Jose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

Rubbish manager and the one true statistic backs me up saying Pep has been better: the respective league positions.

They have had a similar amount of money and both clubs finished on same amount of points the season before they took over, so their starting position was the same. With the one difference that Mourinho has lived in this league and Pep has just started. Game over. I will of course get nothing but insults and arguments like "ah... I have a great feeling under Mourinho (take a wild guess why... he is our manager!), pep, ah, he has made weird formations and lost away to Monaco (a team we would of course routinely beat and progress against... schjeah rite)... so err, let's forget about the facts shall we and focus on this good feeling of having gone forward in our style... look at our heroism vs Rostov man".

EDIT: apparently Mourinho's pulled another great mind game: "we will probably lose on sunday". Straight out of the Moyes school that one. Good stuff. Now which top player can he bench for 10 weeks and then come out 'rejuvenated' having mastered ninja football when he's back so we can all shower Mourinho with bukkake confetti for his good werk.
I know you're hurt cause your favorite manager lost yesterday but this is too much. You got called out today in Pep thread and you're on a mission it seems to prove Jose is a rubbish manager. Calm down a bit.

So your beloved Pep lost, so what, it isn't the end of the world.

MadMike

Rubbish manager and the one true statistic backs me up saying Pep has been better: the respective league positions.

They have had a similar amount of money and both clubs finished on same amount of points the season before they took over, so their starting position was the same. With the one difference that Mourinho has lived in this league and Pep has just started. Game over. I will of course get nothing but insults and arguments like "ah... I have a great feeling under Mourinho (take a wild guess why... he is our manager!), pep, ah, he has made weird formations and lost away to Monaco (a team we would of course routinely beat and progress against... schjeah rite)... so err, let's forget about the facts shall we and focus on this good feeling of having gone forward in our style... look at our heroism vs Rostov man".

EDIT: apparently Mourinho's pulled another great mind game: "we will probably lose on sunday". Straight out of the Moyes school that one. Good stuff. Now which top player can he bench for 10 weeks and then come out 'rejuvenated' having mastered ninja football when he's back so we can all shower Mourinho with bukkake confetti for his good werk.
I've read some bad posts in here but this is on a whole other level :lol:

Denis79

We're in March and I genuinely preferred the style of football under Van Gaal.

I'm still waiting for Mourinho to do something about our attack. We do need players but there's bound to be a better way to get decent play out there.
You should be estatic if you preferred LvG's football, where we had no attack at all.

mu4c_20le

The football is the same as Van Gaal or marginally better. We just have better players to execute it.

The squad is still massively underachieving, even more so than last year considering the amount of talent we have
I agree with this. We are playing better, we are attacking more, but this is mostly because he made the better signings. Our best performers have been Ibra, Micky, Bailly and Pogba has shown glimpses of brilliance. I think Jose would have also struggled with LVG's squad. But at the same time we also suffer from lack of goals, especially in the first half, similar to LVG.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
You should be estatic if you preferred LvG's football, where we had no attack at all.
And got fourth in his first season. Can;t see us getting even that with the tumescent football we play now...

Reading up on some replies. I offer a condemning statistic, a fact. They offer nervous green smilies, worst post ever etc, zero counter facts or anything concrete. Yeah I'm right.

kidbob

The football is the same as Van Gaal or marginally better. We just have better players to execute it.

The squad is still massively underachieving, even more so than last year considering the amount of talent we have
Bullshit. We are right up there with chance creation this season. Our conversion has been awful but Jose can't put the ball in himself. Under LVG we were drawing games we deserved to draw. Right now we are drawing games we should have won because of our bad finishing.

Denis79

And got fourth in his first season. Can;t see us getting even that with the tumescent football we play now...
Now you are talking about result not type of football. LvG reached a decent result but the football was terrible, like ours tonight.

El Zoido

Knives come out after a couple of games, such is the state of modern football. Jose will get us there, he'll further cull the dead wood over the summer and he'll bring in better players. We must have patience. I haven't always agreed with his tactics, including tonight, but we'll get there.

Josep Dowling

The reaction on here is pathetic. The team came back late Tuesday morning. We won the game. It was never going to be pretty. To even compare to LvG, people must have very short memories of the misery we went through under him.

Simply truth is this squad isn't good enough yet. And please stop comparing to Sir Alex's team, football has changed. You can't have two strikers, wingers and full backs pressing forward all game. You will just get countered. Which would then be José's fault.

Wait until the end of the season to compare to Guardiola but so far they are level in my view. Pepe has spent more money and has bought badly. Maybe Jesus has looked good but after 4 games it's far too early to say this. Jose has won a trophy, still in Europe and still can make top 4.

R'hllor

He also complained about Chelsea and Liverpool,well if he knew how to handle big squad and how to rotate,he could place us in same or similar situation as Chelsea and Liverpool but instead he had to push his best XI at that time every single time,drag them across Europe and best part loosing those away games,kids u15 could also lose those games in EL,easy. Why even bother,guy forced Ivanovic into abyss,while he being destroyed every single week,a kid from Chelsea`s u12 would do better then Ivanovic during that period.

Edit: Oh and those saying how we played better football under LvG...you are freaking nuts,granted we played better big games and won under LvG vs JM`s coward approach so far.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Why am I bringing Pep Guardiola up you say? Because one manager gets deemed a fraud and failure by the caf, whereas the other (our current manager so why am I not surprised) passes with flying colors for his first season according to the same geniuses on here. Weird that the failure in his very first PL season seems to be outperforming the Premier League legend, the man to take us forward and rewarding us with great style etc... something does not add up. Cue "worst post ever" and green smilies.

Face up to it. We signed a legend who has it all to prove that last season was an anomaly and not the new norm.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Am I the only one to think that his passion for football seems to be gone? He doesn't look the same as he did when he was in Madrid. I think last season has broken him a bit.

Devil may care

The Prof is having an absolute mare in here. Tonight was the first time I've been really deflated by Jose this season, his gameplan and subs were horrendously negative.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Am I the only one to think that his passion for football seems to be gone? He doesn't look the same as he did when he was in Madrid. I think last season has broken him a bit.
Yep, whatever he had, he has to prove he hasn't lost it. His season at Chelsea might not be a one off.

Runner

People are never happy. We're on to the next round, we won ugly so what.

The United

Why am I bringing Pep Guardiola up you say? Because one manager gets deemed a fraud and failure by the caf, whereas the other (our current manager so why am I not surprised) passes with flying colors for his first season according to the same geniuses on here. Weird that the failure in his very first PL season seems to be outperforming the Premier League legend, the man to take us forward and rewarding us with great style etc... something does not add up. Cue "worst post ever" and green smilies.

Face up to it. We signed a legend who has it all to prove that last season was an anomaly and not the new norm.
Well, both sides go extreme trying to prove a point or two though generally I doubt neither of side actually believe the shits they spout.

But, yeah if you argue or balance things around, you get labelled as you hate Jose and is a pep fan boy or some shit around here. Have been there.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I'd clearly find the "enemies" rant standardly amusing Jose shenanigans if we'd lost. Bringing it out after a bland, comfortable home win is what's slightly weird about it. The only thing that went against us tonight was Pogba's injury, so unless he thinks there are dark cosmic forces conspiring against us, I'm a bit confused...And if he does think that, I'm even more so.

diarm

I just don't see the logic behind the way he played out that second half?

I get trying to see out a game, I get being safe and conservative even if I don't enjoy it.

What I don't get is gambling everything on not conceding a single goal. Romero doesn't pull off a cracking save at the end and we're going into another 30 minutes of football which is the last thing we need.

A dodgy deflection, a missed offside or an individual error can all lead to a jammy goal and it's happened to us so often this season you think we'd learn to expect it.

They had to attack after we scored so why not put Rashford on? He's the one player there who could have exploited the space left behind and it's not like a fresh Rashford would offer any less defensively than a tiring Mata, Mkhey or Zlatan.

I get the logic of maintaing possession and picking the safe pass. But what in Gods name is the point of playing safe backwards pass after safe backwards pass until you get back to the keeper or centre back who just lumps possession up the field aimlessly?

The United

He is too depressing with the stuff he has to say so far here even for his own standard for me.

Either he lost his mojo a bit or he is masterminding something big.

We will see next season.

Born2Lose

Mourinho can talk about fatigue all he likes, but it's his rigidity that's the problem. If your going for four competitions it's a squad game.

Did we really need Pogba playing tonight to beat Rostov?

Minimalist

You think we've played bad all season?
I think we've been anywhere from diabolical to decent at times. About the same as under Van Gaal quite frankly.

You must have problems with your memory then.
Go on. I mean you can obviously point out all these fantastic matches so why not state them?

We still scored goals. No many but we did score.

Mourinho has added more quality with big money to boot and we look marginally more likely to score.

---

For the record, I wanted Van Gaal sacked. I was also happy with Mourinho coming in AND, I still believe he'll get it right.

I am simply stating my fecking opinion as a bloke watching our matches, that the performances are absolutely dire and haven't been much better earlier in the season. Added to this is a season-long issue of attacking play in the final third looking disjointed and our 'big game' performances are terrible coming off LVG's pretty solid record in comparison.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
R'hllor and Kevin were absolute certainties to appear here tonight.
Haven't posted about Mourinho much after many bad results. Even defended him somewhere inbetween.

EDIT: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/jose.424608/page-28#post-20547260

Me 2 weeks ago. "Too much faulting the manager for this match. The players should have won the match with those guilt edged chances and Ibra is the biggest culprit of them all. He should have had a hattrick.

And I have massacred Mourinho this season. No blame from me on him for this one."

Call it as I see it baby. You will also see me defending Ibra in his thread an hour ago whereas my honesty forces me to point him out for failing to put away big chances in the above post. I am the least biased and have the thinnest agenda of all the posters on the caf.

cyberman

I just don't see the logic behind the way he played out that second half?

I get trying to see out a game, I get being safe and conservative even if I don't enjoy it.

What I don't get is gambling everything on not conceding a single goal. Romero doesn't pull off a cracking save at the end and we're going into another 30 minutes of football which is the last thing we need.

A dodgy deflection, a missed offside or an individual error can all lead to a jammy goal and it's happened to us so often this season you think we'd learn to expect it.

They had to attack after we scored so why not put Rashford on? He's the one player there who could have exploited the space left behind and it's not like a fresh Rashford would offer any less defensively than a tiring Mata, Mkhey or Zlatan.

I get the logic of maintaing possession and picking the safe pass. But what in Gods name is the point of playing safe backwards pass after safe backwards pass until you get back to the keeper or centre back who just lumps possession up the field aimlessly?
Its game managment, with all of the injuries this week and plain old fatigue I honestly don't think we had the legs to go at them.
Nor did we have to to be honest. He trusted the side to play within themselves to conserve energy and get us through, probably with an eye on Boro as well since he was so reluctant to bring on Rashford and even Carrick would have been the natural sub for Paul.
Beat Boro and it's fantastic management imo. I did say Pogba shouldn't have played before the match but seeing our midfield when he came off I ca ln see why he played, better risking a 24 yo Pogba that a 34 yo Carrick

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I think we've been anywhere from diabolical to decent at times. About the same as under Van Gaal quite frankly.
The majority of games under LvG we'd be asking if we had even had a shot on goal. No matter how bad we are playing under jose, we are still creating.

cyberman

Haven't posted about Mourinho much after many bad results. Even defended him somewhere inbetween.

EDIT: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/jose.424608/page-28#post-20547260

Me 2 weeks ago. "Too much faulting the manager for this match. The players should have won the match with those guilt edged chances and Ibra is the biggest culprit of them all. He should have had a hattrick.

And I have massacred Mourinho this season. No blame from me on him for this one."

Call it as I see it baby. You will also see me defending Ibra in his thread an hour agom whereas I my honesty forces me to point him out for missing three guilt edged chances in the above post. I am the least biased and have the thinnest agenda of all the posters on the caf.
Did you see us win with an injury hit side out on our feet today?
Tells us how often we avoid defeat when a win is treated like an impending apocalypse

Denis79

He is too depressing with the stuff he has to say so far here for me.

Either he lost his mojo a bit or he is masterminding something big.

We will see next season.

Go on. I mean you can obviously point out all these fantastic matches so why not state them?

We still scored goals. No many but we did score.

Mourinho has added more quality with big money to boot and we look marginally more likely to score.

---

For the record, I wanted Van Gaal sacked. I was also happy with Mourinho coming in AND, I still believe he'll get it right.

I am simply stating my fecking opinion as a bloke watching our matches, that the performances are absolutely dire and haven't been much better earlier in the season. Added to this is a season-long issue of attacking play in the final third looking disjointed and our 'big game' performances are terrible coming off LVG's pretty solid record in comparison.
I'm just stating my opinion as you, I watched almost every game under LvG and Mourinho, atleast we have dominated a handful of games under Mou with some good football. Remember our CL campaign? Trashing from MK Dons, losing to Middlesbrough? Shit like that hasn't happened yet with Mou. LvG was terrible in my opinion.

The United

Its game managment, with all of the injuries this week and plain old fatigue I honestly don't think we had the legs to go at them.
Nor did we have to to be honest. He trusted the side to play within themselves to conserve energy and get us through, probably with an eye on Boro as well since he was so reluctant to bring on Rashford and even Carrick would have been the natural sub for Paul.
Beat Boro and it's fantastic management imo. I did say Pogba shouldn't have played before the match but seeing our midfield when he came off I ca ln see why he played, better risking a 24 yo Pogba that a 34 yo Carrick
I am confused though.

We have to manage the games this way because we are so shit or we are so shit because of this game management especially we are not doing well in the league and barely beating teams that we should within the first half of a game?

And a bit frightening to know which is which.

To be fair to him though, his teams usually slow down on 2nd half of season to get results. We will see if it is the case with us here too.

The United

I'm just stating my opinion as you, I watched almost every game under LvG and Mourinho, atleast we have dominated a handful of games under Mou with some good football. Remember our CL campaign? Trashing from MK Dons, losing to Middlesbrough? Shit like that hasn't happened yet with Mou. LvG was terrible in my opinion.
And my post had something to do with what you wanted to say?

Just checking.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
no but our recent run or Thursday, Monday, Thursday, Sunday is pretty tough going at this level.
It's no worse than a Wednesday, Sunday, Tuesday, Saturday CL run. The Europa league has the disadvantage of an extra knockout though which is the only thing.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Our game away to Leicester, Middlesbrough at home, WBA away, Sunderland at home, West Ham in EFL. We played well against Arsenal which we drew.

Listen the football has been far better than it was under LvG I'm not sure why I'm even having this conversation with you. It's fecking ludicrous to even suggest our football is not better under Jose.

Goodnight.

diarm

I just don't see it as good management. What if Romero doesn't get to that free kick. What if one of the three other clear goal scoring opportunities they had leading up to that free kick had deflected in?

Then all the arguments about managing fatigue go out the window.

Rashford or Lingard are well capable of playing 20 minutes tonight and being grand for Sunday. We needed lads out there who could run at defenders because every time we ran at them today we had them on toast.

The best way to manage that game out tonight was to score a second goal. How many times have we gone ahead this year, stepped off the gas and been punished for it? How many times does it need to happen before we learn?

Sylar

I'd clearly find the "enemies" rant standardly amusing Jose shenanigans if we'd lost. Bringing it out after a bland, comfortable home win is what's slightly weird about it. The only thing that went against us tonight was Pogba's injury, so unless he thinks there are dark cosmic forces conspiring against us, I'm a bit confused...And if he does think that, I'm even more so.
I think hes talking about things like the Rostov pitch being good enough to have United play (because players have insurance) then straight after being deemed not good enough for Rostov home games
or United travelling away on a Thursday then FA Cup Monday (why not Sunday?) and then Thursday again and then Sunday match being 12 (why not 4pm?)
I know most of this is controlled by TV but I can see his point as well.

cyberman

I just don't see it as good management. What if Romero doesn't get to that free kick. What if one of the three other clear goal scoring opportunities they had leading up to that free kick had deflected in?

Rashford or Lingard are well capable of playing 20 minutes tonight and being grand for Sunday. We needed lads out there who could run at defenders because every time we ran at them today we had them on toast.

The best way to manage that game out tonight was to score a second goal. How many times have we gone ahead this year, stepped off the gas and been punished for it? How many times does it need to happen before we learn?
It was one good save, if the first shot or freekick went in then the keeper should be sacked.
We also hit the post twice, if 2/3 of their chances were half chances then it really isnt that bad

Sylar

Also just add, overall the football has been much much better under Jose than LVG. Last season was a chore going to OT and the football was dire. This season its been fun again, weve been playing better, and creating chances. The big problem is of course the conversion rate of our strikers (which I dont think many of us on here would have expected)

The football today wasnt great but again, in the first half we were decent without taking our chances. But we dominated and it was against a team that at times had all 11 men in their own box.
Second half the flow of our football changed once Pogba went off. The quick pass forward was pretty much out and it became about navigating through tonights tie more than the actual performance.
After what we saw with City and Pep last night, progress > performance was always going to be the case.

Ban

We had 2 subs cause of 2 injuries. He had to think about the 3rd sub, what to do with it, not just make it quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.