Oh yes that old chestnut. But Frank Lampard can get Derby County to play football. Maybe he wished he could coach the Derby players as they can take on instructions.

Himannv

I don't know how you could be a United fan and not care tbh.

Erm, not sure what to say about the Lindelof thing.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
How awesome would it be if Pog scores a last minute winner tomorrow and celebrates (non wanKlopp style) with Jose?

It would send a message and a big two fingers to the media and the doubters.

... We can all dream. :drool:
Yeah.. you are allowed to dream

Needham

Mourinho kept reiterating that we didn't lose our return tie(EL I think) when we lost 2-1 because we beat them in total over the two legs. By the same logic we didn't draw, since we lost on aggregate. Mourinho's worse than most Caf members trying to twist reality to suit their own agenda.
Jose's invented a whole new result beyond the traditional win lose draw. And yet he gets no credit for it.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Pogba can turn it around, but he'll have to convince Jose, from scratch.
The problem is that Pogba does think that he is bigger than any one person at the club and that he can run the show.
I remember when Pogba gave interviews alongside Ibra. I could not have predicted that he would become like this. Had Ibra still been here, I think he'd kept matters under control and I think this is why Jose prefers to work with older players as they bring maturity.

In any case, I am more interested in how we play tomorrow, than the Jose vs Pogba debate.
I am more interested in the game myself but Mou's unnecessary spat at Pogba turned everything into a Pogba vs Mourinho thing. He first made Pogba vice captain, then he strips the vice captain from him after Pogba made some comments, then he says no one is bigger then the club only to come out saying that Pogba was never cive captain in the first place. This sort of knee jerking management is the opposite of solid man management.

It might explain why young talent like De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku thought they were better off elsewhere then under him and it could explain why Mou seem to have lost the dressing room in the previous two jobs he had.

Last edited:

Kapardin

Just trying to deflect as usual. It is true top teams occasionally lose, but they neither lose or draw as frequently as we do, nor do they lose by playing like we do. A top team loses a maximum of 2 games, and maybe draws a couple against the lesser teams over the course of the season. We go a bit further than that.

Been waiting for 2 years for that. I'm not holding my breath.

devilish

Sir Alex endured plenty of drama at the club, didn't he once refer to himself as an emotional man?
Mourinho never said he will never be captains material, just that right now he's just a player for United, no drama.
Anyone managing for more then two decades will endure drama. But most issues were tackled in doors and only came out later on when SAF wrote his books. He never lost the dressing room once either. Mou seem to have lost 2 dressing rooms already at Real and at Chelsea.

Mou had stripped Pogba of vice captain after giving it to him just few months ago. He then goes out saying that no one is bigger then Manchester United and after that he said that Pogba was never vice captain in the first place. Why would a manager put so much heat and pressure on a 25 year old especially at a time when his team can barely win a game? The message given is that the manager would throw anyone under the bus just to relieve heat on himself.

haram

Anyone managing for more then two decades will endure drama. But most issues were tackled in doors and only came out later on when SAF wrote his books. He never lost the dressing room once either. Mou seem to have lost 2 dressing rooms already at Real and at Chelsea.

Mou had stripped Pogba of vice captain after giving it to him just few months ago. He then goes out saying that no one is bigger then Manchester United and after that he said that Pogba was never vice captain in the first place. Why would a manager put so much heat and pressure on a 25 year old especially at a time when his team can barely win a game? The message given is that the manager would throw anyone under the bus just to relieve heat on himself.
Pogba created the heat with his constant comments. Mourinho wasn’t criticising the players this season and gave Pogba the armband.

devilish

Pogba created the heat with his constant comments. Mourinho wasn’t criticising the players this season and gave Pogba the armband.
So I was wondering is it really because of Pogba though? After all neither Juventus nor France had ever had issues with the player. Conte is the closest successful manager I know to good old Keano and he loved him to bits. So lets analyse the other side

Mou mismanaged Lukaku, De Bruyne and Salah at Chelsea. He seem to have issues with Pogba and Martial at United + he was very close to ditch Shaw as well. Regarding transfers he ditched Mkhitaryan after previously signing him up. He is interested in a new CB despite buying Bailly and Lindelof which probably means he isn't really keen on those either, while Sanchez (top talent at Udinese, Barcelona and Arsenal) is playing dog shit under him. If you add Pogba to Mou's transfers that went horribly wrong list then that's around 40% of his transfers with us.

But that's not all. The man had problems with Chelsea's technical director, Chelsea's owner, Chelsea's doctor, United's CEO, some of the class of 92, a Real Legend (Iker Casillas), Inter's legend (Etoo) who sweated blood for him and two of United's top players (Martial and Pogba). Real players weren't too bothered to see his back, he lost Chelsea's dressing room, he also lost his no 2 and he had just been humiliated, at home, from one his protegees despite the latter having a championship side at his disposal. Ah and I almost forgot, Diego Costa kicked a bib at him, he had a bust up with Wenger and he was caught on video poking Vilanova in the eye from behind. He even had arguments with possibly the most talented and professional player of our generation ie Cristiano Ronaldo and had the cheek to say that there's only one Ronaldo ie the fat one who stayed out for an entire season on his club payroll only to turn things around during the WC. Which isn't really surprising considering that he had the cheek to say that Paul Scholes (remember the guy, red hair, no agents, never even considered leaving United) criticised Pogba because he's jealous of the money Pogba makes.

This is the sort of man Pogba and our players are having to live with.

Last edited: